North Cyprus Tourist Board - Flights From Ireland To North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Flights From Ireland To North Cyprus

Flights From Ireland To North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

conor

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

Hi all,

Looking for some advice regarding the best options for travelling from Dublin to North Cyprus.............we are purchasing an appartment in the Caesar-Resort complex due completion most likely early 2009. Thanks in advance for any good advice.

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

To fly into Ercan from Dublin you will have to get a flight to the UK (Stansted, Heathrow, Manchester or Birmingham) then you get a flight to Ercan.

I'm not sure but you maybe able to fly to Larnaca/Paphos direct from Dublin.

dodger

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

flightline.co.uk to flights from dublin to laranaca conor.

sunstroker

Message Posted:
16/01/2008 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

Cyprus turkish ailrines did fly from belfast up to last year but ceased this and i think also the glasgow service just after we had bought our villa

Not sure if they will reinstate again, suppose it depends on demand...

irishvixen

Message Posted:
16/01/2008 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

Turkish airlines have just sent us their schedule for 2008 and they are now doing flights from Dublin to Ercan via Istanbul on Mondays,Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.I would much rather drive 1 1/2 hours to Dublin than sit around Stansted or Fly to Larnaca.

whitemad

Message Posted:
16/01/2008 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

Brill. Long may it last. Do you have their website address. I had to book via Stanstead in July as we wanted to go for 3 weeks but wouldn't mind having a look at these for a week in August maybe. (my boss obviously isn't aware of this yet - ha ha).

conor

Message Posted:
17/01/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

Thanks all for you're replies very much appreciated I did'nt realise that Turkish airlines are flying direct from Dublin.

irishvixen

Message Posted:
17/01/2008 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

Website address is http://www.transit-travel.com. Select flights to North Cyprus and then turkish airlines. OR

email is r.hatherly@transit-travel.com

If you go onto Turkish Airlines site you cant book online you have to ring them for North Cyprus Flights.

Hope it helps

Irishvixen.

sarahlou

Message Posted:
17/01/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Conor,

Having had a few technical issues i write my reply to you regarding flights from Dublin. Apologies if this appears twice !

We bought a villa last spring and have tried a number of routes from Dublin out to Ercan and direct into Larnaca.

Out of them all, we find the flights with Turkish Airlines the most efficient and practical. An example of the flights we now use.

Leave Dublin on Friday afternoon 14.35 and arrive in Ercan at 23.00pm after stopping for an hour or so in Istanbul - your know Dublin so nothing ever takes off on time so we have often only had time for a quick cup of coffee before boarding again.

The return leg on a Monday leaves at 05.00am and arrives in Dublin at 10.20am ! The boarding passes are given for the whole journey therefore luggage goes all the way through.

We have tried stopping in Stansted and the trek from Larnaca and to be honest, we agree with IrishVixen - this route is much easier.

You can book with Expedia.co.uk or indeed our own Budgettravel.ie offer the same flights (under their worldwide section) Dublin to Ercan - the costs are pretty much the same - for 2 adults and 2 kids we pay around 1100 Euro depending on dates and exchange rates. If you go direct through Turkish Airlines they can not book it online, you have to phone or email them at Dublin airport and then pay on arrival - cash only !

Good luck with the apartment, im sure you will love it out here - we are out here at least 5 times each year so if you find an alternative route or airline, share it with us all.

Sarah

Message Posted:
17/01/2008 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Conor - its good to see more fellow Irish going over to TRNC. Congratulations on taking the plunge ! Im sure you will love it.

We bought a place out there last spring and have tried a number of different routes, via UK, direct to Larnaca and our preferred via Istanbul.

We tend to leave Dublin on a Friday at 14.35pm and arrive in Ercan at midnight after stopping for a Burger King / Coffee in Instanbul for just over an hour.

Coming back, if you leave on a Monday at 5.00am you are back in sunny Dublin at 10.20am ! after stopping for a quick coffee in Istanbul.

You get food on each of the flights and the planes are nice, comfortable and the food pretty decent for airplane catering.

To be honest this, we have found to be the best option and agree with IrishVixen totally, the flight times are handy and you only have an hour or so to kill in Istanbul. You get your boarding passes for both flights at check in and your luggage goes straight through to Ercan. Couldn't be easier.

Go on to either Budgettravel.ie or Expedia - sometimes Expedia is cheaper but there is not a great deal it. You can book direct with Turkish Airlines but for some reason they cant take payment and you have to pay cash at Dublin when you arrive !!!! Check out Expedia / Budgettravel, we travel reguarly, 2 adults and 2 kids cost around 1100 Euro all in so great value if you ask me.

Larnaca is fine and Budget travel there direct - often there are great deals - 20EURO one way last October school holidays so keep looking for their special offers. You just need to weigh up what's best for you.

Enjoy,

Sarah

Naas26

Message Posted:
18/01/2008 01:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

Great to see a there are more Dubs out in Northern Cyprus we were beginning to wonder if we were the only ones.We have bought in Tatlisu, we haven't stayed in our apartment yet but hope to at the end of the year. we have tried many different way

Dublin / Heathrow / Larnaca with BA. Flights everyday and if you watch their sites you can get a good deal

Budget Travel Flight Only to Larnaca - very handy and if you travel outside peak time great value. No great flexibility in flight times and no meal served on flight

This July we are traveling with Cyprus Airways via Heathrow - We are traveling this way as we got a good deal with flights in July as everybody else was very expensive. Peak time I suppose !.

We have never traveled via Ercan but seeing the Istanbul route we will probably try after the summer when we travel without the Kids.

Flying into Larnaca and getting a taxi (with direct traveler) has been no problem and has only every taken just over 70 Min's going through the border with ease. We have also hired a car in the south and driven over to Kyrenia and return via Famagusta and Ayia Napa with no issues

If you want any more info or just want to chat with somebody local you can PM me

conor

Message Posted:
20/01/2008 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

Thanks Irishvixen, Sarah, Sarahlou & Naas26 for replying to my question. I can see you all put a lot of effort into your replies, thanks so much for the very detailed responses that you wrote......the advice is very much appreciated

Our appartment is in the Bogaz region from what I've been reading it sems like a very idyllic area to spend time. Hopefully through time the political scene will change & maybe low cost carriers will be able to fly direct to Ercan.

Again thanks for you're replies..................I'll definitely take up up on the offer Naas26 as we get more into the legal stuff.

sjw1979

Message Posted:
21/01/2008 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

Hi all,

see flights from dublin - ercan starting at £224 per person, excellent !!

talk soon,

sj xx

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
21/01/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

North Cyprus Tourism had a stand at the Holiday Show in Belfast at the weekend. They were handing out lovely paper bags advertising NC , everyone was carrying one, maybe because none of the other exibitors had any bags. Inside the bag was a lovely travel guide, a bookmark and a list of holiday companies who arrange packages to TRNC. There weren't ANY brochures and of course still no flights Belfast to Ercan. CTA stopped them last year, I never understood why because the flights were always full to Antalya anyway, and perhaps half full on the final leg to Ercan. Makes me wonder why they bothered to have a stand at all, or perhaps, hopefully they are considering opening the route again. ( Hope springs eternal........ )

irishvixen

Message Posted:
22/01/2008 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

Didn't know they where in Belfast Holiday Show would like to have had a look at what they are offering. We have an apartment on the Turtle Bay Village Site which Phase one is nearly completed. Last year we flew from Belfast to Stansted, Stansted to Istanbul, Istanbul to Ercan with 2 kids one 2 and the other 5 flipping nightmare with all security checks at Belfast and Stansted. But did like landing at Ercan and picking up car at airport. The other time we went via Larnaca and got stopped at Greek border, bags searched lucky for us we didn't have any contracts or paperwork regarding land or purchases on us but they kept us for nearly an hour.

Yes I hope they get the tourist trade up so that we can campaign for direct flights.

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
22/01/2008 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

Hi irishvixen, they didn't have a lot to offer, so you didn't miss anything at all. The stand had photos of North Cyprus but not one single brochure, strangely. I already have the Anatolian Sky brochure and the prices are ridiculous for this year, Oscars, for example in July is £769 for the Pink Court Apts and the Malpas is £1049 for a standard room B&B up to £2079 for a junior suite B&B!!

For us, to add on flights to England as well, makes it a dear do.

I wouldn't be put off the Larnaca route, I think that you were just unlucky last time you went that way. We did it 4 times last year and have never been stopped, except going back to the airport and then all they were interested in was if we had cigarettes. It must have been a nightmare going the Ercan way with 2 small children. My daughter came last year with our then 11month old grandson, Belfast/Larnaca with First Choice and has booked again this year £289 per adult in June, it may be worth a look.

Noeler

Message Posted:
24/01/2009 04:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

Hi All, good to see more people from Ireland going out to TRNC. We flew from Dublin into Ercan, a couple of times, last year with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul. This can be done via the Turkish Airlines website but the Dublin-Istanbul, Istanbul - Ercan trips need to be booked separately. As others have said, it's a great service although a bt more expensive this year compared to 2008. Going over this coming March with Lufthansa - Dublin to Larnaca via Frankfurt. Lufthansa have a good website and can be really good value if you're flexible on days which you travel (we got flights for less than €180 pp return). Malev airlines via Budapest also worth checking. Many TRNC car-hire firms offer a pick-up service from Larnaca - we use Gunray....

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/01/2009 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

ome on the irish to keep me company hope you can all make it one wa or another. lilli x

flightholiday

Message Posted:
24/01/2009 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

Sarah,

Msg 10

We can arrange Turkish Airlines for you with one of our consolidators at usualy competitive rates priced GBP.

Talk to us.

Tom

Yvonne

Message Posted:
24/01/2009 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Conor,

I'm living in Dublin and have bought a place in NC in PBV. I've travelled with CTA via Istanbul but would recommend the following:

Dub to Stn with Ryan Air

Connect with Pegasus from Stn to Ercan.

Cost comes to about €230 in April or May.

It's alot cheaper than Turkish Airlines or Cyprus Turkish Airlines. Check out their websites for prices. Pegasus are doing really good deals now.

Hope this helps.

Y

Yvonne

Message Posted:
24/01/2009 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

Btw, that's €230 return!

Irish

Message Posted:
25/01/2009 03:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

hi conor

have to say yvonne is right we went in Aug with Turkish airlines and paid a lot found doing it though Stn alot cheaper

Tatiana

Message Posted:
26/01/2011 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Im living in Dublin and I was thinking of buying an apartment in the Caesar Resort, can you

Tell me if it's s nice place ? Is it a good deal? Also do airlingus or Ryanair fly there?

Many thanks.

dublinderm

Message Posted:
26/01/2011 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Tatiana,

Like the previous posters, Turkish Ailines via Istanbul is probably to most reliable way of getting to NC andback to Dublin. Prices are currently running at €412 per person. You can do better with some of the charter airlines in the Summer, but they often do not want to sell flight only deals.

Aer Lingus are starting a direct flight schedule to Izmir (ADB) from May 4th to Sept 17th. You can connect to Ercan (ECN) with ATLAS JET for about €220 return. Unfortunately, you must spend the night in Izmir on the way over and this will add to the cost. As it is a new route, Aer Lingus are offering one way fares at €60 outside of the peak holiday period of July/August but considering how many Irish have places in the Izmir area, these may not last too long.

For anyone travelling to Britain, they would have to overnight in Dublin as the flight arrives at about midnight.

Ryanair are flying to Larnaca (LCA) and Paphos (PFO) from Belgium and Germany. PRICEY!!!

DD

Noeler

Message Posted:
27/01/2011 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

Aer Lingus/ Atlas via Izmir sounds like another interesting option although Turkish Airlines via Istanbul probably still the best in terms of flight times and transfer etc although price a bit on the high side. Don't forget to register for Miles and Smiles....

Naas26

Message Posted:
27/01/2011 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

A new option flying to NC from Ireland would be with Luftansa out via Munich into Larnaca and home via Frankfurt. They have the shortest connection times with 1 hour in Munich (thhey gaurantee 1/2 hour connection) on way out and 3 hours on return. These are for the summer flights first 2 week August €350. Also this includes luggage so no extra cost there.

Also it is worth looking at outward easyjet via London return with Condor via Frankfurt €230 March

Naas 26

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
27/01/2011 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Tatiana,

Reading your post and :quote; 'Is it a nice place? A good deal?' Please, Please do not even think of buying if you haven't been to TRNC and had a look for yourself. I know that the price might look good for a property abroad and would be really tempting but honestly, don't put a penny down until you have seen it for yourself.

As for flights, sorry dublinderm but that way is very hard and expensive work. I am sure that you can fly direct from Dublin to Larnaca with one of the charter airlines, or it might be cheaper from Belfast.

We use http://www.TravelRepublic.co.uk

dublinderm

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

Hi again,

Sound advice from Ballboffin Pat with regards to purchasing "sight unseen". Spend a bit of time and get to know the local scene before making a commitment.

With regard to the flights, I agree that the DUB-ADB-ECN route does involve some hassle and WILL be expensive as the seats get filled up, however, one should consider the 'hidden' costs of travel. In my case, the cost of getting to and from Belfast and the cost of long term carparking can often more than close the gap between a bargain fare and the seemingly higher one from your 'home' airport.

Due to my job, I qualify for 'free' Aer Lingus flights, so I will probably give this a go just to see how it works out. I would still say the best way from Dublin to NC is with Turkish Airways even at the higher price.

Good luck whatever route you choose.

DD

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

Try http://www.flightholiday.co.uk for the Dublin Ercan flights they have two suppliers in flights who have helped me before just checked May and below 345 each not bad

ricky

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

Conor,

Dublin >> Brussels South (Charleroi) and Charleroi >> Larnaca. All by RYANAIR.

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

Ricky you talking about the airline who offer outdoor privies in flight?

Must be cheap

dublinderm

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

Ricky,

You do not say how much it costs.

What happens if you miss a connection in either direction??? Ryanair are 'point to point'. They will not accept any resposibility for 'connecting' flights and will charge you the earth if you need to rebook.

Good luck with that!!

DD

dublinderm

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

I have just checked the Ryanair website.

The Larnaca - Charleroi flight arrives in CRL at 22:25.

The Charleroi - Dublin flight departs CRL at 06:50.

Ok so you will not miss a connection, but a night in CRL airport? No thanks!

Prices aren't that special either.

DD

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

dublinderm how do ryanair compare with the 345 return with I assume Turkish in May?

dublinderm

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

On the face of it, the fare appears to be;

€80 pp (no bags) for DUB-CRL-DUB.

€137 pp (no bags) for CRL-LCA- CRL (with an overnight stay at CRL).

This assumes a €10 charge for credit card booking and another €10 "on line check in fee" for each leg of the journey. These were for travel in May. Total €217.

We all know of Ryanair's ability to levy extra charges of course.

DD

dublinderm

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

The cheapest hotel in Charleroi is the IBIS at €72. Taxi fares are listed as €20 each way airport - hotel - airport.

This adds €112 to the €217 for the airfares (if this can be believed) making a grand total of €329.

Not so great now!!

€412 with TK is fine with me.

DD

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

Message 35/36 add bags and some meals and you will pay more than Turkish with meals and some civil service included for free.

No contest do you want an outside WC on your flight or inside with all the comforts. I prefer the 2nd.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.