North Cyprus Tourist Board - PTP (Permission to Purchase Permit) waiting 5 years
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > PTP (Permission to Purchase Permit) waiting 5 years

PTP (Permission to Purchase Permit) waiting 5 years

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

spireite

Message Posted:
26/01/2008 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

When we get to May this year we will have been waiting 5 years for our Permission to Purchase Permit, is this a record ?

We have phoned the PTP office and the only answer we get is that it is with the military.

We have registered a complaint with the Property Information Office but have heard nothing since we were given a file number.

We have constantly asked our solicitor to find out what is going on but she doesn't reply.

Has anyone got any advice on what to try next ?

Bradus

Message Posted:
26/01/2008 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Valium?

Bradus

Message Posted:
26/01/2008 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Sorry but you have obviously done as much as you can and its hard to fight against such gross incompetence. I thought the average of 2-3 years was ridiculous but this really takes the biscuit. Suppose this mean that your property, although bought and paid for, is still not legally yours?

This must be causing you some concerns? I don't know what to suggest but I am sorry you are left in this situation. I hope that although slow the Property Information Office does act eventually and that it is sorted out.

Good Luck

spireite

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Thanks for the sympathy Bradus, yes you are right we have fully paid up and been enjoying holidays in the Villa for2 years but it is still not ours.

What is more worrying is our neighbors who bought at the same time have their deeds in their hands.

There seems to be no order to when these PTP'S come through, begining to think that ours has been lost.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.