North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone buy or buying at Chelsey Village?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone buy or buying at Chelsey Village?

Anyone buy or buying at Chelsey Village?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Chelsey Village North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Arty65

Message Posted:
28/01/2008 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 93 in Discussion

Hi,

I have bought an apartment at Chelsey Village and would be happy to hear from anyone who has bought or is considering buying.

Arty

dodger

Message Posted:
29/01/2008 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 93 in Discussion

A bit dejasvous arty

Arty65

Message Posted:
29/01/2008 02:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 93 in Discussion

I never actually spoke to anyone that had made a purchase on the last string, so thought id list the name in the subject heading to see who was out there. Don't worry, I'm not loosing it....

jmg171

Message Posted:
29/01/2008 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 93 in Discussion

Hello arty,

My husband and I have bought at chelsey,going out in March for handover.

We are in Block 9

jackie

heathermck

Message Posted:
01/02/2008 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

I have bought at chelsey village. Got the keys in january, although couldn't stay in the apartment as the electricity and water were not connected. Going back in march so hopefully it will be sorted by then. I am in block 17 apt 8 where are you?

jmg171

Message Posted:
01/02/2008 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 93 in Discussion

Hello Heather,

Hows the site looking? we are over the end of march for handover.

Really looking forward to seeing the finished apartment and long lazy days at the pool.

Jackie

heathermck

Message Posted:
01/02/2008 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

Still a lot of building going on but you can really see it starting to take shape. The pool and restaurant are getting the finnishing touches and should be open by the spring(which I hope is march). Check if you will have electricity and water if you want to stay in your apartment.

Heather

phoenix

Message Posted:
01/02/2008 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie

As were buying Apt 7 Block 9 looks like we could be neighbours,interested to see you are going out end of March as they said begining of April for ours but did'nt seem too sure,any more information or tips would be appreciated.

Ken & Sue

jmg171

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Ken& sue,

We are in apartment 6 so hello neighbours !

Our completion date should have been the end of january so they have a 2 months grace for handover.

My husband Davie and I are over on the 23/03-02/04 staying at the Dome Hotel so we will travel eachday to the site to do the snagging and go over any issues we may have.I hope there is electric connection ?as I am hearing their is a shortage of meters on the Island.When we were over in october the site looked really good and the views from the apartment are fantastic.

When were you guys last over?

Jackie

jmg171

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Heather,

We just might bump into eachother in march.

What was the finish like on your apartment ?did you have any major snagging issues?We have another apartment in Tatlisu Seaterra Bay which is also complete and at present the snagging is been carried out ,there is also a problem at the bay (electric meters) Kib-tek seems to have run out.they have offered electric without meter at £100 per month and if we like disconnect after the snagging has been carried out which is fine at least we can check all the electrical goods are working ie aircon units.

Heather how did you manage to do your snagging without electric?do you know if the other apartments have electric or are they running on the sites generator.

Jackie

heathermck

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

I only had a couple of minor things to be sorted. The finish seems pretty good. I didn't test the electrical equipment(no electric). The rest of the site that have electricity are connected to the generator. We are going out the 13th-23rd march. I noticed you go on the 23rd so will just miss you. Are you doing the snagging on your seaterra apt at the same time? Hopefully when I check the aircon etc they will all be fine but I am sure it wouldn't be a problem as I have always found the staff very helpful. Have you? Will you be able to spend much time in trnc?

Heather

jmg171

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Heather,

The on site management company are doing the snagging at the seaterra apartment we get key next week.But wont manage to get out until end of march.We will do our own snagging at chelsey.Im glad to hear you had no major snagging issues.When I compare our 2 apartments I feel chelsey village is the better site when it comes to build and attention to detail and especially the choices of finishes.We didnt have that option at the bay.Heather I hope you dont mind me asking?did you pay your electric/water charges?if so what exactly are we paying for if we have no connection to the apartments.I e/mailed Ola but so far no reply to my question.

Jackie

heathermck

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

I paid £1000 for water and electricity connection. I paid it with my final instalment. I then signed power of attorney(stating it was only for water and electricity) to Dill the maintenance manager and he will get it connected. He is very nice and very helpful. I know Ola is very busy lately so I have been emailing Aigerim if I need to ask anything and she always replies within 48hrs. I think they only realised the generator couldn't take anymore round about the time I was due to be connected. Apparently You either have to go yourself to the electricity board(or equivilent)kib-tek(which they say can take longer)or yigor can do it for you if you give power of attorney to Dill.

Heather

jmg171

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 93 in Discussion

Hi heather,

Thanks for the reply but you didnt mention if there is an extra charge from Kib-tek for the meter connection?or is that included in the £1000 you give to the maintenance company.Did you buy any of the furniture packages from yigor?if so...what are they like.I tried the web site for their furniture packages but its not opening?

Sorry for all the questions I'm a right chatter box when I get going.

jackie

heathermck

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

All included in the £1000. Which is a bit better than I expected, they quoted about £1250 when I was first thinking of buying. I took a furniture package and I am very pleased with it all. The furniture I got was through yigor and came from WWW.olgungroup.com they have showrooms in Girne and Lefkosa. You can see some of the furniture packages on their website.

Heather

heathermck

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 93 in Discussion

Hi again Jackie,

Forgot to say I also got some curtains from yigor which were not a bad price. If you email Aigerim she is very good at sending info and pictures.

Heather

jmg171

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 93 in Discussion

Heather thank you so much for your info,Yeah ! I like Olguns I bought my furniture from them for my other apartment.I have a bag packed already with Bedding and bits I found the bedding offer on the other site a bit expensive.

I will order my furniture direct for chelsey when we are over,I found the % seaterra put on their furniture packages a bit over the top.I was going to order direct from olguns but nearly everthing I liked was exclusive to seaterra which I found very annoying!!.Homestyle are quiet reasonable for their duvet,pillows and protectors I read somewhere they were quiet expensive in trnc I dont think £30 for a summer/winter duvet is over the top(kingsize).

Heather what do you think of the maintenance charges?I dont mind £40 a month but I feel we should all pay the same afterall....we are all using the same services.I was under the impression everyone paid the same amount.

I am pleased their is no extra costs with electric I feel at the moment money is just running through my fingers especially when 2 apartments are ready the same time.

Jackie

heathermck

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

I agree with you we are all using the same services and it would seem fairer to pay the same. I took bedding, tv and other bits with me. While I was there Dill arranged a taxi for me(at a really good price) to go over to ikea where I got light shades,lamps,vases etc unfortunately it was january sale time and they had no continental quilts left. I got quilts in a little shop along the road from pia bella hotel 2 single 1 double for 155 turkish lira. Really good quality. And the cheapest I found. Which apartment are you going to be using? I have started another bag for my next trip. One is enough to furnish never mind two.

Heather

jmg171

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 93 in Discussion

We are not sure yet heather which apartment we will be using.Did you have any problems at the border with your shopping?How did you manage to take over a tv he!he!We live up in scotland so its a nightmare!we have to use 2 airlines one with20kg and the other25kg I am on and off the bathroom scales to see what else I can get in my bag.I have used the jml vacum bags which are brill.I hope I am not checked a custums as I have no chance geting everthing back in the bag he! he!Do you intend to rent your apartment?I think it will be awhile before the rentals take off.

heathermck

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

I live in scotland too so have the same problem with the baggage. I had a 15in tv in my hand luggage and the rest in my suitcase. I was over at glasgow for the easyjet flight and it cost me £60 but turkish airlines just laughed and charged me nothing.I think it was £60 well spent though.I think I'll keep my apartment to myself at the moment. I had no problems at the border the taxi driver did everything.

Heather

jmg171

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 93 in Discussion

How much were you over heather?and where in scotland are you?

We are in aberdeen and we fly easy jet glasgow stansted.

I think the border customs target hire cars more than taxis i might do a taxi trip when we are over even though we have a hire car,I wouldnt like to take the chance.

heathermck

Message Posted:
02/02/2008 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 93 in Discussion

I was 10kgs over and had 10kgs in my hand lugagge so a grand total of 40kgs. Charged for 10 at £6 a kg. I live in Monkton Ayrshire. I usually go Prestwick to stansted on ryanair but they only allow 15kg in the hold bag so last time I flew

out of glasgow and back to prestwick. Your journey must be pretty long!

Heather

jmg171

Message Posted:
03/02/2008 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 93 in Discussion

Heather i didnt realise they weigh your hand luggage.? Yeah ! the journey is long.Drive to glasgow night before cos of early check in.I dont mind the travel its all the extra costs to get there.

heathermck

Message Posted:
03/02/2008 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 93 in Discussion

No they don't check your hand luggage, the check in guy for turkish airlines weighed mine for me I think just for a laugh cos I had the telly in it. I got a great price flight from pegasus for march £142, but as you say you have to add from here on. Sometimes ryanair do good deals to stansted.

jmg171

Message Posted:
03/02/2008 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 93 in Discussion

Heather,

I noticed on the chelsey site map,your apartment is in front of ours.

Good price you got from pegasus we were £170,I have asked the question before on another forum if you get meals on the pegasus flight some say yeah! and some say no!.Have you flown with them before heather?if so did you get a meal.Do you know what the hand luggage allowance is with pegasus I couldnt find it on the site.Heather you must think I am a right motor mouth with all the questions!!!!

heathermck

Message Posted:
03/02/2008 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 93 in Discussion

Not at all, my family would say that would be me!!!! I haven't flown with pegasus yet, this will be the first. You don't get a meal they have an in flight cafe!!!! Not sure about pegasus hand luggage but thy airlines were 8kgs. Thats the annoying thing about having to change flights all the different allowances. Especially ryanairs 15kg!!!!

Arty65

Message Posted:
16/02/2008 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Guys,

I am the one that started this string and it looks to have taken off without me… J

Apologies to everyone. I travel a lot and have been unable to access the site for a while. It’s interesting to hear that two of you are from Scotland. Me too. I live on the outskirts of Glasgow on the East side.

My wife, Ann and I have bought the penthouse apartment at L20. No.6 on the left of the block as you come up the hill. If you know where the small white block is, we are directly behind it. We will be looking onto the large pool in the middle of the village. We visited in early December to carryout the snagging. The site has come on great and they were about to start laying the tarmac for the road at the top end of the village.

Flights are booked to go out for a week in April to set up the bedding etc. By that time the electricity, water, shower screens and furniture should all be in place, which will allow us to stay in our own apartment. Yipee….. We are planning to take bedding stuff over with us and head in to Girne for most of the other things. I have loads of pictures that I would be happy to send anyone. I’ve taken that many since my first visit that I will probably have your apartment or foundations in one of them…

Again, apologies for the lack of response…

Regards

Arty

jmg171

Message Posted:
16/02/2008 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 93 in Discussion

hello arty,

Welcome back from your long trip !!

Its good to hear from fellow buyers,as you would have seen from above ,we are out there in a couple of weeks and cant wait.Heather has been very helpful and kept me right with a few things .We hope to do our snagging when were out and from heather's response to my questions everything seems to be goin well.I would love some pictures arty if you wouldn't mind sharing?I took my e-mail address off the forum due to lots of e-mails from the virgin islands!!!!

If its ok I could e-mail you?

best wishes jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

That would be no problem. I will take a look through my pictures and see if I have any of your block.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Arty

Susan

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 93 in Discussion

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. My husband and I have bought at chelsey village block 14 no 3. Everything seems to have gone well so far, we are waiting for a completion date, it should be between May-July. We are going out at the end of April to check progress. Has anyone got any recent photos of the site?

simbas

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 93 in Discussion

hi susan , welcome to the forum , glad to hear that your build is progressing well . it won't be long now before you get your keys , i bet you are really looking forward to it , there will be a few of us that will be there around that date . it would be nice to meet up

kind regards simbas

jmg171

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 93 in Discussion

Hi arty,

I will sent u my e-mail address. Looking forward to the pictures.

jmg171

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 93 in Discussion

Hello susan,

welcome

Arty65

Message Posted:
18/02/2008

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Susan,

Welcome to Chelsey Village. I was out there in December and have pictures of your block. I can email them to you if you like. We are heading out on 11th April for a week. I can take more pictures then and send them to you.

Regards

Arty

vicki

Message Posted:
18/02/2008 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 93 in Discussion

Hi to every one, me and my husband have block L12 apt 1.

jmg171

Message Posted:
18/02/2008 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 93 in Discussion

Hello vicki,

Welcome as you can see from previous posts we are all pretty close to eachother. Hope all is going well with you guys ?

jackie L9 - 6

jmg171

Message Posted:
18/02/2008 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 93 in Discussion

Arty. I forgot to ask . The roof terraces....how are they divided up ?

I remember asking the question on site !! but now forget!!! (must be an age thing :( ) I cant really see on the site photo's .

Regards

Jackie

Susan

Message Posted:
18/02/2008 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 93 in Discussion

Thanks Arty and Simbas for your welcome messages. I would love any pics you have, we are going for a week 30th April and again for 2 weeks 14th July, it would be great to meet up with others in the same situation. Anyone going to be there during those dates?

Arty65

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Vicki,

Welcome to the site. When do you expect to take your keys? Have you visited the site recently?

Jackie, there is no divide on the roofs. Open from one end to the other. I mentioned this to Aigerim but she said thats the way it was to be...

Did you like the pics?

Arty

Arty65

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Susan,

Not planning to be on site on your dates unfortunately. As posted previously, we are heading out on 11th. Probably go back around Sept time. Are you planning to rent out? We can't make our minds up.. Hopefully when we go out in April we will get a feel for things and decide from there.

I will send you some pics later this week as I am currently travelling and don't have access to them.

Arty

heathermck

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

I am just along from you in block 17. I was there in january to get my keys. I had a lovely pergola built on my roof terrace to divide it and make it more private, but unfortunately it had to come back down as nobody realised until after it was built that it would be against the planning regulations. Oh well I have some nice photos of it and can build it again after the site is complete.

Arty65

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Heather, the pergola sounds a great idea. I really think the roofs would be better if they were divided up. I'll wait and see how yours looks when its up eh...

I'm looking forward to the pool going in. I think it's going to look great. What do you think of the views from your balcony then? Great or what. My wife and I just loved it.

Have you managed to stay in your apartment yet? We are looking forward to it. My youngest son (14) and daughter (19) are coming over with us in April. Anything for a free holiday. They will be hanging about while Ann and I do all the organising. Can you recommend anywhere for curtains?

Arty

heathermck

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 01:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

I am glad I took some photos to remind me what it will look like!!! It really did make the roof area much more private.I got my curtains through Aigerim at not a bad price and they put up the poles and hung them for me. The views are fantastic aren't they. No I haven't stayed in the apartment yet(no water or electricity) I am going back on the 13th of march(can't wait) so hopefully I can stay in it then. The views from the restaraunt are hard to beat aswell don't you think?

Heather

vicki

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arty , Jackie,

We have not be out since October the 10th,We will be going out near completion in May or June.please if there is any one with photo`s can you email.

Vicki.

jmg171

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 93 in Discussion

Hi folks,

I cant believe the roof terrace is not divided .Why cant they put a wall up?? Our other apartment on another development has a dividing wall!! I am sure they told me the roof terrace would be divided!!They seem to have changed another thing with the Penthouse apartments...The wall at the end of the Patio at the side of the stairs where did that go??they never mentioned to me these changes .I do agree its not really needed as it would block some of your view but if they decided not to put up the wall then they should have told their clients. Arty did you get my e-mail thanking you for the pictures ? When we are over in march i will take lots of pictures and e-mail to all you guys.

I will have to investigate more on the roof terrave issue,I am so annoyed now !!

phoenix

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 93 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

We to are not happy about not having dividing walls on terrace, but looking closely at yigor plans i can't see any.Im sure we will all get on well but it just makes life easier.We are still not sure when we are going out so we would

appreciate any photos to keep us deaming.We are Apt 7 Block 9

Ken&Sue

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie

Just one point you made earlier about hire cars. Unfortunately at the moment you still aren't allowed to take a hire car from North to South, so a taxi or a friend with a registered car would be the only option (apart from walking that is).

Karen

jmg171

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 93 in Discussion

Karen,

I have no idea what you mean !!! I dont recall the posting

jackie

jmg171

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Ken &Sue,

Its your neighbour here

I have e-mailed Ola about the roof terrace boundary and will let you know whats said. I am not happy Ken!!

jackie

jmg171

Message Posted:
19/02/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 93 in Discussion

oops !!! Karen,

Yes , I see what you mean .

I know about the hire car and the south.

Thank you

jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
20/02/2008 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Folks,

Sounds like the roof terrace is going to be an issue! I was really surprised that there was no divide. Every other development I've looked at has a dividing wall which allows for a degree of privacy, but not Chelsey V.

Jackie, I didn’t get your email that’s why I asked the question through the forum. The pictures are very large in size and when I tried to send them it took ages so I canceled it and reduced the file size. I just wanted to check that you got them.

Heather thanks for the curtain info. I will speak to Aigerim.

Vicki, Ken & Sue,

I will send you some pictures if I get time this week. If not, then def at the weekend.

Arty

jmg171

Message Posted:
21/02/2008 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 93 in Discussion

No reply yet from the 3 e-mails sent !!

My issue is.... when you purchase so many m2 of roof terrace you expect some form of boundary.

jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
22/02/2008 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

you are making a very valid point here. I actually never thought of it like that. Let me know how you get on and I will raise the issue as well. Who did you email? Would it be an idea to do this through your lawyer as they are your legal representitive?

jmg171

Message Posted:
22/02/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 93 in Discussion

Hi folks ,

E-mail today !!! will look into it and get back to me on Monday.

I am going to dig my heels in on this one.

jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
27/02/2008 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

Just to let you know, I sent an email to Aigerim raising the same point. I'll let you know how I get on. I think if everyone raises this then YPD will need to do something about it...

Arty

jmg171

Message Posted:
27/02/2008 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 93 in Discussion

Arty,

Got reply yesterday from Yigor Properties.

I have sent you an e-mail

jackie

phoenix

Message Posted:
28/02/2008 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arty & Jackie

Arty you said you would try to send some photos, and Jackie, Yigors reply to roof terrace e-mail,and as you both seem on the ball i wonderd if there is a problem with my e -mail

thanks in anticipation

Ken

jmg171

Message Posted:
29/02/2008 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Ken,

I was sure I e-maied you also.??

I will do again

jackie

jmg171

Message Posted:
29/02/2008 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 93 in Discussion

Ken & Arty,

Did you get my e-mail ??

jackie

phoenix

Message Posted:
29/02/2008 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie

Yes got your e-mail thanks.Railings will be better than nothing,you can pass me drinks with out rising from your sunlounger.1 bed room apartment owner so you can probably guess my thoughts on maintenance charge

Ken

jmg171

Message Posted:
29/02/2008 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 93 in Discussion

LoL.. yeah right!!!!

There was me all happy with my boundary !!!! and now it maintenance!!!!

I think its unfair ken....I dont have a problem paying for the service, and it comes in less than what we had expected ( according to contract ) but feel we should all pay the same.

What's your feeling ?

jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
11/03/2008 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

Got your email thanks. Having problems responding. I move about the country too much for email to work properly. Need to start using the web based portal..

Great news about the roof divide. Received an email from Aigerim telling me the same as you did so I'm a happy chappy for the time being. What's the script with the charges? I've yet to discuss this with YPD. Got a price for curtains, poles and kitchen blind through YPD. Seems a little expensive to me. Any idea's where else I can look?

Ken, no email received I'm afraid!! Sorry about the pictures. Try and email me again and see if you get through. Post a reply and let me know when you've done it and I will check.

Have any of you guys hired a car through Dill the maint manager before? I've enquired to see what he can do. What about transfers from the airport to CV? Are YPD putting on any sort of service?

Catch up with you soon

Arty

jmg171

Message Posted:
11/03/2008 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 93 in Discussion

Hi arty,

Good to know you got my e-mail . I have noticed on the web site the Management company have listed their fees for maintenance at Chelsey village.

It seems we all pay a different fee!!!!even though we all have the same share of the site???

I will discuss this with Ola when I'm over next week.

Hire car - We have not used Dill before Arty so I cant give you info there.

I would think they would pick you up if you hired from them ?

What sort of price did Aegrim quote for curtiains.?? I would try the Curtain shop they come out and measure up and give you a quote.I will pass on all info when I return on the 2/04 if that helps

jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Jackie,

I'll take a look at the maint costs.

£700 for blackout curtains and voile including poles for all front and side windows and a roller type blind for the kitchen, fitted.

What do you think?

Arty

jmg171

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 93 in Discussion

To be honest Arty thats not bad.

We were £600 for ours at the other apartment.

Voile lined (not blackout) 2 roman lined bedrooms, 2 roman for kitchen.

I have heard you can do it yourself alot cheaper.

To be honest arty..its finding the time when there is so much to do.

Its seems from pictures i got yesterday from ola, wrong tiles in kitchen!! I dont ever remember going for PINK !!! and the wrong finish on the wardrobe doors !! I have a copy of the selections I made at the time.

They will get back to me today to discuss??

jackie

jokers2theright

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 93 in Discussion

Arapkoy Residents.....

Dont forget to visit your new village Bar-Restaurant then ..... KLEPİNİ !

Arty65

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 93 in Discussion

That's Great jackie, many thanks. I think I will just go for it. Pink tiles in the kitchen does seem a different choice...;-) Hopefully Ola will sort it out for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Arty

Arty65

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 93 in Discussion

Ken, I will send you some pics at the weekend when I return home.

Cheers

Arty

jmg171

Message Posted:
13/03/2008 01:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 93 in Discussion

Arty,

tiles sorted!!! trick of the light??? it seems.

No muck up on tiles, but will change wardrobe doors ( their mix up )

Aigreim actually suggested I could still change the tiles if I didnt like them?

what a great service!!! not many developers would do that.

What is this I see..... VILLAGE BAR !!!! Sorry arty got to go I need more info on this. he ! he !:0)

Jackie

jmg171

Message Posted:
13/03/2008 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 93 in Discussion

Now then!

Mr stuck in the middle..... tell me more about this bar?

Is it walkin distance from my apartment ?

Is the food good?

How much is a pint of guiness ? he!he!

More info please

jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
13/03/2008 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 93 in Discussion

Jackie,

Ola mentioned this place to me. It's a new bar in the village of Arapkoy.... Passed by it in the car but didn't get the chance to drop in. Will check it out in April when I visit.

I agree with you, YPD are an excellent developer to deal with. When I hear some of the horror stories it make me happy that I choose them!!

All the best

Arty

chickatina

Message Posted:
15/03/2008 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

We are coming out on 23 Mar 2008 and are apartment is L20 Apartment 6 with roof terrace, thought I saw a post to say you had that apartment??

jokers2theright

Message Posted:
15/03/2008 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 93 in Discussion

Hello Chelsea Village

For those that havent viewed the Forum Topic Chelsea Village Community, please have a nose.

jmg171

Message Posted:
15/03/2008 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 93 in Discussion

Arty !

How many apartments have you bought at chelsey village Ha! Ha!

jmg

jmg171

Message Posted:
15/03/2008 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 93 in Discussion

Anne,

We are flying glasgow-stansted-ercan.

We need to stay in glasgow overnight for early flight with easy jet.

At least this way we dont need to hang about at istanbul for connecting flight.

I prefer to fly in to ercan (less hastle)

Arty65

Message Posted:
31/03/2008 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 93 in Discussion

Chickatina,

You're correct, I do own L20 apartment 6! Are you renting the apartment?

If you are then this could get interesting.... If so, contact me off line please.

Has anyone been asked to pay 120 YTL per month for electricity, whether they are in the apartment or not, until the meters are connected? I've gone back to YPD to complain about this as I've already paid £1000 for the connection of water and electricity. How can they expect us to pay £50/month when we won't even be there?

Glengoyne

Message Posted:
31/03/2008 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

Yes we have been asked to pay the 120 YTL per month. I queried and asked if we could pay only for the months we were using but that was a no no. I have since asked if YPD would, as a gesture of goodwill, be prepared to pay a percentage of the fee for the first few months but have, as yet, not received a reply. Looks like we'll just have to pay it. We're over in May and don't want to be left with no electricity when we arrive. They have sent us a breakdown of the fees which seem reasonable if you are using the apartment for the full month. Let's hope the meters are available soon.

Anne

Arty65

Message Posted:
01/04/2008 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Anne,

I think it rubbish to expect someone to pay a monthly fee when they are only coming out for one week! It feels like gun to the head stuff. I have gone back to YPD again today to chase a response. Watch this space....

Arty

Steveo

Message Posted:
08/04/2008 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 93 in Discussion

They had a meeting between the Shareholders and some residents / owners on Sunday afternoon about the electric / water saga. We will be informed of the resultys by email this week.

Klepini Restaurant in the village is excellent. Set menu on Sat nights with music.

Watched Chelsea lose last Weds night. Bummer!

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 93 in Discussion

WE WERE THINKING OF PUTTING A DEPOSIT DOWN TOMORROW , THIS WATER AND ELECTRICITY CHARGE IS PUTTING ME OFF

trevor

Message Posted:
24/05/2008 10:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 93 in Discussion

How do evertbody, my good wife and myslf have just purchased apartment K5 188 and are very impressed, we are currently in the process of buying furniture etc. Arty, we have purchase blinds at a cost of £718 fitted from a shop called Stylewise, dealt with a lady called Debra on stylewiseth@yahoo.com and she was very helpful, they also sell curtains, bedding, furniture etc. We was out at the beginning of the month, told the Kings Road should be completed end of June, tar-mac and pathed, pool and bar should now be open. Some of you are very lucky, just had to pay £1500.00 for water and electric to building, told should be on in about 6 weeks. Didn,t get time to take many pictures as we were only on a viewing trip but have a few of the pool area if anyone,s interested. Is anyone out first 2 weeks in October, we are out then, would be good to meet up with a few and hopefully a game of golf, if not and there,s anything i can do or help you with please ask.

tangolima93

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Arthur,

This is tony logan,I have tried unluckily to register on your forum It stil states contact M Drewett on the application page and cannot get any further,Love to join and have some correspondence with you ok,Cheers Tony

PS it says problem on web site when you try to go any further ok.

Turbo

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 07:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 93 in Discussion

To Trevor,,, saw the price you paid for blinds! wow, is that like the going price in TRNC?

Were they made to measure solid oak blinds for a mansion with 15 -20 windows?

I guess taxes and shipping and every other little odds and ends make it acceptable.

Out of curiosity , how much is a wrought iron glass topped coffee table approx?

Not being sarcastic here, just shocked.

rowlo

Message Posted:
25/10/2008 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 93 in Discussion

hi trevor weve just paid 1600 for connections

trevor

Message Posted:
25/10/2008 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 93 in Discussion

Sorry Rowlo, just picked your thread up, was over there when it was on the forum. It seems the prices have gone up again. When you go over to snag yours, if you have any children please check how your actual appliances are powered up. Unlike over here they do not plug there appliances into sockets, they cut the plugs of and use a connetor strip and just do a joint and wrap tape round. Not very safe, pointed this out during my snagging and was told this is the norm?. Will be doing my own next time i,m over, dont know if this is the standard on all builds, maybe someone from another build could answer that

rowlo

Message Posted:
31/10/2008 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 93 in Discussion

hi trevor dealt with ken he told us they would just cut the two pin plugs off and replace with three pin will check it out thanks for info

sassycypgirl

Message Posted:
28/11/2008 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 93 in Discussion

Hi

For anyone that is interested on Chelsey Village

We are forming a residents association for Arapkoy.

A meeting is taking place at the Klepini restaurant in Arapkoy on Monday

the 1st December at 5.00pm.

I realise that a lot of purchasers are just holiday makers but if you are interested in joining please let me know.

This is the brain child of Tamer a Turkish Cypriot member of the village

who has vision for the village.

Regards

Sassy

MICK THE FISH

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 07:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 93 in Discussion

I find your posting strange Sue, do you live there ?

who is Tamer ?

The time and venue are incorrect

MICK THE FISH

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 93 in Discussion

Perhaps I misunderstood and this is a Residents Association

for the Village of Arapkoy ?

MICK THE FISH

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 93 in Discussion

Sorry about that Sassy, As we (Chelsey Village) are having a meeting one the

same day - I misunderstood the posting.

sassycypgirl

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 93 in Discussion

Hi Mick

I live the other end of Arapkoy.

Tamer is a Turkish Cypriot who has lived in Arapkoy since the 1970's He has worked overseas and speaks very good English. His house is towards the end of the village at the bottom end.

His idea is for the residents of Arapkoy both Ex pats and locals to work together to make the village a better place to live. He wants to tackle things like rubbish etc. He has some very good ideas. It is also an opportunity for

us all to get together and meet new friends.

I appreciate that you have maintenance contracts etc up at Chelsey Village

but you are still part of the local community.

If you and any of your neighbours are interested please come along and

listen to what he has to say.

Unfortunately I have not met anyone who lives or has bought on Chelsey village

and took this opportunity to make contact with someone.

Hope you do not mind.

Regards

Sassy

halli171

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 93 in Discussion

Hi. We are near completetion of purchase in L 17 at chelsey. We are coming out in Feb half term to 'snag' and furnish. Any ideas of a suitable 'Ikea-style' shop to buy everything from?

Anything else we should know?

Thanks

rowlo

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 93 in Discussion

hi chris welcome to the board we also live in chelsey village we fully furnished ourplace from ashop called olguns in catalkoy 10 mins away guys name is akin speaks perfect english top stuff heres his web address akin@olgungroup.com we just furnished in december and they had a discount on worth asking if its still on

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.