North Cyprus Tourist Board - Builder Green hill villas tatlisu
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Builder Green hill villas tatlisu

Builder Green hill villas tatlisu

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

raybo

Message Posted:
05/04/2009 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 45 in Discussion

I would like to inform people of my builder and his villas,i bought a 3bed villa in june 2007 on the above site our contract was 18month build we are now taking possesion in june,the villa is magnificent, all we have wanted he has done nothing is to much trouble, he has kept us informed all the time, we hear alot about the problem builders but not much about the good ones, our builder is bekir yildan, of omak yapi ltd, anyone interested in buying a villa in the tatlisu area this is a must site for you to visit, remax estate agent are dealing with them, if you want any info you can email me jnewby@jnewby.karoo.co.uk, once again thank you bekir for making our dream come true.

raybo.

dodger

Message Posted:
05/04/2009 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 45 in Discussion

Good post Ray,

Nice to hear a positive one about builders.Why not let people know the good news,god knows we hear enough bad on here.We too are very happy with Carringtons and our apartment will be completed six months in advance so well done to Bryn and all the team.Enjoy your villa Ray,

Paul.

Pipie

Message Posted:
05/04/2009 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 45 in Discussion

positive posts raybo dodger !!!! Is there any more out there ?

COOKIES

Message Posted:
05/04/2009 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 45 in Discussion

Raybo, agree 100% with all your comments. Although our villa on the site is not quite at completion stage it is way ahead of schedule. Bekir is an excellent and very considerate builder (as well being a nice person), and the villas are simply stunning. Must also mention Eileen of Remax Gold estate agents and Mustafa Soker of H&A Law firm who have both provided us with excellent service throughout.

halffull

Message Posted:
06/04/2009 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 45 in Discussion

It's great to hear positive remarks about builders and I agree with dodger we should make more of the good and not just publish the bad. We (Brits) all elected to come to Northern Cyprus, worts and all for our benefit, and should promote the good as well as accepting the shortfalls we should have investigated prior to making the commitment.

halffull

Message Posted:
06/04/2009 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 45 in Discussion

We are purchasing an apartment in Catakoy being build by Fenzi Yilmaz and co. We have recieved regular updates and pictures from the company and all seems to be going well and we are asured we will be able to collect the keys at the end of May.

We actually went though your favorite Estate Agent Unwins and I must also say we have had nothing but help and assistance from them all the way and we have recieved regular updates and photos from them also.

dodger

Message Posted:
06/04/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 45 in Discussion

Paul,

Well said posts 5 and 6.We have had all our questions answered from Carringtons and have always been kept in the loop with monthly updates.Hope you enjoy your property,

Paul.

alcozaso

Message Posted:
26/04/2009 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 45 in Discussion

anyone got info on green hills is it pre 74 title or exchange land and can you buy direct from the builder thanks

Tootie

Message Posted:
26/04/2009 02:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 45 in Discussion

I purchased through RE/MAX and must say top service!

I also use the H&L solicitor who RE/MAX recommended (Mustafa, studdied law in chemlsford and worked in london 3yrs, perfect english and allways called me if any urgent issues. He even made me two contracts, one for the villa and another for my pool so i would pay stamp duty on the villa but minus £20,000 for the pool because its exempt from duty).

Aylin who works for RE/MAX is lovely, After all i paid and everythig sorted back in december and she still emails me asking if there is anythig she can do, offers for help in residency, Water, electric etc etc. Also offers to pick me up from ercan and sent christmas greetings. Would you get that in UK?

The developer, Cengiz has now become a close friend, We keep in touch every day via msn and is allways just a phone call away.

In all i dont think you can go wrong with RE/MAX.

Tootie

raybo

Message Posted:
26/04/2009 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 45 in Discussion

alcozaso,

there is a villa on site which the builder is going to sell in a finished condition becaused someone pulled out of the deal he may be willing to sell this direct you will have to contact him, if you need any info just ask, good luck,

ray.

alcozaso

Message Posted:
26/04/2009 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 45 in Discussion

what is the land title on this site

andysue

Message Posted:
26/04/2009 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 45 in Discussion

great post , this site is on the other side of the new road from our site sweetwaterbay, we will have a nosey next time we are out

andy

rocky

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 45 in Discussion

visited the site June 1 lovely location the site is taped off and most villas have sqautters who are pooing all over the place. THey have become pigeon lofts but if anyone wants to sell one cheaply I may be interested.

rufus

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 45 in Discussion

If it's the Villa development I'm thinking of ...... 9 Villas or so .... 1st right turn after the Tatlisu fork in the road where you turn left ..... There has been an injunction order put on them as the builder has ran out of money, all finished up to Electric & Water connection and now just left standing ??

Bradus

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 45 in Discussion

So is this a case of singing the builders praises before completion or is it another development and not Green Hills that has run into trouble?

Do you not agree that in the light of what is happening with mortgages and memorandums being taken out on properties, you should not promote your builder until you have your Title Deeds? You may well have a superb development and excellent build quality but if you do not have title deeds then you don't actually own this fantastic development. If you don't own it because the builder will not handover title deeds then you run the risk of him taking out a memorandum whenever he needs money. If the builder then does not pay the memorandum, you risk losing your houses and all the money you have spent.

Please, please, please only recommend builders when they have handed over the title deeds and you have lived in the property.

Note this was first posted 4/4/09 so it just shows how quickly things can change.

Ste65

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 45 in Discussion

Well said Bradus.

These building companies will build you a nice looking property and seem very efficient at times.

The trouble is with the vast majority of them is that they have little or no money and have always relied on customers stage payments to finance the building projects.

Plus you have nothing really until you get your title deeds. It seems even after customers have paid for

their properties in full these builders are subsequently taking out mortgages on the developements.

I would never recommend any builder over there as most of them operate the same way.

It's probably been something they have been getting away with for several years during the boom times but now the property markets are very slow they don't have the new cash coming in to pay off these mortgages as they are gong along.

So the builders are not totally to blame. I blame the banks and legal profession mainly for turning a blind eye to this practice.

Ste65

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 45 in Discussion

Continued

But the most dispicable practice is the banks trying to get their money off the innocent people who have bought the properties in good faith if the builder doesn't repay his mortgage. They claim to be skint and can't pay but they all live in beautiful properties (no mortgages on their land by the way) and they spend loads and loads of money on flash cars and eat at the best restaurants virtually every night of the week.

My advice is do not recommend any builder no matter how nice and helpful they seem.

Most of them are just total bullshitters.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 45 in Discussion

Do also bear in mind that most of these builders (though not all) do not own the land they are building on. The common practice here is for a landowner to agree to transfer title to his land to a builder in exchange for x number of villas. You need to be sure who owns the land (insist on seeing the Kocan) and then ensure there is a contract between the builder and landowner. Very often it is the landowners who take out injunctions on the land when the deal goes sour. My advice would be to take out your own charge for the value of the property when you sign your contract. It will cost you 0.5% of the value in Stamp Duty plus whatever your Advocate charges but really a small price to pay for peace of mind. It goes without saying that you will already have done searches to ensure the land is unencumbered before signing your contract!

Bradus

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 45 in Discussion

What is actually being said, when reading between the lines, is that it is just not safe to buy here. Whilst research may well reduce the risk, at the end of the day you are simply at the mercy of the developer and you just have to hope that he is honest and trustworthy. If he isn't then there is very little you can do.

The question that is never answered is, what is being done about this? One would have thought that the bad publicity,financial loss to the construction industry, local shops, restaurants and loss in taxes would make the government sit up and listen. Yet all we have had is a totally useless complaints office and the introduction of the estate agents law and the registering of property contracts which have completely failed to safeguard the buyer.

Recently the HBPG was asking for Brits to unite with the builders who were demanding a change in law, as their property sales were plummeting. Will many builders be at this auction to return the support? Are they aware

Bradus

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 45 in Discussion

that this is going to have a massive impact on their livelihoods?

The TRNC is fast getting a reputation as a thieves paradise. The construction industry is being destroyed and with it, it is taking profit from many other sources. As time ticks on I fear it will be a case of too little too late.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 45 in Discussion

raybo, do you have your kochan? or title deeds? think any one promoting the builders do need to be very careful as it is becoming increasingly more that the build is ok , its who actually owns the land/plot that is the issue.......

rocky

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 45 in Discussion

if a bank has foreclosed which one is it any one know

rocky

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 45 in Discussion

so who knows what happens now? I think that Unwins still have these villas on their website are they being relaunched?? and if not why are they adertising them?

gillken

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 45 in Discussion

I believe the builder had come up with a solution to resolve the site. Yes he has run out of money and he has been upfront about it. Ok it took him a little while to be upfront.

The two main advocates have never agreed on how to move forward. The ONLY thing they agree on is it will always cost each owner 2000stg payable in advance. For what....to work on a forward solution....no because all they seem interested in is getting more money from the buyers.

The developer has even pointed this out, but then again you should always trust your advocate shouldn't you!!!So developer has thrown a hissy fit and said no one is allowed to go to the site.

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 45 in Discussion

If the purchasers have already paid a substantial amount of money would not the best solution be to simply ask for the title deeds to be exchanged NOW and then they can pay whoever they trust to complete the work?

This would prevent the risk of paying more out whilst still not owning the property.

Pipie

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 45 in Discussion

What would be the worst that could happen if these owners just walked on the site and finished off the villas them selves ?

Bradus

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 45 in Discussion

Pipie,

Without their title deeds they could finish of the houses and the builder could say thank you very much and then sell them.Have you not been keeping abreast of the auction thread and the risk all buyers in the TRNC are facing if they have not got their deeds?

They would be pouring good money after bad.

gillken

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 01:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 45 in Discussion

totally agree...but you need the contractor to complete on the water electric and road. He did actually negotiate with his contractor that he would give him a plot of land towards his payment....he negotiated with his other contractors to pay after works carried out and he had recieved his stage payments.

He also promised to give everyone their title deeds prior to the work commencing as a good will gesture.

But one advocate has decided that that is not good enough.....large injunctions on land and wants to go to court.....why ££££££££££££?

gates

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 45 in Discussion

if it is the green hill villas i have been approached buy various owners or near the builder went bust and was asking for rediculuse sums to finish last time i was that way 1/2 months ago i went to have a look and were no further forward lots probs one house built wrong way round pool half in the next door garden funny old world beware

girne 29

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 45 in Discussion

Raybo

Any update on your original post?

dizzycows

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 45 in Discussion

Raybo, have you got caught up in this builders fiasco, of building then receiving no kochan? .....

Any update would be good....

gates

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 45 in Discussion

i have emailed one of the people that have been traped and hopfly they will come back and enlighten us all intresting ?

johndp

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 45 in Discussion

Another incident of singing praises too soon, it woud be better if you didnt praise before you have got everything you were promiced raybo, maybe others might have rushed out and bought on you say so and dodger i now now that some are not too happy with the one you recomended yourself

rocky

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 45 in Discussion

both cookies and raybo appear to be silent yet they sung the praises of the developer. Is this developer a crook?

Bradus

Message Posted:
07/06/2010 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 45 in Discussion

Lots and lots of posters have sung the praises of their builders, advocates and estate agents. Mainly people mistaking hospitality for honesty.

I have long asked that people do not recommend until they have their title deeds and have actually taken possession.This request has been based on past experience, I could point to at least 6 threads which have also started out with praise only for everything to turn very sour a few years later.

Perhaps we can all work together to see that this does not happen in the future? Not just because developers who certainly do not deserve the praise get recommendations and even more innocents are fooled but also in view of the many builders who might do a superb build but have no intentio0n of handing over those title deeds.

gates

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 07:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 45 in Discussion

can sombody please tell us who the agent is as i have been in touch with one of the people involved paid nearly all there money and the builder has not comppleted and wants loads more money dont touch them but they are asking to find who is involved with this please inform if you know

gillken

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 45 in Discussion

It serves no purpose to know who the agent are, they have done their best to resolve this! The fault lies with the advocates....Obviously people want scandal, and blame the developer.

Gates do not believe all you are told!!

Raybo was correct at the time of the post, so stop trying to attack him!

The developer was put in this situation due to trying too be to helpful with one of the buyers.

One of the Villa owners asked if they could have a different stage payment plan.....basically small stage payments, the balance at completion, the developer bent over backwards to accommodate. They pulled out just before completion leaving the developer £50k out of pocket.

And that is were the deck of cards started to fall.

gates

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 45 in Discussion

i am not attacking anybody but i know that they made an offer to buy the land but could not be decided as the builder does not own the land he promised to build the owner 2 villas that he did not do so most people are well over the stage payments to were they are i am not trying to cause problems i just giving imformation that i know i have contacted the people in question and have aasked them to come on board to air there plight no body is attacking anybody i just did not want anymore people hurt

gillken

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 45 in Discussion

People can gloss around there own situation, but the hard facts are.

A buyer didn't want to admit that they had become shaky when it came to selling their home so they tried to wriggle out of it by saying it was the developers fault...how ? He had done his part and built the Villa!!

Raybo has had key hand over, and was extremely happy....the water and electric was on the way. But then the developer was 50k down and couldn't pay...and that is the start of the problem.

Gates was sent by a couple whom rather than resolve the problem caused even more. They gave false reports to other owners, and as for the pool being in the wrong place...no parcelization as yet!

Then advocates more interested in putting money in their own pockets than trying to resolve anything.

OK the developer was out of order by not being upfront about his financial situation which caused a lot of people feeling totally let down. But with everyone pulling together in the same direction it could be resolved.

gillken

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 45 in Discussion

Gates

You have been misinformed.

No one is accusing you of attacking anyone....just informing you of the true facts.

They backed out of buying a plot as they decided to purchase an apartment instead

Please be careful with what you say, there are 6 Villa owners whom are trying to sort this mess out.

The developer built and delivered 2 Villas for the Landowners. He has therefore honoured his contractual obligations.....he is now entitled to do as he wishes with the remainder of the land.....he decided to offer plots as a way of raising finances to complete.....not go to the bank.

Some have actually bought...some had to pull out as nothing could be sold due to injunctions placed on the land. So the site couldn't move forward as an advocate advised to put an injunction on land stopping developer selling anything..how does this help anyone?

Stalemate!

The injunction isn't helping anyone apart from the advocate make dosh.....the developer is vexed by this.

SueJim

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 45 in Discussion

Hello everyone,

Lets have the truth here are you talking about No.10? We had to buy a flat because the villa was incomplete by 10 months and we had no where to store our furniture. It was villa No.11 brought it to our attention that the pool had been placed partly on their land according to the blueprints as well as the villa being built the wrong way round. The injunction does not stop any construction work continuing, it was only on the land. It was the judge who decieded the the details of the injunction. We lost our jobs and apartment in Kuwait and were lucky to find two other teaching position at such short notice. We warned everbody about this in December 2008. We always met the conditions of the contract, paid before the said day and our contract clearly states that we pay the last payment on the completion of the villa. Can I add the money has always been in the bank in TRNC waiting the completion of the villa.

suejim

rocky

Message Posted:
15/10/2010 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 45 in Discussion

so whats happening on this site now are they all finished

Pipie

Message Posted:
15/10/2010 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 45 in Discussion

Er !! I dont think so rocky these villas are not all finished neither is the site .

cotswold2010

Message Posted:
29/11/2010 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 45 in Discussion

I am looking to get in touch with the people who are involved in the Green Hills, Tatlisu, TRNC.

I work for Cotswold Water Park Society in Cirencester, Gloucestershire. We are currently taking legal action against 1 of the people who was buying on the Green Hills Development. They are offering the house to the Society. I would like to get in touch with other people on Green Hills Developments to understand what the status of the site and would also like some photo's.

I can be contacted on accounts@waterpark.org

booitsme

Message Posted:
29/11/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 45 in Discussion

We walked our dogs up there a couple of weeks ago and the site is nowhere near completion. It looks as if 1 house is finished, a few are close to completion but the rest are either shells or markers on the ground. We haven't seen any workers up on that site for a very long time.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.