North Cyprus Tourist Board - intoduction and query about new born furniture - new and 2nd hand
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > intoduction and query about new born furniture - new and 2nd hand

intoduction and query about new born furniture - new and 2nd hand

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Cyprus44 Article on Buying Furniture in North Cyprus

Pixie

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi

Im pixie. My parents moved to Cyprus when I was 18 years old (from sydney australia. I am of Turkish cypriot origin) and I had the good luck to earn a place at a very good university in Istanbul.I never thought I would end up living there , but work kept getting better and better so I ended up staying.

My hubby and I moved to N.Cyprus In october 2008, we were lucky he found a job, and we are renting a place in Nicosia.

We are having our first baby and I am dismayed at the expensive prices I see in stores. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can get Bedroom furniture,a cot,a push chair, a high chair,towels, bedding, clothes, basically everything for a new born baby boy ?

I am also willing to buy second hand in good condition.

Right now I am looking at buying from Istanbul because I can get better brands cheaper there.

please help.Ive never lived here and I dont know what to do.

Storm

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

If you don't mind going over the border - Jumbo is the place to go for all baby equipment, baby gro, nappies, - everything for the newborn and toddlers - and all to EU and Safety Standards.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Use your Aussie passport.

Richard

Pixie

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I have a turkish cypriot id card, going over the border is not a problem. Ive been checking out the jombo website- even though I couldnt find specific items it looks pretty good. the only thing Im worried about are the things I will be buying are pretty expensive. isnt there some a maximum amount that we can purchas over the other side? Ive been looking at strollers for around 300-400 tl, high chairs at around 250tl cots thermometers,bath etc. Would I have to make a couple of trips? Does anyone know how to look at brands and prices on the website?

cronos

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

The rules tend to change every other week , but I seem to remember it being 135 Euros per person.

However,I heard that dependant upon whether your friendly GC border guard was having an off day,there could be problems if you bought ,say 500 euros worth to share between 4 passengers......sometimes not allowed.

Get seperate receipts for individual items just to be on the safe side.

Hilltop

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

The "GC Border Guard" will not give a damn how much you take North........The TC one might.

japeal

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Try Amada's Auctions, last weekend had cot, high chair etc net auction 26/4

elko2

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

If you buy in Turkey bear in mind the cost of transport and the cost of customs in TRNC plus the cost of paperwork at both ends. When you add all up it may not be any cheaper.

ismet

Pixie

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

I actually work in Istanbul on the weekends so I will be commuting till the end of May.I thought I could bring over some of the heavier things one at a time.Obviously Jumbo would be easier,but I do have a lot of things to purchase so I might have to make a few trips.

I am also unable to attend the auctions because of work but perhaps as of June.Am still hoping to hear from mums out there with things in good condition.

I will pay Jumbo a visit very soon.

Thankyou all for your advice.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.