North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wi-Fi at turtle Bay Village
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wi-Fi at turtle Bay Village

Wi-Fi at turtle Bay Village

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Turtle Bay Village North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

telea

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi everyone! So far, some places in TBV have Wi-Fi and others do not. If you need a friendly place to relax and do your email, have a drink, sit round the pool, or use the restaurant, I would recommend Stevie's Restaurant. It is run by an English couple Stevie and Linda, it is 12 minutes drive from TBV, past Esentepe turning, go straight until you see an advert with a car tyre hanging up on your left, then you will see a villa on your right that looks like a castle. Opposite the villa there is a sign that says 'Stevie's Restaurant and Bar' there is a small road next to the sign, turn left there and follow the signs, it is on your right go through the black gates to the car park. you will get a friendly welcome! I'm going there until the Wi-Fi works at TBV.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
05/05/2009 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Telea is it because some parts of the Wi-Fi dont work because some havent subscribed or doesnt the Wi-Fi work properly?

Thank you

telea

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hi, I asked in the office, aparently it is becasue the previous management company, Sharon management did not set it up at all well. there are several receptor dishes on various roof tops around the site, each has it's own 'box' (transmitter or transistor box I forget) which needs to be plugged in somewhere individually. Sharon plugged each one into empty top floor apartments. As the apartments were sold the dish was unplugged!!! Such a bad design!! In the beginning of the build, each one should have had a cable running underground to a central point with a meter, now it is too late to dig up the ground to bury cables.

Simon in the Resco Office said so far there are two suggestions :

1. Each dish has a separate electric meter which would cost the owners TL 400 each one (and there are about 6 I think from memory) so that is not really an option.

2. Each one is plugged into an apartment and the owners are compensated for the electricity usage, or given reduced Wi-Fi access fees.

telea

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Everyone, if you want to know where you can do Wi-Fi free, please look at the discussion on TBV Owners Forum as I replied to 'notsobored housewife' on this subject!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.