North Cyprus Tourist Board - photos of chelsey village
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > photos of chelsey village

photos of chelsey village

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Chelsey Village North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» North Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Pictures

Susan

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 01:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 40 in Discussion

Hi, we are new to the forum, we have bought an apartment at chelsey village L14 apt 3, its due to be finished between april - july 08. We are visiting at the end of April. Has anyone got any recent photos of the site?

Arty65

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Susan, I am at Chelsey village now and can see your block from my kitchen window! L20 apart 6. Do you want me to take some pictures and send them to you when I get home?

Arty

chickatina

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

We left Cyprus on 6 April 2008 after a great two weeks. The mix up on the numbers on L20 was that we were originally apartment 6. Apparently Yigor had to change the numbers around due to a change in the number of apartments in our block?? so our door number is now 4.

You should try the bar in the village Kleppini, we went on a Saturday night for food which was very good. We also popped in a few evenings just for drinks, they are very friendly.

When are you next out there?

jmg171

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 40 in Discussion

Hello arty

I was wondering where you got too!!!

I hope you are having a fab time and you got all your bits and pieces.

Out again in june I cant wait !!!

jackie

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 40 in Discussion

hi this is my first time on this site. my husband and i are going to put down a deposit on this site tomorrow. does everyone think it is as good as it looks.

we don't go out until the 3rd of may and don't want to be making a big mistake.

how far is it really from the sea. and do the apartments look as good as the pictures. and what is the standard of build , inside and out.

Glengoyne

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 40 in Discussion

We have purchased at Chelsey Village and are also due out first week in May for handover. Our apartment was completed a month earlier than expected. We viewed the site before putting our deposit down in August last year. The quality of the work is very good and in our experience Yigor have been excellent to deal with. All apartments have lovely views of the sea and mountains, however, there is no way you could walk to the the beach. It is probably about a mile. You may be able to walk down but you certainly couldn't walk back up - I would say you definitely need a car. All I will say is ask lots of questions when you go over and make sure you know exactly what is included in the price. Good luck. I hope all goes well for you. We may see you over there.

Anne

Scotty

Message Posted:
21/04/2008 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 40 in Discussion

PARTY ! PARTY ! PARTY !

We are also over 1st week in May.

Looks like the village pubs could be a little more exciting than the norm and

lets hope the pool and restaurant are open too.

See you all in a fortnight !

Arty65

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 40 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

Just returned from CV and its looking brilliant. I am really please with the apartment and the quality of finishing.

YPD have introduced a new shareholders meeting to be held on 1st of each month. (a shareholder is classed as anyone who buys a property on CV) The first one was at the beginning of April and they are due to circulate the minutes to all buyers. I was given a copy when I was out there and they have stated the completion date as 18 months away! A little behind schedule…. If you are out there on 1st of any month make sure you go along. They really are trying to create a community environment out there and are looking for the buyers to contribute idea’s as much as possible. I will be asking if we can raise points/issues via email, to be read out at the meeting.

The pool and restaurant are due to open on 15th May. This is apparently due to the lack of meters on the island.

Chickatina – Glad you sorted out the apartment number. So we’re neighbours!!!

You had me worried for a minute . Just as we were leaving they had outlined the foundations for the apartments in front of our block! I don’t think they will take anything away from our view as they are lower down the hill, although a little closer to the road than I expected. Hopefully heading out again in July. Are you going to rent out your apartment? Would be good to know if its available should we decide to visit with friends. We could rent from each other if you were interested!

Has anyone signed up for the housekeeping service offered by Andry Management? Seems very expensive to me… We met with a lady on site who is offering a similar service but I’m not convinced yet that I need to do this. Inspecting property and airing your apartment…etc. Any views?

Jackie, how are you? So you’re heading back in June. Brilliant, hope you enjoy it. Me and my wife were eaten alive with Mosquito’s, little buggers. I’m going to post a thread to see if anyone can recommend a good repelant.

Ilovemydogs - good advice from Glengoyne. CV is a fantastic setting but if you are looking for something next to the beech then think again! You will definitely need a car. These are really cheap to hire through the onsite management company. I had a brand new Ford Focus for £16/day including insurance. YPD are really good to deal with and I have found them to be very trust worthy so far. Good luck.

Best regards

Arty

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 40 in Discussion

arty 65. thanks for the advice. we have reserved block k5 no i88. we are out to see it next saturday. i hope it is as good as it sounds. although i am a little apprehensve about the price of furnishing it , after reading everyones reviews.

we didn't realise it was so far from the sea, but i don't suppose that will matter too much with the pools. have you any ideas on renting and how much we could expect as we will probably only use it at the most 4 weeks a year. and do we have to use the site maintanance or will there be other people doing it. that will be more reasonable, with all these ex pats is anyone interested in doing this to stop the boredome.

li n lee

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 40 in Discussion

where is chelsea village from kyrenia

Susan

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 40 in Discussion

hi everyone, it looks like alot of us will be at Chelsey Village during the first week of May, we arrive on 30th April for 1 week. We have bought no 3 in block 14 , it should be finished in July, so I don't know which apartment they have put us in for the week. It would be really good to meet some of you while we are there

Susan

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 40 in Discussion

Hello Arty, I've only just read your message, if you have any pics that would be great, thanks very much.

trevor

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

Would it be possible please to email me some pictures as well, we are purchasing K5 unit 188, just the same pictures will do so i can have a look at the complex if it is no problem.

Arty65

Message Posted:
26/04/2008 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 40 in Discussion

Ilovemydogs - The site maintenance is done through Andry Management who are part of YPD. The fee's, I feel, are quite reasonable and are listed on the web site. I am paying £40/month for my apartment size. This covers them up keep of the site, pools, refuge collection etc. What I am unsure about is the house keeping services, which as I have said above, seem expensive.

The furniture pack for my apartment was just over £2k. I was actually quite happy with that as I thought it reasonable and less hassle than organising delivery myself. Potential rental income is listed on the YPD web site, although I don't think this will return full value until the village is complete!

Good luck with the viewing. Let me know what you thought...

Li in Lee - Chelsey Village is the next cut off from Esentepe when you are heading over the mountain road to the airport. Its worthwhile viewing.

Susan & Trevor, I will send pictures soon.

Cheers

Arty

eastendjoker

Message Posted:
26/04/2008 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 40 in Discussion

Arty i have purchased at L16 garden appt and would be interested in seeing some of your pictures of the village in general and how it is shaping up if it is no problem many thanks.

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
26/04/2008 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 40 in Discussion

thanks arty65.

we have seen the price list and that looks ok .

my husband trevor got your photos this morning, and it looks great. after seeing them i wish we had picked an apartment with the roof garden but after looking at the list we have i think they are all gone. never mind, i will ask if anyone has dropped out when we get there on saturday.

thanks

jmg171

Message Posted:
26/04/2008 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 40 in Discussion

Hi arty and all chelsey folk!!

I hope you recoverd from your mossie bites!!!

Any chance you could e-mail the minutes from the last meeting.

E-mail from dill a few days ago with maintenance contract, not happy with a few clauses. What do you think on reading??We havent signed yet we need a few things clarified first. I have gone for the eco package they offer £20 month for key holding, airing out apartment, flushing water ect not bad I thought!!

Did you manage to get all your bits and pieces??,and go to the leckie shop I mentioned?

Davie and I are going for fly screens when out in june, much needed I think.

Regards

jackie

Arty65

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Jackie, Bites all gone now, just need to find something to prevent them for my next trip out to CV in July....I brought a copy of the contract home to review it but so far haven't had time to pick it up. Is there anything in particular that concerns you guys?

Ilovemydogs, glad you liked the pictures. Pity about the roof garden, however, your apartment is much bigger inside than those with a terrace! Are you bottom floor or top?

Eastendjoker, I am travelling at the moment but when I get home later this week I will send some pics to you.

Cheers everyone

Arty

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 40 in Discussion

arty65. we are on the ground floor. my husband trevor has had a look today and there is one apartment left .so if it is still there sunday. we will ask if we can have a look.

as everyone is there next week . what do we do go into a bar and shout anyone in chelsey village, that should be a laugh. seriously it would be nice to meet our potenial neighbours

Scotty

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 40 in Discussion

I'll be the one with the dark glasses and shorts on standing next to the elephant. Whoops meant to say my gorgeous wife. Sorry darling. You know I'm just kidding. Anyway theres four of us coming out on 6th who all love a laugh and a joke and I'm sure you will bump into us around Chelsey Village. Top priority is to find a local pub showing the final day of the season live on Sky.

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 40 in Discussion

that's no good to me we fly back on the on the 7th. so have a good laugh without us . and i hope the elephant hasn't hit you too hard

Glengoyne

Message Posted:
29/04/2008 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 40 in Discussion

Didn't you mean to say "i'll be the elephant standing next to my gorgeous wife!" Scotty Boy. Just for the record I'll be the other gorgeous wife standing next to the guy wearing the stupid hat. You'll know what I mean when you see it!! haha.

Ilovemydogs - sorry you won't be there to meet us. Maybe next time.

jmg171

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 01:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Arty,

What concerns me is penalty clause D, page 1 of contract.

If the resident breaches the Maintenance contract, the resident pays the maintenance company £5,000. To justify this cost it says it cost the company this amount for preparatory purposes and in order to provide services under the agreement.

If you multiply £5,000 by 200 an odd apartments = £1,000,000.

What a joke!!!

We feel 12months maintenance should be enough of a penalty.

What do you think arty??

jmg

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 01:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 40 in Discussion

Hi - the insect repellant. This Avon one is reported to be unbeatable. Copied this from Ebay - Avon's Soft and Fresh Dry Oil Body Spray comes highly recommended FOR YOUR HOLIDAY and for use during the Summer whilst CAMPING, HIKING, FISHING and undertaking SPORTING ACTIVITIES as a GREAT SUBSTITUTE Insect and Mosquito Repellent - without the nasty chemicals which are normally in insect repellents!.

BUY YOUR 3 BOTTLES HERE FOR £8.40 - That works out at £2.80 EACH

Retails at £5 a bottle so YOU SAVE £6.60!!!

I have just returned from a week in Kyrenia & I didn't have time to get Avon first. Bought 'Autan' from a Chemist; everyone bitten except me, and I'm normally eaten alive. Anything with 'deet' should work. Also swear by the plug-ins so you don't get eaten in your sleep.

All the best

Jo

Arty65

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 40 in Discussion

Jackie,

I see your point. Let me review when I get home. I have legal people that work for me so I will ask them to take a look at it and advise!

Ilovemydogs, good luck with the apartment. I have emailed YPD for you as discussed with Trevor in our emails. Let me know what you think.

Arty

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 40 in Discussion

thanks arty65. will do.

UKCAL

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 40 in Discussion

How is Block 14 ? we have sent the £1500 for Elec and water but not had any tconnections confirmed.

They have also got the kitchen wall tiles wrong and the colour of the fitted bedroom wardrobes. But they offered to change them for £570 per room - I complained and they have now offered to pay 50% of this cost. Had to go via the Yigor London office to get things moving.

Susan

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 40 in Discussion

Our apartment is in block 14 it was completed in July, we stayed there for 2 weeks and they completed our snagging during this time. We paid our £1'500 utilities connection charge earlier this year, we have mains water with a meter but the electric we used in July was still temporary coming from Yigors supply. I know there is a shortage of meters, people living there permanently have needed theirs first. You will have power during your visits until your meter is done.

keithr

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 40 in Discussion

Formation of Alternative Residents Community Association

References:

1. Letter to M Drewett from Haven Management.

2. Forum Posting by Arthur Agnew. 19:35 27 December 08.

3. Forum Posting by Sandra Laine. 20:32 04 Jan 09.

4. Information from YPD’s website.

Introduction

1. The permanent residents of Chelsey Village have formed the above Association. All are members, any other owners of property at CV are invited to join (with some exceptions). This situation has been forced upon us by the Actions of Haven Management in conjunction with Mrs Sandra Laine and some of her associates.

Haven Management

2. 4 x proposed Committee Members of CVOA held a meeting at the earliest convenience before the proposed inaugural meeting that was to be held on 1st December. The reasons for the meeting have been previously stated, but do consider that we were acting as a clear majority. Haven, probably in conjunction with Mrs Laine cancelled the inaugural meeting, without any r

keithr

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 40 in Discussion

References:

Introduction

1. The permanent residents of Chelsey Village have formed the above Association. All are members, any other owners of property at CV are invited to join (with some exceptions). This situation has been forced upon us by the Actions of Haven Management in conjunction with Mrs Sandra Laine and some of her associates.

Haven Management

2. 4 x proposed Committee Members of CVOA held a meeting at the earliest convenience before the proposed inaugural meeting that was to be held on 1st December. The reasons for the meeting have been previously stated, but do consider that we were acting as a clear majority. Haven, probably in conjunction with Mrs Laine cancelled the inaugural meeting, without any r

keithr

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 40 in Discussion

References:

Introduction

Haven Management

rowlo

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 40 in Discussion

msg 10 head to catalkoy when you see the sign telling you the acapulco hotel isyour next left stay on the main road veering to the right the army base should be on your left 300yds past the base on your left youll see the sign for chelsey village

rowlo

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 40 in Discussion

msg 5 its 5mins to the acapulco beach hotel by car turtle beach 10mins standard of build and internal finish is very good you can upgrade kitchen work tops to granite at reasonable cost white goods to stainless etc etc just what you would expect it will be awesome when its finished i own their by the way not a salesman ps one pool is already open

rowlo

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 40 in Discussion

msg 31 whats the exceptions and whos haven management

Mouse

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 02:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 40 in Discussion

rowlo,

Am i right in saying you don't know who Haven management are? They are the people who run the maintenance company, you should have by now received your voting papers for the cvoa as well as your invoice for the maintenance. If you haven't received these I would suggest you contact YPD for Haven's email address, or if you are a member of the forum there are posts relating to these topics. Hope this helps.

keithr

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 40 in Discussion

Do not buy at Chelsey Village unless you are Russian,you will be treated with utter contempt and will be ignored at every opportunity.

This is a warning to all EU prospective purchasers.

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
18/06/2009 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 40 in Discussion

keithr is talking nonsense.

The staff British and Russian are very helpful and no hidden agenda.

Quality of finish is exceptional and the site blends into its surroundings with ease.

Non congested and with the most fabulous views.

Having visited for over three years the progress has remained positive without exception.

Not my site location but my Dad's. His choice of location having been living on the island in the 50's and 70's.

A great location to enjoy the imensity and chill that the mountans and sea bring to the soul.

eastendjoker

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 40 in Discussion

i can only speak for myself but i am more than pleased with the way we have been treated and help given when we needed a problem sorted,we are looking forward to going over for two weeks in july and dont anticipate any problems !

keithr

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 04:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 40 in Discussion

Try living here full time and you will then see what goes on,the rubbish dumping,the constant noise,the complete indifference of the staff,no dialogue at all between the various parties on site. The water supply is random if not non existent and why do we pay 25-30tl for a bowser when the russians on site pay 15tl ??? Also,staff living in the flats have their water tanks filled up for free !!!

If it is so wonderful,and it most likely is for a couple of weeks,why are 4 of the 7 permanent residents trying to sell up ??

Shame as I agree it is a great location,that's why I bought here,but the reality is somewhat different.

eastendjoker

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 40 in Discussion

Keith from what you are saying things might have changed since i was there at the end of march and if i received the same sort of treatment you have experienced i would probably take a different view,it is a great location and i did not invest there without looking elsewhere. i really hope things improve for you because i really think this can be one of the best places in the north.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.