North Cyprus Tourist Board - Skyline Residence Completion
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Skyline Residence Completion

Skyline Residence Completion

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Skyline Residence Bogaz North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Tapps

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 65 in Discussion

Hi. I know its been asked before but not for a while, so has anyone seen the latest progress on the Skyline Residence? Is building even continuing? I see that the latest completion date is now march 2010. I am getting fed up waiting now. Thanks in advance.

the butler

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Tapps,

I am sure that in the latest Medview Newsletter, it said that this development had been put on hold until there was an up turn in the market. March 2010 is only ten months away, so can't see it being finished for then. Neither can I see an up turn in the market before then. I would seriously start asking questions and see if you can transfer your money to another development, if that is what you want.

The butler

Hilltop

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 65 in Discussion

There has been no work on the structure for 6 months.

the butler

Message Posted:
09/05/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Hilltop,

What is your opinion on this, what I call a blot on the landscape? To me it looks totally out of place and I cannot understand how it got past the planners. Surely it must be having an effect on the possible sales at Hilltop and Seaview having this monstous lump of concrete of an empty shell, with no forseeable finish in sight.

The butler

Tapps

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 65 in Discussion

Thanks for the info. I guess the photo's Medview update on their website every few months aren't really showing much change. I spoke to someone at Medview late last year that said progress was continuing !! i'd like to get compensated but can't see that being an easy course of action .They did offer a swap to an apartment but it didn't seem a very good deal. I'll hold for now and maybe ask a few more questions

Chegwin

Message Posted:
11/05/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 65 in Discussion

Chegwin would swap. At least you would have something to use.

To me that is a much better idea, but then I am a horse.

Chegs

Tyrone

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 65 in Discussion

I bought a skyline property and they have recently asked me to swap it for an apartment

what are your plans.

the butler

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 00:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Tyrone,

In last Saturdays Cyprus Today, there was an article about Skyline Residence. Apparently Mr Safa has run out of money and no further work will take place on this building in the forseable future. Mr Safa I think is looking for another investor to take this off his hands. He is offering all the people who have paid for rooms in this hotel, 10% per year discounts off any of their other properties.This seems a fairly good deal to me and I think I would be looking to do this. Sunrise Beach Club is ok and Forest, Golf & Beach Residence at Esentepe have some just completed one bed apartments which are very nice. Check them out, the build is good and the site is nicely situated.

The butlers wife

letchkof

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 65 in Discussion

I have 2 suites in the Skyline residence and have now also received this statement from Mr Safa offering other properties. What worries me is that he is trying to off-load properties he can't sell.

When/if he does sell his other properties he is in the position of owning most of the rooms in the hotel again.

This may be what he wants because he's had offers for the Hotel.

How wealthy is Mr Safa?

the butler

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 65 in Discussion

Hi letchkof,

You ask how wealthy is Mr Safa? Well he owns a newspaper in Turkey and a newspaper in the TRNC and a TV station in the TRNC He drives a Rolls Royce and owns a yacht but he doesn't have the money to finish the Skyline Residence and he took out a huge mortgage on our homes after they had all been paid for, without asking our permission. So work that one out for yourself.

The butler

Chegwin

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 65 in Discussion

Richer than three feet up a bulls a*se!!

Chegs

mikemans

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 65 in Discussion

He is potless, take what yo can before the boat sinks

mikemans

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 65 in Discussion

The car was a very old Bentley worth little and was interred by the authorities for unpaid tax as was a Jaguar of modest value.

TV & Radio run on a budget and no adiience data is available, The newspaper in Turkey is no longer part of the Medview group, The Cyprus paper is almost a fly sheet paper similar to give aways in UK. Journalistic content is mostly old suggesting it is not original source.Basicaly the whole empire is like a pack of cards.

Having said that I admire Ali Safa for raising himself from a cafe shop in London to an astute buisness man today, please do not confuse my admiration for his business acievemnt with liking him as an individual.

mikemans

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 65 in Discussion

Mr & Mrs Butler plese can I contact you off board I need to discuss a subject

the butler

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Mikemans,

Yes of course.

The butler

the butler

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Mikemans,

How can you say he is an astute business man, when he has at least two unfinished hotels and dozens of unsold properties? Greedy comes to mind, I just hope he pays the mortgage off on our homes before the boat sinks.

mikemans

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 65 in Discussion

as mch as dislike him, I do not think he started out with intentions to defraud anyone. Events beynd his control have set the pattern. He is a very selfish and self centred indivdual whose only concern in life is him, he bullys and treats everyone he contacts. He published in his pape that we were a load of whingeing brits and the Cyprus does not need us but it does need him as a contibutor to TRNC welfare, this after taking £4 million pound from clients at various developmets. His biggest trouble is he believes his own publicity, he is now on a very slippery slope and before anyobe accepts another property make sure it has no mortgages on it and that the deeds can be issued without being part of another development as he has implied at Hill Top.

Like I said, my admiration is because he built from little a successful group, alas it is all slipping away, His problme is meeting the same peple on the way down that he trod on on the way up. In short no one likes him. Thats very sad.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 65 in Discussion

Oh come on, he's an out & out conman!

Richard

mikemans

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Brinsley, agree with you wole heartedly and I often refer to him as being economical with the truth, he is not to be trusted in any way. Would I buy from Medview again, bet your life the answer is no and potential buyers would be mad to consider investing in a Medview development. I am a buyer until economics allow me to sell.

mikemans

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 65 in Discussion

to top for new enquirers

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 65 in Discussion

http://www.medviewhomes.com/ebrosur2/default.HTML

Second Medview news letter which mentions the Skyline residance.

Also mentions how work will again be starting at SeaView in the winter with it all being finished including an indoor pool by summer 2010.

the butler

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 65 in Discussion

Just read the newsletter, thanks to Sandcastle. There is nothing like blowing your own trumpet when the chips are down. I hope the owners at Hilltop and Sunrise beach club enjoy their new sun loungers. They are the ones that Medview took from our site at Esentepe when we got in a new management company. We the owners had paid for these with our service charges but they took them along with the parasols.

The butler

wattys

Message Posted:
09/07/2009 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 65 in Discussion

If you gave the job of finishing skyline to the best building company in the UK it would not be finished by mid 2010.

What i saw a couple of weeks ago there is still at least 3 years works IF IT'S DONE with local labour.

mikemans

Message Posted:
09/07/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 65 in Discussion

First they need to repay all buyers and have no contracts outstanding, then the Israili's will put up money and buy it, no doubt for a whoping loss to Ali Safa, this willin turn allow AS to pay his debts and develop again on smaller units ay which he is good at. The 64 dollar question is will anyobe buy from him again with the track record he now has. I cannot fnd one person who would buy from him again and we al lknow that 80% of business comes from 20% of existing clients, in that capacity most developers will rely on word of mouth from existing clients. He is a clever man with advertising and publicity and the old adaga that you can fool some of the people all the time comes to mind, and that will be enough to satisfy his needs.

Ozzelli

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Butler,

would it be possible to contact you off board.

Thanks.

Ozzelli

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 00:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 65 in Discussion

I have been following the posts on here for a while. I purchased a unit on the Skyline Hotel development, making the first payment in 2005. I, like others on this forum, now have the offer of exchanging to a ready property. The Esentepe development looks good but what are the full extent of the problems with this site.

I have read that the development has been remortgaged by the Medview owner whilst other research brings back good reports.

Clarification from anybody in the know would be appreciated.

mikemans

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 65 in Discussion

Ozzeli

The Essentepe site as I have been informed by owners is that Medview have taken a mortgage on the property after selling the units to buyers as published by the Butler. A really lovely development in a really nice setting. The standard of build is excellent but the worry of a debt over the asset should put people off. i would look at Sunrise Beach Club as this is s a finished project with protection against the developer raising mortgages on the site other than his own units. Deeds are being processed and the site is run reasonably well. Medview have about 15 units to sell there some converted commercial units on grpound floor, these are controversial as advoctate has suggested they are community property and we cannot get Medview to prove otherwise. Would suggest you leave these alone. SBC is probably your best option to secure your investment out of all Medview developments.

Ozzelli

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 65 in Discussion

Thanks for the info on that Mikemans.

I am currently researching the mortgage situation in North Cyprus, other than the finance offer that Medview are offering as this isn't a mortgage as such.

Any pointers or reccomendations on this one?

Ozzelli

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 65 in Discussion

After the advice that Mikemans has just posted has anyone else - who is in a similar position to myself or have already gone through this process of swapping a Skyline unit to a completed property - got any sound advice.

It seems a tricky situation as all the research brings back varying degrees of good and bad points, it would be nice to be armed with as much information from similar investors/owners before making a decision as getting any money out of the investment is going to prove a struggle.

mikemans

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 65 in Discussion

I am a UK IFA and deal with mortgages, the offer from Medview appears commercially OK but you need a good UK solicitor to check the wording of the contract as it will probably be a loan and not a mortgage. If loan is under UK law then different rules apply on loans over £25000. Alternative is if you have equity in UK property and a good credit score you would obtain a cheaper rate through your existing mortgage lender or any high street building society.

In all honesty I hope I and others are all proved wrong by Medview and that they not only prosper but honour all obligations and debts to owners and creditors alike. It is not in owners interests for Medview to collapse or go bankrupt, so whilst critiscism is handed out on this board, it is also right to give brownie points if appropriate and hopefully all us will be able to do that if Medview can overcome its current financial crisis and honour its committments to clients and deliver all things promised in contracts.

mikemans

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 65 in Discussion

Also check on whether the loan can be redeemed without penalty or whether you are locked in. No APR is given by Medview so it is impossible to assess whether the financial terms offered are value for money.

Are title deeds and full ownership passed on completion or are the deeds held as security. What hidden fees, lawyers etc need to be checked out.

Ozzelli

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 65 in Discussion

All great pointers, thanks.

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 65 in Discussion

However, when it was put to a vote of owners the vast majority of them decided to support me and to reject him and his cohorts. He then abandoned his friends and stated that he had always been in favour of my company’s continuing involvement with the management of the development. However, ever since then he has been working behind the scenes to undermine me whilst, to my face, claiming that he supports me.

I am disappointed and disgusted that people seeking objective advice should be receiving advice from someone who has proved himself to be so dishonest.

TO BE CONTINUED

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 65 in Discussion

Let us look at the FACTS.

Medview Homes began business in North Cyprus in 2003. Since then it has completed almost 1,000 units and had completed and sold about 800 units.

So there are almost 800 people who own completed units, who are living in them or using them. They enjoy on site management which keeps the developments to a very high standard. They have electricity. They have water. The majority of owners are completely satisfied with their properties and with the developments which they are a part of. Even my enemies admit that the quality of my developments is first rate.

Yes there is a mortgage on part of one development which affects 30 properties. The development was a joint venture where another party supplied the land. They, not Medview, took out a mortgage on that land. Although there was no obligation on me I have given my personal assurance that this mortgage will be cleared by October. Are these the action of a con man?

TO BE CONTINUED

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 65 in Discussion

The fact is that almost 770 properties are owned by buyers outright and there are no mortgages or other incumbrances on them. Their contracts have been registered with the Land Office who would have notified them if their properties had been sold a second time or had been mortgaged without their consent. They know that they are safe in their properties.

The developments which I completed in 2003/4 have already had individual deeds issued on them. The system in North Cyprus is slow and it does seem to take about 5 years for the deeds for a new development to be issued. But look at the South where there have been plenty of reports in the media that anything up to 100,000 people are without deeds in a system where some people have been waiting for 15 years or more!

TO BE CONTINUED

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 65 in Discussion

When we were marketing our properties we knew of these delays. I therefore had a clause added to all our contracts that states that the developer will assist a buyer in disposing of his property by becoming a party to the onward sale contract if a buyer from us wishes to sell. How many other developers in North Cyprus have had this foresight. Again, are these the actions of a conman?

Look around you in North Cyprus. How many properties do you see that are half finished. How many properties are there which have been sold two or more times or mortgaged up to the hilt? The answer is, “plenty”. AGA may be the most infamous situation but it is by no means the only one. A lot of well meaning people have lost their life savings through investing in North Cyprus. If I am a conman then let “mikeman” point to one person who has lost through putting his money with me and my companies? Enough of the innuendo. Let’s have some facts, mikeman, to back up your contention that I am a con man.

AliOSafa

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 65 in Discussion

Let’s turn to Skyline. Investors have put down deposits of about $3.5 million. I have put in $20 million. What is the point of completing a hotel where most investors are looking to make a return from room lettings when there are just no the visitors coming to North Cyprus to fill the rooms. A hotel owner in Bogaz was saying recently that occupancy rates this year are down even on last year’s lows at something like 26%. The Skyline investors still have a minimum of 20% of the purchase price to pay under their contracts, they have to bear the costs of fitting out the units which will be another £7,000 or thereabouts, they would have to pay the service charges. And for what? Faced with that situation I would not be doing any of our investors any favours in surging ahead, even if that were possible in the present climate.

To Be Continued

AliOSafa

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 65 in Discussion

But what would happen to investors in this situation if they were dealing with almost any other developer. There would be a shrug of the shoulders and a response along the lines “well, what can I do?” But not with me. I have offered not only to allow the Skyline investors to transfer to another completed property but I have offered them a return of their investment allowing them to trade in their current payment for a new property at an enhanced value giving them a 10% per year return. I have also offered to throw in white goods and air conditioning for free. That is at least another £4,000 which I am giving away. And the property to which they are transferring is completed and unenumbered and, if they wish, they can put it on the market to sell right away. Are those the actions of a conman ?

TO BE CONTINUED

AliOSafa

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 65 in Discussion

My offer has met with considerable interest and a lot of people are transferring. And this offer is not without its expense to me. I am adding value to the original investment even though every penny which has been received has been ploughed into building work. I am offering added extras for nothing. And I am allowing people to transfer into completed stock, which I could otherwise have sold.

Mikeman would have you believe that I am running out of money. He has been saying that with monotonous regularity for a very long time. My media interests lose me about £100,000 each and every month. Other than the Government I would suggest to you that there is not another company in the North of Cyprus that could sustain losses of that magnitude without going under. But I have been doing that month in and month out for the past year.

TO BE CONTINUED

AliOSafa

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 65 in Discussion

Mikeman dismisses my media interests as being Mickey Mouse. Ask any Turk and you will find that ADA TV is the most popular Turkish language station throughout the world. The TRNC sits up and takes notice when Star Kibris raises something that needs attention.

The fact of the matter is that few if any media groups make money, certainly not in Cyprus or Turkey. But media is a rich man’s toy.

The Safa Group remains, even in these hard times, the fastest expanding company in North Cyprus. By way of example one of our divisions has just landed a €10 million contract funded by the European Union for infrastructure work in North Cyprus. And if you doubt our size why not go onto google. You will see that a few years ago I offered $50 million for a half interest in CTA, the North Cyprus National airline. However the North Cyprus Government wanted to buy it and they put pressure on the Turkish Government whose finance minister personally asked me to withdraw from the bidding. Cont'd

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 65 in Discussion

You will also find that I was involved in a $360 million bid to bring electricity from mainland Turkey to the island. Once again this failed to proceed due to the intervention of the previous TRNC Government.

I am described as “potless”. How is it then that I am about to launch a new University in North Cyprus which will be specialising in distance learning; a first for North Cyprus.

To be continued

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 65 in Discussion

So I would suggest to those who are looking for advice and assistance to look at the facts and not be influenced by someone who is pursuing his own agenda of discrediting me and my company at every opportunity.

If anyone has a genuine enquiry why not get the information from source. If you e mail any queries you have to sales@medviewhomes.com then you will receive a straight and factual answer. Conmen seek to hide. We do not.

I have broken my own rule by coming onto the message board. However I do not propose to make a habit of it and I will not be responding to any further posting on this subject.

Ali Ozmen Safa

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 65 in Discussion

UNFORTUNATELY THE FIRST PART OF MY POSTING WAS NOT PUT ON THE BOARD. PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE YOU READ THE REST OF MY POSTINGS.

AliOSafa

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 65 in Discussion

I am Ali Ozmen Safa, managing director of the Safa Group of companies.

I do not generally involve myself in the gossip and half truths that fill so much of these message board. However, a member of my staff has brought this posting to my attention and, for once, I feel the need to reply.

The reason that I am replying to this thread as opposed to others is that it is clear that there are a number of genuine people with genuine concerns who are seeking independent and dispassionate advice. The problem is that the majority of that advice is coming from a two faced individual. It is only a few weeks ago that I last met him and he was saying how much he supported what I was doing.

Once upon a time “mikemans” thought of himself as a big shot at my Sunrise Beach Club development where he owns an apartment. He was at the centre of two Residents’ Committee that tried to create divisions between the owners and my company. NOW GO BACK UP TO MY FIRST PUBLISHED POSTING.

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 65 in Discussion

Mr Ozmen Safa. Welcome to the forum. One question. How many title deeds have you given out? People are waiting, having paid good money. Oh, sorry, you're not going to make any further posts. Well, gee. And correspondence with your lot? Fat lot of good it does.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 65 in Discussion

We should thank Mr. Safa for taking the trouble to post on the forum. As always people should get full information before making any investment decision. This decision is in fact another investment decision.

If I was in a position where I had a deposit and a contract to purchase an apartment at this hotel then I would sit down and filter out the irrelevant information and rumours and base my decision on the relevant facts. Ascertain if what Mr. Safa says about the developments is true (and I have no reason to doubt this at all) and work out what you want to do. You can ignore rumours about Israelis simply because they are not relevant.If you are exchanging onto a development where the title seems safe (within the general scope of the TRNC political situation) then to a large degree, whether Medview and Mr. Safa "are potless" is also of minor importance if once done you are free from them.

There may be other solutions to exchange. People need to look at their contracts to see what they signed up to and if there are causes for a refund to be given they shoud investigate that possibility if they do not want an exchange property.

Be a wise buyer and get the best independent legal advice available.

Harold

the butler

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 65 in Discussion

Unfortunately that independant legal advice will come at a price. These poor people have already paid for legal advice and may not be in a position to start again. Most will have made the mistake of using the lawyer that Medview recommended and will not wish to start again with a new lawyer because of the cost involved.

What Mr Safa says and what is true is nearly always two different things, as many Medview owners have found out to their cost. As most of the Medview developments have a Medview management company in charge, it is not as easy to shake them off as you think. Parcellisation and Title Deeds take for ever to get and they blame this on the system and yet other devlopements seem to get theirs in a reasonable amount of time.

The butler

roachie

Message Posted:
08/08/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 65 in Discussion

Unfortunately many of us who have bought properties from you know differently. yes they are beautiful houses and for that your company deserves much credit but to say that your maintenance company kept the places well does not reflect the opinions of the people who actually live there. Furthermore, while you offered to buy back the houses people purchased when people I know asked you to honour this, on the gorunds that they could not sell to anyone else with a mortgage on the property, they were refused.

Tapps

Message Posted:
12/08/2009 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 65 in Discussion

Well I am still struggling with my decision whether to swap or not . I feel that Medview are too keen to reduce the number of investors in Skyline and I can't decide what their motive is. I am also unhappy with the ultimatum of swap or lose your investment. Meanwhile Medview offer a new developement on their website. As I am not prepared to put any more mney in I think Seaview resort is my only option within my financial limits. I'd be greatul for any comments on this development, good or bad.

The way i see it is a swap gives me a very small return on my investment but peace of mind that i own something, or i hold on with skyline, risk losing it all, but maybe will own something worth much more than I invested.

the butler

Message Posted:
12/08/2009 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Simon,

Seaview will be well built as all Medview properties are but I understand that they have not got any of the facilities that were promised them. At the moment they are having to share the pools with Hilltop. Mr Safa has promised these facilities will be in place in the next 18 months but he has promised many things that have not come to fruition. I do not know what Mr Safas motive is for getting all the investors to swop to other properties, there has been lots of rumours of what is to happen to Skyline. If I were you, I would take their offer and move to Sunrise Beach Club or BeachView at least these developments are finished with facilities.

The Butler

Chegwin

Message Posted:
12/08/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 65 in Discussion

I would go with the Butlers wife and swap.

Something is better than nothing.

Chegs

mikemans

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 65 in Discussion

I don't think Ali Safa likes me ?

mikemans

Message Posted:
16/08/2009 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 65 in Discussion

he did however finally take the bait, Anthony states that no opinions can be made without a two way debate and that Anthony you will never achieve with Ali Safa.

Much of what he said is true, he has delivered as promised and I have siad many times I only wish Medview continued success, alas AS thinks I have a hidden agenda against him, I do not, simply a war of words that wil peter out in time, he will go on to other things and I will fade into oblivion in his memory, eventually sell when I can get out and look back with fond memories of Northern Cyprus.

In the issues addressed I am an irritant to AS, you can win no medals in his country with his connections. I have no desires win a battle and lose a war, I achieved what I wanted and that was to get him to respond on this board. In closing this subject he is a best described as a likeable rogue and it is hard not to admire his chutzpah.

owend

Message Posted:
20/07/2010 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 65 in Discussion

I own 2 apts at skyline residence in which I bought in 2005, does anyone know the status of these?????

the butler

Message Posted:
20/07/2010 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 65 in Discussion

Am I wrong in saying that this development hit financial difficulties early last year and went in to liquidation.

I understand that Ali Safa offered the investors they could transfer their money to alternative Medview developments. I have heard various stories since then, that the shell has been sold to a consortium. Can anybody substantiate this?

The butlers wife

aw8626

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 65 in Discussion

Owend

Sorry not heard anything that has been subsantiated - Were you given the opportunity to transfer to another Medview development?

bondyboy

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 65 in Discussion

you get a house with medview.alot of people get nothing in nc

malsancak

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 65 in Discussion

bondyboy, that's because they don't follow the NO KOCAN, NO MONEY! philosophy

peanut

Message Posted:
25/07/2010 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Owend

If you would like to post your number i will tell you where i am with skyline residence,i also bought in 2005.

Bradus

Message Posted:
25/07/2010 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 65 in Discussion

This is like an unfinished novel.

Did people get their money back or accept other properties? Has the mortgage been repaid? What has happened to Skyline Residence? Are there memorandums on these properties if Skyline has gone bust? Are people still without title deeds?

the butler

Message Posted:
25/07/2010 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Bradus,

I can confirm that Mr Safa kept his promise and paid the mortgage off on our properties at Esentepe in December 2009. Since we managed to get in a new management company in April 2009 the development has been transformed and is one of the best looking sites in the TRNC. The majority of owners have helped with this transformation and the Committee have all worked their socks off to achieve this. The fly in the ointment is the lack of title deeds and we will continue to lobby for these. Mr Ali Safa states in his earlier post that it takes 5 years to get them. Well we should have them in about 8 months if that is the case. I am not holding my breath on this, as we don't have parcellisation yet but it would be nice to think it is a possibility.

The butler

owend

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 06:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Peanut,

Sorry for the late reply! I would be interested in talking to you, or anyone else regarding their current situation with this.

My email is alishafyffe@aol.com

Grant

Message Posted:
11/01/2011 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 65 in Discussion

Hi

Regarding the transfer from Skyline has anyone been asked to pay an admin fee of £450.00 to Elan Properties Limited for them to release us from the contracts?

Anyone moved over to Riverside Resort - Catalkoy

Jinxy

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 65 in Discussion

Re: Message 63.

Hi,

We are moving over to the Riverside Resort from the Skyline too.

We have only received an email today 16/02/11 asking for the £430 to Elan Properties. Therefore what does the Discharge Statement mean that we signed in February 2010?

i.e. "We further declare that we have no further monetary or other claims from the Vendor in relation to the Skyline contract."

CJtill

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 65 in Discussion

Now this is probably not related to the Skyline situation, so if I am going off thread then I apologise but,,,

On page 28 of this weeks Cyprus Star (11\2\11), Medview homes are advertising a new (it looks like 10 storeys) development in Bogaz right next to Sunrise Beach Club.

Launch prices from £24k.....completion 2012.

Michael

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.