North Cyprus Tourist Board - Tekjen Construction-Serena Village Alsancak
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Tekjen Construction-Serena Village Alsancak

Tekjen Construction-Serena Village Alsancak

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

littlelegs

Message Posted:
20/02/2008 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Can anyone help me please. Tekjen Construction are saying that they are not responsible for obtaining and installing the electric & water meters at this property. Purchased off-plan in December 2004 we have still not completed.

Is there any one out there that can help me.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
20/02/2008 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Littlelegs

Was it written into your contract that they would supply/fit it. If so contact your solicitor to get it sorted. We sorted our own out with the help of our builder ie. he came with us to sort it out. That way everything went into our names straightaway instead of his name first of all then having to transfer it to us when we took possession of the house. It also meant we weren't on "builders electric".

Karen

littlelegs

Message Posted:
21/02/2008 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thank you orangekazzie, looks like that is what we will have to do. How much did you have to pay Kibtek for the meters and how long did it take after you went to see Kibtek

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
21/02/2008 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Littlelegs

Can't remember off hand how much we paid in total because we had to pay for a pole and the road to be dug up to bring it across the road. From memory though I'd say the total cost was around £1k and they came out really quickly - in fact I think it was the next day or day after to do it all.

Karen

kemal

Message Posted:
21/02/2008 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

hi

for the meters you have to pay kibtek £77 , 4 water meters u have to pay to alsancak council £267

kem

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
21/02/2008 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Kem

Welcome to the site. It was a few years ago when we had to sort out our water/electricity so things have probably changed a lot since then. I don't remember having to pay for a water meter but as I said things change and it wouldn't surprise me if they charge for both now.

Karen

littlelegs

Message Posted:
23/02/2008 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Kem & Karen,

Many thanks for both your responses, very helpful. The electicity is already wired into a communal box on ground floor so there shouldn't be a lot of work, just needs a meter fitted - hope it is 77 and not 1k. Anyway will let you know how it goes at end of March, when we get back.

Lesley

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.