North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turtle Bay Village
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turtle Bay Village

Turtle Bay Village

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Turtle Bay Village North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Toon Army

Message Posted:
09/04/2007 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 128 in Discussion

Just joined the site , seems to be alot of interest in Turtle Bay.There are several Turle Bay developments.I bought an apartment on the Turtle Bay Village site in Esenteppe.This was their 1st development and it is being developed by Savayon Developers.The 1st phase is due to be completed July 2007.There are over 440 apartments on the whole site with 6/7 pools restaurents,supermarke,gym,cafe,basketball courts etc.The last E-mail I received from them, they stated there were about 65 apartments left.If any one wants to but in Northern Cyprus I would recommend this deveopment.They have kept in touch from day 1 and when I requested photos of my apartment they E-mailed them at different stages.I am off out in May to get an update,hope to see a big change on the site as it was a just a building site when we bought off plan in May 2006.Hope this info helps anyone who is thinking of buying out in Northern Cyprus

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
09/04/2007 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Toon Army

We bought at Turtle Bay Village too!!! Yes I would definitely recommend them too - so far we have been very pleased with the way they have handled things and kept us up-to-date with progress. We are in 27(2) - where are you?

Toon Army

Message Posted:
10/04/2007 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 128 in Discussion

Looks like we will be next door to each other as we are in 28.We are off out there in 3 weeks ,staying in a hotel, going for a short break just to see how things are going.I'll let you know what the place looks like.We hope to get the keys sometime in July how about you?

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
10/04/2007 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 128 in Discussion

Yes you are just over the road from us!!! Yes we are waiting to hear about a completion date. Am getting really itchy feet to go over. We have two small boys so have our furniture all paid for and waiting to be put in there so we can have our family holiday there in August with any luck! Did you know there is a turtle bay village owners forum if you want details let me know and I will send you the website.

Lucky you going out there in 3 weeks!! Hope it goes well for you.

Toon Army

Message Posted:
11/04/2007 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 128 in Discussion

Thanks for the info would love the Turlebay village forum site

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
11/04/2007 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 128 in Discussion

Try this

http://groups.msn.com/turtlebayvillageowners

thomathe

Message Posted:
11/04/2007 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 128 in Discussion

Hi

We took possession on Monday of our apartment at turtle bay Village, we were the first in the beach zone, and we have working electric and water, even hot water. Everyone at Savyon were extremely helpful and we were very happy with the service, electricity and water had been arranged on our behalf and we just had to sign. The electric was on in the apartment but no charge has been organised yet, so we will be paying for that and signing in July. The cost for water was 230ytl.

Ali dealt with snagging and it was very impressive, as we noticed a few things, a leaking sink, the plumber was called, a window that didn't lock, the aluminimum man came over, at one point we had 4 workmen working on different items. Within 30 minutes we were happy with only 1 item outstanding that they would not fix there and then.

The skeleton of the bar and restaurant is up and the swimming pool is ready. A lot more work to be done outside leizure zone but we were impression with the professionalism of the company and expect they will deliver.

Will send some photos after we have had time to sort out at the weekend.

Theresa and Jeff

Toon Army

Message Posted:
16/04/2007 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 128 in Discussion

Theresa and Jeff Thanks for the info, very useful.We are off out to have alook 7th -14th May ,ours is not ready until July, will you still be there in May ,if you are we will have to try and meet up-let me know John & Christine

geordiesabroad

Message Posted:
17/04/2007 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 128 in Discussion

hey toonarmy this is geordies abroad....do we know u? ha ha!! we r buying 28a how about u????

Toon Army

Message Posted:
24/04/2007 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Geordies abroad it, we are in 28b so get the Newki Brown out

linwoodmo

Message Posted:
25/04/2007 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 128 in Discussion

Hi, we have bought 25b. I have a friend who works for Savyon(her partner is an estate agent in N Cyprus too) and is good friends with Elina in the sales office at Turtle Bay so I had no doubts about Turtle Bay!

We hope to go out end of July for school hols if its finished(I have a 5yrs old boy and 14yr old girl). If I can help with any info anyone needs my friend is a great source of help.Were did you buy your furniture etc from? My friend took me to Friskos, she knows the family, they seemed good but didn't like the sofas. I then met a guy who works for Homefront on the flight home and they seem good too.However I'm lstill ooking for any other ideas especially regarding sofas.

judge

Message Posted:
28/04/2007 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 128 in Discussion

hi to all victims , sorry purchasers at turtle bay. we are buying on the beach zone block 23. dont know when it will be ready , some time this year perhaps. still as long as the bar is up and running, who cares.hope to go out there in july . can anyone recommend some good accommodation, regards paul .

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
28/04/2007 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 128 in Discussion

Welcome fellow TBV owner!!!! We are at 27(2)

We stayed at The Colony in Girne - very nice but pricey - we went without the children so treated ourselves!!!

Have you checked out our owners website -

Its great for talking to others!

All the best - maybe see you out there in July.

Nicky

Toon Army

Message Posted:
29/04/2007 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Judge just found out our apartment 28b at Turtle Bay Village is ready early, can sign papers 21st May, should have been ready in July.We had already booked a holiday to go out and have a look 7th-14th May and we are staying at a lovely hotel Pia Bella in Girne.I can recommend this hotel nice rooms,pools,food etc and very helpful staff,around £50 per night per room on half board.

Let all you Turtle Bay Village owners know how it went when we get back.

taxidave

Message Posted:
29/04/2007 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 128 in Discussion

hello everybody, we must be the missing link. we are plot 30 b 04 and our one looks ready early from the photos kensington sent through. we booked to go out mid july but looks like we will be completing early. bit concerned what the development is going to be like. we have three children. after looking at photos from the first blocks completed there was nowhere to sunbathe, just a load of topsoil. also when we bought, we were told the restaurant would be open, mini golf, tennis courts, football piches etc, etc. we don't even know who the management agent is. and last of all why are we paying £60 per month management fees? there are 480 apartments on site, that's a lot of money per apartment considering labour costs must be low. does anybody else have any thoughts on the issues raised?

dave

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
29/04/2007 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 128 in Discussion

Hi taxidave

Try logging onto the turtle bay village owners forum at:

you can chat to other owners and get advice/tips.

The landscaping is not being done until the end of this summer as it will be too hot to put new plants in and grass etc so they are waiting until it cools down - I think October was mentioned.

The people who have just completed in the leisure zone are only paying half of their management fee of £20 a month until August and then I believe it will be £40 per month. As far as we are aware it has never been £60. In our contract it states £40 until March 08.

And am not sure about football pitches?? I dont think there are any but there is going to be mini golf (which is virtually next to our apartment), tennis courts, basketball court, restaurant, beach bar, cafe, gym, hair and beauty salon, mini market, launderette.

They have chosen a management company (although the name of it hasn't been disclosed) and you should have received an e-mail about this stating that there is no joining fee and that you are only tied into a contract with them for (and dont quote me on this) 2 years.

Hope that is of some help to you. Please join the forum though as its very useful and you will get to know some of your neighbours.

All the best

Nicky

judge

Message Posted:
30/04/2007 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 128 in Discussion

hi toon army, sounds like the builders are ahead of schedule,which zone are you in:? im on the beach, and have heard no completion dates yet. have a nice time over there. judge

judge

Message Posted:
30/04/2007 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 128 in Discussion

hi boredhousewife, the colony sounds really nice. i am still awaiting a completion date for the apartment. what happened to the hyatt managements scheme, and who will be running the new scheme? regards judge

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
30/04/2007 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 128 in Discussion

Yes The Colony very nice and fantastic breakfasts!!

Were you not copied in on the e-mail about the Hyatt Group? Apparently they needed (I think) at least 100 members to join in order for the scheme to run but not that many people joined. The fee was something like £700 to join and you were tied in with them for at least 5 years and I think that put people off a bit. Anyway they have a new company (name not known yet) and you dont have to join and are only tied in for 2 years instead of 5 which is a bit better. We aren't going with it as will probably only rent to friends and family only.

ttoli

Message Posted:
30/04/2007 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 128 in Discussion

For linwoodmo, Sofa's give Burhans a try, custom made to your measurements and a great choice of materials .

They have one shop next to the green Garden Centre 500 yds past the Jasmine Court going towards Karaganalu.

Learn from my mistake though Leather sofas in the summer are a little bıt sticky!!

judge

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 128 in Discussion

hi bored housewife, when this company were in discussions with the hyatt group ,the publicity was tremendous. hence they increased the price of the properties. this new company has been kept well under wraps . all sounds a bit parochial to me. sceptical as ever . judge

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 128 in Discussion

Perhaps someone should e-mail the sales office to find out who the new management company are. We wont be joining in the scheme as we want our apartment to be "ours" and furnish it how we want to, but nevertheless I am sure someone knows who the name of the company is. Have you joined the owners forum yet? Quite a few people have joined now and its great talking to neighbours.

judge

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 128 in Discussion

hi bored housewife. yes i agree, somebody must know about the new management arrangements . should i get in touch with M.I.6 or INTERPOL.? by the way have you purchased some nice furniture, can you recommend any one . regards judge

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 128 in Discussion

Hi judge

I dont think either MI6 or Interpol would be much cop - I'm sure one of us TBV owners might be better!!!!!! Perhaps I will be bold and e-mail Elina later!

As for furniture we bought ours from Joan Gillin - http://www.frankandjoan.com . Joan has been excellent. You order through her, she has it delivered to hers to check over then once the apartment has been cleaned she installs it ready for your use and at no extra cost - she gets her commission from the suppliers. She even sent us some fabric samples for curtains and took photos of the fabric samples for the sofas and chairs. She's been excellent. If you get in touch with her please mention my name - Nicky Tomlin. She can also arrange taxi transfers from the airport for you and other services. She also passed me on the details for someone who can do snagging for us. I would 100% recommend her.

What apartment do you own Judge?

ttoli

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 128 in Discussion

if they work anything like my Apartments, once they have sold all units, then the management company make themselves known as otherwise how would they split the fee's.

sun & sea

Message Posted:
04/05/2007 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 128 in Discussion

Toon Army

Just found this website - hi to all. We are also going out to Pia Bella, same dates, perhaps we would meed up (if you get this on time). Our property is in the lesiure zone, and ready. Get keys on Monday. Sun and Sea is all I can think about. If you want to meet, give me your surname and I'll track you down through reception. See you in the sun.

judge

Message Posted:
04/05/2007 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 128 in Discussion

hi bored housewife, thanks for the contact for furnishings, joan sounds just the person to perform the dreaded curtain task. what a relief''''''. hopefully you can pluck up the courage to contact comradski elina at the barracks. once the barbed wire and scaffolding have been removed .i will be interned at cell block 23 beach zone. by the way any relation LILY. regards judge.

Toon Army

Message Posted:
04/05/2007 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Sun & Sea there are 4 of us going out ,the surnames are Fletcher & Roddam ,we will be around reception 10.00am on Tues(8th) as we are picking up our hire car.

May see you there.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
05/05/2007 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Judge

Had this response from the sales office:-

"As soon as all the marketing materials are finalised and the principal contract with all of the conditions ready, we will be letting everybody know the name of the management company.

Best regards,"

That's fair enough really I think.

Richard

Message Posted:
06/05/2007 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 128 in Discussion

Hi All.

Just returned from taking possession of my apartments. Handover and snagging were no problem and everything was done in a very professional manner.

Managed to play a round at the golf course which I can only describe as fantastic. The quality of the course will play a big part in the rental demand of Turtle Bay Village.

If anyone would like some pics of the course or of my block - block 2, please drop me a line.

Many thanks

Richard

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
06/05/2007 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 128 in Discussion

Yes please would like some photos - unless you post them for all to see on the TBV owners forum!

Thank you

judge

Message Posted:
08/05/2007 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 128 in Discussion

hi bored housewife, well done for getting a response from turtle bay .cannot wait to see if this new management company tick all the boxes. regards judge

saint

Message Posted:
09/05/2007 01:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 128 in Discussion

Hi, my husband and i we bought apartment 1 block2, anyone near us? I had Lesley from Vision to furnish our apartment for everything i would certainly recomend her.Hopefully to start letting it in a week or 2. we are coming over in September.

saint

Message Posted:
09/05/2007 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 128 in Discussion

Has anyone found out if the tv arials are been up or when? Is it joined thing or do we get our own?

saint

Message Posted:
09/05/2007 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Richard, WE are in block2 Apartment1, have you sorted tv arials, we still waiting to hear, as our apartment is nearly furnished

missymongrel

Message Posted:
10/05/2007

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 128 in Discussion

I was going to buy a property with Turtle Bay and they introduced me to Terry Hamilton - lawyer - have any of you guys used this lawyer and do you recommend the practice?

Cardiff Copper

Message Posted:
10/05/2007 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 128 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just found this site. We've bought one of the villas being built alongside the development but two friends have bought in the leisure zone in the 40's so will pass on the details of this site to them. We don't expect to be finished until Oct time and were out there at Easter. The site is coming on really well but beaches still pebbly. Had a couple of meals at the Golf Club and it was sumptuous with good service and nowhere near UK costs. Don't play the sport but the friend's who did said it was a good course but grass a bit thin in places.

Does anyone know any of the other Villa owners as I was looking to start a group up to link in with pool cleaning etc as we're not covered for this in the management fee.

Thanks

Dancer

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 128 in Discussion

Hi we are purcahsing block 6 apt 2 Leisure zone, we are hoping to complete July/August. As quite a few of you seem to be going out this month, can you place any photos on the site for us to view.

Does anyone have window sizes for blocks 1 to 6, if so would like to have these?

Thanks

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 01:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 128 in Discussion

Try e-mailing elina at the sales office - she should be able to give you window measurements.

Regards

Dancer

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 128 in Discussion

Thanks for this information, will do that.

Regards

Anne

katia

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 128 in Discussion

Hi, We have just purchased an apartment from turtle bay. We are very pleased with the team and development. Quite new to all this(this is our first purchase abroad). Can you please give me the details of Turtle Bay Village forum?

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 128 in Discussion

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 128 in Discussion

Dancer - have you joined the owners forum - check the website I gave to Katia

Regards

Nicky

sun & sea

Message Posted:
12/05/2007 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 128 in Discussion

Hi everyone. Just back from TBV.

The development looks great with a good build standard and Kensington are both helpful and friendly to deal with. Couple of points / observations

1. The apartments get a buildersclean but not a sparkle clean which takes a bit of the shine of it. We suggest that you arrange this with Ali who does the snagging with you for £100 Sterling ( most people want paid in Sterling as the value is stable )

2. The desalination is built but not operational until July but they fill the water tanks from water lorries in the mean time. The water pressure is not great but the shower was fine. We did have an issue with the hot water supply but they fixed it.

3. Electricity is not a worry as you need the first bill from the electric company before you transfer the supply to your name.

4. We were the only people staying in the development and it does feel strange as the street / path lighting is not complete and the workmen are working on blocks nearby

5. Kensington do not deal with Continental estates, allegedly as Continental have used the Turtle Bay prefix to other projects suh as heights, cove, bay etc. when they have no connection to TBV. Kensington feel that these projects are not as good quality and are built by Santa Fe.This explains why the site photos have not been updated.

6. The pools in the lesiure zone are currently being chemically tested and will be ready in 2 weeks time.

7. Buying kitchen appliances, plates, pots etc and furniture can be bitty as they don't have one or two stores that provide these. We bought some stuff however ended up using Yasmin Blue Door Co. Very good however can be pricey. Just be careful what you order.

8. There is a scottish run small hotel in Esentepe (the Esentepe Village Hotel) food excellent. Would be interested to hear of other recommended restaurants.

9. The Management Company is called Areol (I dont know how to spell these names). The man in charge is Ari. He is currently working on a few different packages for our perusal. He will send these out when ready. He mentioned that they will provide services alot cheaper than Hyatt. He used to work for them however has now moved on.

10. It is recommended to have a will to ensure the property does not go to the TRNC govt. in the event of death.

Took possession in Block 11, if anyone is near us drop me a line. We learned alot in our visit so if anyone has any questions we will be happy to answer them if we can. The complex when finished will be stunning, of that we are sure.

sun & sea

Message Posted:
13/05/2007 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 128 in Discussion

Forgot to mention that Kensington are looking at satellite options which may include a Sky based option or the local Digiturk which has BBC Prime, BBC 24, Eurosports and various others including a couple of American entertainment. They are keen to avoid a lot of satellite dishes spoiling the look of the project and are investigating communal dishes.

From what i understand the Turkish terrestrial channels are not upto much

teamkit

Message Posted:
14/05/2007 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Sun & Sea

we too have just returned fromTBV, we are the couple in block 5, and am sure you are the couple we kept bumping into - almost literally in Kyrenia!

hope you had as much success as we did in our hand over and have dried out, poxy weather!!

sun & sea

Message Posted:
14/05/2007 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 128 in Discussion

Hi teamkit,

Yes we are the couple you met. Our apartment had water streaming in under the door as a result of the 'tropical storms' as they were called. As you were the ground floor, did you have similar problem?

teamkit

Message Posted:
18/05/2007 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 128 in Discussion

hello sun & sea

no water under door but damp patches on walls, mostly around windows. going back over on 24 june with mastic gun.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/05/2007 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 128 in Discussion

That's not good news hearing about your damp patches!!!! Surely that shouldn't be happening??? We own in block 27! Just waiting to hear about a completion date.

So did you buy your electrical goods - i.e. microwave, kettle, toaster etc from Blue Door? And if so how much were they?

Thank you

sun & sea

Message Posted:
19/05/2007 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 128 in Discussion

We bought a Chrome kettle at £40 and a chrome toaster at £20. We did not buy a microwave. Some things were reasonable and other things were expensive. We selected what we thought was reasonable. A curtain pole in chrome for above the patio doors was £135. Wooden pole £92. Quite difficult to bring one over in the plane though. Blackout roller blinds were also quite expensive. If you decide to buy some things on your own over there, then remember to haggle. Bigger things usually will get 10% min off the asking price or perhaps more. Kyrenia is crying out for an Argos a one stop shop for most things. Anything else just ask.

sun & sea

Message Posted:
19/05/2007 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 128 in Discussion

Sorry I should have mentioned these were the prices for Blue Door.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
19/05/2007 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 128 in Discussion

Thanks Sun and Sea for that info. Those prices dont seem too bad for the kettle and toaster. Might buy though when we come out. We have bought all our bedding in the UK and other bits and pieces - just a bit worried that I have bought too much though and will have a job getting in our suitcase!

sun & sea

Message Posted:
20/05/2007 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 128 in Discussion

We took over bedding but you should check the sizes of beds that you order as we have found out through Blue Door that their standard double is our kingsize so check dimensions as we got caught out with this.

We got everything ( from furniure, curtains & blinds, cutlery, tv, patio stuff ) for appprox £5500 for a 3 bed apt. I'm sure you could get it cheaper but we found it less hassle using a designer who installs it. In terms of quality, you get what you pay for.

Patio furniture, tv and stand were bought separately as these were a bit pricey.

irishvixen

Message Posted:
25/05/2007 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 128 in Discussion

Hi we have bought in block 12b No 3. We are from Northern Ireland with 2 kids.

Hopefully we are staying at Riverside in July to go to site and see whats gone on. Has anyone any new photos of the Village? Want to get sorted while there with furniture has anyone bought from Homefront there 3 bedroom/Dining/Living room packages start from £1950 http://www.homepack-interiors.com/

sun & sea

Message Posted:
25/05/2007 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Irish Vixen,

You can ask TBV to photograph your apartment and the pool/surrounding areas and they will send them to you via e-mail. They are only too happy to oblige.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
25/05/2007 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 128 in Discussion

Hi IrishVixen

Please look at message 42 above from me. We are next door to you!. Please join as it has been very useful to talk to other owners on the site. This site is also very good for lots of information. I use both regularly!!

Hope to see you in the summer!

Regards

Nicky

irishvixen

Message Posted:
26/05/2007 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 128 in Discussion

Yes got some pics of apartment from Elina just wanted to see if anyone had new photoes of the outside on site thats been completed and released. Last time we where there was July 2006 and I would like to see some new photoes

cozza

Message Posted:
26/05/2007 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 128 in Discussion

new to this site we have bought plot 19b

how do i look at recent photos etc

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
26/05/2007 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 128 in Discussion

You need to join this website and become a member and you will see lots of up-to-date photos of various areas/golf course etc - TAKE A LOOK - http://groups.msn.com/turtlebayvillageowners . Cozza you are in a nice spot - just looked at our site plan and you overlook the sea!

cozza

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 128 in Discussion

i have tried clicking on the link you gave me boredhousewife but "page cannot be found" comes up

what am i doing wrong

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 128 in Discussion

I will speak to Martin who set up the forum and tell him and will get back to you.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 128 in Discussion

Try taking the full stop off the end of the link. it comes up with a login and password box.

MC

cozza

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 128 in Discussion

thanks for the help i have now managed to access the site.

cheers

jemjem

Message Posted:
27/05/2007 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 128 in Discussion

hi bored house wife, this is julie great time on friday night, and good to meet someone who has brought in turtlebay, i tried the email address you gave me for the owners club but could not get on . jemjem

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
28/05/2007 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Julie

Really nice to meet you too! We didn't get to bed until 3am!!! Very bad hangovers on Saturday!

Try the link below. I think I may have put a full stop at the end of it so try this instead. If you have no luck e-mail me at home and I will see if I can get you on another way.

Try this - http://groups.msn.com/turtlebayvillageowners

Nicky

murciaman

Message Posted:
01/06/2007 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 128 in Discussion

hello toon army....

great to hear about the turtle bay development and your positive experiences....i must admit the Esetepe area looks the part...just far enough out to get the feel of the unsecluded beaches but near enough to drive to Kyrenia and Famagusta....

check out my site at http://ncypruscalling.moonfruit.com .....im offering FREE advertising FOREVER for the first 50 ads jsut to get the site up and running.. im posting more and more links each day so as to get the site google listed etc...tell everyone you know about the offer..ps i may be looking for a discount to rent your property in the future ..cheers and happy holidays

Bill Ncypruscalling.....PS can we please have Michael Owen back? Assume you are a regular at St James Park??

Toon Army

Message Posted:
05/06/2007 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 128 in Discussion

Tried link to your site could'nt get on.

What's your site all about.

Not much info on your posting.

By the way Michael Owen stays ,as I have said to my wife many times over the last 15 yrs .This is Newcastle United's year and he is in our plans.

As I now live in Barnsley, dont get much chance to visit St.James on a regular basis but I get up there from time to time.Follow them through TV and the papers.

curls

Message Posted:
17/06/2007 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Toon Army

Are you our neighbours. We are at 28 a 02

Have you visited Turtle Bay yet?

Theresa and Ian

Toon Army

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Theresa & Ian

Yes I think we maybe neighbours as we are in 28B apart 3.

We went out in May & we are going back out end og Aug,

Have you been on Turtle Bay village onwers site look at message no 5 on this message from bored housewife there is a direct link.

There is lots of info plus photos of our block that we took when we were there in may.

Are you upstairs or next door to us?

Have you been out there yet?

John & Christine, Keith & Lynn

mancity

Message Posted:
07/07/2007 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Boredhousewife

Recieved your email on my hotmail address. await your reply to my email.

please let me know if you have not received this as seem to be having a few problems.

Thanks

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
07/07/2007 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Mancity no I have not received a reply from you unfortunately. Please could you re-send to my e-mail address.

Many thanks

BHW

mancity

Message Posted:
19/07/2007 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 128 in Discussion

Help

Having a few problems trying to get hold of keys to our apartment to have it

mancity

Message Posted:
19/07/2007 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 128 in Discussion

Hi All

Having a few problems trying to get hold of keys to our apartment to have it

cleaned and furnished before we arrive on 10th September.

Has anybody got any suggestions how we can go about this, we completed 14th April but as yet not been able to get out.

Please Help

Thanks

Geraline & Kev

millzer

Message Posted:
19/07/2007 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 128 in Discussion

Mancity. Have you snagged your apartment yet? Have you asked the management co if they can arrange a clean & deliveries? Bottom line is It looks like you are going to have to pay someone to do this for you.

mancity

Message Posted:
20/07/2007 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 128 in Discussion

hi milzer

Tried emailing but they are being returned as mail failure.Also phoned several

mancity

Message Posted:
20/07/2007 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 128 in Discussion

tlephones numbers and cannot get through.

Do you have any email addresses or telephone numbers I could try.

Cheers

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/07/2007 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Geraldine

Are you still trying to get your keys? What sort of problems are you having? Have you contacted Kensington Group or Sales Office at TBV??

Regards

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/07/2007 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 128 in Discussion

P.S. Meant to say - did you know its a holiday in Cyprus today so that is why you may not be able to get through to Sharon Management although Sales Office was open as I had a few emails from them and from Kensington Group.

mancity

Message Posted:
21/07/2007 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Nicky

I have emailed again yesterday so hope will get a reply next week. But if

we have to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights it's not a problem.

Just going to chill in get into the slow pace of life ......

Thanks for all your help and hope to meet you when you are out there.

Regards

Geraldine

smoggyjim

Message Posted:
21/07/2007 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 128 in Discussion

I have bought a villa from Turtle Bay in February it is good to hear that they are reputable, mine is on a new phase past Turtle Bay Village towards Esenteppe, has anyone else bought one here.

mancity

Message Posted:
21/07/2007 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Nicky

Sent you another email don't know if you have seen it yet.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

truffles

Message Posted:
14/08/2007 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 128 in Discussion

Can anyone help:- I have tried to register on the turtle bay owners site on groups.msn.com/turtlebayvillageowners , but no answer to my registration?! We bought last year and now have possession in block 53. Would like coments from other owners.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
15/08/2007 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Truffles. You now have access to the forum. Apologies for any inconvenience. Please would you be kind enough to fill out your details in the owners section on the left hand side of the screen.

Many thanks

Nicky

teamkit

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 128 in Discussion

hi every one

just thought id let you all know, we have just had our first real holiday in our apartment - block 5. we completed in may,and although have made small trips over to sort out furniture etc, had not actually stayed in our place.

we had two glorious weeks, and to put every ones minds at rest, if you do find any little snaggs in the apartment, they are very quickly dealth with. although the site still has some way to go until its finished we had a fantastic time although you do obviously need a car until on site facilities are available.

hope every ones first holiday is as brill as ours.....

regards

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 128 in Discussion

Hi teamkit

Did you know there is an owners forum? From having a quick look at all the owners on the forum I can't see that you have joined. Its very useful and you will get to meet your neighbours!

teamkit

Message Posted:
06/09/2007 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 128 in Discussion

thanks boredhousewife i will have a look tonight can you send me a link or the owners site address.

teamkit

Message Posted:
06/09/2007 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 128 in Discussion

boredhousewife i have just found a link through previous messages, have signed up and am waiting for my approval e-mail hopefully i will be up and running later on today!

Sunseeker

Message Posted:
10/09/2007 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 128 in Discussion

We are in 7 28b and just got back yesterday from doing the snagging.

I would highly recommend Kay Hewson-Morgan of yazadehouseinteriors.com for fabulous curtains and blinds. She has been on the island for 20 years and gets great deals and provides an individual touch. She offers furniture packages and makes sure that all sofas covers can be removed and washed!

Highlight of our holiday was seeing baby turtles hatching and going down to the sea at Alagadi (Turtle) Beach

marshy

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 128 in Discussion

Hi board house wife,we have bought in TBV we in blok1 no 1, just got back, trying to find forum, but dont know what im doing realy can u help. cheers lesley

Bob / Anne

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Sun & Sea

We have just returned back from TBV, we took possession furnished the apartment and stayed there for 2 weeks. We went to the electric company and changed the name on the electric meter from Kensington to ours. Once they activated the account, we went back a week later and put 50YTL, for the 1st bill arriving, this way we hopefully will not get switched off, whilst we are back in the U.K.

Cheers

Block 25B / 04

dodger

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 128 in Discussion

are you happy with your purchase.

Bob / Anne

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Dodger

Yes over the moon with the place, it will be a good holiday home when the facilities are complete. Kensington told me that it will be complete by March '08 and looking at the complex that certainly looks feasable.

Bob.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Marshy and Bob and Anne

Marshy if you want to join the forum go to groups.msn.com/turtlebayvillageowners and you will need to create a username and password and then go through the instructions. Bob and Anne - are you on the forum? I think you may have been there when we were there - were you driving a silver peugeot? We had a white Corsa and were in the opposite block - 27. We had two boys with us!

Bob / Anne

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Boredhousewife - yes that was us with the silver peugeot, we saw you and the family out on the patio on the evening, any tips for the mossies, as they tortured us.

Rgds

Bob.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
01/11/2007 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Bob and Anne! The mossies ate me!!! I was pretty sad one day and counted how many bites I had and it came to 64!!!! We then went to the chemist and bought everything to keep them away - sprays, coils that you could burn on your terrace, mossie plug ins, wipes - you name it we bought it and from then on they went away!!!! Hope you enjoyed yourselves! Are you on the owners forum?

Regards

Nicky

PAPA13

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 128 in Discussion

Hello all

Just found this after all this time 8-)) And have joined the other forum.

I have two in block 47, I went over 3 times last year to have a looky, And mine was up as a shell ( should be finnished in April ) in sept, So I was quite pleased to see it, It was a pile of mud and a red flag last time I looked at it.

Made some local freinds there, So just like home... But with good weather/no crime AND YOU CAN SMOKE .......Bliss

jeremy

Message Posted:
02/03/2008 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 128 in Discussion

Hi to Dancer. Looks like we are neighbours. I am in block 06 01. Have you been over lately? I went out with my family in August 07. We stayed at the Vouni in Kyrenia.

We also managed to get a round of golf . Regards Jes.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
02/03/2008 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 128 in Discussion

Jeremy are you on the owners forum?

Dancer

Message Posted:
02/03/2008 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Jeremy

Nice to hear from you. We were out in September and Nov last year. We are out again end April, end June and Sept for 2 weeks. Hopefully we will bump into each other sometime this year.

Where in the UK do you live?

Regards

Anne & Pat

jeremy

Message Posted:
03/03/2008 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Anne & Pat.

Believe it or not we live about 30 miles from Manchester. Going out in August for two weeks & October for a week .

Kind Regards Jes

jeremy

Message Posted:
03/03/2008 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 128 in Discussion

Hi, I'm not sure. I've been on that many sites, filling in details etc. It's taken me months to find this one again but now I have I hope to keep in touch with you all.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
03/03/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 128 in Discussion

Jeremy please read message 82 for the details of the website - you will be able to chat to over 100 owners on there!

geordie kings

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 128 in Discussion

hello toon army geordie paul hear owner of kings bar turquoise bay just to let you know that all newcastle games on at bar big screen and lcd.

geordie kings

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 128 in Discussion

dont forget all newcastle games on at kings bar big screen and lcd

andysue

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 128 in Discussion

hi geordie kings.ive nothing against your team but you know you must make shure you satellite system receives championship games next season because thats were they will be playing . ps do you show all mighty man u,s games regards andrew

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 128 in Discussion

geordie kings - all the best with the bar. I hear its quite popular already.

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
26/03/2008 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 128 in Discussion

Hello TBVs.

In reply to the Mossie problem, I thought I'd seen something earlier. This is what Suntanman said: 'Avon skin so soft dry oil body spray, it's the one in the green bottle 'soft and fresh' NOT the red/pink one.

I swear by it, and every time I am abroad I end up giving a bottle away to let people try, and everyone has comented how it really works'.

Another contributor recommended the blue one.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jo

saint3

Message Posted:
26/03/2008 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 128 in Discussion

Hi,We have a ground floor 3 bedroom apartment at Turtle Bay Village fully furnished all mod cons eg TV,DVD. Dishwasher and WashingMachine.If you are interested i could rent out.If you are interested e-mail me on Clarisse@01604.co.uk

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
26/03/2008 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 128 in Discussion

Clarisse - you make me laugh!!! You get everywhere advertising your apartment!!!! Best wishes

Toon Army

Message Posted:
26/03/2008 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Geordie Paul,

Glad to hear you now have Newcastle Games on the big screen.

Just in case you did not recognise us, we are the couple that came out in February when it was Paula's birthday and our son Joe helped you.He was up at Newcastle and went to St Jame's on Saturday when they bet Fulham.

Say Hi to everyone and we will see you all in May when we are back over

JOHN & CHRISTINE

boxerbabe

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 128 in Discussion

Where can I buy Avon products out here in N. cyprus please

Pipie

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 128 in Discussion

Hi John Chirstine .

Did we share Bellapais taxi with you when we arrived at Ercan back in Feb?

Toon Army

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Pipie

Yes thats us.Hope you are keeping well.We are back over in May.

When are you next out?

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 128 in Discussion

Hi Boxerbabe

I know there is an agent selling Avon. I think they are in Lapta area. I'll try to find out and let you know.

Karen

djnic

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 128 in Discussion

Hi bored housewife, my name is david nicholls and i have purchased in Block15B appt3,{next to the outdoor fitness area}, My partners name is Alison and we would like to join the Turtle Bay Village forum.

I am told that you can arrange that for us,

Regards David.

djnic

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 128 in Discussion

Hi my partner djnic {david nicholls} has just registered and i am an AVON Rep in UK, sure we could work something out to supply you.

We own Block15B Appt3 Turtle Bay Village,

My e,mail is ali_23uk@yahoo.co.uk

my mobile is 0044{0] 7738986485

regards Alison

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 128 in Discussion

Hi David and Alison

Am I right in thinking you have now joined the owners forum? I was just about to send you the link but read your last message.

All the best with your apartment!

Best wishes

EricaJ

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 128 in Discussion

Hi there

I'm just in process of buying on Turtle Bay (hopefully)! I've applied to join msn forum but not had a reply yet. Not sure if I did it right, but it won't let me try again. Any ideas??

Thanks

Erica

Trishybabe100

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 128 in Discussion

Hi

I have applied to join the owners forum - am in the process of buyin in TBV. Can you please authorise my request. Ta

Pipie

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 128 in Discussion

TOON ARMY

We are out in May will you Email me please abkellis@hotmail.com

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 128 in Discussion

Erica and Trishybabe - think Bev who does memberships is on holiday at the moment - back next week.

Pipie

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 128 in Discussion

Cheers boredhousewife

djnic

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 128 in Discussion

No have not managed to get on the turtle bay village owners forum, have tried, registered with msn etc but no luck, PLEASE help.

Regards David Nicholls and Alison Block15B Appt3

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 128 in Discussion

David it may be that you have registered OK but are waiting for your membership to be agreed by Bev. Once she has asked you the necessary questions you will be granted access to the forum. She is back this week so hopefully can sort you out then.

ronaldo

Message Posted:
20/04/2008 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 128 in Discussion

David

confirmation that bev is definateley on hols at the moment I spoke to her last Sunday as she was flying out to TBV on the Monday morning sure she will sort this out when she gets back p.s if you want up to date info email me at ronaldo6953@tiscali.co.uk

regards Ron

charlie15

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 128 in Discussion

Hello Everyone

We supply everything you will need to turn your house into a home.We have many completed show houses, which we will take you to view, where you will be able to see the high standard which we work to. With over 25 years experience in Northern Cyprus we work with major suppliers and manufacturers.

With your ideas and budget in mind, furniture, curtains, linens, white goods and kitchen accessories will be sourced. Styles & prices to suit every budget & use.

You then arrive to a fully furnished and equipped home ready to enjoy your holiday.

Contact us for a chat about your requirements. Many referances available. 0533 848 2052

jock1

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 128 in Discussion

Do you have a web site charlie15

catwoman

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 128 in Discussion

many people offer the same service and many offer the garden and house maintenance as well we use one in Bacheli and they are great, we left them to get our curtains fitted, a/c units fitted etc and they done it all at cost because we gave them the maintenance on our villa at £40 month, they even got us a good discount because we were quoted more than double by a friend of the barmanager of our local for the same work

Great service all round

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.