North Cyprus Tourist Board - land for sale
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > land for sale

land for sale

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

murat

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

17 donum land ıs for sale in Iskele Bogaz (bahceler)

muratbahadir77@hotmail.com

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
04/03/2008 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

What type of title does the land have and is there electricity and water nearby?

Karen

torres

Message Posted:
05/03/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

trying to email you offline not getting much joy

murat

Message Posted:
05/03/2008 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

ıts TMD title and the power and water is to close to the land

davidoff

Message Posted:
05/03/2008 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Hi all,

Isnt TMD- Turkish military land??

Ive heard many a timesbefore- be careful with this title its risky??

JamesB

Message Posted:
05/03/2008 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Probably as much in dipute as exchange Davidoff!

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
05/03/2008 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

TMD was always considered to be the more risky type to buy as this was land given to the Turkish mainlanders to coax them into settling in Cyprus.

Karen

murat

Message Posted:
07/03/2008 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

I am not understan why the TMD title is risky. most of the lands in norh are TMD. and also lots of people bougt the houses in north cypruswhich is tmd title.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
08/03/2008 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Murat

I understood there were three types of title, Pre-74, Esdegar (Exchange) and TMD. When we were looking to buy land we were advised the first one was the most secure, the second was "safe" but the third was not classed as exchange so to buy with caution.

Have I been misled?

Karen

glencoe

Message Posted:
08/03/2008 03:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Karen,

Murat's reply isn't quite accurate, this topic has been debated many times and your assessment is more to the point, TMD is Turkish mainland deed land which was usually gifted to people.

Something else people who are thinking about buying a parcel of land should think on is that Foreigners cannot legally own more than one Donum as individuals

pilgrim

Message Posted:
09/03/2008 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

probably not the best time for trying to sell TMD land, with rumours of settlement talks taking place soon and the subsequent uncertainty of compensation outcome.

AbbyG

Message Posted:
09/03/2008 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

This topic is very interesting to me as I’ve just returned to Libya having put down a deposit on one donum of TMD land near Bogaz. Although I was (am) nervous about the purchase I’ve been advised that a lot of big hotels and many developments and houses have been built on TMD land and if there were any disputes in the future it would be a problem that the government would have to sort out, and TMD land is therefore considered as safe to buy as exchange land. I am however a little nervous and have to accept that if I purchase TMD land then any future settlement plans may have serious implications for me. Surely there will be just as many disputes over land title deeds in the south should a settlement be reached and the whole mess will take many years to resolve – by which time I will hopefully be long dead!!!!! My thinking on this subject is if the TRNC government issues title deeds on TMD land then they will have to sort out any compensation issues should a settlement be reached. Am I being too naïve, do you think? I’ve also heard that Larnaca airport is built on Turkish Cypriot land, and I imagine the Greek Cypriots will have to fork out a HUGE sum to hold on to that very profitable land.

I guess at the end of the day it’s a gamble and I would love to hear any comments/thoughts from other forum users on this subject, especially ukturk if you read this.

Cheers, Abby

Bradus

Message Posted:
09/03/2008 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Abby,

this topic has been debated so many times. In truth no one has a crystal ball and we therefore don't really know what the outcome of any land disputes will be. Initially it started with don't buy anything other than pre 74 as this is the only title deed 100% secure. Then when the pre 74 land had nearly all been built on and sold, it was "exchange" is now safe. More recently TMD land has hit the market with the TRNC stating that they have now grouped all deeds under the heading of TRNC Title deeds so all are safe. Who knows what any settlement would include? Do you truely think the Turkish/TRNC government would pay any settlement to the GC's? They are not exactly proactive in helping the Brits and TC's who have been swindled out of their life savings by corrupt officials and builders are they? I personally would not put any money on them standing the bill. Perhaps EU as part of any settlement would give financial support? Britain has stated that people knowingly buying properties owned by GC's will have to deal with the consequences of their actions. So no help there! My guess and this was formed after speaking to some very honest TC estate agents was to expect to pay some compensation. Hopefully this will be at 74 prices with inflation being taken into account also. You really have to put this into prospective though, where else in the Med could you buy an apartment or villa for the price you will have paid? Also any settlement would result in value increases. So what you pay out with one hand, you will still get back. My advice put a little money away should the day come when you need to pay out. That might be years away though. Only you can decide if the risk is worth taking.

lovelife

Message Posted:
09/03/2008 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Abby

See http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/1629.asp

We have decided to put some money aside just incase we need to pay any money in compensation, although the Property commission may well pay out compensation as read on the above thread, I suppose it depends on how many GC's will claim compensation and what the expense will be.

LL

pilgrim

Message Posted:
09/03/2008 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Abby,

Sorry to raise your concerns.

Obviously you have to compare risk to price paid, if you buy TMD land it should hopefully cost substantially less than pre 74 therefore you have a saving which could offset any future compensation claims if they indeed ever arise.

Personally I think the property issues will be the major obstacle to any settlement and it will not happen for the foreseeable future.

Bradus

Message Posted:
09/03/2008 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Just read on the HBPG minutes from thier last meeting, that ptp is not being granted to Brits buying pre 74 turkisk title deeds. So who knows what title deeds are the best Abby?

If there is anything reliable about this government it is their ability to confuse everyone.

AbbyG

Message Posted:
11/03/2008 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

pilgrim:

I'm very happy that posts like these make me think long and hard about what I am doing, even if the information IS difficult to hear!! So keep on giving your advice and putting your thoughts out there as it adds to the mix and I for sure am grateful for all the information I can get.

Bradus:

I have read your comments with much interest and am still trying to get my head around the compensation issue. For example, if I buy the TMD land, and at the moment it looks like I'm going ahead with my plans, then I'm planning on leaving the land as is for a couple of years, and then when I've saved enough money I will build a small bungalow. If I had to pay compensation, would I only pay a percentage of the price I paid for the land, OR, after I've built on it would I have to pay a percentage of the land and the property on it??? Does anyone know the answer to this please..... I REALLY need to factor in to my overall costs the amount I should put away for any future compensation costs. Maybe I should be asking my solicitor this???

lovelife:

Thanks for the link. Am reading everything I can lay my hands on at the moment to help me make an informed decision. Have even just printed off a lot of information from the TRNC Prime Minister Property Information Office's website (although going by the way they seem to keep moving the goalposts I wonder if this is a waste of time) AND the HBPG website which I will read over carefully tonight.

Aussie

Message Posted:
11/03/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

As I understand it the main reason TMD land is considered more risky than Exchange in the event of a Cyprus settlement, is to do with the likely compensation process.

With exchange land in theory the first Turkish Cypriot owner after 1974 gave up to the TRNC government what was assessed to be an equivalent value of land in the South. In theory all the land and properties would be pooled and sold or exchanged in the event of settlement to compensate the prior Greek Cypriot owners (such a manner was proposed in the Annan plan). Of course this is the idealised process and you could naturally argue about values and fraud where people claimed they owned more land than they did in the South etc., but the basic principle seems reasonable given the circumstances post 1974.

With TMD land there was no property given up in the south and therefore is nothing to be sold or exchanged to compensate any Greek Cypriot claims.

As a layman I would assume that the compensation bill on TMD land would have to be very much larger as you would have to pay the full amount without any offset from land sales in the South. You would have to hope that someone else i.e. the TRNC government, Turkey or the EU helped with the payment.

Logically TMD land is less easy to defend morally in a settlement as the original owners weren't refugees leaving the South and didn't lose any property.

Of course since the Annan plan was rejected by the south all views of the likely compensation process are at best a guess and of course the ROC hotly disputes Exchange title as well.

nicole

Message Posted:
29/09/2008 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Murat, what is the price per donum ?

marinaandbrian@cyprus.com

PtePike

Message Posted:
29/09/2008 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Msg12: "Surely there will be just as many disputes over land title deeds in the south should a settlement be reached and the whole mess will take many years to resolve."

Why? Whoever can prove ownership of property as of July 1974 is the holder of the legal title, anywhere on the island.

ataturk

Message Posted:
02/10/2008 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

I have to laugh when reading these posts. In my opinion there is no need to worry because the situation does not look to be resolved in the near or distant future.

I think that TMD or Esdeger there is no difference both are in dispute by the greeks and they want it back, however any solution would probably mean compensation paid by the government europe or america. I have never heard of a situation where the landowner has to pay compensation this sounds ridiculous. Think of the situation everybody would be in greek, turkish or british if they would have to pay compensation. I have property on esdeger land and am not in the least bit worried in fact I would be happy if there was a solution as my properties would be worth considerably more.

I know many companies who have bought large chunks of TMD all over Cyprus. I personally dont think there will be a problem but to some people it is of concern.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.