North Cyprus Tourist Board - Kyrenia - Good restaurants to eat & Markets??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Kyrenia - Good restaurants to eat & Markets??

Kyrenia - Good restaurants to eat & Markets??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

Jaydoh

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Me again being a pain but have heaps of questions to ask before next week.

Kyrenia??? Good places to eat??

Markets - we arrive Weds and dep Weds so inbetween markets would be good i.e Thurs to Tues.

Thanking you all in anticipation

Jay x

pilgrim

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Nazimes excellent opposite the Dome Hotel down near waterfront.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

I think you mean Niazi's Pilgrim.

Where are you staying Jay and what sort of food do you like?

Unfortunately, the main market in Kyrenia is the Wednesday market which you will miss! There is a small market in Lapta on Mondays selling fruit and veg, clothes, plants, etc. There is a craft type market at Carpenters and Pegasos in Karaoglanoglu on Friday starting at 10am - 1pm I think. Similar crafts, clothes, rugs, food, etc markets at Tolga's in Karsiyaka and Chateau Lambousa in Lapta on Saturdays. Again both start at 10am.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Ok I've just seen in another thread that you are staying at the Ship. I would recommend Bizim Han restaurant which is kind of opposite the Ship heading towards Kyrenia. Great Cypriot/Turkish food very reasonably priced. Also Oleander in Karaoglanoglu which is Indian/European. Again very good prices and a great curry. If you like fish I would recommend either Guler's Fish Restaurant for a Cypriot fish meze or Messina which is more upmarket and European style dishes. Both also do meat and both are in Karaoglanoglu which is only 10 mins or so from the Ship heading West. There is also a Chinese opposite the Ship (China Garden or Chinese House). The food is good but it is quite pricey.

So many restaurants, so little time!

hammer

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

niatzis 1st class

peanuts great outlook and value

mollys for breakfast teas and the like near the pia bella hotel

4 brothers to sit outside at marina and watch the world go by

ces88

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

hammer, do you mean the 6 brothers? If so, would recommend it too.

briggus

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Try the turkish quarter in Girne -if you want some decent reasonably priced Turkish dishes.

HarryHornet

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Hi jaydoh

try the archway 5 mins away from the ship inland you will probably need to book go for the meze you will not be disappointed

harry

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Ambience - Karaglanglou (think I spelt that wrong). We ate there twice last year and was fantastic - great food and great staff - will definitely be going back this year (lots!!!)

stevie-d

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Try Address in Karaoglanoglu,Veni Vechi in Lapta, Halfwayhouse on the right halfway up to Karaman. Hachi Ali in Lapta.

stevie-d

pilgrim

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Thanks, joandjelly thought spelling it didn't look right.

regards

p

Izzet

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

i recommend pasha restaurant in bellapais.

see my blog post i did last year on this

http://www.cyprus44.com/blogs/2007/01/lahmacun-is-soo-delicious.asp

joandjelly

Message Posted:
10/03/2008 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

I would second the Turkish Quarter in Girne. Beyti at the top of the road is absolutely fantastic value for money and you get heaps of food. They serve a huge array of kebabs and other dishes. Always packed with locals. Also at the bottom of the road (high street end) there are a couple of restaurants on the left-hand side serving what I call "point and eat". Basically they have trays of different hot dishes (meat, vegetables, etc) and you point to what you fancy then go and sit down and they will bring it to you all plated up with rice, salad and bread. Again it's as cheap as chips and a great way to sample the local cuisine.

Bilko

Message Posted:
11/03/2008 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Sorry to be pedantic on first this post, but, Beyti, good as it is, is not in the Turkish Quarter. Also, there are numerous cases of overcharging there, so check you bill against the menu (keep on your table). It's open 24 / 7.

The Turkish Quarter is behind the telecommunications office, east of the main road twixt the Colony Hotel and Hirondelle (Lefkosa) roundabout. There you will find Chopsticks (Chinese), Sele (European) and Efendi (pricey, but the best there is, especially for Sunday Lunch), plus lots of local kebab houses and coffee shops, bakeries, butchers and craft shops including an excellent picture framer. Finally, on the edge of the Turkish Quarter on the main road mentioned above and behind a filling station / Pacific Car Rentals is The Old Grapevine, still one of the best eateries in town, but closed on Sundays.

Bon apetite

joandjelly

Message Posted:
11/03/2008 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

You're right Bilko Beyti is actually in Tin Pan Alley. It is only just over the road from the Turkish quarter though!

jacko

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Hi Folks

Whilst you are recommending could you tell me places to eat near to sempati hotel

jacko

fastclick

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Nazi's is well known for good food, but watch em ! I booked one evening for 8 they kept me waiting on a bench at the back. Then I saw that they were filling tables with people who came after me because they were gropups of 4-6, rathewr than just my partner and I.

Fair enough if i had just walked in off the street, but having booked-well I have'nt been there again.

Anyway what is it with Nazi's that the punters are allowed to park outside on the doudle yellow's-Giving the police a bung ?

Tolga's in Karsiaka is too far out and is'nt what it used to be-The best market - apart from the main Girne municipal- has got to be the Chateau Lamousa on Saturdays-Something for everyone in an ambient atmosphere.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Regarding Tolga's market. Unfortunately, the person who originally started the market moved to Chateau Lambousa and most of the stall holders went with him. As a consequence, Tolga's market will move to Sundays with effect from 6th April. Hopefully this will benefit both customers and stall holders alike.

Places to eat near Sempati Hotel - walking distance:

Sevkets - traditional Cypriot food

Silver Rocks - International cuisine right next to the sea (closed for the Winter I think)

Asmali's - traditional Cypriot food

Places to eat near Sempati Hotel - short car journey:

Cano's (Karsiyaka village) - traditional Cypriot food plus great Tandoori chicken

Sirin Yali (Karsiyaka sea-side) - traditional Cypriot emphasis on fish

Haci Ali Hotel (Lapta strip) - kebabs/international

Veni Vichi (Lapta Strip) - Italian

Cafe Sera (Lapta Strip) - pizzas

Hillside (just past Lapta strip) - international/kebabs

All of these are very close to the Sempati but there are lots more restaurants in Lapta and Alsancak.

Manglewort

Message Posted:
18/03/2008 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Anyone tried this restaurant in Karsiyaka? Good/bad/pricey?

http://www.kozan.co.nr/

maggie

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

haci Ali's restaurant by Celebrity's excellent. Also new italian restaurant facing Haci ali's.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.