North Cyprus Tourist Board - Police Reference delay hence Permission to Purchase application delay
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Police Reference delay hence Permission to Purchase application delay

Police Reference delay hence Permission to Purchase application delay

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

AbbyG

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

I cannot apply online for a Police Reference (according to South Wales Police website) I have to do so in person, and as it will be 3 months before I am able to return to the UK to do this, it means a delay in applying for my Permission to Purchase, which takes long enough as it is. I’ve been reading a lot recently about PTP not being obtained and all the new hassle with certain title deeds not being issued and I’m already forcing myself to stay positive about my (probable) purchase of 1 donum of TMD land. I'm currently at the stage where I've paid a deposit and am having the sales contract drawn up by solicitor, but I need to be confident that I'm aware of any pitfalls that could come up BEFORE I sign on the dotted line (so to speak) and pay all my money for the land.

Can anyone foresee any problems if I go ahead with the purchase, pay for the land, and then wait at least 4 months before I even apply for PTP? (Apparently it takes 40 days for the Police Reference to come through, hence the 4 month delay in applying for PTP.) Will this delay cause any consequent problems with title deeds being issued, or can anyone foresee any other possible problems I could be causing myself further down the line with this delay, or am I just being paranoid?????

Can you tell me roughly how long it takes for PTP to come through, and I’d particularly like to know, from anyone who has purchased TMD land, how long theirs took to come through and if there were any problems.

Cheers

Abby

Colliedog

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Abby,

Type in PTP in the search box above click on search and you will see other threads on what others are saying.

Regards

Colliedog

rtddci

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Why does my heart sink?

Martin

Newboy

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Abby

I would contact the Police again and explain your immediate circumstances, or contact your local Poice at home for them call and speak to someone to verify your address and possibly give them a copy of your passport. I certainly would not be wanting to wait 3 mths. Explore every avenue you can think of, even phone them to save time. No problem is insurmountable. Keep trying and put the pressure on them to help you.

Ray

AbbyG

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Newboy:

Thanks for your suggestion, will try and speak to someone in person to see if there is any way around this. Cheers

rtddci:

OMG. My heart sank reading your reply. Please tell me your thoughts, as this is the reason I'm posting my worries, I need to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm a big girl, I can take it, so please put in writing your concerns as I really really want to make an informed decision based on as many factors as I can get. I don't want to be in a position some time down the line where I say "I wish someone had said that to me earlier".

Cheers everyone

Abby

rtddci

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Abby

I will mail you direct.

Martin

Gooses

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Hi - Not sure why you have to apply in person as we did everything through the post and it went through to a central point in London - National Identification Service - their tel no is 0207 2302958 so might be worth giving them a ring to se if they can help

paul90

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Abby - where is your UK home address - is it in South Wales?

If so then go to

http://www.south-wales.police.uk/fe/master.asp?n1=2&n2=66

and download form F337 which you need to complete and post to them.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

I was told only last week by west yorkshire police that the report can only be obtained by applying online.

Get to the form by going thrugh the data protection link

joandjelly

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

AbbyG have you been told by your Advocate that you must provide the police reference before he/she can apply for your PTP? As the process involves more than just the police check surely they can put in the application and at some point you provide the reference. Bearing in mind it can take 2+ years for PTP to be granted I don't see why this wouldn't work.

andysue

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

ive posted this on the forum before but ill explain how easy me and susan found it again. after returning from north cyprus in november and decideing to buy at sweetwaterbay we went to our main police station in wigan and asked for the forms we were charged £10.00 for each.we returned a few days later with them filled in the officer at the desk checked them and said we would hear something in 6 to 8 weeks. a week before we went back out to north cyprus in early feb we recieved our clearence certificates.we took these to our solicitor naomi mhemet who kept the originals and gave us photo copies back . i know it aint quite so simple for everyone. regards andrew

spook

Message Posted:
12/03/2008 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Abbey

If you log on to your local police net site it should enable you to download an application form which you can complete and send with cheque to the address indicated, i dont think that your local police will be able to help you all records are housed at a central office, my ref came back in approx 3 weeks, you could try enclosing a letter explaining your circumstances, but i would think that this may fall on "deaf ears".

What does your advocate say, my understanding was that you could make an application now for PP and forward this doc later once you have a ref number,irrespective of your being able to inc this doc with your application i cannot see your getting PP as quickly as you appear to need it, i bought in sept 2004 and i am still waiting.

good luck

AbbyG

Message Posted:
13/03/2008 08:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

paul90:

Many thanks, have downloaded form and will get one of my colleagues to post it when she's on home leave in the UK in a couple of weeks. It will have to go via my brother because the identification documents needed to accompany the form are kept with him at my permanent UK address.

Now that I've taken the time to read the police website information slowly, I see that in my panic yesterday I must have zoned in on the sentence "We are unable to accept completed forms by email or fax" and incorrectly assumed that I had to go in in person, so I'm glad that's sorted!

My solicitor has told me he cannot start the PTP process until he receives the Police Reference, but now I know I can do it by post there won't be the delay I was dreading.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Abby

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
13/03/2008 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

My solicitor told me a police report was not essential for PTP but it 'would help'

rtddci

Message Posted:
13/03/2008 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

I was told it was essential. Left hand, right hand ...

Martin

McSteviet

Message Posted:
14/03/2008 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

The police forms are essential to the whole process. They will not process them without.

We got forms from our local Police Station and submitted them to the address provided and paid the money and in a few (probably 6) weeks time we got them back.

No problem

MC

larry f

Message Posted:
14/03/2008 00:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Just on this subject ,

when I applied for police clearance here in Ireland I was told that they don't give it to individuals only to companies regarding employees etc. I had to go to my local police station and they gave us a hand written statement saying we had no convictions against us. I have sent that to our solicitor but don't know if it will suffice. Has anyone else come across this?

Larry

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.