North Cyprus Tourist Board - mould and damp problems in villa or house
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > mould and damp problems in villa or house

mould and damp problems in villa or house

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

just out of curiosity does do any owners have problems with green damp mould caused by heat and humidity in their

homes or is it just the rental properties that suffer when they are left closed up all the time.

would an air brick or similar be a solution and does anyone know best preventative treatment

thanks

roisin

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Depends which rooms are affected. Bathrooms - open windows as much as poss. Mould on ceilings - check roof for leaks(winter).Get roof repaired and wipe mould off with hot soapy water. Some people use hot water and bleach. Bottom of walls - check outside- move anything that is up against the walls - plants too close or boxes,old piles of bricks etc.Inside, move beds,tables etc,away from the walls if u can to help air circulation. If it is just heat and humididty then airing is probably best and maybe the airbrick.

ROBIN HOOD

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

My opinion is that it is the lack of rainwater goods, poor quality outside paint and no damp proof course. The rain in winter runs off the roof get blown onto the wall, the wall soaks up the water which over a period of time seeps downward until it hits the house base plate. Then it starts to try to find a way out, Internally through the plaaster, efflourescence and mould and externally by "blowing" the cheapo paint off the walls causing unsightly blisters and flaking. Seems it comes with the property. "Standard fit", so to speak.

Hatty

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I suspect it is mostly down to lack of ventilation if the property is left closed up for any length of time.

Wiser

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I have had bars added to the bedroom and kitchen windows. They are not in your face so you do not feel that you are in prison but you can then leave windows open to air the property. I work and leave all my windows open all day safe in the knowledge that I will not be robbed but the house is aired.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

good answers thanks to all

Pogle

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Use the de-humidify function on your aircon. It s cheap to run and helps.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.