North Cyprus Tourist Board - esentepe progress
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > esentepe progress

esentepe progress

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Esentepe Village in North Cyprus

» Korineum Golf Course, Esentepe, North Cyprus

taxidave

Message Posted:
14/04/2007 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

hello, we have a property on turtle bay village, which is due for completion in july. we have not been to north cyprus since feb 06. can anyone tell me whether there are any bars, restaurants, shops etc. in Esentepe? Has anybody visited any other developments i.e. Seaterra to use amenities, or is this not possible? Just wondering what to do while we await Turtle Bay to be fully up and running.

millzer

Message Posted:
15/04/2007 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

There are some shops in Esentepe village where you can buy most of your everyday essentials. They are also reasonably priced. You can even get petrol in the village from the one pump petrol station (lovely chap) there is a small 'yapi market' (hardware/diy store) and one or two other shops.

As far as restaurants go there is the 'Tumba', Rosie's, and Esentepe restaurant in Esentepe. Turning right at the bottom of the hill there is 'Alkan' holiday village, and a little further on, the 'Antique'. Some of these places look less than inviting!! But........ eg, Rosie's looks nothing from the outside, just a load of plastic tables in the open air under a large rattan type covering, but we had a wonderful meal there recently. The meze was so good and they just kept on coming with more and more, and fantastic value too. So don't limit yourself by overlooking these places or you will really be missing out!!!

The new Korineum Golf & country club is also on your doorstep, and you can just turn up there and eat (at the moment!!) Opulent is an understatement, and again we had a fantastic 'to die for' meal the other night and were the only ones there!!...... Unbelieveable!!!!!! You may well have amenities planned on Turtle Bay, but I would bet that once you've tried some of the other places you won't be eating 'on-site' much!! That's the great thing about North Cyprus, from the many little family run eating places where they produce lovely good value food and really appreciate your custom, to the new Golf club where you are treated like royalty!!!! Try them all and you'll soon find out your preferences. Enjoy.

We have an apartment at SeaTerra Esentepe but the complex is gated and not open to non-residents. Hope this has been of some help.

taxidave

Message Posted:
15/04/2007 06:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

thank you for reply, looking forward to going to the golf club. the clubhouse on there website looks great. what i wanted to find out though, is esentepe going to be the main area in north cyprus, because when you look for property in north cyprus most developments seem to be around esentepe, there was very little there fifteen months ago when we were there. is it now built up around there?

millzer

Message Posted:
15/04/2007 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Yes I'm sure you will notice a difference after 15 months. I'm not sure that Esentepe is going to be THE 'main' area area in north cyprus as such, as there are also other areas where there is a lot of building going on also, such as Tatlisu and Bogaz. For me though Esentepe has the advantage that it is an already established village, and there is no doubt that it is up and coming with a lot of building going on. Couple this with the fact that less than 5 mins west is the new golf course, and 5 mins east will be the new Port Cyprium marina, then Esentepe being slap bang in the middle can only benefit, and will certainly be an area where there should continue to be a good level of investment and expanding infastructure. There is the danger that in time it could end up being over developed, and personally I am happy with it the way it is, but that's progress I suppose.

I forgot to mention in my last post that another excellent eating place is the Esentepe Villa Hotel, which is halway up the hill. It is run by a scottish couple (Greg & Margaret) and is open all day to non residents serves wonderful meals, or just drinks if you want to stop off for a pint.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
15/04/2007 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Hi taxidave

We too have bought on Turtle Bay Village and there is now a residents forum - hope this is of some help to you - see link below.

http://groups.msn.com/turtlebayvillageowners

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.