North Cyprus Tourist Board - Villa Auction (Potential) Front Page News in Cyprus Today
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Villa Auction (Potential) Front Page News in Cyprus Today

Villa Auction (Potential) Front Page News in Cyprus Today

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

WildOlive

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 00:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I believe the front page news of todays edition (Weds) of Cyprus Today is about the potential auction of the whole of the Sun Villas development in Catalkoy.

I am a purchaser on this development and I would be very grateful if someone would be kind enough to scan and send me the article to enquiries@wildolivevilla.com

Thank you

Neil

WildOlive

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I haven't recieved a copy of the article from anyone, so I just wanted to be sure that I have been given the correct information.

Could someone reply to confirm that the potential auction of the whole of the Sun Villas development in Catalkoy, was in front page news in yesterdays Cyprus Today please?

I would also be very grateful if someone would be kind enough to scan and send me the article to enquiries@wildolivevilla.com

This dispute over money, between the landowner and ex-building partner, which has been ongoing since the early 1990s and around 10 purchasers (British and Turkich Cypriot) are 'caught in the middle' of this dispute, including ourselves.

We are trying to prevent this development going auction, if we succeed this could set a presedent for other developments where 'innocent' purchasers are caught in the middle of disputes e.g. landowner has mortgaged the land without purchasers' agreement etc.

Thanks again

Neil

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Neil, yes the story was on the front page and page 4 of wednesday,s Cyprus Today. There wasn't really much more than you have outlined already, except the builder said that him and the homeowners were going to apply to the court to try and delay the auction.

Once his villas and plots have been sold he will be able to pay back the money. He also said that he was contacting the government to try and arrange a bank loan so the debt can be paid and you can all have your deeds.

Sorry, scanner not working at the mo.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Here you are: -

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3348/3660013656_7a8029f62c_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3570/3660013660_b01fd19445_b.jpg

If you can't read the parts in the grey boxes, it's about the plans to make it illegal to serve legal papers from the South in the North.

Keith.

WildOlive

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Jacktheladett and Keith

Thank you very much.

Neil

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.