North Cyprus Tourist Board - Freemasonry in Northern Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Freemasonry in Northern Cyprus

Freemasonry in Northern Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

MimoMar

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 189 in Discussion

When you look at threads such as:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/11949.asp

To what extent has freemasonry infiltrated Nothern Cyprus - Cyprus 44?

No doubt, it's good for fundraising/charity but is it good, with so many in such a small community?

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 189 in Discussion

Can't tell you....It's a secrete

Tiggy

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 189 in Discussion

I need some masonary repairs. are they really free?

racoonchic

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 189 in Discussion

idverymuchliketoshakeyourhand

nurseawful

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 189 in Discussion

Maybe the guy that was in the paper last week with the goat knows something ..................

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 189 in Discussion

MimoMar,

Fremasonary is illegal in the TRNC so to answer your question, it has not infiltrated at all.

There are however many Freemasons that I have come ascross but what makes you think that this should be "a problem" ?

canyavuz

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 189 in Discussion

Freemasonry is not good in ANY way or size. Especially when you consider the people who were/are part of it.

George Bush for one, and shockingly, Ataturk was also a Freemason.

Not to mention many of the high ranked Israeli officials.

They all mean trouble.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 189 in Discussion

Canyavuz,

As a 24yr old you obviously know NOTHING about Freemasonry, political views and opinions along with religion are not discussed or even mentioned in Freemasonry and are taboo. You have pulled 2 names out of a hat there, and for what reason, eludes me. However I could mention many , many prominent names from throughout history , from all walks of life, that would probably amaze you but for the sake of this thread turning into a slanging match, I would suggest that you do a little more digging before coming out with comments like this. For instance, check into the Millions of pounds that Freemasons give to charities every year and then perhaps come back with a more true evaluation of Freemasons.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 189 in Discussion

For Canyuvuz and any other interested party. Just a few :-

William "Bud" Abbott Famous half of the Abbott & Costello comedy team

Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin Astronaut. Second Man on the Moon

Louis Armstrong, Jazz musician

Gene Autry, Movie and television star

William "Count" Basie Jazz orchestra leader and composer

Robert Burns, National poet of Scotland

Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

William F. Cody, a.k.a. Buffalo Bill,

Nat King Cole pianist and ballad singer

Samuel Colt manufacturer of Colt revolvers

Jim Davidson. British comedian

Jack Dempsey, heavyweight boxing champion in 1919

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle British physician and author, creator of Sherlock Holmes

King Edward VII, King of Great Britain,

King Edward VIII, King of Great Britain

Gustave Eiffel, Designer and architect of the Eiffel Tower

Sir Alexander Fleming, Nobel Prize winner (Medicine

J. Edgar Hoover, First Director of the FBI

Jesse Jackson, US Civil Right

MimoMar

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer, it was noted in the original post - "No doubt, it's good for fundraising/charity"

The question is - "is it good, with so many in such a small community?"

It is illegal to hold meetings but that doesn't mean that Freemasonry has not infiltrated North Cyprus - Cyprus 44.

Looking at the Members that posted in the original thread:-

Witchfinder, Bilko, Ozbey, Glencoe, Enrico, the Butler, Swyflot, Newlad, Rtccdi, Cyprustom, Janjin, Britvic, Fredred, Maningi Pusa, Waddo, Guinness, Arthur, Bear 1, No1Doyen, Rod28, Waerytravellers, Pearlbayer, Viking, Keithcaley, Kitty Kat Jac, Wynyardman, TheSaints, Mountainedge, Mishmash, Cyprusishome, JimmyG, Briano, Deccanddy1, Coachy, Eager, R.C.T.Man., Dekski........................

I'd say that there are a lot of members who are Freemasons - maybe not all the contributors, but is this good in such a small expat community?

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 189 in Discussion

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Audie Murphy, One of the most decorated United States combat soldier of World War

Arnold Palmer, Professional Golfer

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, husband of Queen Elizabeth

Mark Twain, American author

John Wayne, American actor

+ Numerous Politicians from numerous Countries, too many to mention.

Interested to hear your comments on these.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 189 in Discussion

Mimomar,

Living in and holidaying in TRNC does not mean that the TRNC is infiltrated (infiltrate - enter a group or organization in order to spy on the members) Come on get real. You have mentioned approx thirty odd people there ,out of the thousands that have come to love this part of the world. Surely this means that we have same views as yourself....

If we are fund raising etc why can there be too many ? Sorry but do not understand your train of thought..

Arthur

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 189 in Discussion

Adolf Hitler wasn't a freemason- in fact he persecuted them. Adolf [by most standards was "a bit" nasty]- does that tar everyone who isn't a freemason ?

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 189 in Discussion

Arthur,

And your point is ?????? The thread started, are there too many Freemasons in this small society ?

My answer: If fund raising, how can there be too many.

The relevance of Adolf Hitler ??????????????

Brinsley

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 189 in Discussion

I prefer to wear shorts, the thought of walking about with rolled up trousers especially in this heat doesn't quite appeal to me!

Richard

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 189 in Discussion

This is the Oath:

First the Worshipful Master says to the candidate:

"I now present my right hand in token of friendship and brotherly love, and will invest you with the grip and word. As you are uninstructed, he who has hitherto answered for you, will do so at this time."

The Worshipful Master of the lodge then has this exchange with the Senior Deacon, who is standing next to the candidate, who is still kneeling at the altar, after have assumed the obligation of this degree:

Note: In the following discourse WM stands for Worshipful Master, and SD stands for Senior Deacon.

WM: Brother Senior Deacon.

SD: Worshipful Master.

WM: I hele.

SD: I conceal.

WM: What do you conceal?

SD: All the secrets of a Mason in Masonry, to which this token alludes.

(At this time, the candidate is shown the grip of an Entered Apprentice)

WM: What is that?

SD: A grip

WM. Of what?

SD: Of an Entered Apprentice.

WM. Has it a name?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 189 in Discussion

SD: It has.

WM: Will you give it to me?

SD: I did not so receive it, neither will I so impart it.

WM: How will you dispose of it?

SD: Letter it or halve it.

WM: Letter it and begin.

SD: You begin.

WM: Begin you.

SD: A

WM: B

SD: O

WM: Z

WM: (Directing his words to the candidate): "Boaz, my Brother, is the name of this grip, and should always be given in the customary manner, by lettering or halving. When lettering, always commence with the letter, "A".

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 189 in Discussion

No 1 D, and your point is ?????

This ritual is different in many Lodges but again the relevance to this thread is NIL. Suggest as an Admin you close it as it's going no where

Brinsley

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 189 in Discussion

Bring back the Knight Templars!

Richard

Littlenige

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 189 in Discussion

now they were crusaders

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer, message 18. The thread is about Freemasonary. As you politely pointed out in your messages 9 and 12, you listed famous people who were freemasons. I stated the Oath in messages 16 and 17. Wheres the difference in your post and mine?

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 189 in Discussion

No 1D .

The difference is in mess 7 , two names were quoted along with Israeli officials and my reply to this was that he had picked random names out for some reason ? I then quoted other famous people for no reason other than to show that Freemasonry is diverse and spead across all walks of life.

The thread is NOT about Freemasonry in general but as per first thread "too many in a small community"

I think I answered each question relevantly without going of on a tangent and quoting Masonic Ritual.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 189 in Discussion

Msg 9. Jim Davidson may well be a freemason.....he certainly ain't no comedian.

I was asked to join back in the mid 80's and turned it down.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer. I had assumed that the question that was being asked was - were there any Freemasons who were members of this forum - Cyprus44.

If I have misinterpreted the question then I am happy to close the thread if it has no consequence.

waddo

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 189 in Discussion

Msg 23 - for what reason?

Msg 1 - I fail to see why there is so much worry over Freemasons and to even consider that having "Too Many" in such a small expat community seems just a trifle silly to me. Maybe you have not understood what WWW stand for and still think that cyprus44.com can only be seen by people in the TRNC! Trust me, there are many Freemasons in the rest of the world.

Msg 1 - Infiltration? What do you mean by infiltration please? You make it sound as though you are under attack!

Msg 6 - Are you positive that Freemasonary is illegal in the TRNC, after all the laws here are based on the old British system of law and Freemasonary has certainly never been illegal in Britain?

There always seems to be a general fear or worry over Freemasonary that I have never been able to understand, it is a society with secrets, much like the Labour Party - Oh, now I see why you are all worried!!!!!

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 189 in Discussion

Waddo,

Re Msg 6, It's not Freemasopnry as such that is illegal but I do believe any private meeting consisting of more than 6 people (again unsure of the actual number) , for Military purposes, is deemed illegal. I'm sure there are more knowledgable members on here who can confirm this.

Yes you are also right that it is a Society with secrets but not a Secret Society. A subtle difference

loslobos

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 189 in Discussion

There is a Lodge Meeting at the Mon Amour Night Club, this Saturday at 11.30pm, dress is optional.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 189 in Discussion

Lodge no and name please Rob ??? Think there's a little joke in here coming........

loslobos

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 189 in Discussion

Lodge number 69, Karsiyaka Rumpo-pumpo

MimoMar

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer: Personally, I think that the charitable work that is carried out by Freemasons is fantastic.

As Freemasonry is a 'secret' 'society, membership, (whatever it is) I think that it is fair to use the term 'infiltrated.'

As the Freemasons in the other thread were posting so openly in their secret code, I don't think that it is unreasonable to bring this discussion to the forum.

I am told that Freemasons are obliged to look after the interests of their 'brothers,' I don't think that it is unreasonable therefore, for us all to make ourselves aware, whether there is a disproportionate number within the expat community here, and on this forum, and whether this may have an affect or, worry anyone.

It is noticeable that certain members don't seem to want to get involved in this thread which I suppose I can understand, (secrecy etc.) but please, don't post in one thread in your secret code and then ask for a thread to be closed, when someone raises a ligitimate question.

waddo

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer,

Maybe we should start another thread then? Do you think that the number of darts teams in such a small ex pat community is a good thing?

Based on the number 6 such a meeting must also be illegal as they are actually practising with weapons as well!!!

Just see how things can get out of hand when groups of people have strange symbols to look at (dartboard) and funny words to explain things (okey) and have to learn certain rights and sayings - such as "Its a three dart finish with the bull counting as a double" ( a double bull - whats that??) or one hundred and eighty, said with a raised voice at the end in a high pitch.

I find it worrying that such groups may wish to infiltrate ten pin bowling teams or even organise events through cyprus 44.

Spooky!!!!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 189 in Discussion

RE msg 30, MimoMar > don't post in one thread in your secret code and then ask for a thread to be closed, when someone raises a ligitimate question. <

=> It was not my intention to join this thread, but you got me really interested with the quoted words above. Can you explain please? Thank you.

MimoMar

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 189 in Discussion

DutchCrusader, I was being polite in using the term 'secret code' - I could have just as easily used 'jibberish' or, 'nonsense' which is how it must have appeared to anyone reading it (who isn't privy to the secrets or, code, whatever it is)

The North East Corner: "Were you ever placed there?"

"From the North East Corner did any of you progress to the East?"

"from April I will be sitting just north of the east. Progressing nicely"

"Good luck on your travels, may you never be placed so perilously again, if you had it would you give it ??"

Do I need to go on?

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 189 in Discussion

D Crusader, no I didn't understand that either and Waddo I said secret meeting. Secret being the operative word. Don't think darts and bowling fall into that category.

Mimomar, I don't think you will find one Freemason on here that isn't wlling to stand up and admit Membership of a Lodge and the secret code that you mention is NOT in fact secret code but is part of our rituals (which are based on the original Masons meeting when travelling about a Country doing their job of work). There are many books available which go into great detail about the ritual and only the Handshake and Passwords are kept secret for the benefit of Freemasons distinguishing themselves from imposters. If you wish to learn of these books , feel free to ask and I'll point you in the right direction if you are truly interested.

Try The Hiram Key to begin with

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 189 in Discussion

Perhaps The Brotherhood:The Freemasons are the world's best-known fraternity. Famous for their secretive nature and impressive roster of historical members, they are often regarded as a sinister force operating behind the scenes. Some dismiss them as a group of old men who dress up to play games and indulge in a convivial dinner. Others believe they are a corrupting network of avid nepotists and political dabblers, pulling society's strings for their own dark ends. This is a long way from the Order's original reputation as a force of enlightenment, social responsibility, and scientific awareness. Behind the rumors, hearsay, and façade of secrecy, Freemasonry resonates with a beautiful tradition of philosophical symbolism. The journey through the degrees of Masonry is the journey through life itself. Written by the grandson of a very high-ranking Mason, The Brotherhood is a fascinating look inside an enigmatic institution. Starting with the visible structure of international Freemasonry

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 189 in Discussion

and the myths and legends that surround it, the book moves on to examine the true meaning of Freemasonry—its mythological and real history, its social context, and the symbolism and philosophy that illuminates every aspect of the Craft, with a look at the current state of Freemasonry today.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 189 in Discussion

Thanks, MimoMar. All clear now.

Tootie

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 189 in Discussion

Your all well out of date!!!!! and obviously most know nothing about masonry!!!

Tootie

Brinsley

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 189 in Discussion

I like the idea of msg 29, soixante neuf, takes me back to those heady days of Serg Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin! Though Karsiyaka a little too far to get to!

Richard

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 189 in Discussion

Thank you too, Pearlbayer, for the time you took to inform us. Nothing new for me, to be honest, because I read about Freemasonry and its vague origins - just because of my interest in the (Crusading) Knights Templar. I'll keep my verdict of any form of old and new Freemasonry to myself.

waddo

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer,

I stand corrected. However, I think that a lot of missunderstanding stems from the word "Secret". It is true that Freemasonary is a Society with Secrets and not a Secret Society - to explain this is simple, if it were a Secret Society then nobody would have heard of it as it would be a "Secret".

Additionally, freemasons meet on regular occasions and the dates of such meetings, along with the place of the meeting are public knowledge - or at the very least not secret. The meeting itself is held in "Closed Session" in much the same way as legal meetings (probably a bad analogy there) or management meetings etc, etc. I suppose you could say that what goes on at such meetings is "Secret" but no more so than any other meeting held in closed session. On that basis alone I do not think that Freemasonary would be illegal within the TRNC but I shall inquire into this possibility.

Harlequin

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 189 in Discussion

http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/

Harlequin

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 189 in Discussion

http://secretsofthemasons.com/index-bonus.html?gclid=CPT038-vtZsCFcIUzAodhxZ_QA

spider

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 189 in Discussion

I know a few Freemasons.Lapta Larry being one...yep nice man.and my brother In-law out for all he can get.and an Ass.of a man i knew once left his Case,his silly Hats.and Books at my place.and you guessed it.I read the lot......

Your Never a Mason Till your a Man....That goes to show that these so called Males are just trying so very hard to be a man....and the ones that i have met.so far.have NO CHANCE...

Spider,X

littlejohn

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 189 in Discussion

Well said Tiggy message23

Tiggy

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 189 in Discussion

waddo, msg 25.

My local used to let the masons use it's room upstairs for meetings on a monday night. A real strange bunch coming and going. I knew a few that were friends with my now ex father in law and I used to take them to lodge party's etc and got on well. I was flattered that I was asked but I had no need to try and further myself within the society. The majority of those I met were brown noses and bores.

I agree they do a lot for charity and it is just a big boys club.

"So moat it be"

canyavuz

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 189 in Discussion

pearlbayer, message 8

Are you saying that the Bush family are not Freemasons? Because if you are, YOU SERIOUSLY LACK knowledge yourself.

Do some research mate.

Do you even KNOW what Freemasonary is all about? Why it was initially set up and WHY people choose to join?

It's a very simple question

MimoMar

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 07:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 189 in Discussion

No-one seems to have addresses the main issue raised in this thread so, let me put it in another way.

My understanding is that Freemasons use their network of brothers to pull strings that others can't, sometimes, regardless of what the law or, other rules and reglations may say:

http://www.scandals.org/articles/swg2511a.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/scandal-link-to-masons-in-nhs-724599.html

http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/true_blue.html

http://www.ibrattleboro.com/article.php/20070104175707770

Does it concern anyone that there seems to be a disproportionate number of Freemasons in Northern Cyprus - Cyprus 44

briano

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 07:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 189 in Discussion

There are as many conspiracy theories about Freemasonry as there are stars in the sky; let me tackle the most common; that people are members for business advantage - or to have good relations with the Police (given that many Police Officers/judiciary are members).

I would not deny that motivates some to join - although is is disapproved of; but the reality is that you are more likely to want to work or do business with someone you have met or with whom you have an initial assumption of honesty.

However, let us take Freemasonry in the RoC; I would guess 80% of ex-pat members (who make up the bulk of Masons here) are retirees and certainly not in the Police force. They join for various reasons: the social side, for self-development and to make a contribution to the local community. 'Business benefit' is certainly not the reason.

If you want to learn more about Freemasonry; check out http://www.cyprus-freemasonry.org.cy

briano

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 189 in Discussion

canyavuz MSg 47,

No I am not saying Bush wasn't a Freemason, I took great lengths to show you that a vast cross section of life are involved in Freemasonry.

Yes I do know what Freemasonry is about as I have been one in various degrees for 15 years. Yes I do know why it was first founded but only through vast research by knowledgable scholars.

People join for various reasons,mine was to do my bit for charity and for social reasons although I cannot speak for others.

For a young lad of a mere 24 years you seem to have a very distorted view of Freemasonry and I wonder where you have done your research. A few tabloid articles and watching episodes of Morse does not constitute research I'm afraid sunshine.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 189 in Discussion

Think you hit the nail on the head too Briano

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 189 in Discussion

Spider,

Oh well , if you can stoop as low as going into someone's private brief case and reading the contents of it, then it is pretty certain you don't have the upright qualities necessary to become a Freemason.

spider

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer.....Yes i had stooped to the low of looking into his Private brief case.this was after this person had bought Drugs......INTO MY HOUSE. and had became ABUSIVE....AND HE WAS THROWN OUT, yes i said OUT.....

and this Type calls himself a Freemason....You Know nothing of me or the situation,...My post was to State that i had met three men that were Freemasons,and i have attended plenty of their functions, and the three i have met were NOT the Type i would call a MAN....I am married to good man.that had no interest into the Freemasons.and he was given the chance...Freemasons are out for themselves and each other,thats the name of the Game..

Have a NICE DAY...

Spider,XX

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 189 in Discussion

Strong accusations Spider,why did you allow him back in your house if he had been using drugs , why didn't you tell the police ??Thats the correct thing to do. I know for a fact that if any members of his Lodge knew , he would have certainly been thrown out for sure.

As a female I'm afraid you have only attended social functions and you say PLENTY of them. If you don't like the type of people, why did you continue attending ?? I'm afraid 3 men out of the Millions who are Freemasons is not a fair cross section for you to make a judgement.

I'm afraid in all walks of life there will be " black sheep" but the main thing is to weed them out when found.Looks like you shirked your responsibilty there.

You too have a nice day.

PS The use of capitals when not necessary in grammar is taken as aggresive on most forums. Have a drink and chill out spider.

spider

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 189 in Discussion

I DID , and the police were involved....and he was not thrown out....anyway who know and who gives a ****...

I FOR SURE DO NOT MIX WITH THE TYPE,THAT ARE OUT FOR THEMSELVES....give me the Round table Folk,....

You may drink at this time of the day....but HAY.!!!!!!!!

and thank you for the information on Forum Typing,and grammar....SOOOOOOOOOOOO what..Hay i am just a SPIDER.XX

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 189 in Discussion

Tut tut , manners !! Sure you HAVEN'T BEEN DRINKING.

AA

spider

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer....Give over.life is fantastic,enjoy it,each and every day,god bless.

Spider,x we may meet one day.!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyLynnW

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 189 in Discussion

Being a Freemason is not a secret nor is it a secret society. If it was then the telephone book would not list the address and telephone number of the lodge.

If it was a secret society then there would not be the regular articles in newspapers showing members of a lodge presenting a cheque or item to a local charity.

There is no influence to be gained by being a mason other than you get signed in at a golf club for a visitors rate when your lodge ( if its a golf lodge) meets there !

People would, if they went to one of the open days at the lodge and saw the temple and met some masons, feel quite let down. No grand wizzards, magic, satanic worship, burning stakes or masked people. Its nothing more than a social club.

The female lodges are the same.

There is no power sharing agreements done behind closed doors, although some of the handicap reductions based on one medal score are outrageous, I mean every player has a good round but three shots ......

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 189 in Discussion

Cheers Andy thought I was on my own for a minute. Probably get accused of closing ranks now................

Cyprusraider

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 189 in Discussion

Anyone fancy setting up a Lodge of Instruction? Taylor's workings preferably

MimoMar

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 189 in Discussion

AndyLynnW - No doubt, there are good and bad people in all walks of life.

I don't think that it is stretching the realms of possibility to say that a sizeable percentage of people become Freemasons to gain an advantage of some sort or, another.

Sure, we all know that Freemasonry exists but you can't say that Freemasonry is not a secret society, that is the reason for the handshake is it not, to weed out the 'imposters' (Pearlbayer)

The original group on the original thread don't seem to want to get involved in this discussion, they seem to want to keep it a secret.

I think that there is a disproportionate amount of Freemasons amongst the expat community compared to the UK for example and that people should be aware of this and be careful what they say to whom, both on this bulletin board and in person.

Who knows how many local people of influence have been recruited into the 'ranks' and what strings could be pulled when the 'ranks' close (Pearlbayer)

Cyprusraider

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 189 in Discussion

??????????????????????????

witchfinder

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 189 in Discussion

Avery quick reply from me, as I was named as "one of the ones" who don't speak on this thread. Some of us work for a living so cannot spend all day on the PC. Also as for holding "secret" meetings if you only google freemasonary you can quite easily find out what goes on at the meetings.

For my pennies worth I regard the society as an excellent way to do charitable work and for social reasons. Perhaps the "masons" should publicise the often vast sums of money they give to causes around the world instead of just donating it on the quiet.

MimoMar

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 189 in Discussion

Acknowledged the charitable work and donations in message 1.

Moderators, I think it is time to close this thread as no-one seems to want to address the issue raised

witchfinder

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 189 in Discussion

Yes you may have done Mimo Mar, but it was also said along the way that some of us do not wish to comment on this thread, so just exercising my right of reply, as you pasted a link to the thread I started as a reference. And I dont fell that the freemasons in the north are trying "infiltrate" anything.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 189 in Discussion

Question Mimomar as you as so paranoid about this. What percentage are there of Masons to non Masons in the North. You say it is high. What is it then ????

mikemans

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 189 in Discussion

Freemasonry is not a secret society but a society with secrets

and masons passing comments here should not defend themselves as it is not appropriate and uneeded, those who know do not need to explain. For me as a resigned lodge member I still respect the promises made even when I no longer subscribe to its princiles.

spider

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 189 in Discussion

I can assure you all they have No Lodges here in the North...All just a hand full go SOUTH....Mr Spider knows the handshake very well,and we were also told this by a man who has much to say.!!! nod,nod,wink,wink..and remember the secrets we already know.!!

ANYONE going to be honest on this.!!! NO.....

Perhaps the tread should be closed.??

Spider,x

Isabella

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 189 in Discussion

What a silly thread which should have been closed before message 69.

MimoMar

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer - Paranoid?

I said that, when compared to the UK, I believe that the amount is disproportionate and asked whether this is a good thing?

I do not know how many expats are here in N. Cyprus or how many Freemasons there are, but I know that there a quite a lot, looking at the quoted thread.

Isabella - Silly thread? Why? because it doesn't interest you. I have looked at some of your comments on other threads and they don't interest me, but that doesn't make them silly.

There is no need to be defensive, is there?

Isabella

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 189 in Discussion

There ar emany threads which don't interest me, but they may interest others.

Your original comment is silly for other reasons and I don't think you need me to elaborate.

spider

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 189 in Discussion

THIS THREAD SEEMS TO BE GOING........NO PLACE.......!!!

Spider,X

Hector

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 189 in Discussion

Mimomar

Have you heard that Michael Jackson is alive and well and living in North Cyprus, protected in secret by Masons?

AndyLynnW

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 189 in Discussion

To what extent has freemasonry infiltrated Nothern Cyprus - Cyprus 44?

That was the original question.

My understanding/definition of the word infiltrate is "to enter covertly a community or group under a different pretext to the accepted common aim or cause."

I dont think that people have entered the TRNC under a covert pretext to promote or use freemasonary. I cant see what they would want or believe they could achieve.

The accepted cause or aim, is to have a home in a place you find appealing, satisfying and is maintainable. Would a freemason view living or buying in the TRNC differently ? I think not.

As the question cannot be answered in so much as there is no measure, it is really a debate.You cannot say freemasonary has infiltrated as far as this or that.Where is there for it to infiltrate?

As for Cyprus 44 , what evidence is there that there is masonic colusion or infiltration? Again I cant see what there is to be achieved or brought about .

canyavuz

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 189 in Discussion

pearlbayer,

Freemason and charity? Haha, what a joke that is too.

You constantly use my age to make me look as if i know very little. This is your opinion.

But my opinion is that YOUR opinion of Freemasonary is very wrong.

Freemasons all have one thing or one ideology in common, which you should know very well if you were involved with those people.

And believe me, the things i know dont come off of the tele mate!

AndyLynnW

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 189 in Discussion

"Freemason and charity? Haha, what a joke that is too."

Can you explain ?

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 189 in Discussion

Canyavuz and any other ignorant party who knows nothing about Freemasonry, please look at this link.

Charity ha ha. Laugh now friend.

http://www.grandcharity.org/pages/nonmasonic_grants.html

canyavuz

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 189 in Discussion

So is the 30 million meant to mean that Freemasonary is a good set up?

Are you aware that Freemasonary supports NOTHING but the interest of Jews? Not to mention their ideology of Zionism etc.

Yeah.....great set-up........you carry on being one of them and see what good it will do

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 189 in Discussion

Freemasonry has NOTHING to do with religion. Admin please end this thread as its going no where. Original question answered. This little boy has no knowledge of Freemasonry and I personally find his comments offensive .

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 189 in Discussion

RE msg 79, Pearlbayer > Freemasonry has NOTHING to do with religion. <

=> Isn't it true, Pearlbayer, that to become a Freemason, one must believe - as rule nr. 1 - in a "creator" or "higher being" or whatever equivalent it may be called? If this is true, then, in my opinion, Freemasonry is or is very near to being a religion. And thus something to avoid.

briano

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 189 in Discussion

To believe in a 'greater being' or God, one does not have to have a religion. Discussion of religion is explicitly banned in Freemasonry.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 189 in Discussion

Yes Dutch partly true but EVERY religion has it's "head" and in Freemasonry we have ALL religions involved and not one specific one as Canyavuz states. In fact as I've stated before in this thread, when in Lodge it is taboo to talk of religion or politics. Discussions about Freemasonry could go on for ever but as far as the original question about Freemasons infiltrating a small community is concerned, unfortunately no figures are available to quantify the statement and therefore I think this thread should be closed.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 189 in Discussion

Briano & Pearlbayer: I absolutely do not question the right of Freemasons to have their own rules, views and thoughts. I think you have answered my question in msg 80 with "yes".

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 189 in Discussion

Sorry Termite, the point I was trying to make was the Fresmasonry has nothing to do with a SPECIFIC religion. Yes you have to believe in a "Supreme being" but that God you mention is not a Specific God.Hence within a Lodge building religion is NEVER mentioned. I seem to have to keep repeating this point and will now as message 67 states not "defend " Freemasonry any longer as it is not required.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 189 in Discussion

Sorry said I wasn't going to say anymore but just read the link Termite gave us. What a laugh, I couldn't swallow my cuppa. The rantings of some obscure "Christian" Church in Dallas. If you believe that then I've been wasting my breathe.

mikemans

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 189 in Discussion

In Freemasonry, God or its equivalent is referred to as "Th great architect of the universe. This leavs pen any interpretatio for Cristian, Jew, Muslim or otherwise to consider their own God to fill this position, in short the prmise you make is to your own values and beliefs that you would not betray them. Man people will say "On my childrens life in an attempt to get someone to believe what they say.

If memory serves me right w have about 45 degrees of progress in masonry and 90% of masons never excel the first 3 degrees. I think probably when you reach that level you become a frienship group and wjhat is familiarly known as a knife & fork mason, enjoying friendship at your oen and other visiting lodges.

I resigned from masonry many years ago as it was not my cup of tea. I can guarantee that police and judicial lodges exist and verdicts have been influenced by them I witnessed such an incident in a high profile case where a £15 mil fraud received 200 hours community work.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 189 in Discussion

its only another form of politics slightly secretive arent all governments

i cant stand the niple nipping handshake mine are sensitive must be my female side

i for one would rather run around the woods semi naked with some naughty boys and girls dressed as witches

oopps my secrets out lol

MimoMar

Message Posted:
04/07/2009 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 189 in Discussion

Isabella: You seem to have a very pointed (biased) view of this and that is obvious to all and further, you seem to resent that I have asked a question about your secretive (whatever.)

The 'players' in the original thread enjoyed posting their cryptic messages, but now, (maybe) are regretting starting/posting in the original thread.

Non-Masons may be worried about the numbers concerned and therefore, would legitimately use the term "infiltrated."

Freemasons, quite obviously, do not like this term but then it depends which side of the fence you are on.

The charitable side of Freemasonry is fantastic, but there is a worrying side too - this "brotherhood" 'thing' is open to abuse and in my opnion, needs further investigation

mikemans

Message Posted:
05/07/2009 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 189 in Discussion

surely time to call a halt on this debate ?????

the butler

Message Posted:
05/07/2009 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 189 in Discussion

Dear MimoMar,

My husband was one of the posters on th original thread, he has not joined in this debate because it is obvious you know so little about freemasonry and have only started this thread to provoke. Yes freemasonry is a brotherhood and yes they try to look after their own but then doesn't any organisation? What about the police. doctors, lawyers but to name a few. Wouldn't you look after your own brothers, cousins, family? This looking after their own, is no more apparent than it is in the TRNC especially in the government offices and police. As for it being secretive, it is only secretive until you log onto any website, with masses of information, which is readily available for all to read. The original thread was a bit of fun and kept members guessing for days, please leave it at that, instead of looking for sinister reasons because there arn't any.

The butlers wife

waddo

Message Posted:
05/07/2009 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 189 in Discussion

MimoMar,

As a freemason myself I can understand why you think that this brotherhood thing needs further investigation. Please, please. go forth and investigate, let us all know your findings, tell me in particular where I am causing you concern because I have friends who belong to the same brotherhood that I do.

Whilst you are doing that, I also have friends that belong to the police, the customs and excise, the government, the teachers union, the PCS, and many other large groups or "brotherhoods" of friends and workers that look after each other because nobody else will. I guess that saddest of all for you to find out is that I friends who are in the military services of the RAF and Army of GB along with Army friends of the Turkish Army and New Zealand Air Force - now these are true brotherhoods that not only do charitable work but also have "Secrets".

All I ask is that you think before you try to condem - live in peace and let others do the same.

witchfinder

Message Posted:
05/07/2009 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 189 in Discussion

Well said Waddo.... and thank you for your comments "The Butlers Wife" the original thread was certainly a good bit of fun, it also created a few actual freindships for myself and my wife.

the butler

Message Posted:
05/07/2009 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 189 in Discussion

Hi witchfinder,

I am so pleased that the original thread has brought you in touch with new friends and yes it was good light hearted fun.

Waddo I agree with everything you say in your post and let us all live in peace.

killy45

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 189 in Discussion

begun in order and closed in harmony

MimoMar

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 189 in Discussion

the Butler's wife - I have not and do not proclaim to know anything about Freemasonry! I do though, reserve the right to ask a legitimate question, not about Freemasonry, but abount the amount of Freemasons in a small expat community!

Isabella - "Your original comment is silly for other reasons and I don't think you need me to elaborate."

Waddo - before I condemn, let you live in peace - my goodness, can a Freemason consider an alternative view or is Freemasonry above reproach? What is it that I have asked that necessitates this response?

You seem unwilling or, unable to accept or, even consider a legitimate question! - Can there be a down-side to having so many Freemasons in Northern Cyprus?

Freemasons do not necessarily dislike this thread, they dislike the fact that it is outside of their control or, INFLUENCE (not shouting) and this is an illustration of the point in question!

spider

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 189 in Discussion

MimoMar...Please belive me they go to SOUTH...i should know we used to Dog and House sit,(feed and water.watch out for anything funny.)for when these people wanted to go to Christmas functions and the likes,and stay the NIGHT,over SOUTH..just a very few this side.

Spider,X

MimoMar

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 189 in Discussion

Spider, I don't understand. Who goes South, the Freemasons? to Greek Cypriot lodge meetings?

spider

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 189 in Discussion

Well could be i guess...GC,at their meetings too,who Knows,and i for one dont give a Fig.!! But SOUTH they do go..

Spider,X

spider

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 189 in Discussion

OH,,and if GC.were at their meeting it would have to be HUSH.HUSH,that they live this side,and perhaps on someones past land also...guess if that got out they would get themselves STRUNG UP..OMG..

Spider,X Someone i know tried to get a mail box over south,got a right laughing at too,now that is SILLY.!!

maningi pusa

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 189 in Discussion

The controlling bodies i.e. the Grand Lodges do not recognise the TRNC as a valid country and that is why the brethren go south if they wish to attend a lodge meeting. I do not but that is a matter of personal choice as there are no Scottish lodges on the island at all. If there were----well.

MimoMar

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 189 in Discussion

So, your 'Grand Lodges' do not recognise the TRNC - A whole new argument in itself!

Who would want to be associated with an organisation that doesn't recognise your Country of residence?

To what extent does the brethren collaborate with the Greek Cypriot Freemasons?

maningi pusa

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 189 in Discussion

The only body in the world that recognises the TRNC is the Turkish government! You are out of line mimomar.

waddo

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 189 in Discussion

"MimoMar,

As a freemason myself I can understand why you think that this brotherhood thing needs further investigation. Please, please. go forth and investigate, let us all know your findings, tell me in particular where I am causing you concern because I have friends who belong to the same brotherhood that I do."

I still wait for your findings and I suppose it will be many years before you address the issue yourself, but I will wait.

As to your question: "Who would want to be associated with an organisation that doesn't recognise your Country of residence?"

Every country in the world apart from Turkey - so unless you are Turkish or a Cypriot (doubtfull from your name) then you are associated by default!

Give it up, every reader is aware that you dislike Freemasonary by now, we all accept it but we still talk to you. If you can every come up with any findings do let us know, until then good luck to you.

MimoMar

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 189 in Discussion

Does asking a question constitute dislike?

Give it up, every reader is aware that you will defend Freemasonry, no matter what.

Answer this Waddo - "To what extent does the brethren collaborate with the Greek Cypriot Freemasons?"

spider

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 189 in Discussion

Pearlbayer will be on soon Waddo..your not alone... perhaps some even have two heads,..

Spider.X

MimoMar

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 189 in Discussion

I hope Forum admin's take message 108 as an attempt to scupper legitimate thread.......please delete link text

jimmyG

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 189 in Discussion

Why don't they just pay their speeding fines like the rest of us?!!! (Msg 87 refers)

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 189 in Discussion

WILL SOMEONE HIJACK THIS THREAD, IT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED!!!! Nice try termite...

DD

Jachin

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 189 in Discussion

Take a look at this.

http://www.province .org. uk

Jachin

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 189 in Discussion

Sorry I meant

http://www.province.org.uk

maningi pusa

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 189 in Discussion

Message 114. I have just added this to my favourites, very interesting and when I have more time I will really explore.

spider

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 189 in Discussion

Och i dinny cen watya onaboot... good link..so i guess the freemasons are everywhere but not North Cyprus.??

a bit like the Cicadas...Whats the point of them things anyway.

Spider,X

airwick2in1

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 189 in Discussion

Does this possibly mean that the random people on this site I have found, Represent the Freemason constitute!? Tony Blair.....Dr. Evil.......

I don't think we have to have any more on this matter as this is a case CLOSED......

http://whoyoucallingaskeptic.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/freemasons-amongst-us/

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
06/07/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 189 in Discussion

hehehe, spidey, you really do crack me up!!!!!!

DD

jonathan

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 189 in Discussion

hello to everyone who has contributed to this discussion on freemasonry in northern cyprus,. Freemasonry is one of the oldest secular fraternal societies . Fremasonry is a society of men concerned with moral and spiritual values . Its members are taught its precepts ( moral lessons and self-knowledge) by a series of rituals and dramas- a progression of two-part plays which are learnt by heart and performed within each lodge - which follow ancient forms , and use stonemasons` customs and tools as allegorical guides. Fremasonry instils in its members a moral and ethical approach to life: it seeks to reinforce thoughtfulness for others, kindness in comunity, HONESTY in business, courtesy in society and fairnes in all things. Members are urged to regard the interests of the family as paramount but, importantly,Freemasonry also teaches and practices concern for people, care for the less fortunate and help those in need. last october here in girne a lodge was formed from ex pats. continued

crimper

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 189 in Discussion

This one for DD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s59gfRfrEyI&feature=related

jonathan

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 189 in Discussion

Freemasonry is founded on three great principles and since time immemorial freemasons have followed these. BROTHERLY LOVE, RELIEF, and TRUTH. 1, every true mason will show tolerance and respect for the opinions of others and behave with kindness and understanding to his fellow creatures. 2,Freemasons are taught to practise charity and care- NOT only for their own- but also for the comminity as a whole, both by charitable giving and by voluntary efforts and works as individuals, 3, Freemasons strive for truth, , requiring high moral standards and aiming to achieve them in their own lives, Freemasons believe that these principles represent a way of achieving higher standars of life. -CHARITY , from its earliest days, Fremasonryhas been concerned with care of orphans, the sick and the aged. THIS WORK CONTINUES TO THIS DAY. the BELLAPAIS LODGE which was formed , alas cannot meet in the north here , we have to travel to the south to meet because of politics, PS, i am a mason of 30years.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 189 in Discussion

mimomar.

i missed this 1,so i do not spend to much time on cyp44!

If i had put a post on cyp44 asking how many ex police or policement still serving in the uk,no 1 would of stood up,so i put up the raul moat thread and started about corrupt police men,then all crawled out of the woodwork.

Same with my mason thread,if i would of asked the simple question.HOW MANY MASONS on the island,not 1 would of come out of the closet.

So with the thread,they all who i think are,dipped there toes in the water,some saying,im a mason,some not so blatant.

Im going to seriously consider your question in your post 1 and answer it shortly.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 189 in Discussion

Zerochlor

Not sure if you have noticed but this thread was started in June 2009! It would have been easier if Jonathan had started a new thread.

Chris

silentbutdim

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 189 in Discussion

Any organisation that advises and promotes its oficers from inspector upwards to join the Freemasons has to be asked why?

Infiltration perhaps?

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 189 in Discussion

Hi Dave, you missed it because the original thread is 15 months old - if there were a lot of Freemeasons then, there must be many more now!

jonathan

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 189 in Discussion

If anyone out there wishes to become a member of the bellapais lodge, please contact me , also 99% of all freemasons lodges on the whole island of cyprus come under the juristriction of THE UNITED GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND .

zerochlor

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 189 in Discussion

there is a bellapais lodge?

ok.let me throw a cat amongst the pidgeons

All you freemasons who reside or just have a holiday home here,in 1 of my threads is was titled freemasons the silent killers.

You all harp on about how much charity work you do and how many millions. (GREAT)

Well heres a thought!

You all must of saw the plight of the little boy ismail,5 years old.1 arm lost,ripped off in a accident,other arm diagnosed with some cancerous growth.

You all must of seen Johhny lee and others doing there hardest to try and raise monies to get this little boy a new arm.

But not 1 of the so called freemasons on the island or out of the island stood up and said,HEY,HANG ON MATE,we can take care of that,me and my 1000s of brothers,But all i hear is you all harping on about the good you do when you hear some thing bad being said about your very large secret oganisation.

Just my opinion of course

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 189 in Discussion

Dave, but the organisers of last night's show are all Freemasons!

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 189 in Discussion

In fact, quite a few of the performers, who performed for free are Freemasons, also

zerochlor

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 189 in Discussion

Not All. But your comment is interesting,theres a new pub opening in catalkoy soon,THE MASONS ARMS !

And i did not see you YET again washerman/paul, what happend?

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 189 in Discussion

Last night? Dan and family have all got serious flu and I was in bed by 10pm. God works in mysterious ways!

You will see me early in the week though to do your sat set-up

johndp

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 189 in Discussion

Oh dear zero you seem to have put you foot right in this time he he he

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 189 in Discussion

Dave, I'll tell you what you can do - this thread is 15 months old. Why not compare the poster's names on this thread with the poster's names who have been advertsing, organising and performing the show and you may get more of an insight!

Although, a lot of posters will have changed their names. There's only us 'real-life' characters that publically identify ourselves

zerochlor

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 189 in Discussion

ok,you missed a brilliant night,albeit running late a little,and alot must of had numb bums and left,but all in all it was brill.

Also in the new masons arms pub there will be in Northeast Corner of the pub,a nice dukebox, that will stand a just and upright dukebox.

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 189 in Discussion

BTW Dave, Normally, Cyprus Today front page stories get a mention on here, but not this week! Any idea why?

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 189 in Discussion

BUT I seem to remember that there was a famous Biblical character that was accepted everywhere except in his own town!

jonathan

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 189 in Discussion

everyone is entitled to there own opinion, and of course all Freemasons respect that . this is the first time i have heard about this young boy, i sincerely hope your friends have raised enough to help in this matter, In the not too distant future you will hear about the charitable work we are doing for the community in the north of cyprus ,.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 189 in Discussion

Thanks for the reply jonathan.if you live in cyprus i think it would of been very hard to not hear about this little boys plight!

I look forward to your updates.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 189 in Discussion

message 133.

jonathan.

I forgot to say.

No they have not raised no where near enough i think,and with this little boy its ongoing until he is of a age to start to help himself,as each year or as he gets heavier,he will need a new false arm to counter act the weight on the side of his body where he lost his arm,so to keep his body symmetrical or up straight.

Groucho

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 189 in Discussion

I am not nor ever have been inclined to be a Freemason, even though there were times to think about the possibility.

However knowing that an, albeit largely symbolic, oath was at one time (not sure if this prevails) taken that the inductee will self-eviscerate should they reveal the secrets of Masonry means I don't find it compatible with other principles I hold in higher regard. The sanctity of life, humanitarian and Christian values.

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 189 in Discussion

Groucho, in an advert, a business generally covers its main weakness with it's biggest headline and puts the bad stuff in the small sprint!

jonathan

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 189 in Discussion

i think it is time that departed from this scene ,, if you want any further information about freemasonry , meet me in window cafe any day, regards jon ,,

Lemtich

Message Posted:
26/09/2010 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 189 in Discussion

Q. How many Masons does it take to change a light bulb?

A. After much research this tricky question can now be answered. It takes 20, as follows:

2 to complain that the light doesn't work.

1 to pass the problem to either another committee, the Temple Board or the Master of the Lodge.

3 to do a study on light in the Lodge.

2 to check out the types of lights the Knights of Columbus use.

3 to argue about it.

5 to plan a fund-raising dinner to raise money for the bulb.

2 to complain that "that′s not the way we did it before."

1 to borrow a ladder, donate the bulb and install it.

1 to order the brass memorial plate and have it inscribed.

Alig8aBytes

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 189 in Discussion

A good friend of mine is a freemason, and has retired to France and joined a lodge in Brittany.

Interestingly French masons do not have charitable functions to raise money for charity ( as happens in the UK )

French people believe that the Government should provide whatever is required and therefore charitable works would not supported by French people.

Groucho

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 189 in Discussion

Alig8aBytes

I bet your friend is a better friend to other Masons...

Any organisation that can claim Jim Davidson and the Duke of Edinburgh amongst its members is not one I would choose to be a part of.

Any institution or society that needs to keep secrets and is not open is therefore open to abuse of privilege.

Of course they had to keep their goings on secret when formed as did all non-state approved organisations trades-unions etc. but in this day and age it surely is not the case...

Unless they have something to hide..... and therein lies the rub... what have they got to hide that oaths of secrecy need to be taken?

If nothing, then why are these 'quasi-pagan' rituals extant?

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 189 in Discussion

Certain Freemason's in Northern Cyprus, use their priveliged position purely as a means to further their own money earning potential.

They also use their brotherly grouping and collaberation to persecute certain individuals and businesses.

There are good and bad in any and all organisations. In Northern Cyprus, the bad have grouped and taken control. IMHO of course!

Alig8aBytes

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 189 in Discussion

Groucho,

The connection I was trying to establish is that of the French people and the Turkish Cypriots here in Northern Cyprus and their attitude towards charity.

We all know about the amount of work people have put in raising money for poor Ismail, and highly commendable it is, but why always the Brits ?

There are plenty of very rich Cypriots here ( as we know ) do they , like the French, believe that the Government should solve problems like Ismail's,

Groucho

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 189 in Discussion

Angela,

I was only teasing... only the first sentence was my reply to you the rest was general...

Apropos your link re Cypriots, the French and their generosity... I guess some are more pragmatic about their giving in that they want to see something in return.. it has to work for them too.

mahdel

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 189 in Discussion

I dont know if the masons are everywhere in the N. Cyprus ex-pat community and I don't really care. I will say though, if the ex-pat Masons here are, as alleged, out to get a leg up on everyone else they've done a terrible job of it. You'd think with the kind of power some people are suggesting they have they'd have managed to fix some of the many, many issues expats face here. I suspect they are, as they say, largely a group of older men who raise money for charity and enjoy eating and drinking too much together. Now the Skull and Bones crew, they're creepy.

jonathan

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 189 in Discussion

just for information there are more turkish cypriot masons in northern cyprus than expats, and freemasonry is not illegal here ,infact there is a turkish lodge operating here every month

sircharles

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 02:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 189 in Discussion

Hi Jonathan, I wish to become a member of the bellapais lodge. I would be greatful if you could help me. However, your e-mail address is not visible to me on your profile as I just signed in here. Could you please

tell me how can I contact you?

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 02:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 189 in Discussion

I have many friends and family in the masons. They do a lot of good work for local charities. I don't think you can ask to join, I think you have to be invited. I was invited a few times as a respected local business man in the UK but turned the invites down because of work.

littlejohn

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 03:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 189 in Discussion

Message148 You just can't keep it shut.

Rember Rule 3 , there is no need to be rude , Simbas

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 03:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 189 in Discussion

littlejohn, what is your problem?

johndp

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 189 in Discussion

A question for Zerochlor here,

as is pointed out a lot of freemasons have done their bit for little Ishmail, but I think the multi millionaire/billionaire T/C could have alleviated his problems at the drop of a hat, after all he is one of their own, but did they ??? and usually charity begins at home,

only my thoughts

simbas

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 189 in Discussion

Msg 149 , edited

Simbas

the butler

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 189 in Discussion

Hi msg 151,

I think you will find that Ismails family are Turkish mainlanders, unfortunately the majority of Turkish Cypriots do not class them as one of their own.

The butlers wife

johndp

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 189 in Discussion

Mess 153

That is the main fault on here too much hair splitting lol

you know what was meant and FYI there are many T/C who are married on to Mainlanders who are VVV wealthy

bandieles

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 189 in Discussion

Freemasonary is not illegal in the TRNC

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 189 in Discussion

Agree 100% with messege 142 very well said .

Could I also add I know personally of folk in TRNC who try and use the fact that they are a Freemason for a leg up at every opportunity for there own selfish ends !!

johndp

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 189 in Discussion

you dont have to be a f/m to persecute a business in n. cyprus do you pipie lol same as you friend paul eh ????

johndp

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 189 in Discussion

It amazes a lot of people how much you know lass (not) have you not got the message yet , well I will dare to say it, thats why you dont get answers to any of your topics anymore , everybody sees what a phoney you are loh

johndp

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 189 in Discussion

Sorry once again for off topic in the last post, but a point to ponder, freemasonery in Turkey has been ongoing since 1720 approx.

Paul (not pipies pal that runs the pub, trying to get a leg up) your axe is losing it's lustre

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 189 in Discussion

Going back to messege 1

No doubt, it's good for fundraising/charity but is it good, with so many in such a small community?

Some times you have to look at the way some (and note I say some ) F/M work, yes on the surface it may appear that certain F/M are quite charitable but then on the other hand is it just a way of trying worm there way into small communities in order get a good name for them selves to later use it to there own advantage .

Of course this is not the way of all F/M we have to remember that .

Wiaah

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 189 in Discussion

Funny that.... Washerman Msg 142. I was told on good authority that you attended a masonic meeting in Lapta wanting to Join the then proposed Bellapais Lodge.... what happened? Did they see right through you when you mentioned how good it would be for your business !

You should be ashamed of yourself.

johndp

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 189 in Discussion

Pipie mess 160 just like your friend do you honestly think he would be bothered going all the way to Nicosia if he thought it would not help him, smell the coffee, real masons know better, but then We forgot you know it all lol is there no bounds to the womans talents !!!!!!!!!!!

Wiaah got it in one buddie lol

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 189 in Discussion

Come on everyone, do not make this personal.

If the thread gets into slanging match then those involved will be banned.

AJ

breezyboy

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 189 in Discussion

Yeah come on guys. Stop having a go at poor Pipie.

Especially so close to Halloween !

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/10/2010 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 189 in Discussion

no probs breezyboy I can take it !!

littlejohn

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 189 in Discussion

Message150 You !!!

littlejohn

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 03:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 189 in Discussion

Simbas - Rude ? The individual is "in modern day parlance" a plonker!!

simbas

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 07:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 189 in Discussion

Now now littlejohn

Simbas

Deniz1

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 189 in Discussion

A friend of mine is a freemason he belongs to the St. Hilarion lodge but the meetings are always held in the south side. Yesterday he was on the way back and his car broke down about half a mile from the border he had a really hard time to get a breakdown truck but managed it in the end the car is now stuck at the crossing car park. Not a happy bunny.

LordJim

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 189 in Discussion

get mim to cal lziggy on 0533 854 8511 he will sort it , ziggy can also arrange collection from the south .

Deniz1

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 189 in Discussion

Thanks for that i will tell him if its not illegal to be a freemason here why do the meetings have to be held in the south?

DeaconB

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 189 in Discussion

It is not illegal to be a Freemason anywhere, if you can’t understand that then you won’t understand why meetings are held in the south. Best stick to stuff that you do know something about.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 189 in Discussion

If i knew the answer i wouldnt have asked the question would I ?

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 189 in Discussion

Re : Msg173 &169,

Why wouldn't you ask your alleged friend?

johndp

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 189 in Discussion

maybe its something to do with the law here organised gatherings of more than something like 8/10 people is illegal i think ?? but might be wrong

mAY BE PIPIE KNOWS

LOvegod

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 189 in Discussion

Freemasons not allowed to discuss politics, ha thats the best laugh Ive had in years. It is well known that they are heavily involved with the tory pary, most Tory town councillors in the UK are freemasons if they are not then any chance of advancement is minimal. Only 3 months ago David Cameron hosted a dinner for the wives of freemasons. As to their beliefs that they are descended from the Knights Templars thats another load of codswallop designed to give them a bit history.

johndp

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 189 in Discussion

Oh dear another font of all knowledge

Codswollop it may well be but how do people like you glean these little nuggets ?? pray where can we check these facts ??? or is it just more forum pi*h

Deniz1

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 189 in Discussion

He is not alleged and has only been to one meeting doesnt speak turkish but understood enough to work out they cannot meet here, or why would they go all the way to Larnaca or where ever.

LOvegod

Message Posted:
31/10/2010 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 189 in Discussion

Hi johndp ok u must be one of these poor deluded fools with visions of greatness but its the the truth. Freemasonary today has nothing to do with what their previous grandmasters taught them. Today its just a few bored aristocrats at the top end sitting on a mountain of the smaller end of the business and civil servant populace wannabees. The top barristers and others normally have nothing to do with this bunch of self serving inadequates and as for their so called charitable donations if you want to do that then join the red cross or the st. johns ambulance(the Knights hospitaler) in the middle ages, the true warrior brothers of the Templars.

Lemtich

Message Posted:
01/11/2010 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 189 in Discussion

Wot do we want masons for now when they build all these villas wiv concrete?

And so wot if you're free?

Everyone's free now we all get ripped off.

Free world now innit?

Wots this free mason stuff all about, innit, we've got loads of free dodgy builders here already, we don't need

free masons...

johndp

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 189 in Discussion

LOvegod

For somebody with so much to say you dont say very much, I ask again to give us the proof of your statement in message 176 'most tory town councillors in the UK are freemasons' where do you get these amazing facts from

And for information my opinion for what its worth, many of the so called 'freemasons' in this little country could not lace the shoes of 'real freemasons' they dont even begin to come close,

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 189 in Discussion

johndp

Not sure of the meaning of your messege 175 ???

Can only comment on some cowboy outfits if that will help !!

johndp

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 189 in Discussion

Why yes pipie that would help a lot can we get guns & holsters too

My message was in response to your message 160 where you gave everyone advice on good and bad freemasons and I merely suggested you may know the rules surely even you can work that out, as it is elementary !!

But maybe you would be better leaving things you know nothing about to those that do and refrain from posting or is that too much to ask, because it would seem that not many want to have dialogue with you on here any more

marydoll19

Message Posted:
03/11/2010 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 189 in Discussion

That person is terribly rude, I only asked a civil question and was insulted, so I am almost afraid to post now, why do these people think they can be so offensive

simbas

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 06:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 189 in Discussion

Marydoll , which question ?

Simbas

Deniz1

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 08:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 189 in Discussion

MSg 184 it happens to me all the time i get really rude answers to innocent questions. I think i will stop posting things until these horrible people are removed.

NCMan

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 189 in Discussion

Come on Mods , do you not think it is time to put this one to bed.?

simbas

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 189 in Discussion

I think you might be right NCMan

Simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
04/11/2010 08:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 189 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

Reason: Thread was serving no purpose. Due to a few members not being able to have a sensible debate without having to resort to rudeness and insults

Simbas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.