North Cyprus Tourist Board - Travel advice from Ercan airport to southern Nicosia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Travel advice from Ercan airport to southern Nicosia

Travel advice from Ercan airport to southern Nicosia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

sportdriver

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi, can anyone offer advice on getting from Ercan airport by bus / taxi etc to the crossing for southern Nicosia?

We would like to visit for a day trip, my hubby was there in 1984 working for the UN and I would like to take him back for a day trip. We will be flying in from Antalya where we will be on holiday.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Your best bet would be a Taxi to the Ledra Street or Ledra Palace crossing in Lefkosa. They are both foot only crossings and are at either end of Ledra Street which is the main shopping area within South Nicosia.

Once over the border you can pick up a taxi to take you to where you want to go.

Only formalities are that you need to carry your European (UK) Passport and have a little patience as the queues can get quite long on the outward and return.

canyavuz

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Taxi is the best idea.

Tell the driver what the name of the place of interest is (such as Ledra palace), and they would take you to the nearest crossing point to Ledra. (Ledra is a pedestrian crossing).

Buses are the worst idea, mainly because they are slow, useless, rare and extremely HOT in the summer.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Kibhas Ltd Airport coach service Tel:- 0900 (0) 533 870 7848. New service and only 10 Tl. I have schedule which I can fax to you.

Richard

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.