North Cyprus Tourist Board - UKTV DIRECT - All the main UK Television Channels on a small dish
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > UKTV DIRECT - All the main UK Television Channels on a small dish

UKTV DIRECT - All the main UK Television Channels on a small dish

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 349 in Discussion

Hello all,

Just started working as an agent for a NEW company that has launched a system direct from the satellite via an 85cm dish for all the main UK channels including BBC1,2,3,4, ITV1,2,3,4, CH4, FIVE and lots more.

Once my forum membership is fully activated and we have placed an advert on this site i will supply more information.

We are also looking for installation partners in Cyprus / Northern Cyprus if anyone is interested let me know ?

Regards

Charles

andrew4232

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 349 in Discussion

hi there, whats your web site so we can get more info

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 349 in Discussion

Hello,

Will post more information soon its all very NEW and the website is still under construction & will be up and running by Monday next week.......

This is going to be so popular

Thanks for your interest

Charles

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 349 in Discussion

Oh here we go ..

Hello, "Charles"

Rebroadcasting BBC/ ITV, etc

Did the kit come from Spain where such services got closed down ?

I suppose you believe that being "TRNC" you THINK no-one can touch you, and your clients will love you when you go the way of other pirates ?

Looking forward to you ad.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 349 in Discussion

Oh here we go ..

Hello, "Charles"

Rebroadcasting BBC/ ITV, etc

Did the kit come from Spain where such services got closed down ?

I suppose you believe that being "TRNC" you THINK no-one can touch you, and your clients will love you when you go the way of other pirates ?

Looking forward to you ad.

Hector

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 349 in Discussion

Just got my stop watch out but mmmm beat my placing a bet at Ladbrokes as to his responding by 29 minutes....

minertor

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 349 in Discussion

haha Hector, but did you bet that he'd post it twice. Just in case that those that are used to him shimmied on past.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 349 in Discussion

mark

Weren't you suggesting to peeps that they could register for SKY in the UK then use the service in the TRNC?

Remind me,.. isn't that illegal?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 349 in Discussion

The services you are talking about in Spain are via landbased microwave transmitters and are still running !

This NEW Service is direct from the satellite in HD and completely different it has cost well over 2 Million Euro's to set up to date and all the various legal angles have been investigated and overcome so not really anything even similar to your concerns !

I would have thought that given the restrictions in decent UKTV reception in your area you would welcome such a FANTASTIC new offering and even better when you only need a standard 85cm dish & receiver to view it !

Anyway the proof is in the pudding as they say !

When I an fully prepared and the website is up and running Monday I will supply much more information so please do not be so quick to attack it until you have all the facts thats all i ask !

Many Thanks & Respect

Charles

Hector

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 349 in Discussion

Must remember to place an accumulator next time

stevie-d

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 349 in Discussion

Hi Charles looking forward to more information I would be interested.

stevie-d

minertor

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 349 in Discussion

feckin 'ell stevie-d, you should get the timer on your sun bed fixed

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 349 in Discussion

Dear RobNJo

re msg 8

>>Weren't you suggesting to peeps that they could register for SKY in the UK then use the service in the TRNC? Remind me,.. isn't that illegal?<<

1/ Sky cannot knowingly supply their scrambled ( pay tv) services - to which they only have rights in UK / UK beyond those shores.

2/ You are breaking their terms and conditions by watching it outside those areas - THAT isn't "illegal". If you ring up SKY and say, "I'm in Cyprus", they will cut you off - as they would be in breach of their contract with the companies supplying them..

3/ If you are paying SKY and the box is older than 12 months, then SKY are quite happy to take your money anywhere

4/ As I previously explained - there is an EU Directive concerning the right of folk top be able to view free ( unscrambled content) - that means BBC/ ITV, etc - no SKY card necessary

5/ BUT - if someone tries to CHARGE for this service - rebroadcast - THAT is a criminal offence.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles"

a few links for you to "digest"..

http://www.thespainforum.com/f286/telmicro-back-rebroadcasting-153562/

http://lamarinaforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8034

http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/mesh_rebroadcasting_mmds_microwave_illegal_costa_blanca_spain.htm

http://www.viasat.es/

Now, about your "claim" to be able to re-broadcast in "HD" - I look forward to seeing THAT.. ;)

I'm guessing your previous address was somewhere in Spain ( Gib, even ?) .. Hopefully you can post a photo and some of the folk who had their wallets "lightened" in Spain can be invited on here.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 349 in Discussion

As I said before: " This NEW Service is direct from the satellite in HD and completely different it has cost well over 2 Million Euro's to set up to date and all the various legal angles have been investigated and overcome so not really anything even similar to your concerns ! "

The links you have provided are all to posts about landbased Microwave rebroadcast systems which as I said previously this is not !

Please do not be so quick to attack for no reason "Do you install Satellite TV" ? Maybe this could be competition for you that you do not want ?

I do not know but all I will say is how can you try to discredit something that you have absolutely NO knowledge of at all ?

please have some respect and patience and all will be clear in a few days.

Cheers

Charles

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 349 in Discussion

mark

But NC is not accepted as being in the EU.

So you're basically saying using sky in NC is illegal?

Easy question. Y or N.

Rob

gallowgate

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 349 in Discussion

Sounds great Charles, will look forward to seeing the website. Perhaps others should do the same before posting criticism, although some people appear to thrive on that on this forum.

PaulW

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 349 in Discussion

Everyone, Mark posted twice because he has Irish heritage.

To be sure, to be sure

Just trying to lighten things Mark no offence meant.

Paul

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 349 in Discussion

hi uktvdirect , how much is it gonna cost , can we use our original dish

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles"

BBC only transmit in HD part time - VERY expensive - even for the BEEB - and ITV are in testing ( one channel only)

Only C4 of the home channels b/cast in HD - and it is a PAY TV channel not free to air.

So, if you continue to persist in claiming you broadcast in HD you'll forgive me, but you are just talking nonsense.

The links I provide make it perfectly clear that no UK broadcaster is allowing anyone to rebroadcast ( and CHARGE ) for their content. I hardly think you will be giving your service away.

If you have only spent 2 million Euros - to commence HD quality b/cast, then again you are "full of it".

Be assured I don't make money from "TRNC" and I know you won't. I DO know about Piracy, though and how to combat it...

Dear Gallowgate re 17

A little hint for you.. I've not been wrong about any company I've fortold will fleece Brits in 6 years on these boards..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 349 in Discussion

Dear RobNJo

re 16

>>But NC is not accepted as being in the EU.<< No, there is an area of Cyprus beyond the effective control of the recognised govt. The EU acquis is suspended north of that point..

>>So you're basically saying using sky in NC is illegal ? <<

Do you mean PAY Sky or the stuff that is FREE. ?

Receiving a channel that is pay TV, without paying the company that has paid for the rights is piracy - THAT is a criminal offence in the EU .. but the easiest way is to shut down the source of the pirates - the punters learn the hard way by paying for kit that becomes useless. So if you are PAYING SKY - you aren't committing an offence - but you ARE breaking SKY's Ts and Cs - NOT illegal

To receive BBC / ITV and free SKY channels such as SKY News - outside UK / IRL -is perfectly legal - it is free to air... NOT illegal

Now, CHARGING to watch FTA ( Free to Air ) content IS ILLEGAL..

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 349 in Discussion

Hello,

I did not say all the channels were watchable in "HD" read the post properly !

The Broadacst is in HD the channels are In standard definition - please if you are going to have a go read what i post and clarify its content with me 1st otherwise you will trip yourself up later !

I am only new on here today and already feel about as welcome as a fart in a sleeping bag !

I have many other larger areas that I can concentrate on like Turkey, Greece, Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia etc etc for the launch of this FANTASTIC new service at the special launch terms !

We picked this specific area and forum because it looked like a professional platform to make a start from but I think i will advise the company to launch on another location and leave this site & "TRNC" until later in the launch due to your unhelpful & abusive manner !

If anyone has any issues please take it up with your very welcoming "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" member who want's to spoil this for all other members

philnles

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 349 in Discussion

Please do continue with your plans, if your product is good I'm sure you will have a successful business on your hands. Not everyone on this board is unhelpful and most do not have an abusive manner. I ,for one will be looking at your proposal with interest.

millzer

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 349 in Discussion

Charles, I'm sure that if the system you are promoting does turn out to be genuine there will be many people in the TRNC that would join up if the price is right, so don't let people put you off.

Yes there are some very 'opinionated' people on here (myself included) and yes MMMMM is in 'the business' so no surprise that he comments about it in a strong way.

Chuck

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 349 in Discussion

I hope we can get all those channel with one small dish. Sounds too good to be true, but lets hope it is not.

As for mmmmmm well he critises anything and everthing and he seems to know everything... Enough said!!

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 349 in Discussion

how much charles , and can we use our existing dishes ???

stegill

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 349 in Discussion

Sounds great. Lets hope it happens keep us posted on developments.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles"

>>The Broadacst is in HD the channels are In standard definition - please if you are going to have a go read what i post and clarify its content with me 1st otherwise you will trip yourself up later ! <<

Hmm, I have yet to see any company pay for HD std transmission transponder bandwidth for SD ( std definition) quality TV.. IF you *really* knew what you were about you'd realise how silly that sounds.. Now you have me totally convinced you

a) either know B all about Sat TV broadcast

b) you are a wide boy sales man

>>We picked this specific area and forum because it looked like a professional platform to make a start from but I think i will advise the company to launch on another location and leave this site & "TRNC" until later in the launch due to your unhelpful & abusive manner !<<

Don't worry, even the members that HATE me know what that really means....;)

thetruth

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 349 in Discussion

Dont take any notice of this mmmmm chap,he is against everything we do in the trnc.remember mr mmmmm other nations have made the trnc sit out on there own,so we dont have to answer to anyone,we do what we want,if you want us to play fair let the trnc have the rights of other nations....if not shut up.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 349 in Discussion

I have over 35 years UK Satellite TV experience actualy and know exactly what i am talking about the Signal received from the satellite is in HD the channels & in SD FACT !

** All will / may become clearer later if you start been a little more polite & wait and see what the full system is before jumping on it with your negative posts **

As you know absolutely NOTHING about our new service HOW can you comment ?

If you are a Satellite Installer I suggest you start being nice to us because when you see how good this is you will definately want to get involved in the installation process or you will miss out on an absolutey massive new business opportunity.

Think about your actions now or you may regret it later

Cheers

Charles

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 349 in Discussion

Hi Charles

I think the reason people are a bit suspicious on the board is because most of us have been bitten by purchasing systems which work perfectly for a couple of weeks then the systems get scrambled and you end up with a system which only shows hundreds of channels which are mostly useless. I for one am happy to give you the benefit of the doubt but personally wouldn't take up the option of installing it until it has been up and running for a proven length of time.

Karen

Ozbey

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 349 in Discussion

Sounds to me as though you have been called , on technical details, by mmmmmm and have decided to move on. Suggests to me that mmmmmm was right, otherwise if in the right you would not roll over so easily.

To those so keen to try this service, maybe you should thank mmmmmm for saving you from losing all your up front payments when the pirate eventual would have to cut and run.

Regards,

Ozbey.

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 349 in Discussion

price please charles , or is 6ms correct ???

Turtle

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 349 in Discussion

I think we should do as suggested and await more info before getting too excited, we do also need to listen to Mark as he is in the "business" and appears to know what he is talking about.

There seems to be a difference of opinion/technical info and I suppose in a few days it will become clear if this is for real.................if it is it sounds like a winner !

Hector

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 349 in Discussion

Personally I'll trust mmmmmmmmmmm.

To threaten to launch this 'service' elsewhere is a cynical sales ploy like 'sign today or you wont get the discount' blackmail. I think someone has already said the right quote 'if it seems too good to be true it probably is.'

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 349 in Discussion

Very sensible approach, the systems that you refer to have been about for years and involve hacking the codes / keys of paid TV providers which is highly illegal and very un stable so should never be installed or purchased as a way of watching TV !

This NEW system is completely different (They would say that you think) well some people may but not us this venture is costing millions to set up.

It has its own dedicated Transponder on the satellite "Very Expensive to lease and cannot be done short term"

It has its own uplink & computer centre "Again Very Expensive and not done on a whim"

It is encrypted in Iredeto "Very Expensive to obtain & cannot be purchased as a short term basis"

The owners have employed the best lawers available to ensure that what they are investing their hard earned cash into is 100% secure.

+ many other technical implementations have been used to ensure that this service is 2nd to none and stable, Legal and here for years to come

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 349 in Discussion

my last post was in response to this one:

Hi Charles

I think the reason people are a bit suspicious on the board is because most of us have been bitten by purchasing systems which work perfectly for a couple of weeks then the systems get scrambled and you end up with a system which only shows hundreds of channels which are mostly useless. I for one am happy to give you the benefit of the doubt but personally wouldn't take up the option of installing it until it has been up and running for a proven length of time.

Karen

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 349 in Discussion

what do you think 6ms???

Hector

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 349 in Discussion

Is this the company? It is basically advertising to supply Sky TV and a way of getting round the Sky rules re outside the UK it seems to me.

Mark I await your valued opinion.

http://www.uktveurope.com/aboutus.php

Turtle

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 349 in Discussion

Why no credible email address ?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 349 in Discussion

"Personally I'll trust mmmmmmmmmmm.

To threaten to launch this 'service' elsewhere is a cynical sales ploy like 'sign today or you wont get the discount' blackmail. I think someone has already said the right quote 'if it seems too good to be true it probably is."

That was not a sales ploy at all this system will be huge right accross the MED and we can concentrate our approach where we see fit. I just get very angry when certain people jump all over something before they have even given it a chance or understand it and that type of attitude does not motivate me to fight through pointless arguements to try and make the details available the the masses.

Thats fine but how can you trust an opinion of someone who has absolutely NO knowledge of what this service is he cannot comment on something that he has no information on at present maybe next week when we launch he can comment with the facts available but i am sorry for now he is guessing badly and is way off the mark !

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 349 in Discussion

Is this the company? It is basically advertising to supply Sky TV and a way of getting round the Sky rules re outside the UK it seems to me. Mark I await your valued opinion. http://www.uktveurope.com/aboutus.php

No this is not the company please just wait until next week and all will be clear and website, email, actual address, landline, business registration number & my aunties cats name will be made available !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 349 in Discussion

Hi Rowlo

re 38

My stance is the same - they are going to try and charge for someone else's FREE service and tell you THEY are "legit". The reality is "Charles" reckons they've taken legal advice..

Now it is claimed they are going to be using Irdeto ( a company I have worked with closely )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/veta_mark/1406307134/

"Charles" I also know know "the birds" ( satellites) and the going rates, the uplink centres and most of all - if a new startup is going to sail this close to the wind and the uplink / satellite is EU owed/ based , you will NOT last beyond an injunction for rebroadcasting.

Even if you went the Non -EU "bird" route you won't be "safe" from the law..

Perhaps you might like to tell us which bird you will be using and if you are so close to broadcasting - which transponder and I can have a look ;)

Teamcharms

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 349 in Discussion

Sounding good to me - keep us posted. It seems to me there are some people on this board with far too much time on their hands!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 349 in Discussion

Hi Hector

re 39

No, as "Charles" says this a company supplying SKY outside the UK / IRL.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 349 in Discussion

Now it is claimed they are going to be using Irdeto ( a company I have worked with closely )

** Not going to are using NOW **

"Charles" I also know know "the birds" ( satellites) and the going rates, the uplink centres and most of all - if a new startup is going to sail this close to the wind and the uplink / satellite is EU owed/ based , you will NOT last beyond an injunction for rebroadcasting.

** Its already been Broadcasting for a month live and longer in test**

Even if you went the Non -EU "bird" route you won't be "safe" from the law..

** If you were fully aware of the set up you may think differently **

Perhaps you might like to tell us which bird you will be using and if you are so close to broadcasting - which transponder and I can have a look ;)

The Bird is already in use, Email me if you want to get technical and are interested in getting involved and i will supply you with what info you need !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles"

re msg 46

I think you know you've met your match.. Run along and find someone who REALLY knows what they are talking about..

Post the info on here.. I'm sure the members would love to see me take a fall...

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 349 in Discussion

Come on Mark, give it a rest. You are beginning to sound like the founder member of the 'flat earth society'

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 349 in Discussion

Hi AJ,

re msg 48

Ooops, I feel another "holiday" coming on... ;)

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 349 in Discussion

"Dear "Charles" re msg 46 I think you know you've met your match.. Run along and find someone who REALLY knows what they are talking about.. Post the info on here.. I'm sure the members would love to see me take a fall... "

I am happy for you that you are that confident in your links with encryption companies & uplink centres that you are 100% sure and 100% confident that you are correct about your opinions on this new venture, but i am very sorry to burst your bubble but on this occasion you are very, very wrong !

They have their own uplink centre, they are broadcasting NOW, they are already using your so called friends encryption software.

If you were such an expert on satellite TV as you claim to be or even slightly talented at surfing the NET you would already know which satellite they are broadcasting from & could confirm the encryption provider they are using I guess the match you thought i had met has just made you look a little silly !

Charles

PaulW

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 349 in Discussion

Interestingly, just watching "Dragon's Den"

I'll say no more because I do not know enough about the subject, but, suffice to say, my money's on Mark.

J - 'illegaly' posting!

J

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
29/07/2009 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 349 in Discussion

To all sensible forum members, I am very sorry if this thread has become very un-professional & seems to be losing its initial purpose.

I will not respond to the ramblings of the M's anymore as it does not add anything positive to this subject matter.

Please be patient and wait until next week and i will post all the relevant information and then you can make your own minds up / opinions about this new venture without constant bickering and un informed members trying to discredit something they clearly have no understanding of at all.

Offshore1

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 349 in Discussion

I'm all for a bit of "piracy" and have many happy memories of Radio Caroline and the role a bit of free spirit and enterprise played in shaking up radio in the UK. In fact there are parallels with the TRNC which is itself something of an "offshore pirate" - in the nicest possible way.

Fact remains however the UKTVdirect's unwillingness to give information which should be freely available if the project is as advanced and legal as claimed points to the whole thing being at best a complete wind up - or at worst a scam.

MMMM has highlighted the technical inconsistencies. The piracy aspect troubles me less but either way I will happily eat my hat if this service ever gets off the ground.

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 349 in Discussion

This system has been "spammed" across many forums in Europe, especially here in Spain, the same scepticism from many people.

One forum managed to post that this was the company "involved" in distributing the system to "dealers" around Europe. http://www.btnsat.co.uk - website registered in Morocco!

As you will see it is not a very professional website for someone who has invested millions into the system.

Before the discussion on a popular satellite forum was remove, due to "discussion of illegal activites" it was discovered that the siganls are from Intelsat at 24.5 west. Someone somewhere is receiving signals from the main UK satellites and uplinking them to their own transponder and offering these rebroadcsating signals to "dealers" in Europe.

They are using HD compression to fit 24 channels onto one frequency, and that is why you need a HD box to receive them, as only a HD box can decompress the signals.

Someone quoted installation and 1 years subscriptions to be around 500 euros.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 01:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 349 in Discussion

Thanks for the heads up "Spaman"

NOW, I get the "we are broadcasting in HD"".. I KNEW that had to be nonsense..

So, "Charles".. perhaps you can tell us what spot you have on 905..?

If it is spot one you are going to need a MUCH bigger dish than you claim.. We tested 905 as a possible platform to broadcast Russian language TV across Europe.

Do check out the map

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel905_spot1.html

I can hardly see Intelsat wanting to fight the BBC re illegal broadcasting.

Of course, WHAT do I know ?! ;)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 01:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 349 in Discussion

))))) Spaman ... :-[

*Spanman* - my apologies...

wanderer

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 01:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 349 in Discussion

"This NEW Service is direct from the satellite in HD and completely different it has cost well over 2 Million Euro's to set up to date "

So" I" have just spent 2 million Euro on set up to date

How do I get a big quick return on my investment???????????????

National Billboard campaign?

National Newspaper ADS?

National Radio Campaign?

I've Got IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POST ON CYPRUS 44

The TRNC population will give me immediate payback on the investment of 2 million euros `

In the words of the much replayed on TV programme and cult hero

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT"

V Meldrew

TheSaints

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 02:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 349 in Discussion

Think I'll just stick with the motorised dish and the next box, it does the job and no monthly fees .........................

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 04:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 349 in Discussion

Just to clarify:none of the channels are actually in HD, its just the HD compression they are using.

Someone on another forum here in Spain said this was "rebroadacsting using satellite and not land based transmitters", which may be a thinly veilled attempt at making people think these are signals from the actual main UK TV satellites (Astra 2) and not from a system that has "borrowed" the signals.

Talk in Spain is that this is a way around a problem whereby many of the land based rebroadcaster frequencies have been bought by mobile phone companies for their 3g services, which are starting soon

Just think that if it was indeed a true legit system then I am sure the operators of this new system would oblige in posting the nonsensitive parts of thier contracts with the channels they are rebroadcasting, so that everyone can see that they are complying with international copyright laws, which just about every country in the world is part to, and using these channels with permissio

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 04:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 349 in Discussion

nnnnn ,

It is on 11055 H symbol rate 18500 (hence the HD box!) and they recently changed their FEC from 3/4 to 5/6.

There are no channel names - just TV1 and TV2 and TV3 for example, so it is not obvious that these are UK TV channels.

Many of the channels are available for free from Astra 2- True Movies, Horror, etc but they are also trying to pissoff the Arabs / Middle East companies also by having Fox Movies and Fox Series from Nilesat 7w/ Arabsat 26e on there also.

I picked it up from http://forum.g-sat.net/showthread.php?p=679693 - you'll need to Google translate it! The signals have been there since the first week of the month.

They may be trying getting around the "legal" aspect by claiming it is a private data network and not a public network, and can only be access by a viewing card, which is not really available to the general public.

Hope this helps a bit more. We have loads of grief over TV here in Spain recently, as you see from your links you posted

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 07:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 349 in Discussion

All very interesting, I can't wait until uktv comes back on this one.

Stewart

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 08:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 349 in Discussion

Think I can wait untill monday to make / pass judgement on this one....

stevie-d

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 349 in Discussion

Hi minertor nothing wrong with my timer, just interested in what the guy has on offer.

stevie-d

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 349 in Discussion

OK, Rumour after Rumour without clear facts !

This service will not be forced on anyone you have the the choice to say yes or no once you have been presented with all the information so wait see what happens next week and then decide what your view is.

If you love it go for it or if you are still not convinced then don't.

We are just in the process of setting up demonstration points over the next 2 weeks so you will be able to go have a look, meet the installation companies & ask any extra questions you may have.

Charles

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 349 in Discussion

"OK, Rumour after Rumour without clear facts !"

What part of the above posts are rumour and not facts? Why not clear it up now and post the facts?

Are the signals for this service being transmitted from Intelsat 11055?

Are the channels in HD or not?

Does the signal provider have an actual company name or offical website? (they must if they have spent millions on the system)

Does the signal provider hold all the relevant copyright agreements from the channels and programme makers to rebroadcast copyrighted material as required by international copyright law?

Have "pushers" of this system been kicked off various forums for "spamming"? http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/sky-digital-bskyb-uk-platform-astra-28-2e-astra-2d-fringe-reception-tech/155662-where-has-bbc-itv-conversation-gone.html

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/suggestions-feedback-our-web-site-operation/155669-private-messaging.html

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 349 in Discussion

Hi Spanman

re msg 60

Thanks for heads up on the freqs !

I believe Iknow this transponder very well - I'm pretty certain it is THE one we used in testing the failed attempt for Russian TV !!! ( Russian TV Time ?)

In Lima(s)sol we needed a 1.5m dish to get reliable summer signals and in Larnaca a 1.9m

This "bird" is quite old, isn't it? It used to be located in another place before it needed replacing. If I remember the satellite is "inclined" ( moves about in the SKY - as the fuel is low - not as geostationary as it should be, and getting worse all the time ) ?

This means it is a "cheap" satellite to rent- as it is near the end of it's life cycle and the dish size req'd gets bigger as the bird moves about too much -more and more- presumably, this will particularly affect Cyprus - as it isn't even officially covered by the footprint ?!

What this says to me is this it NOT a long-term project, unless Intelsat are committed to replace ( nearly double the rent !)

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 349 in Discussion

The only people who seem to protest about this service are the ones involved in large dish satellite installation. I guess its the competition that makes them angry which is understandable given that this will have a massive impact on the installers who charge inflated prices for their services.

If you read the thread from top to bottom you will see it clearly states that the signal is broadcast in HD but the channels are not watchable in HD but the picture quality is very good.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 349 in Discussion

)))

>>The only people who seem to protest about this service are the ones involved in large dish satellite installation.<<

Finally got around to "checking me out", eh? My profile is pretty comprehensive..Pity you forgot to check that I'm now in the UK - I don't get involved in large dish installs ! ....I DO recommend installers who know their onions..

If I was afraid of "competition", ( or serious about Big dish sales) I'd hardly be on here recommending Nilesat to folk who want a few English channels. How would I be making money - if I don't even sell or live in "TRNC" ?! ;)

BTW, In most of Spain, folk don't NEED a big dish to pick up the proper Astra 2D feeds ! ( BBC/ ITV)

Now if you had been open and honest about "your" project.. WHY mention "HD" as you are only broadcasting std definition, unless you wanted to mislead.... ?

My motives - I don't want to see folk cheated

We both know that your service intends stealing content from

ronie

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 349 in Discussion

Where were you getting satellite signals from 35 years ago?Which satellite will you be working from here?

Another pirate.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 349 in Discussion

Reading through the forum lots have already fallen fowl of the pirate TV installers here that hack the codes on pay tv channels so i think people are sensible enough to look at the full facts when available and investigate it and make a descision for themselves.

As I said before you are not in posession of all the facts so are just guessing which is not very professional may I suggest you wait and comment when you know what you are talking about.

Charles

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 349 in Discussion

"Where were you getting satellite signals from 35 years ago?Which satellite will you be working from here?"

I have been involved in the Military, Telecoms & TV industry for many, many years well before SKY and the other big boys appeared.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 349 in Discussion

companies who will NOT approve of it... you are going to be relying on "grey aspects" of the law .

As with other pirate cos.. they NEED you to buy specialist kit - that is pretty useless if the project fails and you are relying in big - up front payments.

I suggest that if you have faith in your project - you'd be doing what Sky do.. subsidise the receivers to keep clients long term and make the money by KEEPING subscribers long term - and charging monthly

Why do I have the feeling your project will require a large up front cost from punters? - because you know you won't survive without it - you aren't adequately funded - 2 million Euros is peanuts - and IF you have your own uplink facility - that money is long gone...

Washerman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 349 in Discussion

Personally, I don't know why everyone is getting so excited over this.

Live ITV and BBC (1, 2, 3 and 4) has been available here for the last six months via UK VPN - You need a 1 Meg internet connection to watch live but you can download BBC 1-4 and watch the next day on a 512 kbps.

75TL set up and 12.5TL per month for the VPN from a local, registered tax paying company.

Hundreds of expats are already doing this. Cables and connection to TV cost extra (approx 50TL depending upon type of TV)

Internet can be a problem some of the time but as long as you have downloaded programmes on your PC, you can still enjoy.

This system wasn't sold as a standalone TV system originally but lots of people have sacked their other TV suppliers and go it alone with this system.

My money is on MMMMMM, who obviously knows and understands this business and as usual, enthusiastically defends his knowledge.

I think that expats have invested enough in TV with problems to understand the risks

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles, re msg 70

>>you are not in posession of all the facts so are just guessing which is not very professional may I suggest you wait and comment when you know what you are talking about.

<<

We asked you for technical details and you told *us* to go look it up !

Then you tell *us* we "aren't professional" when we did just that ?!

IF I came on boards announcing a new service, I wouldn't be so evasive - and I'd be especially keen to "put down" a "know it all" with facts to counter any negative rumours..

Could you answer a straight simple question?

Do you have permission from the BBC , ITV , C4 , Five and any other channel you intend to rebroadcast?

Chegwin

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 349 in Discussion

Who needs a telly with a thread like this??

Chegwin

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 349 in Discussion

Mark knows his stuff alright.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 349 in Discussion

re 73

Dear Washerman

>>Live ITV and BBC (1, 2, 3 and 4) has been available here for the last six months via UK VPN - You need a 1 Meg internet connection to watch live but you can download BBC 1-4 and watch the next day on a 512 kbps.

75TL set up and 12.5TL per month for the VPN from a local, registered tax paying company. <<

"Nice" of you to defend me and then to try to promote your(?) "baby"! ;)

A quick search of the internet will show hundreds of company doing VPNs - charging nothing for setup and less for monthly premiums...and they have been going longer.

As you know I have a hobby biz doing something similar and I charge a LOT more than that .. I wonder why;)

rocky

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 349 in Discussion

if your lives evolve around tv that is sad nature has far more to offer

negativenick

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 349 in Discussion

bleedin 'ell.......

sheffpants

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 349 in Discussion

Response to message 1

Hi

My company may be interested in providing the installation contract for you. We have experience with this kind of setup and are in a position to help.

Please email me if you are interested in meeting to discus...

Thanks

Steve

steve@jjslandcsapes.com

0542 886 2332

http://www.jjslandscapes.com

Washerman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 349 in Discussion

MMMMMM - Promote my Baby???

I have several 'local' business interests and have come to learn that NC44 is not a good place to advertise them. In fact, I actively encourage my customers/friends to refrain from posting comments, no matter how pleased they are with a product/service!

In any event, I didn't post contact details, and 2 posts in 6 months on this topic, hardly a 'promotion!'

FYI - I have lived and legally worked in NC for 6 and a half years and all my customers(friends) have my personal telephone number, they can call 24/7 and they know where I live and regularly visit.

Any of your googled suppliers meet this standard?

MMMMMM - sometimes, your lack of 'local' knowledge shows through in your posts. Not everyone is as'bright' as you, some folks need help and support with IT and that is where we come in, unfortunatley, as a legal entity, we support the local economy by paying our taxes etc. and therefore, we have to charge for such a service. People understand

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 349 in Discussion

Jeez!!!

None of you 'techy' wallahs seems to have the faintest idea of how to run a business.

All you are doing is alienating potential customers with your constant sniping at each other.

What we, the great unwashed, want to know is can any of you provide a legal & future secure access to UK channels without having 'Jodrell Bank' in our backyards, at reasonable cost.

Focus chaps, focus!

Or lose potential customers.

Rob

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 349 in Discussion

re 81

Washerman

>>I have several 'local' business interests<<

Yes, I remember reading some of the posts of clients of some of them..

>>have come to learn that NC44 is not a good place to advertise them<<

you "forgot" your own "rule", apparently ! ;)

>>In any event, I didn't post contact details<<

Agreed, but why post the prices of your service and offer it as an alternative ? Even though I can offer a VPN, I always say there's nothing better than sitting down in front of a TV - rather than a PC/ laptop.

>>Not everyone is as'bright' as you, some folks need help and support with IT and that is where we come i<<

Luckily, "we" have kit that allows us to remotely control a client's pc anywhere in the world - no special hardware / software needed - and for most clients they don't need to pay for a personal visit.

But YES I see the need for personal contact..

However, WHERE are your VPN servers? .. They are in the UK, right?!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 349 in Discussion

re 82

RobNJo

>>None of you 'techy' wallahs seems to have the faintest idea of how to run a business.

All you are doing is alienating potential customers with your constant sniping at each other. <<

1/ *I* am not selling anything to anyone in the "TRNC" that isn't illegal, and I'm not trying to make a living selling to anyone there anyway..

2/ Being techy is how I earn my dosh ..

>>What we, the great unwashed, want to know is can any of you provide a legal & future secure access to UK channels without having 'Jodrell Bank' in our backyards, at reasonable cost. <<

It should be clear to you, by now - as you asked so many questions - that the only LEGAL way to receive the BBCs/ ITVs of this world *is* via big dishes or VPNs. You aren't going to be sued for using an illegal service - but you won't be able to use it for long and WILL be outta pocket .

One more time... I have nothing to lose by pointing this out and nothing to gain by seeing another pirate go to the

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 349 in Discussion

Cont

go to the wall, hopefully not taking too many punters hard earned cash with them ;)

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 349 in Discussion

I notice none of my questions have been answered, so am I correct in assuming these will be answered on Monday also?

Please can you also provide me with a link as to where I can find legislation that expempts this service from International Copyright Law? If you need a few pointers pop it into Google as thee are way too many to list here!

Also, should this system be removed for whatever reason (technical or copyright infringment), will all your clients get a FULL refund for a service they can no longer receive?

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 349 in Discussion

Mark

"1/ *I* am not selling anything to anyone in the "TRNC" that isn't illegal, and I'm not trying to make a living selling to anyone there anyway.. "

I presume there was a typo in there?

" the only LEGAL way to receive the BBCs/ ITVs of this world *is* via big dishes or VPNs. You aren't going to be sued for using an illegal service - but you won't be able to use it for long and WILL be outta pocket ."

So you are saying that such services are still illegal and the 'supplier' will be the one facing legal action, rather than the client?

Still not very helpful.

No wonder so many Companies come & go. You had a business failure in Russia, or Soviet Bloc Country I seem to remember.?

Washerman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 349 in Discussion

mmmmmm - Do you really think that 'real' genuine customers/friends would post bad remarks on here (as opposed to telephoning to discuss) Don't be taken in by the axegrinders', you'll end up being one yourself!

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/18974.asp

I have come to learn not to advertise on NC 44 - nothing wrong in saying that. It is not me that forgot, maybe you forgot what I wrote?

Again you didn't read. I (do) connect to the TV! - Personal service -

Kit to connect? - you mean VNC?- Most people don't like people connecting to their PCs (that they don't know and trust) - I do this many times a day for people that know me and trust me.

Servers in the UK - really! No, they are in Albania? - Silly answer to a silly question.

I try to post helpful information - not 'promote' and you spit your dummy out.

mmmmmm - please no more! You run the risk of spoiling this thread/forum!

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 349 in Discussion

Hi Rob re 87

Sorry what typo?

>>1/ *I* am not selling anything to anyone in the "TRNC" that isn't illegal, and I'm not trying to make a living selling to anyone there anyway.. <<

Simple explanation - based all all I've responded to you before ..

I as in me not selling something that is illegal

>>So you are saying that such services are still illegal and the 'supplier' will be the one facing legal action, rather than the client? <<

If you are referring to the rebroadcasting of, and selling of, FREE to view content, via re-broadcasting - YES, I'm saying just that..

>>Still not very helpful. <<

Could you expand as to what you mean.. ? Who isn't being "helpful"?

>> You had a business failure in Russia, or Soviet Bloc Country I seem to remember.?<<

You remember wrong. When a ROC reg'd company I was a Director of ( I only had 30% ) chose Intelsat-905. I pulled out. I saw this as a foolish choice- can I help you with anything else? ;)

zerochlor

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 349 in Discussion

ohh lordie lordie

does it really matter?

no matter what system is brought to the world,theres always some 1 who will find a way to steal,pirate,copy,what ever it is .

like the big pc program makers. they make a good virus,then make a anti virus,good business.

i know it all makes for a good discussion, but every week some 1 comes with i feel a wind up for MMMMMM

and ive got a funny feeling this thread is also a wind up!

anyway,its kept me interested for a few hours.

bye the way, can any 1 tell me yet how to reprogram a dreambox connected to my computer so i can carry on watching all my channels?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Washerman

re msg 87

>>Do you really think that 'real' genuine customers/friends would post bad remarks on here (as opposed to telephoning to discuss) Don't be taken in by the axegrinders', you'll end up being one yourself! <<

YES, sometimes they are people who don't like you / me and sometimes they do it if they genuinely feel they can't get something resolved..

>>Again you didn't read. I (do) connect to the TV! - Personal service - <<

and you know that is NOT A) the same quality and B) as "easy" ..

>>Kit to connect? - you mean VNC?-<<

No, there is NOTHING to configure or install - other that a little java prog WE send.

>>Most people don't like people connecting to their PCs I do this many times a day for people that know me and trust me. <<

Sorry, Paul. Don't agree.. BT and many other IT companies use the same hardware based service to remotely access clients pcs and they can terminate the session at ANY time!

You diverted this thread, n

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 349 in Discussion

Most of us buy pirated (could not spell schnide) DVD's, we buy fake T Shirts, sunglasses, etc.

If we can get an illegal signal showing BBC/ITV on a proper TV not a PC, some would be interested.

If we can get this the way Mark suggests, a subsidised box, with a monthly rental, no problem.

If it is going to be a big up-front payment, (regardless of what is guaranteed) it will be a waste of time.

However, there are enough gullible idiots that have been ripped off before and will, no doubt, believe this is the next best thing since sliced bread. AGAIN!

Bye the way, before sliced bread came along, what was the next best thing?

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 349 in Discussion

Mark

"*I* am not selling anything to anyone in the "TRNC" that isn't illegal,"

That means you may be selling something 'illegal' in TRNC.

Silly pedantic point!

I'll get me coat!

Rob

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 349 in Discussion

Dear ZeroChlor re 90

>>i know it all makes for a good discussion, but every week some 1 comes with i feel a wind up for MMMMMM

and ive got a funny feeling this thread is also a wind up! <<

Well, if you think THAT, it shows you aren't in a position to comment ! Do you think "Charles" is going to spam loads of ex pat forums just to "tease me" ?!

Sorry, once again to hear about you dream box needing codes - it neatly demonstrates the negative aspects of piracy.

Stubs

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 349 in Discussion

Im just a little surprised that the person who started this thread has mostly avoided the technical questions put to him.

People who have genuine business and provide a genuine service will answer as many questions as they can on the subject.

I have seen Vaughan for years give people free technical advice on pools which in turn has built himself a credible reputation.

If something seems to good to be true.........it normally is

zerochlor

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 349 in Discussion

Message 94

are you sure its charles doing the spamming?

i did see the wed addresses some 1 posted to the spamming

hey mmmmm

wats this //Well, if you think THAT, it shows you aren't in a position to comment !

of course im in a position to comment. as all on this forum are in a position to comment.

and yes,i suppose it does show the downside to piracy me needing codes for my dreambox, i just need some 1 to show me once where to aquire them and how to program them into my box and im away then,i can do all myself.

im quite looking forward to mondays post from charles,with his wonder satalite channels that wont ever go off!!

Arthur

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 349 in Discussion

Blimey, I've seen some good punch-ups on this forum [been involved in some as well], but this is brilliant!!!

I don't always agree with 6M, but it sounds to me like he knows his stuff.

As for me and satellites, I'll stick to listening to "Telstar" by the Tornadoes

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 349 in Discussion

Hi Arthur,

rem ssg 97

>>I don't always agree with 6M, but it sounds to me like he knows his stuff. <<

I think that Spanman and Iceman are MUCH more experienced at the receiving end than me.., but thanks!

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 349 in Discussion

"It is on 11055 H symbol rate 18500 (hence the HD box!) and they recently changed their FEC from 3/4 to 5/6."

Sorry to correct you but the FEC was never 3/4 it was 8/9 and was altered to improve performance.

rowlo

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 349 in Discussion

what does that mean mark???

snakes

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 349 in Discussion

just a thought !!! as i dont often have them anymore on this forum ! but although it sounds great for those tv people which i am not ! but if it cost so much to set up (2 mill euros) perhaps we would have heard of this system via market research ie business people sinking 2 mill into a venture would surely make sure we would subscribe ! anyone who has been in business would do this ! but on the positive side great if all ok once reading the stuff !!

regards

Washerman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 349 in Discussion

Oh go on then. I give in!

All you need to know:-

http://www.the-tv-club.com

Washerman

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 349 in Discussion

"Sorry to correct you but the FEC was never 3/4 it was 8/9 and was altered to improve performance."

actually on the 7/7/09 the FEC was 3/4,

see

http://forum.g-sat.net/showthread.php?p=679693

and a post form someone distributing the system 2 days ago said it was changed to 5/6 on the 23/7/09.

http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=4869

So has it changed yet again...?

"I think that Spanman and Iceman are MUCH more experienced at the receiving end than me"

Please can you rephrase that????????

Hector

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 349 in Discussion

I like to be original. All I can say is

'It's one small dish for a uktvman, one giant dish for mmmmmmmmm.'

Arthur

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 349 in Discussion

Sounds to me that 6M is suggesting Spanman & Iceman were "close personal friends and confidant's" of the late but perhaps not lamented Rock Hudson

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 349 in Discussion

"Sounds to me that 6M is suggesting Spanman & Iceman were "close personal friends and confidant's" of the late but perhaps not lamented Rock Hudson "

I was going to post "Not too sure how to take that", but thought better of it!

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 349 in Discussion

"Sorry to correct you but the FEC was never 3/4 it was 8/9 and was altered to improve performance."

"actually on the 7/7/09 the FEC was 3/4, see http://forum.g-sat.net/showthread.php?p=679693

and a post form someone distributing the system 2 days ago said it was changed to 5/6 on the 23/7/09.

http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=4869 So has it changed yet again...?

No it has not changed again it was on 8/9 and changed to 5/6 it has NEVER been on 3/4 !!!!!!

The other poster on g-sat you refer to obviously made an error & prior to the current update on king of sat it said FEC 8/9 which is correct.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Arthur

re msg 105

I DO know and respect Iceman, but Spanman and I have never had the "pleasure "

re msg 103 Spanman

>>"I think that Spanman and Iceman are MUCH more experienced at the receiving end than me"

Please can you rephrase that????????<<

re 102

See.. that was easy, Paul ;)

Would you refer "I'm better at the head end" stuff ;) !?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Rowlo

re msg 100

FEC - what does that mean.?

Well , if you were Irish...

As you're not.

FEC stand for

Forward Error Correction

"The aim of this is to recognise and correct typical errors that are likely to appear along the transmission path. This facilitates problem-free reception even under adverse weather conditions."

source: http://www.technisat.com/index930c.html?nav=Satellite_glossary,en,38&index=F#satlex

In this context they are talking about the FEC ratio for a receiver to tune into a channel it needs to know the Frequency, Polarisation and FEC Ratio.. for starters.

Can you understand what the FEC we are talking about ?

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 349 in Discussion

re107

"it has NEVER been on 3/4 !!!!!!"

Weird, as I was getting the signals using 3/4 before they changed it.

Ho Hum. Never mind..it must have been another package of 20plus in S2/8PSK on the same frequency then....!

re108

but Spanman and I have never had the "pleasure"

Would you refer "I'm better at the head end" stuff ;) !?

Erm...erm...erm...

*THINKS - Starting to regret joining this forum now!*

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 349 in Discussion

re 88

Washerman..

missed these two..

>>Servers in the UK - really! No, they are in Albania? - Silly answer to a silly question. <<

You know VERY well the point I'm making is that *I* control my VPN servers - I can touch them.. The most important part of the VPN biz is to be able to look after the servers ( the hardware) that our clients rely on... ;)

>>I try to post helpful information - not 'promote' and you spit your dummy out. <<

I hardly think my ironically noticing you joined in to "support" me AND mention your VPN biz was " spitting the dummy out " .. a tad exaggerated, not ?

Was I ribbing you, YES..

Take care...

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 349 in Discussion

"Weird, as I was getting the signals using 3/4 before they changed it." extremely wierd as it was on 8/9.

I have had reception of the package since the start of July and know exactly which FEC's / Frequencies it has and is broadcasting on so do not try and wriggle out of your obvious lack of credible information by pretending you were receiving a signal on an FEC that it has never used.

If you were that sure which FEC it was on in the past & were indeed receiving a signal why quote a lame link on g-sat to try and prove your point ?

Anyway this is a stupid you keep posting your 50% fact / 50% rumour statements and confuse everybody on here.

Keep installing the large dishes in Spain for crazy prices and Leave "TRNC" forum members to make their own minds up when they have all the facts next week.

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 349 in Discussion

I have many more "lame links" with the FEC of 3/4 on if you want them also, and reception reports from people who have monitored that frequency over the last montha also.

Any way what about answers to the other questions that you have so far "tactically" dodged?

Surely promoting the fact that you have permission, as per International Copyright Law, from all the channels your system is transmitting would be a great part of promotion.

And, again, what is the name of the company who is providing the channels and uplink - if they have spent millions they must have a legal name / listing somewhere? If you do not know why promote something you know nothing about????

These are questions that many potential clients would probably like to be answered, so that they do not get stung again!

Its not too much to ask is it? Or should we wait until next week when all will be answered?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 349 in Discussion

I think the the "TRNC" forum members should wait until next week for more information and you should concentrate on installing large dishes in Spain.

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 349 in Discussion

"I think the the "TRNC" forum members should wait until next week for more information"

So all questions wil be answered then?

"and you should concentrate on installing large dishes in Spain"

Could be a bit difficult as I am not a satellite dish installer! I work freelance for TV production companies in Spain and France!

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 349 in Discussion

So all you techies are still squabbling like kids while you lose more and more credibility in your prospective customers eyes.

I will happily wait till next week for more info from uktvdirect.

Turtle

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 349 in Discussion

Wow a proper thread, not seen one of these for months

Informative, passionate, opinions, eastenders........................ its got the lot

Can't wait til Monday c'mon Charlie boy spilll the beans now.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 349 in Discussion

Mate of Marks, sorry I meant 'spanman'

Interesting that you have just joined and your only interest is posting about sat systems that maybe might take business away from you.

Lets see what else you post on Cyprus44 that promotes the TRNC.

Turtle

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 349 in Discussion

Incidentlley, why all the interest in TRNC with this wizz bang system, surely there are bigger fish in the Med ?

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 349 in Discussion

As opposed to just joining and advertising a miracle cure for TV reception woes and then not saying anything about the system or its legallity?

I found this thread via a few links on other satellite and expat forums which have been discussing the very same system with their "just joined posters ", and thought that maybe some more information about the system may be forthcoming from another source, like "Charles".

Who told you what satellite transponder / frequency it was on? Me or "Charles"?

I have an alledged channel list also, that was posted on another forum.

ITV 1

ITV 2

ITV 3

ITV 4

Channel 4

Five

BBC 1

BBC 2

BBC 3

BBC 4

Film 4

Movies 4 Men

Movies 4 Men 2

True Movies

True Movies 2

E4

More UK

Zone Horror + 1

CNN International

Sky News

BBC News

Fox Movies

Fox Series

Travel Channel

And as I said I work freelance in TV production, not TV distribution, so I cannot see how this will "take business away".

berkeh2001

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 349 in Discussion

stick to the 4.2 mtr dish can't go wrong )))) have fun uktv direct and good luck

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 349 in Discussion

"Who told you what satellite transponder / frequency it was on? Me or "Charles"?

** Do you want a medal or award maybe ? **

I have an alledged channel list also, that was posted on another forum.

ITV 1, ITV 2, ITV 3, ITV 4, Channel 4, Five, BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, Film 4, Movies 4 Men, Movies 4 Men, True Movies, True Movies 2, E4, More 4, Zone Horror, CNN, Sky News, BBC News, Fox Movies, Fox Series , Travel Channel"

** Thanks for the advert the company will be very pleased **

You missed Cbeebies & CBBC & this is not the final channel line up yet + many more channels will be added later this year / early next year

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 349 in Discussion

UKTVdirect

One question I have which you should be able to answer straightaway.

Is this an upfront charge or a monthly charge?

It makes all the difference to us.

Thanks

Karen

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 349 in Discussion

sorry it should have read

"Is there an upfront charge or a monthly charge?"

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 349 in Discussion

Re 122

A bit of advertising for you must mean you can return the favor and answer one quesiton of mine.

Of all those channels mentioned, how many of those channels do you have authorisation / permission from, as per International Copyright Law, to retransmit?

I am sure you can post and answer of between 0 and 24....

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 349 in Discussion

Spanman stick to Tv presenting or whatever you do - obviously you are not that busy at the moment or you would not have the time to spend hours trying to spoil this thread.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 349 in Discussion

Before you say I cannot be busy either, my job is to promote the service so i am working !

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 349 in Discussion

orangekazzie - I will post more information after the weekend re prices & ongoing costs.

spanman

Message Posted:
30/07/2009 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 349 in Discussion

"Spanman stick to Tv presenting or whatever you do - obviously you are not that busy at the moment or you would not have the time to spend hours trying to spoil this thread. "

Yes. How dare I post after I have finished work - in my own time - my bad.

I will take your null response answer as being "zero permission granted" then.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 349 in Discussion

Spankman - you are like a wart very strange and difficult to get rid of please go and infest something else your constant badgering is getting very tiresome - you do not even live in the "TRNC" or even anywhere near it and your sole purpose on here is to try and spoil this thread & you obviously have nothing better to fill your time with.

spanman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 349 in Discussion

I live wherever my works takes me, and so I may end up on your other market areas "Turkey, Greece, Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia" so I will await your posts and further information regarding my questions about this system on Monday with eager anticiaption.

Hector

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 00:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect

You old charmer you..that's the way to gain people & potential customers...

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 349 in Discussion

"You old charmer you..that's the way to gain people & potential customers... "

I appologise to the genuine forum members for my outburst but the guy is like a broken record and is only here to amuse himself.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 349 in Discussion

Dear AJ

>>Mate of Marks, sorry I meant 'spanman'

Interesting that you have just joined and your only interest is posting about sat systems that maybe might take business away from you.

Lets see what else you post on Cyprus44 that promotes the TRNC<<

WHAT a pathetic post

1/ "Charles'" market isn't just "TRNC"

2/ I have NEVER met "spanman" and REALLY haven't got a clue as to WHO he is or why he "turned" up.. other than realising he is another professional in the industry.

3/ You might try and remove your blinkers and stop trying to defend Pirates. It is beginning to look like you prefer anarchy and law breaking as some sort of "sport"..

Go ahead and ban me, AGAIN..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 349 in Discussion

re 121 berkeh2001

Well YOU would say that.. you try to sell big dishes.. !

But do you have anything substantial to contribute ?

You might be accused of not being positive about "TRNC" and "annoy" AJ.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 349 in Discussion

Someones climbed out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, calm down and enjoy life

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 349 in Discussion

Just before my enforced "holiday"...

I'll ask again..

"charles" DOES the company re-broadcasting BBC/ ITV et al have legal permission to rebroadcast?

I have contacted the Companies concerned and they are "aware" of someone potentially launching such a service.

The BBC person I spoke to words were

" We have not, and will not, be giving permission for our UK based TV services to be rebroadcast out side the UK by any unlicensed third party for commercial gain."

When I asked what the BBC would DO, as it looked like that is was the plan.

"I cannot comment on what action we will take, other than we would take the matter very seriously and consider the appropriate action to defend our copyright and seek to terminate such broadcasts financial compensation."

Any comments? .. other than we took "legal advice before starting this system"..

Carbotec

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 349 in Discussion

Having read most of your threads, can I say why dont you give Charles a chance, (proof of the pudding) if this is for real I am sure there is a lot of us here would welcome it.

David

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 349 in Discussion

"The BBC person I spoke to words were " We have not, and will not, be giving permission for our UK based TV services to be rebroadcast out side the UK by any unlicensed third party for commercial gain."

** The BBC department you spoke to must keep very late hours seen as though its currently only 8.15 am in the UK and you would have commented on this yeaterday if you had spoken to them then **

Please do not make fairy tale stories up about contacting people in the BBC etc just to try and add weight to your point of view which as i have said before is 50% fact / 50% rumour.

Please post the Contact name and phone number for the person you have spoken to in the BBC so that I can call them and confirm your conversation ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 349 in Discussion

mmmmmm - very strange, earlier in the thread you were 'championing' the fact that you had a java program that gives you remote access to your client's PCs. Now you champion the fact that you can 'touch' your servers and criticize me because you think I can't.

Well, like you, I have remote access to my servers...I putty into them with ease and, I have someone who can touch them if need be however, as you should know, linux is a very stable system and boxes very rarely need touching. I have several linux boxes running 'Voip services' which I can 'touch' if I want to but I never need to.

UKTVDirect - I'm afraid that you have made the same mistake that everyone else makes in advertising something on this forum and you have hit up against the Cyprus44 TV mafia. This forum is not really a good place to advertise goods/services. No-one is really interested. In a very 'British-way,' they just 'crucify' anyone that tries. Good luck to you! Try the local rag 'Cyprus Today' - cont...

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 349 in Discussion

cont... - A word of caution however, on the front page of last week's Cyprus Today's newspaper, everyone was warned to get their residency/work permits and become 'legal.' If you don't, this will be your 'Achilles Heal' and you will be an 'easy target' when competing with legitimate businesses. You can't act as an 'agent' for anything, without the correct permits. The associated costs run to around 675TL per principle, per month (to own/operate a company here.) Further, I would also caution you to be aware that, having ruffled the TV mafia's feathers, don't expect to be about for long,if you are not 'whiter-than-white.'

As far as advertising/promoting it on this media, if I were you, I'd 'throw the towel in now at this 'early' stage, and the last thing that I would do is publish any further details here. Legitimate, North Cyprus businesses work off recommendation not advertising. - cont...

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 349 in Discussion

cont... - If your 'deal' is genuine, try offering customers a free trial, word of mouth advertising will do the rest. The best way to 'put' manners on m and ms and the rest of them, is to contact Izzet and place an ad on the front page of his web site - in a 'google-type way,' you can also have your advertisement appear at the top of threads containing your nominated 'key-words.'

Don't be too worried about m and ms, if this was a comic, m and ms cartoon character would be one who makes people laugh by criticizing everyone that he comes into contact with.

Now, in my opinion, (knock me down with a feather duster if you disagree) this is a balanced post and is of the type that we should want to see more of on Cyprus 44. Over to you...

Washerman

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 349 in Discussion

2nd part of post

cont... - if what you are offering 'competes' - you should be OK!

If, what you are offering is slightly 'illegal' - take no notice of m and ms and the'others,' go full steam ahead, because except for SKy/Digiturk/BBCiplayer etc. - guess what! so is every other TV system that is on offer here!

Personally, I wouldn't offer a service that is illegal because of the risk that it may be stopped at any time and if it was, it would mean that I was letting everyone down but then, I live here and can't just up and run, if and when things go wrong. Your potential customers will have to take into account that they will be looking at a blank screen (if it is illegal and gets stopped,) and will therefore, view you with caution until you get established, but see my recommendation further down (offering a free trial) and this should help you through the 'start-up' period and, it hasn't stopped any of the others. - cont...

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 349 in Discussion

Very balanced post "Washerman" we will be setting up demonstartion points at various points accross the "TRNC" so people can have a look and ask questions.

The local installation companies that are being selected as we speak will all be legal and paying taxes etc so no issues there.

As you have said it is new so will take a while to establish and build confidence but as this is a long term venture i do not see that as a major problem and the company has the financial power to take its time.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 349 in Discussion

Whoops - "Demonstration Points"

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 349 in Discussion

I am interested in being considered to offer installation services. I already have an experienced sat' installer working for me.

Email me. paul(at)northcypruz.com

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 349 in Discussion

Hello "Charles", re 139

I KNEW that would flush you out..

I'm hardly going to make the comment from the BBC person up...

Now.. I'll tell you what.. you tell us that the BBC, ITV, etc., HAVE given you permission to re-broadcast their content via your rented transponder on I-905 and I will email you how to verify.

As has been demonstrated, nearly 100% of the info gleaned about "your" system has been published by us...followed by "attempts" at rubbishing.

So, instead of claiming we don't know what we are talking about, that we are installers with something to lose, or "fibbing" ..

Just answer the question you KEEP avoiding..

Do you have legal permission to rebroadcast the content of BBC / ITV or any UK Freeview content via your service ?

For those of you who believe "charles" and think I might be fibbing.. you should know better.. ;)

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 349 in Discussion

I did not think you had spoken to anyone in the middle of the night at the BBC thanks for confirming that by not suppling proof.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 349 in Discussion

mmmmmmmmmmm Just before my enforced "holiday"...

Enjoy your holiday you sound like you are ready for one the stress is making you post nonsense

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Paul ( washerman)

re msg 140 ( etc.)

Your are responding to a post because you got "touchy" as I pointed out you joined in the thread to promote your VPN - which you DID..

YOU claimed it was better to offer a personal service... it IS.. but I pointed out that in the biz of offering VPNs it is better to be in *direct control* ( not remote - software only ) of the very things that make that service work. You are in "TRNC" the blooming servers are in the UK.. You, and your clients are relying on a faceless third party..

I would prefer the personal service was also at the head end ;)

As for the rest of your posts. well they are even technically accurate.

Having read your posts I am wondering if you have ANY sense of humour or perspective at all.. and you said * I* was "spitting out my dummy".?.

Good advice to "charles", though !

berkeh2001

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 349 in Discussion

re mmmmm thanks very much but because of all these post i am very busy in big dishes as you put it and so is my water tanks . finally i will not get dragged in to this argument i haven 't got the time to spare and i don't think i would be accused of not being positive about the trnc because we are the ones on the front line if any thing dares to happen here and if any one and as you said (aj) gets annoyed with me well that's tough and i don't understand why you have to make a comment about aj getting annoyed with me if any one has something to say to me they should just come out and say it i will say no more about this subject

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "charles"

re 148

>>I did not think you had spoken to anyone in the middle of the night at the BBC thanks for confirming that by not suppling proof.<<

When you first posted "your" intent to rebroadcast a third parties content - claiming " all the various legal angles have been investigated and overcome" I did indeed contact someone at the Beeb I know..

IF you noticed I was "quiet" yesterday pm as I had a meeting with someone in the Beeb about "your" service...

Nothing "happened" overnight... I was just waiting for you to answer the direct question about your permission to re-broadcast... *I* know why it isn't forthcoming ..

As I have said from the start, "your" service can't last long.

As long as you offer subsided receivers and monthly payments the punters are "protected" .. THAT is what conventional well-funded start ups do in this industry..

It would also have contracts for installers/ distribution in place..

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 349 in Discussion

You definately need that holiday

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 349 in Discussion

Dear berkeh2001

re 151

"busy in big dishes"

))

I wonder WHERE you are getting ALL these big dishes from? .. I know that Jonsa aren't flat out making dishes for you and your distie ;) ..

Is there a mini boom in new UK folk moving out to "TRNC" only you know about...?

The whole reason this thread is interesting" is "Charles'" is acting as a "agent" for a company that would be supplying a much needed product... a small dish to get BBC / ITV, etc.

Does he not think that Russians with pots of money didn't look into this using a Bermudan based Sat co, or Russian Satellite and North Africa uplink and STILL walked away - knowing it couldn't last.. ?

Re AJ, sorry I didn't realise you wouldn't *get* the irony .. ;)

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 349 in Discussion

mmmmmm - Does he not think that Russians with pots of money didn't look into this ?

You really do know everybody, Dinner with the director of the BBC last night, Breakfast with the Russian Mafia this morning, a 2 week holiday in the Hamptons with the president of the USA where do your contacts end ?

It must be great to be that popular and well connected

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles"

I don't doubt your SoH, but your continual avoiding a direct answer to a very simple Q is more interesting to me .. and I expect the punters .

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 349 in Discussion

m&m - touchy?...please explain

You make assumptions about me and my business that are putting you at a disadvantage - great!

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Paul ( Washerman)

I assure you I'm not making any assumptions - please continue to go into more details if you wish!

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 349 in Discussion

I prefer to leave you with your assumptions, but if you are asking for advice, I would advise you to expect the worst, and hope for the best.

Washerman

zerochlor

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 349 in Discussion

ohh its hotting up again.

charles!

cant wait until monday.

can you email offline and tell me about your system?

if all you are saying is true,i want to be the 1 who cooks a huge humble pie for mmmmmm,

if not,well charles,looks like back to basics doesnt it!?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Paul ( Washerman)

Just so as members can simply "decide"

I said "I assure you I'm not making any assumptions - please continue to go into more details if you wish!" - I think I was happy to go into detail !

to which you said

>>I prefer to leave you with your assumptions, but if you are asking for advice, I would advise you to expect the worst, and hope for the best. <<

Hmm - I THOUGHT you would say that... The expression about holes and refraining from digging applying here ? !

re Zerochor msg 160

As, ever glad to provide "entertainment" .. and to let my posts be examined with hindsight..

Did you find your code, for your Dreambox yet - you DO seem to be a "wide boy pirates" ideal punter - a glutton for repeat "punishment" ! ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 349 in Discussion

m&m you are far too intelligent for me. I don't even understand some of your posts!

W'man

zerochlor

Message Posted:
31/07/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 349 in Discussion

message 161

no mmmmmm

im a quick learner.but il get there and find the codes myself very soon

i bought my dreambox for $46,

just need some 1 to show me how to reprogram the codes/keys

http://www.eurocardsharing.com/latest-dreambox-keys/f147

im getting there

none of the wide boy pirates have had my kecks down yet!

but thanks for fo-warning me about the pirates, im being quoted £80 to reprogram it

i know i can do it myself?

rigsby

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 349 in Discussion

Hey,Its Monday any thing happened?Just being nosey

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 349 in Discussion

UKTVDIRECT

Tis monday dear boy The suspense is killing me

Is MMMMMM going to eat humble pie

or have i been baking all weekend for nothing?

Chegwin

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 349 in Discussion

He is probably watching telly............

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 349 in Discussion

Hello all,

Isn't this exciting, Just waiting for the NEW website to be published and then I will post the link.

Cheers

Charles

cronos

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 349 in Discussion

Charles....."Isn't this exciting"

You are probably more excited than most ,but it will be interesting to see the full details and whether they quell the doubts of your detractors .

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 349 in Discussion

No one is forcing anyone to do anything !

If you are not happy with the System, Pricing or anything else keep your cash in your pocket.

The choice is yours and nothing I or anyone else says is important you make your own mind up.

Cheers

Charles

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 349 in Discussion

As Charles is having trouble keeping to his promised deadlines ..

>>When I an fully prepared and the website is up and running Monday <<

I thought I'd help out Washerman and other excited potential dealers - who already have "expertise" in the field ;)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/markmarkcy/

Form orderly queues now folks..

proger1

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 349 in Discussion

I am waiting here with bated breath, can't get any work done, not that I am really trying very hard and don't need a satellite system at the moment but want to see the end of this.

Who is telling the most accurate details, my money's on Mark but then I am of the mind, he has nothing to gain except helping other's with advice but I could be wrong !!!

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 349 in Discussion

I thought you were going on Holiday ?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 349 in Discussion

marks new website: http://www.siberianbrides.com/

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 349 in Discussion

re 171 You are VERY wrong Paul...

I've already taken orders for the demo boxes @ 199 Euros - My Bank Manager in Notachanceistan is telling me he will split the difference with me ))

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles

re msg 173

I would visit your link but it says :

"Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!"

How's your new site coming on... I'm taking LOADS of orders and dealer enquiries ... do you think that's because I accept credit cards ;)

Chegwin

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 349 in Discussion

VERY wrong. Is there another kind??

My monies on mmmmmmmmmmm as well.

He lets us know he knows his stuff.

Chegs

proger1

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 349 in Discussion

Isn't that the wife's brothers, cousins, sons, uncle works for ripemoffski PLC

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 349 in Discussion

you are very strange "mmmmmm" I think only you understand your posts

Chegwin

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 349 in Discussion

mmmmmmmm

I tried the link as well but it is blocked here. Must be a bit rude.

Chegs

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 349 in Discussion

"mmmmmm" does have an alternative site as well if you cannot access his siberian one: http://www.russianbrides.com

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles, re msg 178

>>you are very strange "mmmmmm" I think only you understand your posts<<

you and Washerman will get on well together..

How about this simple question.. you must have missed it..

Does the company you are an "agent" for have permission from the BBC, ITV ( et al) to rebroadcast "your" service ?

re 177

Yes, Paul you have the very company. Your wife's brothers, cousins, sons, uncle is a VERY nice man and I paid for the "roof" ;)

[ Roof is "protection" from "unforeseen unfortunate events" in biziness circles ]

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles

re msg 181

One lovely Siberian Bride is enough for me, but if you REALLY want to check out a good website..

http://www.luckylovers.net/testimonials.html

look for the one with photos ;)

But I feel you may be allowing yourself to be distracted - too many awkward Qs ? ...

Do TRY to stick to the subject line of your thread !

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 349 in Discussion

" Does the company you are an "agent" for have permission from the BBC, ITV ( et al) to rebroadcast "your" service ? "

Why do you keep asking questions that you already know the answer to ?

Many companies using FTA content from various sources around the world on their TV service do not have direct permission from the channel owners but have been trading for over 15 years without prosecution or closure and have 100`s of thousands satisfied customers.

The only major risk in this area is the redistribution of paid Tv channels which this company will never do.

This new venture has investigated all the various legal angles and is satisfied that they are safe & secure which would explain the many millions they have invested so far with more to come later.

If potential customers are not happy with this they do not have to have it.

If you currently need a HUGE satellite dish to receive the major UKTV channels then this is a fantastic alternative at a much lower cost

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 349 in Discussion

had enough of this stick to watching dvdss

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles" re msg 183

>>Why do you keep asking questions that you already know the answer to ? <<

I do, but I wanted you to tell the members - as your response could be "illuminating"

Your answer was

>>Many companies using FTA content from various sources around the world on their TV service do not have direct permission from the channel owners but have been trading for over 15 years without prosecution or closure and have 100`s of thousands satisfied customers. <<

So that's a NO, "we don't"... AT LAST..

>>The only major risk in this area is the redistribution of paid Tv channels which this company will never do.<<

You are planning to redistribute FREE channels, but intending CHARGING for them - THAT will be seen as just as legally unacceptable .

So, Another question:

Will you allow the new clients to pay monthly and by credit card? Now THAT would mean the punter is "covered", if for any reason I am right ....

Chegwin

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 349 in Discussion

Charles. msg 180.

Nope. That must be rude as well.

But what would be really interesting would be to check your website out.

Is it ready yet?

Chegwin

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 349 in Discussion

Gotta say my money is on Mmmmmm. Charles refuses to answer direct questions and has now resorted to making snide remarks about Marks wife - bit below the belt if you ask me. Go Marky !!!!! ;-)

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 349 in Discussion

The company accept payment in all the usual methods but as the customer would not be dealing direct with them anyway but via a local registered installer its not really relevant.

The installer will make their own arrangements with the customer re payment but I am sure that most legal businesses can take payment in all the normal methods in the "trnc"

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 349 in Discussion

Gotta say my money is on Mmmmmm. Charles refuses to answer direct questions and has now resorted to making snide remarks about Marks wife - bit below the belt if you ask me. Go Marky !!!!! ;-)

it was a joke he seems to have a sense of humour do you ?

By the way "mmmmmm" did you pay for your bride via a Credit Card to give you peace of mind ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 349 in Discussion

re msg 188

So it's the DEALERs that will take the "risk" then..

"Payments by transfer only.."

You AGAIN, avoided the WHOLE question..

>>Will you allow the new clients to pay monthly ...?<<

I suppose you are asking "dealers" to pay the annual fee and take the risk ?!

Oh Bother, "my website" hit count has dried up ..

>>If you currently need a HUGE satellite dish to receive the major UKTV channels then this is a fantastic alternative at a much lower cost<<

Actually that isn't correct, either.

1/ A Big ( huge) Dish can CAN be shared in many circumsatnces - using a multi switch system in apartments

2/ The punters know the BBC / ITV won't cut them off

3/ No subscription payment necessary

Now, if you remember you said at the start of your thread the punters would need an 85cm dish for your service..

Care to retract that, yet.. ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles

re msg 189

>>By the way "mmmmmm" did you pay for your bride via a Credit Card to give you peace of mind ?<<

OF COURSE I paid the web dating site via credit card .. any reputable company also accepts dealer payment in the same fashion, wouldn't you agree ?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 349 in Discussion

The service can be received on a dish of 50cm in parts of europe and as we have yet to launch and test in TRNC the exact dish size has not yet been established but i can assure you it will be no where near as large as a 4m.......

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 193 of 349 in Discussion

191 (cont)

BTW I think "your joke" was an attempt to deflect and may be even "provoke" .. ;)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 194 of 349 in Discussion

re msg 192

>>The service can be received on a dish of 50cm in parts of europe and as we have yet to launch and test in TRNC the exact dish size has not yet been established but i can assure you it will be no where near as large as a 4m.......<<

So let me get this right,

1/ No web site,

2/ No testing

Yet you said >>Just started working as an agent for a NEW company that has launched a system direct from the satellite via an 85cm dish for all the main UK channels including BBC1,2,3,4, ITV1,2,3,4, CH4, FIVE and lots more. <<

You were addressing a Cyprus based forum...

Care to take some advice from someone who "knows nothing" ? ;)

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 195 of 349 in Discussion

BTW I think "your joke" was an attempt to deflect and may be even "provoke" .. ;)

Not really just a joke you are the one trying to provoke

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 196 of 349 in Discussion

Care to take some advice from someone who "knows nothing" ? ;)

If you know the exact sizes for Spot Beam 2 on Intelsat 24.5 W lets have them ?

We have tested it but as TRNC is one of the smaller catchment areas are are still waiting for trade references from potential installers.

Do not worry if you do not want to share your obvious wisdom as we will test it via one of the installers later this week anyway.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 197 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles" re 195/6

>>you are the one trying to provoke<< Actually, no - *I* am the one pointing out the limitations of what you intend to do to allow punters to decide .

>>If you know the exact sizes for Spot Beam 2 on Intelsat 24.5 W lets have them ? <<

Yes, thanks and you are out by a factor of 50% - 100% in you estimate of the island wide reception.. your bird is inclined ( dying ) as you know and moves about. Places on the extremes of the footprint - such as Cyprus feel this effect more, and particularly in Summer.

It is stronger in the NW and weaker - quite quickly - as you move South and East

We have tested in Paphos, Lima(s)sol, Larnaca Ayia Napa, AND Tel Aviv

It is nice and strong in the UK, as we discovered when testing this am on behalf of a client - your posts have certainly generated a lot of "attention"..;)

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 198 of 349 in Discussion

For goodness sake, just put the web site address up with the prices and let us see what you are talking about, this is what you promised last week so we should be able to see for ourselves today!!!

Sorry but I am getting fed up of this too...ing and fro...ing.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 199 of 349 in Discussion

Very strange results given that an installer near Paphos told us he gets very good signal readings on a 85cm dish but i am sure it will vary accross the whole of the Island a little.

Please do not tell me the Director of the BBC you had a meal with the other night is your customer and he has asked you to test it for them that really would be the icing on the cake.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 200 of 349 in Discussion

put the web site address up with the prices and let us see what you are talking about, this is what you promised last week so we should be able to see for ourselves today!!!

Its not available yet please be patient

proger1

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 201 of 349 in Discussion

Slight change of subject but is there any other way to get a russian bride than with a credit card, the interest rates on mine are killing me, If I could have used Western Union I could have saved a fortune or maybe Paypal but my limit is ony 500 and my wife cost almost twice that.

Maybe you could add a link on your amazing all answer website just to help us easily conned people out

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 202 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles

re msg 200

Your "installer" in Paphos will need to leave things running for a few days - then he'll see the two times daily drop off in signal

>>Please do not tell me the Director of the BBC you had a meal with the other night is your customer and he has asked you to test it for them that really would be the icing on the cake.<<

1/ it was the afternoon

2/ it was a professional meeting - no meals

3 / I already told you - I know ALL about "your" "bird", and why I wasn't interested in using it for a long-term viable project.

re Scoobydoo

is a copy of a copy of BTN's PDF doc re "Charles" service

http://www.btnsat.co.uk registered in Morocco

If you want the original. I can email it to you - my address in in my profile.

"Charles" is probably busy with the spell checker for "his" version of the web site..

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 203 of 349 in Discussion

Well after spending the best part of the weekend surfing in the Internet about this "new" TV system, my conclusion is.......AVOID IT.

EVERYTHING that MMMMMM has said is true and accurate, on this subject. It is estimated, by some boffins, that there is only enough fuel for a maximum of 2 years left in the satellite. Then its decaying orbit will make it useless. There are no plans to replace it.

So the choice is yours. 2 years then replace it? It seems a waste of some £450 to £500 to have it installed for that short a period.

By the way, it's now fast approaching 2pm in the UK and still no sign of this website Charles. Come on, get nagging your Web Hosting Company.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 204 of 349 in Discussion

"EVERYTHING that MMMMMM has said is true and accurate, on this subject. It is estimated, by some boffins, that there is only enough fuel for a maximum of 2 years left in the satellite. Then its decaying orbit will make it useless. There are no plans to replace it.

So the choice is yours. 2 years then replace it? It seems a waste of some £450 to £500 to have it installed for that short a period. "

The company has leased the TP on the satellite for 3 years so they (intelsat) must expect it to be there at least that long.

They are also assured that they will be given a slot on a new satellite when the current one is eventualy replaced so no issues really.

Hector

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 205 of 349 in Discussion

Methinks 'Charles' aka uktvdirect, totally underestimated the reaction of the Cyprus44 population on this one.

Not only do we have the knowledge & experience of Mark aka mmmmmm, we are also painfully used to suspect deals, ripoff merchants, poor quality, conmen, total lack of after sales service, total lack of legal protection and ripoff prices etc etc.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 206 of 349 in Discussion

"Your "installer" in Paphos will need to leave things running for a few days - then he'll see the two times daily drop off in signal"

He had it running for the full weekend day & night and checked it at different times through the day between 8am - 1am I would imagine that covers the hours that most people would want to watch TV ?

"Here is a copy of a copy of BTN's PDF doc re "Charles" service http://www.btnsat.co.uk registered in Morocco"

This is an agents site in Morocco that is trying to target Xpats there and in Southern Spain not the host company and I agree the spelling is terrible and does the service no favours at all.

His quoted prices are also now out of date as this was the launch price for the first customers which has now passed.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 207 of 349 in Discussion

message 1

Dear Charlie boy!

With hindsight i think your looking back and thinking to yourself

What the f--- did i start this thread for!

Either you are full of shyte and just another ripoff sat seller

or you are the real deal!

i would love for you to prove all the daubters wrong,also myself

but i feel ur unable to do this?

maybe you Charles can show me how to reprogram my Dreambox with new keys/codes?

Arthur

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 208 of 349 in Discussion

This must be a record for a thread 207 [well now 208] posts in just six days.

Having a look at this is far more interesting than any TV !!

- and my money is still on 6M

rowlo

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 209 of 349 in Discussion

fec,n hell 6ms msg 109 , to much information , but my doughs on you .

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 210 of 349 in Discussion

"my money is still on 6M"

I do not quite understand the my money is still on 6m posts ? for what is he running for President or something ? Given the fact that he does not live in "TRNC" and just posts on here to wind people up and posts in the main pointless dribble with no substance I am at a loss.

He posts sometimes information that sounds convincing but is actualy complete b******* just to try and win an arguement.

I am starting to lose patience with this whole forum and certain members attitudes.

Please post an answer the following:

Should I continue to post & promote the new service on this forum Y/N ?

The Majority wins if most votes are a NO i will call it day and move on as I really cannot be arsed wasting my time if its not what people want.

Cheers

Charles

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 211 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles re msg 210

>>I am starting to lose patience with this whole forum<<

Tut, tut..You came on here to "promote" yourself as an "agent" for a service that is as dodgy from:

1/ a technical

AND

2/ legal

aspect.

>>Should I continue to post & promote the new service on this forum Y/N ? <<

I vote YES .. but only because members need to know the FACTS.. and we are providing most members with "entertainment"

>>I really cannot be arsed wasting my time if its not what people want. <<

Again, "convenient petulance" ..

OF COURSE such a service would be GREAT.. but it simply isn't legal, and I can think of a few reasons why it won't "work" - either for you, the Dealers, or the punters.

You have done all you can to attempt to belittle my input bringing up my wife, yet it is QUITE clear that many of the folk who don't appear to agree with me on things Cyprus, and nearly everyone else - that Spanman and others ( incl myself) have had to pull info from

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 212 of 349 in Discussion

(cont ) a poster who has "wriggled like a worm on a hook " when dealing with awkward Qs

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 213 of 349 in Discussion

Maybe mark does post on here to "wind some people up", but he does ALWAYS put up an argument even when he appears to be on losing streak. I for congratulate him for that.

So Charles, if your system is so good and is likely to be around for a long time to come then carry on with your arguments. When people ask questions answer them directly. Most answers require a YES or NO answer. Don't evade the questions. By evading people will make their own assumuntions and they are generally negative. A good salesman has an answer to all questions, even if it's not what the customer wants to hear, at least it is the TRUTH. That is all we seek on this board....THE TRUTH.

If you speak the truth and tell it exactly as it is then you allow your potential customers to make their own minds up. if they get it wrong they only have themselves to blame.

Had you come to this forum with a website up and running and answered all the questions quickly and succintly we now wouldn't be speculting......

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 214 of 349 in Discussion

that this could be a rip off or worse.

Start again and answer all the questions. Then we can make our minds up about your system.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 215 of 349 in Discussion

msg 210,

Well that's what this community needs, a service provided by someone with commitment and determination in the face of adversity, who will stick with it through thick and thin...

What's that? - Oh, I see....

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 216 of 349 in Discussion

I know I'm a woman and also blonde, so forgive my stupidity but I always thought that Sky etc works ok in the South but the reason we can't get all of the programmes in the North without a huge dish was because of the Troudos being in the way. Surely if this is the case then someone testing facilities in Paphos wouldn't have any bearing on the final results in the North.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 217 of 349 in Discussion

The new service is on a different satellite and the signal is much stronger !

keithcaley

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 218 of 349 in Discussion

msg 216

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The satellite is up in the sky, not hiding behind the Troodos!

SKY TV reception is about the same here as in the South (give or take a bit) - they need a monster dish as well!

Keith.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 219 of 349 in Discussion

Dear OK re msg 216

sorry, we have got too technical

SKY / BBC et al are broadcast from a group of satellites SO high up in the SKY that very few folk have a problem with the signal being blocked by the Beşparmaklar / Pentadactylos ( Five Fingers) mountains that make up part of the range of mountains separating Girne / Kyrenia from the rest of the island

We need a HUGE dish in Cyprus because we are an the extreme of the beam ( signal) - imagine a torch shining on Britain from the sky - the light being seen in Cyprus would be weak.. BBC/ ITV are on the satellite in the group that are the weakest. Certain SKY BBC stuff ( BBC News / Parliament ) are on a STRONG beam and could be watched on a dish nearly four times smaller! They are all so close that a 4.2m pointed at the weak one catch most of the signals

"Charles" system would use a different satellite - more aimed at Western Europe - but stronger in Cyprus - but it ISN'T legal

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 220 of 349 in Discussion

The only mistake that uktvdirect has made is announcing the impending launch of the service on this board.

There are several successful services (similar to this) - Digitial Supreme, Dopi, Mete TV etc., already available here and have been running (successfully, it seems) for some time.

The customer will make up their own minds and the size of the market will determine whether there is room for another supplier.

In a way, this service competes with a service that I already offer and therefore, if anyone has anything to lose, it is me, but I will continue to be objective in the face of competition which I can handle.

The usual TV/Satellite 'pack-wolves' (mostly with vested interests - if only in intellectual snobbery) have done the usual hatchet job......yawn.

I think that UKTVDirect still have some homework to do. I advise them to retire gracefully from this forum and wait until everything is in place before making any further announcements.

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 221 of 349 in Discussion

re 217 Charles, you forgot to mention that the signal for BBC/ ITV et al from the huge ( SKY ) dish is in clear - no scrambling / encryption - no subscription necessary

You will try to CHARGE for a service that is FREE - without the owner of the contents permission.

Your satellite is dying - I note you STILL haven't reverted on that.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 222 of 349 in Discussion

thank you. I guessed it was probably a stupid question.

Cheers

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 223 of 349 in Discussion

"Charles" system would use a different satellite - more aimed at Western Europe - but stronger in Cyprus - but it ISN'T legal"

It is also not legal to use a SKY card outside of the UK, A Showtime Card outside of the U.A.E and so on but still 1,000's of people still do it........

How many users on here are still paying their UK License fee for watching the UKTV content in TRNC on a large dish ?

The only BBC service that can legaly watched outside of the UK is BBC Prime with a relevant subscription and viewing card from the BBC Prime website

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 224 of 349 in Discussion

"Charles" system would use a different satellite - more aimed at Western Europe - but stronger in Cyprus - but it ISN'T legal"

It is also not legal to use a SKY card outside of the UK, A Showtime Card outside of the U.A.E and so on but still 1,000's of people still do it........

How many users on here are still paying their UK License fee for watching the UKTV content in TRNC on a large dish ?

The only BBC service that can legaly watched outside of the UK is BBC Prime with a relevant subscription and viewing card from the BBC Prime website

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 225 of 349 in Discussion

I did actualy answer your question in post 204:

"The company has leased the TP on the satellite for 3 years so they (intelsat) must expect it to be there at least that long. They are also assured that they will be given a slot on a new satellite when the current one is eventualy replaced so no issues really. "

Whistler

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 226 of 349 in Discussion

I for one am getting fed up with this thread. UKtvdirect - are you going to give us the full details or not?

Monday is almost over now and if I had been interested in the system when you first posted I am rapidly losing interest and probably will decide to stay as I am.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 227 of 349 in Discussion

I cannot post the website because the useless .com provider has been messing about since Friday and its still not live sorry......

I do not know what difference waiting a few days makes anyway just be patient and as soon as i can i will post all that you need unless i too lose interest in the meantime due to negative posts.

Cheers

Charles

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 228 of 349 in Discussion

Charles, email me the info and I will have a page up and running tonight

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 229 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles

re msg 223

>>It is also not legal to use a SKY card outside of the UK..<<

Suggest you might like to go back to msg 21 ... THERE you will find the CORRECT info.

>>The only BBC service that can legaly watched outside of the UK is BBC Prime with a relevant subscription and viewing card from the BBC Prime website<<

Hmm you aren't even clued in with EU directives on free to view TV... no-one from the Beeb is going to ask someone in France or CY to pay a TV licence - but they WILL close down anyone trying to rebroadcast,.

re 225 >>"The company has leased the TP on the satellite for 3 years so they (intelsat) must expect it to be there at least that long. They are also assured that they will be given a slot on a new satellite when the current one is eventualy replaced so no issues really. "<<

Have "they" PAID for three years?.. "Charles".. Intelsat cut off ppl that don't pay beyond their deposit.

Whistler

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 230 of 349 in Discussion

Thats your prerogative.

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 231 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect I vote for you staying in the forum to explain the system better.

I have a few questions to ask.

Is all this already on-air,or still to start?

Is there any risk the satellite operator decides unilaterally to stop the rental agreement of the transponder?

denflolad

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 232 of 349 in Discussion

Reply Message 3 of 230 in Discussion

Hello,

Will post more information soon its all very NEW and the website is still under construction & will be up and running by Monday next week.......

This is going to be so popular

Thanks for your interest

Charles

Hello Charles,

It is now Monday Next Week. Could you please direct me to your website

Many thanks

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 233 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles

re msg 227

>>I cannot post the website because the useless .com provider has been messing about since Friday and its still not live sorry...... <<

Hmm, IF you knew anything about websites - you could post it ANYWHERE and tell us the IP address - until the .com propagates.. I mean it took me five mins to post BTNs "professional offering " for your service on a free service

>>I do not know what difference waiting a few days makes anyway just be patient and as soon as i can i will post all that you need unless i too lose interest in the meantime due to negative posts. <<

"Charles": rule number one.. do NOT come on and promise something on a forum then make "excuses"..

IF the only excuse is the ".com supplier" ........

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 234 of 349 in Discussion

Regarding 'legalities' does the BBC have any restrictions on people using IPlayer via the internet anywhere in the world to watch all their, slightly delayed, current programmes?

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 235 of 349 in Discussion

Charles - m&m now thinks that I am you. He is totally losing the plot on this one.

Please e-mail me the info'. I will register a domain and put a page up 'tonight.'

Otherwise, please confirm that I am not you!

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 236 of 349 in Discussion

Hello Carl, from *Paphos* ( cyprusunited)

Welcome to the board... interesting how you "found" this thread...

re msg 231

Are you Charles "installer" who ran the "tests"...?

If so can I ask you a few techie questions ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 237 of 349 in Discussion

Charles, if you have any doubts, here is your chance to exit stage left. Just say that you are me and that's you out of the frame. Leave m&m to me

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 238 of 349 in Discussion

re 235/7

Dear Paul ( Washerman)

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/20205.asp msg 13

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 239 of 349 in Discussion

Hmm you aren't even clued in with EU directives on free to view TV... no-one from the Beeb is going to ask someone in France or CY to pay a TV licence - but they WILL close down anyone trying to rebroadcast,.

*** microwave companies have been using FTA content from the UK for over 18 years in Spain and todate NOT ONE has been prosecuted or closed down by the BBC **

Have "they" PAID for three years?.. "Charles".. Intelsat cut off ppl that don't pay beyond their deposit.

** They have paid well past the deposit period and have no issues about continued service, intelsat are not stupid and are well aware of the use of this TP on their satellite **

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 240 of 349 in Discussion

Robnjo, to use iplayer, you have to be using it from a computer situated within the UK, but there is nothing to stop you from creating a virtual private network between a computer in the UK and a computer here or, anywhere else for that matter.

Washerman

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 241 of 349 in Discussion

I have a few questions to ask.

Is all this already on-air,or still to start?

** I am sat watching BBC2 as we speak with a crystal clear picture and have been able to watch the system for over a month now **

Is there any risk the satellite operator decides unilaterally to stop the rental agreement of the transponder?

** I cannot see any reason why they would given that they are aware of the content been broadcast and have been since before the launch so they would if they had an issue with it not allowed it in the first place & given the fact that every man and his dog including "MMMMMM" has contacted them with no negative result i think you can say the service is safe **

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 242 of 349 in Discussion

M&M has contacted the satellite operator to do what? - to try and stop you from offering the service?

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 243 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Charles" re 239

>>*** microwave companies have been using FTA content from the UK for over 18 years in Spain and todate NOT ONE has been prosecuted or closed down by the BBC ** << No, "someone else2 closed them, as a result of "pressure" ..

>>** They have paid well past the deposit period and have no issues about continued service, intelsat are not stupid and are well aware of the use of this TP on their satellite **<<

"Charles" beyond the deposit period you are only as good as your last payment..

>> intelsat are not stupid and are well aware of the use of this TP on their satellite <<

if pressure is brought on them re copyright / broadcast rights, they will comply.. This biz is very reliant on cooperation.

millzer

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 244 of 349 in Discussion

Why doesn't everybody just wait and see what Charles comes up with when he website is up and running. Then we'll have all the info and Markymark can shoot it all down if that's how it pans out.

If it turns out to be legit (ish) then great and if it's a one off payment like freeview then I would consider it but not living in TRNC if it's a monthly fee jobby then I, and i'm sure many others will just stick to NileCrap

keithcaley

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 245 of 349 in Discussion

just a very minor point,

BBC News 24 TV program is in fact broadcast Free to Air from many satellites...

If I *really* wanted to be 'picky' I would include BBC World Service radio (you didn't specify TV...)

In fact you can listen to practically ANY BBC radio station, National or Local, via the Internet - I have Radio 4 running 24/7 via an old laptop connected to a small FM transmitter (ipod car radio adapter type) with a NICAM encoder built in. Modified slightly by the addition of a 1/4 wave aerial it covers the whole house and garden. Good job that band 2 VHF isn't as tricky as GHz...

Keith.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 246 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Charles

re msg 241

>>every man and his dog including "MMMMMM" has contacted them with no negative result i think you can say the service is safe <<

I have not , nor will , be contacting Intelsat , nor Irdeto. *I* don't NEED to do that ..

I know that Intelsat aren't fussy who they take money from ! I also know what it says in their contract about the legality of the broadcast content..and what they will do if it is clear that they are aiding and abetting legal breaches.

>>I am sat watching BBC2 as we speak with a crystal clear picture and have been able to watch the system for over a month now<<

Strange then that you are having so much problems with your web site..

BTW, what you say above ( re watching BBC2 - for over a month ) - doesn't tally with what the sat watchers are saying - you really DO keep forgetting that you can't BS folk.

Millzer

re 244 IT is no Freesat.. checkout the prices..

and they are low,now

QweQwew

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 247 of 349 in Discussion

Message 241

will there be any russian channels charles?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 248 of 349 in Discussion

** microwave companies have been using FTA content from the UK for over 18 years in Spain and todate NOT ONE has been prosecuted or closed down by the BBC **

No, "someone else closed them, as a result of "pressure" .. "

Guess you are not quite as clued up about this subjest as you think you are, The 2 microwave companies that were closed down in the Murcia area of Spain were closed due to not paying taxes and retransmitting subscription channels. This had absolutely nothing to do with the BBC taking action or putting pressure on Spanish authorities and bears NO relevance to this new service as they are paying taxes and are not retransmitting paid content.

7 other massive companies that have been trading in Spain for years are still open for business with NO legal issues.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 249 of 349 in Discussion

....And just one more thing... (I feel a bit like Lieutenant Columbo here!)...

You both discussed SKY usage outside UK in terms of being 'illegal'.

Now my understanding (and I have no doubt that you will correct me if I'm wrong!) is that although it is against SKY's T&C's you are not actually acting illegally - i.e. committing a criminal offence.

They may well have the right to disconnect you, and may, in fact choose to do so, but they will not (cannot???) prosecute you for an illegal act.

Comments on the back of a 100 TL note please...

Keith.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 250 of 349 in Discussion

BTW, what you say above ( re watching BBC2 - for over a month ) - doesn't tally with what the sat watchers are saying - you really DO keep forgetting that you can't BS folk.

It has been broadcasting since the start on July and I have had it installed since then and know whats what i do not really care about speculation from satellite forum posters as they have not had access to it for this period so cannot comment.

millzer

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 251 of 349 in Discussion

Marky, message 246, not quite getting your drift (good or bad) on the part addressed to me can you elaborate please?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 252 of 349 in Discussion

Dear KC

re msg 249

You got it..

The companies go after the dealers - the companies and the facilities - the punters just end up with a useless box and no TV..

re 248, "Charles"

YES some M/w rebroadcasters still trade - for now, but punters in Spain are well used to losing the service and new companies replacing them..

We BOTH know that "your" Service" has the potential to reach the UK and many other markets and will defo attract legal action.

So, IF you offer subsidised units and monthly subs via credit card you will have no problem getting clients.. but THAT isn't your biz model, IS IT..?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 253 of 349 in Discussion

re 251

Sorry Millzer

I shouldn't have tried to squeeze it in

"Charles" isn't the only "agent" for this service:

The link I pointed

is a pdf of an offer to "dealers" to take up the service.. I doubt they would turn away clients from "TRNC" !

"Charles" says the prices will be more now - implying the first 1000 units are sold.. but not by Charles... so I reckon BTN would "negotiate"

As Freesat units can be bought for 44GBP ( reatail inc Vat) and there's no "subscription" - THAT is why I say "Charles" service hasn't got legs - even without the legal sword of Damocles hanging over such a blatant attempt at theft...

Now IF the service was FREE - there'd be no "issue" - that fact they intend to CHARGE for free content ... will change EVERYTHING.

IF Charles came on here and told us he was charging 100 Eros for the kit and 25 Euros / month for the service it might have an economic chance..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 254 of 349 in Discussion

re 251

QweQwew

You can get lots of RU lang channels in Cyprus for FREE

or you can pay for NTV plus ( 2.1m dish) http://www.ntvplus.ru

or

Orion Express http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/orionexpress.html (1.5m)

or

even the new service on 9 degrees http://www.platformahd.ru ( 1m)

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 255 of 349 in Discussion

Thanks for the reply uktvdirect.

Is the system showing more bbc or itv regions,like STV for example?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 256 of 349 in Discussion

so many asumptions so much guess work if only you had a clue what you were talking about "mmmmmm"

I would all wait and see as all will be revealed soon and take your choice one way or the other, this service is so radical everyone is talking about it and posting good and bad things about it before its even available in some countries.

Most of the negative noise is coming from disgruntled local satellite Tv installers who this will obviously have an impact on so there comments are quite predictable but mostlt unfounded

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 257 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect...."Most of the negative noise is coming from disgruntled local satellite Tv installers who this will obviously have an impact on so there comments are quite predictable but mostlt unfounded "

I don't agree, most of the noise is coming from m&m

My experience tells me that there are three camps:-

Those that just aren't interested in UKTV - they wouldn't have it given (free!)

Those that must have UKTV at any price - they go for the 4.2m and Sky

Those that are interested but at what price? - 12.5TL per month gets you live ITV, BBC (1-4) and catchup Ch4 & 5

Who will go for the £300-£400 installation and £20 per month

Washerman

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 258 of 349 in Discussion

"As Freesat units can be bought for 44GBP ( reatail inc Vat) and there's no "subscription" - THAT is why I say "Charles" service hasn't got legs - even without the legal sword of Damocles hanging over such a blatant attempt at theft... Now IF the service was FREE - there'd be no "issue" - that fact they intend to CHARGE for free content ... will change EVERYTHING. IF Charles came on here and told us he was charging 100 Eros for the kit and 25 Euros / month for the service it might have an economic chance.. "

What a ridiculous post you cannot compare the price of a TV service in the UK with expected prices TRNC or anywhere else outside of the UK for that matter.

I am quite sure a tin of Heinz Beans costs a lot more in TRNC than in Morrisons or Asda.

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 259 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect........yes they do (Heinz Beans) but what price is the cut-off point for live UKTV?

How will your system compare to live BBC and ITV via internet?

Washerman

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
03/08/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 260 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect........yes they do (Heinz Beans) but what price is the cut-off point for live UKTV? How will your system compare to live BBC and ITV via internet? Washerman

I do not know from personal experience what the stability & picture quality is like via streaming Tv via the internet in TRNC but i am sure its a viable option for people who do not want to pay for a massive dish, showtime or out new service.

All i can say is the picture quality on the new service is just as good as you would receive in the UK on a standard definition receiver

millzer

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 261 of 349 in Discussion

Marky, ta for the info.

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 07:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 262 of 349 in Discussion

ref mess 258.

"What a ridiculous post you cannot compare the price of a TV service in the UK with expected prices TRNC or anywhere else outside of the UK for that matter.

I am quite sure a tin of Heinz Beans costs a lot more in TRNC than in Morrisons or Asda."

Please explain to me why Mark's statement was rediculous and why you can not expect the prices to be the same. The cost of a tin of beans is due to the transportation additional pices from the source, does it cost more for the signal if it travels to TRNC than to the UK.

This will be post 262 and yet all we have seen from you is vague responses to direct questions, mainly from Mark but also from others. Your technique for sales would definately need improvement, baffling and at some points insulting potential customers (Marks' not the only one with a Russian wife) might outweigh how magnificent this system might or might not be.

And yes, MMMMMM for president, hoorah

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 263 of 349 in Discussion

I did a search on the net to check and found out that this kind of broadcast has really started nearly a month ago as uktvdirect said,so I´m convinced you are telling the truth on this respect.

I wanted to ask if any regional versions of bbc or itv (such as STV) are available at the moment.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 264 of 349 in Discussion

(((((((((((((((((((((( THREAD CLOSED DUE TO NEGATIVE MEMBERS THE SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN TRNC UNTIL LATER IN THE LAUNCH PERIOD ))))))))))))))))))))))

cronos

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 265 of 349 in Discussion

What a cop out !

264 posts later the truth emerges !

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 266 of 349 in Discussion

(((((((((((((((((((((( THREAD CLOSED DUE TO NEGATIVE MEMBERS THE SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN TRNC UNTIL LATER IN THE LAUNCH PERIOD ))))))))))))))))))))))

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 267 of 349 in Discussion

((( Here is a temp solution as a thankyou for the members that were supportive: http://www.filmon.com watch live and direct BBC1,2, ITV1 etc and at the moment its FREE )))

Whistler

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 268 of 349 in Discussion

Cronos. What else did you expect, it was obvious after the first few postings. SCAM He never actually answered anybody`s questions.

millzer

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 269 of 349 in Discussion

Charles that is a cop out. I for one was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and wait for your website launch and info. Unfortunately you got yourself embroiled in a slanging match (your fault because you could have refused to engage in the argument until such time as things were ready) with some forum members.

Message 264 & 266 now says that you've taken your ball away and gone home. How professional does that look????

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 270 of 349 in Discussion

Now what was enjoing this thread

keithcaley

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 271 of 349 in Discussion

So as a result of the responses from what? - maybe 10 members of ONE Internet Forum - perhaps 0.0000005% of the population of the TRNC, the man has decided to withhold the service from the entire population!

Very grown up.

I refer you to msg 215...

Chegwin

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 272 of 349 in Discussion

It can be a bit like a lions den on here sometimes but at least he put up a good fight.

Quite entertaining for a while.

I am going back to watching my Sky from my Slingbox.

Bonjour.

Chegwin

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 273 of 349 in Discussion

(((((((((((((((((((((( SORRY THREAD CLOSED DUE TO 1 or 2 NEGATIVE MEMBERS THE SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN TRNC UNTIL LATER IN THE LAUNCH PERIOD ))))))))))))))))))))))

((( Here is a temp. solution as a thankyou for the members that were supportive: http://www.filmon.com watch live and direct BBC1,2, ITV1 etc and at the moment its FREE and the quality is excellent)))

Turtle

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 274 of 349 in Discussion

Look at post 1,....it states that uktvdirect has just started work "as an agent" for this so called new company

So he has the authority to pull the plug on a venture like this?? just because he met a little resistance from a few people on a BB.

Says it all really ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 275 of 349 in Discussion

re fimon link from "Charles"

>>Some UK Channels temporarily down due to re-negotiation with the Broadcasters. We thank you for your patience.<<

Thanks, for your "honesty"

http://www.filmon.com/

petez

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 276 of 349 in Discussion

After all that.....Does anyone know any good books to read?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 277 of 349 in Discussion

"Bitter Lemons" seems appropriate ;)

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 278 of 349 in Discussion

">>Some UK Channels temporarily down due to re-negotiation with the Broadcasters. We thank you for your patience.<<"

This "mmmmmm" guy want's stringing up he even posts negative comments about a service that is absolutely FREE at the moment and shows the main programs people want to watch - just for everyones reference: BBC1, ITV1, CH4, FIVE, FILM4 and lots more content are working in fantastic quality on the: http://www.filmon.com/

site so do not be put off by the "mmmmmm" Enjoy its FREE.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 279 of 349 in Discussion

re 278

Dear "Charles"

ranher than d/loading a potentially harmful 26 mb .exe file, folk can watch the channels for free using Zattoo or Tvcatchup

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 280 of 349 in Discussion

Strange, you say free but when I went on the site I saw price charges, it may have been for different channels though so I could be wrong. The free channels if they are would probably be the ones that Mark is quoting the information about so they may be free, they may be superb quality however unfortunately they are not available. It might be a good site for the future if they get the problems sorted out with the broadcasting companies though so thanks for that.

petez

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 281 of 349 in Discussion

lol @mmm (message 277)

millwallmik

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 282 of 349 in Discussion

i'm out there on the 29th sept i am interested in getting your dish,what;

's the priice and do you have a contact number

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 283 of 349 in Discussion

"Strange, you say free but when I went on the site I saw price charges, it may have been for different channels though so I could be wrong. The free channels if they are would probably be the ones that Mark is quoting the information about so they may be free, they may be superb quality however unfortunately they are not available. It might be a good site for the future if they get the problems sorted out with the broadcasting companies though so thanks for that."

BBC1, ITV1, CH4, FIVE, FILM4 and lots more content are working in fantastic quality with NO CHARGES on the: http://www.filmon.com/ site so do not be put off by the "mmmmmm" Thery are all FREE you do not need to pay to hide your IP as per the services "mmmmmm" is pushing and there are NO issues with the file that needs downloading...............

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 284 of 349 in Discussion

"Strange, you say free but when I went on the site I saw price charges" The charges are only currently for remium and Adult content - BBC1, ITV1, CH4, FIVE, FILM4 and lots more content are working in fantastic quality with NO CHARGES AT ALL : http://www.filmon.com/

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 285 of 349 in Discussion

Can't install the file due to network restrictions and that's even if I run under my personal VPN but it's not that big a problem. I can live without the UK channels if it is this much hassle.

Strange again that you fought so long and hard with Mark to convince people that your system was so grand and then give up and offer people a completely free alternative on the internet.

Really not sure wether to trust what you are offering or not now but that's just my opinion, good luck with your future ventures but just a suggestion, before opening up the info to the public at least have some backup info, its been mentioned several times that there is not a lot of trust in NC and vague promises that don't come to fruition whether by your own or someone elses fault really don't help

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 286 of 349 in Discussion

Zattoo and tvcatchup are starting to block the VPNs IP addresses,me myself have been forced to change a couple of vpns recently because they have been blocked.

The internet option is not going to last for long I´m afraid.

UKTVdirect I am interested in your service,I know the professional installers of 4.2m dish dont want competition and are trying to make you feel uncomfortable.

But as the system is already working,just tell us where we can find the appropriate receiver to decode the channels,and everyone will decide if buying or not.

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 287 of 349 in Discussion

"Really not sure wether to trust what you are offering or not now but that's just my opinion"

Its not my site or offering just thought that instead of paying to block your IP and all the hassles associated with that this would keep people happy for a while.

Search for filmon on the net and see what people are saying about it

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 288 of 349 in Discussion

You may have misread my previous, can't install it so its null and void but the trust thing was a reflection of trying to drum up business firstly by stating that you can supply all of these UK channels at very high quality and then after you gave up on that you then decide to offer a free alternative because you are such a nice person.

Again, only my opinion as far as I know but that sounds like a bit of a CON

zerochlor

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 289 of 349 in Discussion

look on itv1 now on this free veiw

program on north cyprus

zerochlor

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 290 of 349 in Discussion

about a woman called marion who does local weddings

zerochlor

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 291 of 349 in Discussion

omg

2 emmerdales and 2 coronation streets on a thursday night!

i dont want to watch ITV now!!

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 292 of 349 in Discussion

ITV is working fine and it´s free!No IP restriction.

Thanks uktvdirect,I appreciate your help.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 293 of 349 in Discussion

Dear "Carl" from Paphos

re msg 286

"interesting" you chose to ignore my msg 236 - and now you are an "expert" on VPNs ?! ....

>>The internet option is not going to last for long I´m afraid. <<

Hmm, and how long have Zattoo and Tv catchup lasted, so far ? Not an authoritative start to your contributions

Re VPNs being "blocked" - that depends on the service provider - and how sensible and professional they are.

If abnormally heavy traffic arrives via one IP address it isn't exactly difficult to work out whats' going on...

>> know the professional installers of 4.2m dish dont want competition and are trying to make you feel uncomfortable. <<

Funny thing is I have only seen one Huge dish installer contribute to this thread....and no-one needs 4.2m in Paphos.. hmm...

Still wish us to "believe" you "found" this forum via any search engine.. ?!

zerochlor

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 294 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect

well charlie boy!

Thanks for http://www.filmon.com/

working perfect for me

cheers again

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 295 of 349 in Discussion

re message 293

So you admit tvcatchup and zattoo are starting to block IP addresses.

Recently I subscribed to 2 vpns and none of them gave me access to tvcatchup!

People have to know that even the VPN route is not as secure as it´s described.

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 296 of 349 in Discussion

ref message 1

Just started working as an agent for a NEW company that has launched a system direct from the satellite via an 85cm dish for all the main UK channels including BBC1,2,3,4, ITV1,2,3,4, CH4, FIVE and lots more.

Once my forum membership is fully activated and we have placed an advert on this site i will supply more information

And after all that you then give us a site where we can get that for free, ironic don't ya think.

Zerochlor, are you refering to true software VPN's or to the digital versions. A genuine question because I have purchased and installed a full VPN system that so far has never been blocked and in the mifddle east that is a strong claim. I tried several of the free online VPN systems and they were useless on the local networks here. I realise it might not be worth buying if you live in a slightly restricted country but I couldn't even get into my bank and credit crad accounts at times so the purchased one was needed.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 297 of 349 in Discussion

message 296

proger1

im refering to what uktvdirect posted http://www.filmon.com/

i know nothing about all this satalite stuff and free channels

all i know is the link he posted is working great on my pc in the office

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 298 of 349 in Discussion

My apologies zerochlor, I looked at the wrong thread when I wrote your name, the question should have gone to cyprusunited.

Cyprusunited can you give me some feedback on lower section of message 296 please

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 299 of 349 in Discussion

And luckily in Cyprus we still have freedom of speech despite being surrounded by the Turkish government.

Maybe MMMMMM would prefer the Turks to take it all and then no discussion would be allowed anymore.

United Cyprus in Europe!

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 300 of 349 in Discussion

"well charlie boy! Thanks for http://www.filmon.com/ working perfect for me cheers again"

You are welcome

Enjoy

Chegwin

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 301 of 349 in Discussion

Has this thread had the most amount of views on the forum in such a short space of time?

Just lightening up a bit now the telly is off.

Chegwin

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 302 of 349 in Discussion

I think its the longest the FA's have let Multi M question a satellite TV guy Chegs, they normally pull him up way before this, maybe its because this one hasn't started yet

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 303 of 349 in Discussion

re 295

Cyprusunited

>>So you admit tvcatchup and zattoo are starting to block IP addresses. <<

No, I'm just not doubting you.. *I* haven't had your problem..

Now, for the THIRD time - can you REALLY tell us how you came across this forum? ALL your posts are related to just this thread !

re msg 299

1/ Freedom of Speech

2/ Freedom of Movement

3/ Respect of Copyright

sounds fine to me ! ;)

negativenick

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 304 of 349 in Discussion

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 305 of 349 in Discussion

How's the Missus, Nick ;)

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 306 of 349 in Discussion

Quiet Mark, you might wake him !!

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 307 of 349 in Discussion

i need a motorised mouse wheel to get from top to bottom of this thread blimey!!!

proger1

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 308 of 349 in Discussion

click and drag the side bar, it saves about 15 minutes of your life

Turtle

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 309 of 349 in Discussion

Just press the "End" button

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 310 of 349 in Discussion

(((((((((((((((((((((( SORRY THREAD CLOSED DUE TO 1 or 2 NEGATIVE MEMBERS THE SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN TRNC UNTIL LATER IN THE LAUNCH PERIOD ))))))))))))))))))))))

((( Here is a temp. solution as a thankyou for the members that were supportive: http://www.filmon.com watch live and direct BBC1,2, ITV1 etc and at the moment its FREE and the quality is excellent)))

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 311 of 349 in Discussion

I feel totally exhausted after reading all this and a little disappointed that Charles (uktvdirect) has chosen to opt out of further discussions but really he should have just come on board with it all up and running and not be promising things that did not happen.

I have just tried to open up the link http://www.filmon.com/ and I get a warning saying that it is not a trustworthy site.

Whistler

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 312 of 349 in Discussion

I have done the same and could not get any tv programmes

RoxyBob

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 313 of 349 in Discussion

I am new to Cyprus44 forums and I have been reading the threads on this subject. I must agree with mmmmmmmm and think this is a scam. Having tried several ways to make money I have always designed a web site first to advertise the product. Cannot understand having forked out 2 millon euros on this tv system why they haven't got a web site to promote it.

Also it seems a little fishy when they decided to use TRNC as their test bed so to speak.

Turtle

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 314 of 349 in Discussion

Time this thread died a death

I think Mark has proved a point that this "offer" is little more than a wind up.

RipToff

Message Posted:
04/08/2009 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 315 of 349 in Discussion

There have been quite a few threads on this forum regarding 'Brits' that live and work in the TRNC with and without work permits, however, It makes me laugh at some of the supposedly 'legitimate' people out there have double standards.

They are quick to condemn others, yet would think nothing of employing people 'on the side' to save money. (because they pay, then I suppose this must be ok? ).

Admit to playing in bands with members who had 'NO PERMITS'.......

Buy stuff from other countries and deliver into the South to 'avoid paying KDV' .....

Take cash up front and avoid issuing a Fatura and KDV receipt/invoice.....

Buy/Sell services for TV that is certainly illegal..!

Perhaps, we should be looking at 'ALL' the moral crusaders out there who in one way or another are avoiding being 100% legitimate.

If you really do care that much then think back to all the times you paid cash for a service and didn't receive a receipt or the amount of times you paid 'cash in hand'

Maz

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 316 of 349 in Discussion

Ouch, my eyes are sore looking for the answer I want. so maybe it is quicker to ask the questions

What is this system? Where do I get it? What does it cost? My beloved wants to know, so.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 317 of 349 in Discussion

Not too sure what this is all about, however, will I be able to get Coronation Street on a Tuesday?

zerochlor

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 318 of 349 in Discussion

message 318

you can get corrie on here

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 319 of 349 in Discussion

here, here Turtle ............ can't this be closed now??

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 320 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect when will the website be up?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 321 of 349 in Discussion

Dear cyprusunited ( "Carl from Paphos ! ")

hopefully nearly as quickly as your responses we await to:

msg 236

msg 293

rowlo

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 322 of 349 in Discussion

i dont think he realised we had 6xm on here to answer all the techie stuff , well done mark .

Whistler

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 323 of 349 in Discussion

If nobody posted back it would be closed and he will then be talking to himself!!

rowlo

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 324 of 349 in Discussion

or that big dish in the sky,

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 325 of 349 in Discussion

I have an old Philco radio that was purchased in the 1930's. I'm having trouble picking up Radio 4 - do I need one of those new fandagooled satellite thingy's?

keithcaley

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 326 of 349 in Discussion

No1,

I assume that your radio does not have a VHF (FM) band, due to it's age, so using my method outlined in msg 245 is not possible...

Hmmm, I did experiment using a large (HUGE actually!) frame aerial aligned North-ish towards Droitwich, from where the radio 4 Long wave transmissions originate - unfortunately there seems to be a service originating in Turkey on 198 meters, which is on approximately the same bearing, rendering intelligible reception of Radio 4 on LW impossible in my current location (Alsancak).

I really do think that I need to get out more, people are starting to ask questions about a) my grip on reality, and b) whether there is any evidence of recent work on the patio...

Keith.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 327 of 349 in Discussion

I always thought that radio 4 LW came from Rugby. Well you learn something new every day!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 328 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Bill re msg 326

Even though there's a smiley - the anal in me can't resit .....

You can get BBC 4 via the net - don't think BBC cares about IP addresses

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 329 of 349 in Discussion

AND...

you can get it on a 1.8m dish in your part of the world.. along with Radios 1-3.. but NOT Five / extra .. sorry 4.2m for them

Are you "glad" you even joked ? :P ..

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 330 of 349 in Discussion

What a fantastic forum - Not many individual views - but lots of "mmmmmm" Sheep !

No wonder the other Cyprus & N. Cyprus Forums have such a poor view of this one.

If you want a arguement come here if you want a sensible debate or true un-biased information look elsewhere.

andre 514

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 331 of 349 in Discussion

328 postings about this nonsense now I am joining in

if this xxxxxxxxxxr ever gets a website together I will eat my hat

transmitted as hd but viewable as standard definition? something of a technical "first" I think!

way above my head though, by about 30,000km...

in cyprus you can get the main uk channels as "freesat" with a 4.2 meter dish,

and even the sky extras too with a card bought in uk

you gotta have such a big dish because by the time you travel as far as cyprus

you are way, way out of the main signal area for astra 2d (ref lyngsat and astra sites)

see the ones on top of of the hotel sempati or the almond holiday villiage and despair!

it is possible to get some channels part of the time with a smaller dish, but not reliably

our 9-cm dishes are adequate for channel 1 russia on hotbird in cyprus/england,

but come a big storm and the picture can even disappear while quite unlike analogue

a too weak signal produces no picture at all rather than just a snowy one

andre 514

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 332 of 349 in Discussion

a problem for viewers who want british tv in cyprus

is that the market is very small: out of perhaps 20,000 uk buyers,

any cable company could barely hope to sign 500-1000 maximum

unless their charges were very low indeed

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
05/08/2009 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 333 of 349 in Discussion

I think uktvdirect has given a good description of this forum.

People think with your head!Why do you always follow this shepherd named MMMMMM(what does this mean?) without any critic view?

Read what the thread is about:the small dish is needed because it aims to a different satellite than Astra2d,so what´s the point in continuing to say it´s too small for Astra?

I don´t want to install a monster dish in my home,that´s why i was interested to know more about this new thing and after freely decide if accepting or not.

uktvdirect i understand you´re upset by this,but just tell your website when it´s up to let people interested have a look.

Godzilla

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 334 of 349 in Discussion

Give the guy a break for god's sake. I think a little patience is required. Proof of pudding etc come to mind

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 335 of 349 in Discussion

Dear Andre_514

I see you know as much about UK tv as you do about CY ;))))

1/ You would be surprised to learn how many UK Cypriots, UK, IRL and many other ENG spkrs want UK TV .. but HATE the idea of a big dish..

2/ In the "rump " RoC there are two main cable players - CYTA and Primetel - competing for the Telco / fast internet and TV market. They carry UK and Ru lang content - but NOT the UK and/or Ru sourced product most of us crave.

3/ Even with 4.2m, when it rains in CY ( big time) the signal for strong SKY stuff ( SKY News ) is momentarily lost :(

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 01:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 336 of 349 in Discussion

re 334

"Cyprusunited" ( Carl from Paphos)

>>I think uktvdirect has given a good description of this forum. <<

Actually, I think you'll find we told him, while he was being cagey..

>>Why do you always follow this shepherd named MMMMMM(what does this mean?) without any critic view? <<

Because they KNOW I have nothing to lose / gain and they have lots too lose. They ( mostly) don't agree with much I say about CY but they ( mostly) RESPECT that I put a good case for my points..

Talking of "respect" ... you seem to be avoiding answering my simple questions ( msg 236 , 293 ) ........

minertor

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 02:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 337 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect, if you have confidence in your product, why get into such a long drawn out argument trying to sell it. If it's good it will sell itself. Don't be put off by those that say they don't want UK TV here, the majority do.

Just scrolling down this longest of threads I notice manyMs has a lot to say. Ignore him, anybody can seem smart with a book on their knee, all he ever does is knock, the guy comes across as a wannabe who's a legend in his own mind.

briano

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 05:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 338 of 349 in Discussion

Yes, mmmmmm, get that book of 'Satellite TV for Dummies' off your lap and get me my new SKY box! 8 years of providing me with - and supporting my SKY systems - and now I learn from minertor you know nothing about the subject - it's a worry ;-)

keithcaley

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 06:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 339 of 349 in Discussion

TimothyCadman,

The big aerials at Rugby are what the UK government uses to talk to Submarines etc.

BBC Radio 4 LW transmitter is at Droitwich

Keith.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 340 of 349 in Discussion

Thanks Mark. I can't wait to hear Al Read and Billy Cotton again.

bevbrighty

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 341 of 349 in Discussion

uktvdirect

Finally get to say welcome to the board

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 342 of 349 in Discussion

I´ve seen MMMMMM has posted on the bbc iplayer forum about the system.

Maybe he was expecting the bbc general director to reply and immediately contact a team of lawyers to fight the legal case.

What did he get instead?

A reply from a common viewer.

Ehm..where is your UK Licence Fee payment receipt for this year?

negativenick

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 343 of 349 in Discussion

Just my ten penny worth from a man who don't really care, as i'm 4 metre dish'd up....

But,

This whole concept got an absulute pasting on http://www.satelites.co.uk

They don't have an axe to grind and are independant..

So i'm inclined to side with mmmmmmmmmmmm (plus his missus is a stunna...)

Hector

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 344 of 349 in Discussion

At this point I'd better, err must, err really mean to say that my missus is also an absolute stunner.

She doesn't have an axe to grind thank goodness & I'm sure as hell not going to buy her one.....

What, I hear you say, nothing wrong with my hearing now that I have an 'aid', has this got to do with uktvdirect?

Not a lot, but then neither has a lot of the other posts..

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 345 of 349 in Discussion

I remember years ago you could use a wire coat hanger as an aerial on your car. Would it work as a replacement for one of those dish things?

uktvdirect

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 346 of 349 in Discussion

"uktvdirect - Finally get to say welcome to the board"

I will be back as soon as the initial fuss has died down and people see that this system is working elsewhere in europe so that there are no doubts about it credibilty.

Thanks to those who posted positive and friendly responses.

And to the Shepherd and his flock hope you find another pet hate that gives you as much pleasure as this one obviously did for a few days, but take some advice "mmmmmm" you really need to get out more and find some real friends in the real world instead of ciberbuddies on the net !

cyprusunited

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 02:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 347 of 349 in Discussion

UPDATE: MMMMMM´s thread on the bbc iplayer forum has been closed by the moderators!

Maybe they thought he was spamming the forum trying to advertise the system?

proger1

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 348 of 349 in Discussion

I for one am stunned that this debate has lasted so long, as for being a ciberbuddie of Marks (not sure if that means we spend our nights on the internet sharing cider, or you meant cyber, couldn't resist it just confused me when I read the word)

Most of the time I and dare I say 90% of the Forum find either fault or disagreement and what he posts but up until now I don't remember anytime he commented without having justified information to back up his statements. When it comes to this subject he has pretty much got more knowledge than anyone else on here so it's much easier to sit back and let him do the debate and agree with him if you so choose.

uktvdirect has disagreed with Mark's information but hasn't really disproved anything he has said except to say it's different but no evidence as yet, will graciously apologise if it does prove to be as fantastic as he states when it is seen.

Cyprusunited, you seem to be just trying to personally attack Mark for fun, sad of you.

Paul

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
07/08/2009 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 349 of 349 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.