North Cyprus Tourist Board - Eating food on the beach
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Eating food on the beach

Eating food on the beach

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

stewilky

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Hi

We have been studying the threads on the best beaches.(Kavan saray, Lara, Shayna etc)

If we use and pay for sunbeds, can we take our own food onto the beaches?

As we eat out every night of our holidays, eating out every lunch as well would be too expensive.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

stewilky - this very much depends on the people running the beach/restaurant attached to the beach. The beach we mainly use (Golden Bay, Alsancak) do not mind in the least if we take our own food. We don't always do it and very often eat in the restaurant there; plus we tend to buy some drinks, coffee, etc.

HOWEVER - others do not take such a lenient stance and can get very 'iffy' about this.

Having said that, I would not take my own food/drink (with the exception of a couple of bottles of water, perhaps) to a place like Silver Rocks, who charge no admission, offer free sunbeds, etc.

Not much help, I'm afraid, but others will give you more details on individual beaches. I would not have thought Kervansaray would mind - it's council run - a very nice, too.

Jean

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
17/08/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

We only go to 'free' beaches ie Alagadi where you can take whatever you want. We don't believe in paying to go on a beach then spending the whole day there just because you have paid for a lounger when generally you would be quite happy to go home after lunch because it is too hot!!

millzer

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

I thought all beaches were 'supposed' to be free anyway! I don't mind paying to go on a beach and use the facilities as long as its well maintained but i'm buggered if i'm being told what i can eat!

Would be interesting to see what happened if you happily paid your entrance fee but then refused to move if they try to stop you from consuming your own food. What would be the take of the local Police on this?

I seem to recall an organised protest made at the Acapulco a little while ago, what was the upshot of that? anyone know?

michelle3012

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

I have been on shanya beach and taken my own cold bag with goodies in, no one has challenged me yet, i think you pay for the sunbeds, so what if you take your own lunch!

chick123

Message Posted:
18/08/2009 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Escape beach won't allow your own fod.

stewilky

Message Posted:
20/08/2009 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for the replies.

As Kervan saray seems to get the biggest 'thumbs up' from C44 members, does anyone know if you can consume your own food there? After paying for the sunbeds of course.

Or can anyone suggest another ,quiet' beach with a few facilities that will allow you. We will have a hire car so travel not a problem.

griffin9870

Message Posted:
20/08/2009 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

People were eating their own food on Lara beach and I did not see any one telling them they couldn't.

tulik

Message Posted:
20/08/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

I have been told not to eat on Lara beach. I spent the day there recently with my two young children. I had moved my sun lounger closer towards the sea for them to avoid the hot sand. As I was leaving the man that I paid for the sun lounger made a huge scene about this, pointing to a poster that was in Turkish. I was not too chuffed about this, don't think I will be rushing to go there again.

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
20/08/2009 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

The old guy at Lara Beach had a sign last year which was a picture of a burger with a cross through it and was telling people that they couldn't bring their own food on the beach, signing that you had to buy at his bar.

Apparantly there was a big row about this and the police were involved. Result was that because Lara is a public beach then anyone was allowed to bring whatever they wanted and if they didn't choose to use a sunbed they did not even have to pay for entrance.

sienna

Message Posted:
20/08/2009 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

exactly right take your sarnies on any beach what can they do chuck you off if they do get your mobile out !

Deniz1

Message Posted:
21/08/2009 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

I was told off at Shayna for eating some fruit!! which they dont sell any way.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.