North Cyprus Tourist Board - Would you let kids be around
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Would you let kids be around

Would you let kids be around

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 76 in Discussion

Smokers would you let your kids eat and be around smokers.???????

dizzycows

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 76 in Discussion

Oh dear bladerunners, would you!! .....

dizzycows

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 76 in Discussion

bladerunners,no smoker is going to answer you, lol

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 76 in Discussion

Dont expect any answers from smokers they probably don't bother about their own children.

Teresa

Message Posted:
22/08/2009 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 76 in Discussion

Woodspeckie i am a smoker and i care about my children, you could say the same about drinkers being around children, or obese people being around children.

the butler

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 76 in Discussion

Until a couple of years ago my son was a smoker but he never smoked in the house where his children were. He always went outside, he has now thankfully managed to kick this dangerous habit. There is no excuse to smoke around children, now there has been plenty of publicity of the dangers of passive smoking and any responsible parent will know not to do this. Grandparents need educating as well, I can remember my late mother saying to me when I asked her not to smoke when my children were around "it never did you any harm" My mother died of cancer 15 years ago and I feel had she not been so selfish, she may have lived a few more years. I am not against people smoking if this is what they want to do but please remember the damage it can cause to the innocent people who have to share your smoke.

The butlers wife

jay76

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 01:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 76 in Discussion

If there was any decent places to take kids i.e-safe - and not on the bloody main road, then I would be happy, but there you go this is Cyprus. :S and for smoking, kids don't stand a chance out here... :\

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 02:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 76 in Discussion

No smokers on the star ship enterprise.

Not sure where it is at the moment though.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 04:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 76 in Discussion

msg 4....i think that was quite a severe generalisation, and i (as a smoker) take offence to that!!

DD

smithy

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 76 in Discussion

Well as a smoker myself can I just say

!! I have never smoked in my house or anyone else's I dont like to smell smoke in my house

even if I am on my own or have the grand children here I would always go out in the garden/balcony

my children are precious, but the sad thing is where ever they go they will inhale fumes of some sort,

sheila

Yellowbelly

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 76 in Discussion

Msg 4: There's obviously some personal reason why you made such a crass statement...

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 76 in Discussion

It is good to see that there are decent folk on this posting, that do care about other people and their kids. There are 'good smokers' and 'bad smokers', most smokers now realise that it does them harm and are kind enough to respect the non smokers. You get those that just are so 'blind' to any thing other than what they always have done, and blow to every one else, I am not picking on any one, just pleased that now we can go to a restaurant in NC, which will become the same as GB health wise lol

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 76 in Discussion

Msg 11 No personal reason just gets to me when I see people smoking in cars where there are children, women pushing prams and smoking maybe outside but what happens when in the home? When we go out for a meal the childrens area in the pubs are now clean before the parents used to light up when the kids were there eating. I smoked 43 years ago but gave up when I got pregnant it wasn't difficult to do when all I thought about was the baby I was going to have.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 76 in Discussion

The reality is that more 'grown-ups' are giving up than ever before..... but,...

more 'children' than ever before are taking it up.

I personally know a number of families where the parents are non-smokers, but their children are.

We all love our kids but they are under so much peer pressure with regard to smoking, drinking and drugs.

kamaks

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 76 in Discussion

The smoking ban is in effect here in Turkey and personally I'm loving it .I can go to the hairdressers and walk out amazingly with clean hair.Why is it that smokers have no respect for non smokers!

teatime

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 76 in Discussion

Msg 15: "Why is it that smokers have no respect for non smokers!" Yet another hollier than though non-smoker generalisation.

The question of the post was 'would you let your kids eat around smokers', then we get the usual comments like in message 4.

As a long term smoker, I wouldn't dream of smoking in the vicinity of children. It did often amaze me, in the days when there were seperate area's for smoking and non-smoking the ammount of parents who did bring their children into the smoking areas.

I believe that most smokers do actually have consideration for others now, OK their is a minority of inconsiderate ones left.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 76 in Discussion

Some just dont realse that they smell,.... teeth yellow, breath, clothes , its so anti social.... and yuk.

hattikins

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 76 in Discussion

The question was, * Would you let your kids be around*, as usual it became personal and aggressive.

Smokers are just people who smoke, they are not criminals, they are just exercising their personal choice, as non smokers do.

The majority of smokers are considerate and would not smoke around children, there will always be exceptions of course as in every other walk of life, if people are smoking nearby and anyone objects then speak to the people concerned in a polite manner.

Can we not just live and let live, smokers need to consider non smokers, and vice versa, it doesn't have to be a war with stupid, irrelevant statements being thrown from one to another.

Everyone has a choice, nobody has a right to try and impose their choice on others, as I said before, live and let live.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 76 in Discussion

Hattikins, wish what you have just said was true, but the non smokers have had to put up with the smokers for decades, and have taken quite a lot of abuse if they have asked if a smoker would care if they could not smoke whilst children are around them. Even to the extent that they become very abusive!! perhaps you are one of the caring ones, but believe me, there are plenty out there who even when asked in a polite manner, can turn on you.

But at long last the tables have turned, so we should all be happy, lol

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 76 in Discussion

Well said Hattikins!! Dizzy cows you seem to have some major issues with smokers, but please don't generalise them! I have never seen a smoker get abusive when asked not to smoke around children, not everyone is this thoughtless!

DD

kamaks

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 76 in Discussion

Well done dizzy cows i totally agree with you!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 76 in Discussion

D.D yes I did have issues, but the ban has put a stop to them now!!!

DD I have been out to play matches in leagues and have asked if they would mind if some of us moved tables,as we could not stand the smoke, the look that the smokers would give you, and then they would deliberatly puff their smoke towards you. No, I for one will be very happy to be able to go places without having to put up with this behaviour from the smokers. I am sure from your posting you do not fall into that category. lol

hattikins

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 76 in Discussion

DD

I am an ex smoker, I stopped after 45 years due to health issues, in all that time I have rarely come across a smoker who disregards other people in the way you describe. People are far more informed as to the dangers of smoking nowadays and generally have accepted the smoking ban in the UK but it is a fact of life that some people enjoy smoking and no amount of legislation will alter that.

I understand where you are coming from but smokers do have rights as well, if you have children with you and you are unhappy that someone is smoking then it,s just as easy for you to move to another table as it is for the person smoking.

hattikins

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 76 in Discussion

Sorry that message was for Dizzy Cows not Daisy, senior moment I'm afraid.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 76 in Discussion

hattikins, if you had read my post properly you would see that it was the non smokers wanting to move tables, not the other way around!! I do respect others who smoke in their own space but not mine. I think you will find that with most people, but you do get the few that seem to think that the world just revolves around them lol

hattikins

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 76 in Discussion

I did read your post properly, I was talking in general, there are also a few non smokers who think the world revolves around them too so as I have said before, we need to live and let live.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 76 in Discussion

Yep, so long as they dont smoke around me!!

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 76 in Discussion

Dizzycows have never smoked would not expose my grandkids to sit around smokers you cant even go to the beach without smelling that awfall smell dirty disgusting habit

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 76 in Discussion

Dizzycows i agree with all your posts.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 76 in Discussion

Smokers never banned non-smokers anywhere. Who are the fanatics in this struggle? Where is the tolerance to give smokers a chance in just a couple of bars? Non-smokers don't HAVE to go there.

What's next? Ban smoking on a terrace outside? Why do non-smokers (and governments!) not campaign for a ban on selling tobacco? Is it the tax on tobacco that comes in handy?

Jeannie

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 76 in Discussion

Message 28

You don't like the smell of smoke whilst you're on the beach?????????? Poor old you - sitting in the open air and you still have to suffer!!

Anywhere else your brigade would like to ban smokers from?

J

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 76 in Discussion

DC you are missing the point here, what we are saying is you can smoke yourself to death, smell on your own, but please dont expect us to tolerate it around us any more. Go to the fresh air, do the decent thing and dont impose your addiction on children or the non smokers. xx

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 76 in Discussion

DC, have just re read your post....... Smokers never banned non smokers, whats that all about? Its not the non smokers bringing in the ban, its universal now, or will be by most governments. xx

Teresa

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 76 in Discussion

Bladerunner i have never heard anything so stupid in all my life, smelling smoke on a beach whatever next.

The beach is big enough for you to move away from anyone who smokes.

I remember sitting outside Stansted airport in the smoking section and an overweight man walked past and said out loud "bloody cancer lovers", people in glass houses spring to mind, what he is doing to his body is no different to what i am doing to mine. You will now have the choice to go to a restaurant or bar and not be around smokers so congratulations but just remember 1 little thing if everyone gave up smoking who will pay for the NHS, The education budget. There is a lot of tax on cigarettes and you all benefit from it.

NatAless

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 08:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 76 in Discussion

well said Teresa! I smoke but don't really drink, only on special occasions, I could say that I don't like to be around drunk people acting stupid, slurring their words & looking at me with their crazy red eyes when I am sat in a bar but live & let live! I never smoke around children, but in the open air it doesn't do any harm, you would be surprised when I take my nieces to the childrens play area in the UK parks how many parents/carers are smoking! Children need to be exposed to everything, it's normal, you cant shelter them, my mum smoked when I was small and it didn't effect me, we always had alcohol in the house too and I was free to have some red wine in my lemonade from a young age & there was always alcohol in the house, but my parents drank sensibly with food only & my attitude to alcohol is much better than my friends who were not allowed to drink ever & it was seen as taboo, they were coming over to have a drink but I was never bothered as it was always around.

NatAless

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 08:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 76 in Discussion

contd parents are still people and while a lot may give up during pregnancy, a lot may smoke again when the kids are a bit older, everyone needs some form of release whatever that may be, yoga, drinking, smoking etc I have never seen a parent blowing smoke in a childs' face, no parent wishes to harm their children but if they smoke away from the children, who cares? You are definately in the wrong country if you are anti smoking am afraid, have never seen so many smokers as here and in Turkey, including parents of young children, but have always seen them smoking on the balconies/in the garden.

Natx

NatAless

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 76 in Discussion

Regarding previous posts as a smoker, even if I am in the open air, I would rather someone have the guts to politely mention to me if I am bothering them with my smoke, sometimes you do not realise it is blowing in someones' direction, I cant control the wind! Rather than giving me dirty looks or making some snide comment, then I would oblige or move or whatever, if I see children are around I am always careful, drinking is just as bad for you and when I am out having breakfast in Girne and all the people there are drinking beers in the morning I don't make any comments about them ruining their livers and being typical British lager louts, so stop the prejudice and live and let live!

Natx

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 76 in Discussion

Nataless, I do not have a problem with any smoker smoking out side at all, most non smokers as you say move away or sit some where else, its the indoors bit that affects most of us, nothing more, nothing less. Its nothing to do with drinking etc these folks can drink themselves to death, the same as smokers smoking themselves to early illness or death, just dont expect us to enjoy what you enjoy. Its having enclosed places with stale smoke drifting around that we as non smokers should not have to put up with. lol

NatAless

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 76 in Discussion

Yes and the original thread was about smoke around children so parents shouldn't take children to enclosed smokey places, which before the ban was pubs as restaurants always had a non smoking section, personally I agree, what would children want to be in a pub for anyway? Hardly any fun for them!

Natx

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 76 in Discussion

Agree with you regarding taking kids into smokey areas, pubs etc, unfortunatly the times have changed and familys do go out to restaurants, pubs etc, the original thread was about would you let children eat around smokers, we never had that problem years ago as just could not afford to do that. But times have changed and studies have found that childrens lungs are as vunerable as someone with cronic lung disorders. lol

NatAless

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 76 in Discussion

Some families could afford to and restaurants have always had smoking and non smoking areas, this is my last post on this thread!

Natx

Geejay

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 76 in Discussion

Oh Dear, the smoking fascists at it again. There are always those who disapprove of other peoples habits and way of life. For goodness sake go away and manage your own lifes not other peoples.

I'm an ex smoker but I don't object to others smoking around me. They have a right to their way of life. You "do-gooders" and "I don't like it so ban it" brigate are a pain in the proverbial. lol.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 76 in Discussion

Then why bother to answer a debate Geejay? Nataless has said her bit, which I respect, nothing to do with do- gooders, its what every individual wants, and that is a choice, lol

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 76 in Discussion

Well i don't think children should be allowed in pubs, full stop! There is smoke, bad language and bad behaviour and sometimes even fighting...this is not what folk should subject their children to.

This is all i am going to say on the matter.

DD

Harold2555

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 76 in Discussion

DD

I couldn't agree more

Harold

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 76 in Discussion

DD we are all with you on that one, ----

teatime

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 76 in Discussion

OK, I'm going for a fag in the playground, thats all I'm going to say on the matter.

hattikins

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 76 in Discussion

Yes Dizzycows, as you say, it,s what EVERY individual wants, and that is a choice. End of conversation.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 76 in Discussion

They just arrested a bloke for prowling around a playground, thats all Im going to say about the matter. .....

teatime

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 76 in Discussion

Dizzycows, you've got a sense of humour after all.

Oops, That really is all I'm going to say about the matter (maybe)

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 76 in Discussion

teatime, I do have a great sense of humour, I as well as yourself like a debate, and can hold my own, my convictions might not be yours, I respect that. thats all I have to say on the matter. (I think!)

teatime

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 76 in Discussion

And what a crap way of choosing a parent!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 76 in Discussion

Crikey hookie, now you will get them all going again, you'll be accused of being nasty, arrogant all sorts, lol

clarets

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 76 in Discussion

RobnJo,msg 14 ....that is actually incorrect.Less people are actually smoking now.....around 23% of the whole population,and that includes children. People can choose to harm themselves,if they so wish,but nobody has the right to harm other people with smoke or their unborn children. Everyone knows that smoking is a majority cause of most cancers affecting the respiratory system and also other lung and vascular diseases.......the world should simply ban it or tax it out of existence,as NOBODY needs to smoke!

clarets

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 76 in Discussion

Msg 20 DD.....I have seen people become very abusive and even physically violent when asked to stop smoking in enclosed areas where children(and adults for that matter) are present.....nobody smokes because they are of generous or kindly disposition.....they do it solely to feed their own selfish addiction!

teatime

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 76 in Discussion

Yet another holier than thou preacher!

clarets

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 76 in Discussion

OOOOOHHHHHHH thee of little knowledge and much selfishness......get yourself a life and a healthy hobby !

teatime

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 76 in Discussion

Mind your business what I do with my life and just get on with your own!

burty1987

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 76 in Discussion

Everyone has the right to smoke, whether it be inside or outside. Obviously many countries are banning smoking inside, but.... surely taking YOUR OWN children to somewhere (such as a pub in the UK 3 years ago) would be your own fault. I remember being asked to "smoke over there" by a parent who thought it was necessary to bring her 3 kids to the pub on a Saturday afternoon. Needless to say, I ignored her.

I personally wont smoke around children in my house, or at a friends, but in Cyprus, in a bar and there are children I will smoke, because the parents shouldn't bring them if they don't want them breathing it in!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 76 in Discussion

Clarets my sentiment as well, welcome to the debate that has the ladies knickers in a twist, and we as non smokers are not entitled to have our opinions. lol

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 76 in Discussion

Tipical posts from im all right jack smokers.Well said Clarets.

teatime

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 76 in Discussion

Good post, well said Burty

Tuttut

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 76 in Discussion

I used to spoke but never spoked around my child, yes i do go to places where people are smoke but most of them have there window open so its not smoky in there.

One thing i do not like is an adult smoking infront of a child and the smoke is going across their face i think that this is lack of respect for the child.

Im fairly lucky as my child will move away or make a comment if smoke is going in their face. Young but at this age the truth only exits their mouth

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
24/08/2009 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 76 in Discussion

My grandad was issued cigarettes while he was fighting for Great Britain during the war. He lived a lovely life until he reached 86 years old.

He like his son, brought their children up to be as healthy and happy as possible, (my father fought in the second world war), showing the best regard to their elders, whilst smoking his Woodbines.

All this harping on about cigarette smokers has run it's toll now. I actually think that this generation should think about their lives more carefully, everything in moderation.

Health freeks are dying because they are drowning their brain with drinking too much water !!!!!

too many children are obese, do these parents realise they are also killing their children.

I've seen mums walk past my shop screeming 'if you don't b''''''''''''''y shuttup, you won't get no bleedin sweets, in the next half hour, the poor overweight child is walking by filling her face with a huge bag full.

and don't start me on the foul language from childrens mouths !

clarets

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 76 in Discussion

Hi DC these smoker are very good at passing their opinions about "rights to smoke".....right up to the point where their health becomes seriously affected,then they wan "fixing" by people like me! Of course,I always help,but the best way to help yourself,and stop inflicting smoke on the MAJORITY......is to STOP smoking

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 76 in Discussion

Ok Clarets,

years ago, i was in hospital (Uk), in the next bed was a nurse who had stones in her kidneys. she was grossly overweight,which made her op. more painful, would you judge the said patient the same way?

The right to eat.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 01:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 76 in Discussion

Clarets

I am a medical secretary within a GP practice. One of our doctors smokes openly, i.e. out the back where the rest of us plebs are allowed. I was very surprised at our last year's Christmas party, where around 3 of our GP's were out there (it was, obviously, bloody cold) puffing away. These are the people for whom I type letters, day in and day out, stating "smoker - given advice re smoking cessation".

I have no objection to this, whatsoever. Sometimes, it shows doctors as "human" and, like the rest of us, less than perfect individuals.

PS flowerfairy - I have to admit, most nurses, in my experience, are overweight. Why is this???

J

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 07:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 76 in Discussion

Burty - many pubs are encouraging families to lunch and spend time at their establishments - being a parent shouldn't mean one can't socialise with everyone else. It would have been easier for you to move, than a parent with three children - but then, looking at your age - you still have a LOT of growing up to do.......as you mature, hopefully you won't be so arrogant and will be more considerate.........flowerfairy - one HAS to eat, no-one has to smoke........though obesity (most especially in the young) is getting frightening..................tuttut - you wait for your child to move? the smoke will be in the air if you are both in the same room.jeannie, I too have noticed how many nurses are overweight..........wonder why that is

NatAless

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 08:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 76 in Discussion

La vita é bella! Live and let live & enjoy it anyway you chose to without harming children or others!

I too like a debate but this is just about non smokers generalising and insulting smokers, if I also wanted to be arrogant and insulting I could start a thread about people who drink alcohol, or poeple who are obese etc but no-one is perfect! Everyone tries to live a good life & most people have a vice...smoking, drinking, whatever....Anyway, it's a lovely day & I am off to the beach...& taking my cigarettes with me!

Natx

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 76 in Discussion

Jeannie mess 69 just goes to show how addictive this habit is just the same as class a drugs are people cant stop untill its to late most smokers try to give up when doctors tell them your last fag will kill you .I just wonder if all the smokers on this thread would give up if doctors said thats there last resort and the next fag will kill them .

simbas

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 76 in Discussion

No not many of them in my experience , ie , i used to run Smoking Cessation Clinics and patients were referred to me prior to Bypass Ops . They did very well until they had their Bypass and started again after they had the Operation , thought having the op solved the problem !!

Simbas

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 76 in Discussion

Natless do they state on a bar of chocolate it kills and may harm your baby if eaten when pregnant.And do they have pictures on macdonalds of obesse people no and never will unlike on a packet of fags the pictures on them are just what smoking does.It should be enougth to make anyone quit but alass it doesnt.

NatAless

Message Posted:
25/08/2009 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 76 in Discussion

msg 74 Drinking alcohol while pregnant is more harmful than smoking, especially during the first months, a friend of mine was told by her doctor that if she was going to find it so hard and be stressed to carry on smoking one or two light cigarettes a day while pregnant as it would be better than being stressed and therefore stressing the baby, drinking is very harmful too and should have warnings on the bottles of the damage it does to your body, mind, behaviour, those around you and is also in some cases just as addictive.

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 76 in Discussion

Exactly nataless but i did not mention alcohol .just what it states on fag packets.maybe one day it might do on alcohol.The pictures on fag packets are suposed to be a deterant to stop younger children and teenagers not to smoke

dizzycows

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 76 in Discussion

Bladerunner, have you ever tried pushing water up hill? with smokers it is the same thing. They just dont think of the kids lungs, or of the consequences. I have just been to the local Drs (not ill, collecting med for hubby) and there you have a classic case of sheer ignorance, mothers standing in the rain with push chairs smoking all because they cannot wait for a fag! As far as I am concerned these sort of parents want a good kick up the 'jacksie'..... And most were obese!! ......

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
26/08/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 76 in Discussion

Yes dizzycows you are correct this is what starts there kids smoking .Nothing worse than seeing a mum with a fag hanging out of her mouth or any woman especialy when she has a mcdonalds in her hand .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.