North Cyprus Tourist Board - Green or Riverside Holliday Village, Alsancak?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Green or Riverside Holliday Village, Alsancak?

Green or Riverside Holliday Village, Alsancak?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Book Riverside Holiday Village

TonyM

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi, new to this forum so please bear with me. Tips on protocol welcomed.

Came out a couple of years ago and stayed at Oscars resort. After experienncing their beer prices and beach area, can identify with some of the posts on this forum, and the other palce. However for some reason am returning again and am looking for a bit of advice.

Although I thought Oscars was a nice hotel that I have no issues with, there wasn't a lot in the immediate vacinity.

Looking at Green Holiday Village and Riverside Holiday village, which I think are in the village of Alsancak? Any advice on locatios and/or the availability of bars restaurants outside would be much apprecaited. Also how I might get to a reasonable beach if the local ones are anything like Oscas.

Cheers

Jeannie

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

TonyM - plenty of restaurants and bars in the areas you are thinking about. Good beaches nearby, too. If you fancy a change from the beach, there are also a few restaurants in the area with pools, sun loungers, etc. Most do not charge entrance, but are happy if you eat/drink there.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

J

eager

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Riverside a bit dated now although nice size pool, a bit far away from anything so you will need a car. Make sure that your room is not near the avairy otherwise you will be up VERY early.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

TonyM - sorry, forgot to say - would agree with Eager that Riverside is a bit dated. Have heard very good reports about Green Holiday Village, which is also a bit more 'central'. Good point about the car - are you planning on hiring one?

J

PS Eager, kind regards from Paul and me

dizzycows

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Green holiday village is very new and looks very good, we always hire their cars and taxi, which we can say we always have an ex service. Went to Riverside years ago(5yrs) and found it a little 'tired' would think for service and places to visit Green would now be my own persional choice. But the last decision is of course yours. lol

Lilli

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

I have heard nothing but good reports this week from customers abot Green Holiday Village. Agree with all about Riverside everybody tells me its tired xxx

jimmyG

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

TonyM - you should also check out Almond Holiday village, which is not too far past Riverside.

eager

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Jeannie, thx

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.