North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ambulance scandal in Cyprus Today
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ambulance scandal in Cyprus Today

Ambulance scandal in Cyprus Today

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

SunnyLaner

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Just read Wednesday's Cyprus Today.

Is anyone else appalled by the closure of ambulance stations? Seems like bad news for us in Alsancak.

Can expats, through this forum, campaign against cuts in vital services?

How do we do it? Letters to the Cyprus Today?

SunnyLaner

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

SunnyLaner,

You can campaign here, on other TRNC notice boards, write letters to Cyprus Today and any other TRNC newspaper and any other Internet Notice Boards Worldwide. What you mustn't do is actually stand on the streets, or visit government offices to demonstrate, with plackards. This will get you arrested and/or deported.

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

I see Lapta has been axed. Great. All it needs is one person to die and I hope the accountants feel as bloody hopeless as the victim's family.

tarry67

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

I didnt think there were any ambulance stations in Lapta and surrounding areas. I thought they all came from Kyrenia hospital or Lefkosia. In the uk the allowed waiting time for an ambulance is 20 mins max on an emergency call so we should be ok?? Anyway there are quite a few first responders now in the villages which was probably a reason for cutting back maybe? Anything to save money although most of the equipment has been donated by money raised at events so I am lead to believe. Back to hazard warning lights again on private cars coming at you in the middle of the road. Great what next, probably moving the hospitals to the Karpaz........!!!!!

TinLondon

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Not sure where you got your 20 mins from, Stephen? The UK target is 8mins with the marjority of all crictical call outs now hitting this. It amazes me to read that only yesterday the current government is more interested in re-printing thousands of school history books to give a more detailed view on the past island wars than to saving lives!

fire starter

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

On Monday this week littlenige's wife Pat fell from some steps ambulance took 15 mins from time of call to site of incident in Karsiyaka

Please see http://tiny.cc/lSX7M for more details and the service received at Girne hospital

Tiggy

Message Posted:
09/09/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Well bonio/pike/etc, I think it is a great idea....you can read the history books whilst awaiting an ambulance....the day you may need one, you can tell the driver how he is living on land that belongs to the south.

what else amazes that warped little mind of yours.

Maz

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 01:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

What can you all do? Well, could I suggest you all do what Terry Carter, Dr Avci of TKOD) and Dr. Kenan of the Medical Council would like you to do - SHOUT AND SCREAM AND WRITE to the government. If you know of any politicians by name, then write to them. If you want to get a petition up from your street/neighbourhood, then do, but PLEASE make the government aware that they are neglecting their first duty of care to the people of northern Cyprus, and hope that not too many lives are lost before they realise they have made a mistake in cutting back on something which has taken years to build. And don't forget that Terry Carter's team has fund raised to get equipment for these ambulances from U.K, and worked hard to get response time down to European response time.

Write to the papers and forums by all means, BUT th egovernment needs to hear it. Sheer volume should do the trick, - but be polite, please, or they might respond by closing even more. I am sure they really think they are

Maz

Message Posted:
10/09/2009 02:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

(ran out of space agai! - I talk too much!) What I was about to say is that maybe the government think they have come up with an ideal answer to saving of public funds, as they do seem a good bunch of lads and lassies, but they just nee d to be convinced that maybe they made a teeny weeny mistake in this one!

Let's hope before the end of the week the news will be that the original decision is reversed.

Now THAT will b...... up the article in Cyprus Observer on Friday, but who cares if we get back the excellent service of care that has been created. So, come on guys and gals, get out your pen, or look up the gov on the web page and write via that.

metin

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 05:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Spoke to Terry today, and he says the same.......write to the papers, write to the Minister of Health, a petition should help. We must do something and not let this rest until the decision is reversed.

I was in Esentepe last Friday night (the night they decided without any warning to close down the Esentepe Ambulance Service). An ambulance was needed urgently and it took 40mins to arrive from Kyrenia !!!! If this would have been a heart attack case.......I guess he wouldn't be here to tell the tale.

Lets do something folks, this is a necessary service for everyone.

malsancak

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

You can also complain to the Office of Ombudsman, TRNC at http://www.kktcombudsman.org/en/?op=basvuru. Unfortunately you can only do this after the event that causes dissatisfaction.

Mal

keithcaley

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Msg 2,

Could you please advise the source of this information?

Member Elko2 (Ismet) posted the following: -

Demonstrations by foreigners are not unlawful, they are simply subject to prior permission. So if prior permission is granted it is not unlawful.

ismet

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/16535.asp

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.