North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pegasus website must win prize for worst site 2009-2010
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pegasus website must win prize for worst site 2009-2010

Pegasus website must win prize for worst site 2009-2010

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

diggy

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 25 in Discussion

Just been trying to book flights for 2010 on the new web site, must say it is the best weapon the competition has against them. Who ever wrote the software and even more so checked the site for functionality must have been working for their competion. To say it is atrocious is an understatement. It enters what it wants, difficult to correct errors’ pick English as language and it sometimes gives you back options in Turkish. Then to top it all try filling in their on line comments form and it replies error so you can’t even let them know. Surely if they're trying to win business the site working correctly is a prerequisit for any success. Been sat waiting on the phone now for 40 mins trying to pay for the seats we believe we have booked on the web site as the site wont let us pay

just likes the word ERROR

cyprusjoker

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 25 in Discussion

couldnt agree with you more, why fix something that wasn't broken..

everon

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 25 in Discussion

we had no problems!!! booked last night for Easter, lots of bargains!! confirmation came through this morning.

WotNoDeeds!

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 25 in Discussion

Thank god someone else is having problems with Pegasus web site, I can't get past the part where you select your flights? it just locks up and eventually it comes up **Missing EMail" ? or Error ? what missing e-mail ? what error ? booked loads of flights and paid on old site not one problem the new site has a big problem, went into Pegasus office (near HSBC) not one person could speak enough English to understand what the problem was and to be frank they couldn't have cared anyway. I've given up with site now and until they sort it out I'll book with BA.

Whistler

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 25 in Discussion

Booked last night, no problem. Even able to choose my seat.

PaulW

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 25 in Discussion

We booked last night, okay with help from a few board members, but £80 return for next June, you cannot beat that.

I wouldn't be surprised if people going to the south start using Ercan with prices this cheap.

P

joandjelly

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 25 in Discussion

I did have a few problems but managed to book an Easter flight for my friend for £80 return so very happy.

Lilli

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 25 in Discussion

Book with Tom at Flighholidays he has access. I had an email today in turkish with great prices but couldnt get beyond the opening when I pressed english. His details are on here but his phone number is 01594544077 x

flightholiday

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 25 in Discussion

Msg 4. "Pegasus office (near HSBC) not one person could speak enough English to understand what the problem was and to be frank they couldn't have cared anyway"

- I am not too surprised -you are trying to book over the Pegasus web site direct. The office is run by their GSA (main Cypriot agent) they earn nothing if you take the trade to the Pegasus web site.

It's the same for me or any other agents when asked for help by by people who have booked direct - it is just that at IAH we are unusal and try to help everyone.

Tom

info@flightholiday.co.uk or Skype flightholiday

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 25 in Discussion

I, too, cannot cope with the website so I give up. Go to Sunisland in Girne they are on the same road as the Colony Hotel and on the same side but up towards the main roundabout, if you get to the Anibal restaurant you have gone too far! They are great and will help you.

Oilman

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 25 in Discussion

I've been trying to book flights for the last 4 hours but cannot process payment.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 25 in Discussion

Oilman - I am in the office right now - if you want I am happy to try to assist - Skype flightholiday or give me your phone number and I will call you Tom info@flightholiday.co.uk

Will try to get you the best deal but we would add our booking fee to the Pegasus price (per booking not per passenger)

flightholiday

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 25 in Discussion

Hi I have had a request today from Pegasus UK today:

Many of you have complained about their new web site. Their man from Stansted is going over on Monday and would like to know what actual problems you have had and any constructive suggestions.

He has also asked some agents because to us the public site is easier to use in some ways than the agents one.

Could you respond on this thread or email me and he will take the comments over to Istanbul.

Tom

IAH Ltd

info@flightholiday.co.uk make the subject Pegasus site please

colly

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 25 in Discussion

Hi Tom,

I had some problems but as previously posted the payment would not go through because the card company declined on the basis it was a Turkish company. Got automated fraud phone call and after that it was O.K.

I did get caught in a price change situation which would not let me pay for my option, I believe that having the option on a flight is a big problem. All other budget flights you see the price and choose whether to book or not. It is unfair to hold a flight which can impact on others booking when there is no obligation to pay. I was caught in the promotional flights increasing and I am guessing that is why it would not let me process, I booked my wife on the same flight before finding this out. Had I been aware I would have chosen a different date which suited better.

I also tried to write a message as instructed to complain but just got the error message.

I prefer the current system if it was working correctly.

Col

colly

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 25 in Discussion

Paulw,

£80 return. Were they booked last night or during the promotion week?? When I have been checking they have been £59.99 each way minimum after the promotion. Also there would have been a charge of £26 to add to the £80. Still a good price though, the office did not believe me when I told them there were prices this low on the internet.

Col

joandjelly

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 25 in Discussion

Hi Tom I have a Pegasus Card and was in the middle of booking a flight and put in my card number and pin to log-in (as requested) but there was no button to continue so I ended up choosing the proceed without becoming a member option. Didn't really cause a problem as such but was annoying at the time bearing in mind that prices change all the time.

I also have had problems when putting in departure airport as Ercan and the when the screen comes up with the flight details the departure airport has changed to something else (Samsun I think). The only reason I spotted this was because the flights were much cheaper and I double checked at the top of the page. Doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be annoying. This may have been on the previous website though.

Smity

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 25 in Discussion

Q1 Diggy

Just check your bank statementt we booked on line. like you did,nt go through or so we thought when we checked our bank account it had been taken out twice,

We are now awaiting them to refund us back

OldDogs

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 25 in Discussion

For us Mac users big problems you can't enter a date.

kaysera

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 02:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 25 in Discussion

Only problem I had was inputting a telephone number, perhaps that's one thing that could be improved on Tom.

Thanks

flightholiday

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 25 in Discussion

See Msg 13 Any more problems? Any more suggestions?

diggy

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 25 in Discussion

Hi ,

We had quite a few problems when trying to book flights the first time on the new website. We had problems putting in the date if you wanted to change it from what you had tried originally. It kept defaulting back. It wanted you to complete lots of compulsory information eg. telephone number but would only accept it in the turkish telephone number format so you were unable to proceed. It was confusing regarding baggage as it mentioned a cost per bag. The whole website froze and we were unable to proceed so had to try again the next day by which time the prices had increased considerably. We couldn't get it to accept our payment so we confirmed the details so that we could pay later but then couldn't find how to pay for the flight when we went back into the system. We tried to contact pegasus via their online contact and after typing the whole message found that for some reason it was not in the correct format and just came up with error. So we telephoned the pegaus

diggy

Message Posted:
24/09/2009 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 25 in Discussion

So we telephoned the Pegasus office to be kept on hold for about 40 minutes. I had selected the english speaking option but the first 5 people who answered could not speak english and just put me back on hold again.

The old website was much more user friendly.

hope these comments are of some help.

Regards

flightholiday

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 25 in Discussion

Thanks Diggy and all. If there are any more please post them today as they are being taken to a meeting in Istanbul by the Pegasus UK rep. on Sunday or Monday.

Or of course you can buy from us at IAH as their agents and let us navigate their site for you.

Dawnie1

Message Posted:
25/09/2009 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 25 in Discussion

Tom I agree with Diggy, I pressed for the english option & the phone was answered by non english speaking staff, so I had to hold again.

The other thing worth mentioning is the additional luggage charge, I know it is for an extra bag within the limit, BUT did not know that at the time of booking & it seems nor did Pegasus staff, so that could be made clearer as I know others have found the same issue.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 25 in Discussion

UK 10.30 I am going to email a copy of the content of this thread to the man from "UK" Pegasus in about 15 minutes so please post any other comments that you see fit.

Tom

IAH Ltd

PS Izzet I hope you don't mind as it is trying to assist board members.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.