North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pegasus have taken card payments twice, and theres more!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pegasus have taken card payments twice, and theres more!

Pegasus have taken card payments twice, and theres more!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

Over the last week we have booked our next four flights with Pegasus.

Not only have the cheeky bees taken each payment twice, they have charged us twice for one of the tickets on a card we used LAST TIME.

What do they say on the ad'...easy and safe to book on line. HA!

We have spent the best part of the day trying to get in touch with them to no avail.

Anyone experienced this or have any ideas??

Brinsley

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Vidal

Report this to your card company and suspend payment. If they get blacklisted by all major credit card companies for fraud it will make their international trading ability very difficult.

Richard

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Brinsley

Its Barclaycard and they wont do anything until we have spoken to Pegasus.

Unbelievable isn't it.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

Agree with Richard totally. Get your card company onto this now. If there's a problem with their website they should get it sorted now or close it down till it is sorted. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

Am I right in thinking there is a pegasus office near the Harbour?

Im quite prepared to jump up and down in there until they get someone on the phone for me.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

Then Vidal if barclaycard don't give a dman contact your local Police force and get them to take a statement from you and insist that they have the owners of the airline arrested for fraud and deported to Britain to stand trial.

If the Turkish authorities don't play ball and deport them tell them they can have Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York in exchange.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/court_and_social/article6836933.ece

colly

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

I have had problems when they changed the prices on the web site, i was caught with an option, booked my wife on the same fight and then found i could not get my cheaper flight payed for. The office did not believe the price i had it for and said impossible. i sent the print out of the offer prices and in fairness the guy is trying to sort.

The problem is that they allow reservations to be held without payment which is really confusing and unfair on those wanting to book and pay as the option could increase thier flight. Most strange when you consider that they seem to base the site on Easyjet style.

Col

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

They have an office on the same road that goes down to the town that HSBC and Niazis is on. It's on the right before Turkbank and Continental Bank. It used to be an Estate Agents.

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Nice one TC

Know our Fergi I think they would have their hands full with her!!

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

msg 7 Colly Where did you ring. We cant even get to speak to anyone.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

Vidal

In writing, inform Barclaycard that all monthly payment will be met minus the Pegasus amount. Indicate that you've made every effort to contact them without success. Just subtly mention that this might be a case for the fraud squad with a referral to the banking ombudsman. Keep multiple copies of all correspondence, emails, bank statements and record on paper of all times & dates of phone calls to various parties.

In the last week many posts have been surprised at the low cost of air tickets they've purchased with Pegasus for next year, myself included. I wonder if the airline is on the brink of going belly up and just taking what they can whilst they can? No chance of any rebate under TRNC 'law'.

Richard

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/09/2009 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

Thanks Brinsley

We'll do that and We'll call them again first thing in the morning before setting off for the Pegasus office.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

I can't comment on many of the points on this thread.

A few things I have been told in the past:

Pegasus are partly or fully owned by one of Turkey's rich families - small chance of going down.

They offered for a short while a bonus deal - this marketing strategy has been used by them before & many of you have benefited.

"Pegasus" offices in North Cyprus are not Pegasus but their main North Cyprus agent - trying to air your woes or be thuggish there would not help, if they think you are right or not.

The agents’ web site has had more problems than the public one; although agents have sympathy they know better what you are suffering.

Cont……….

flightholiday

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

…… Cont

I am sure many of these problems will be resolved as soon as they can - Pegasus were just bringing out their new deals when they were flooded (two floors) in the flash floods in Istanbul last week and they lost all their computer connections for about 24 hours. They are still working on backup systems and many of the staff are working from temporary offices.

Please do not start damaging rumours.

I will try to get an official comment for you but communications are still very difficult.

This is only a personal viewpoint from my limited knowledge Tom

Brinsley

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Tom

From my understanding from Msg 1, please explain how on earth are they able to charge on a previously used credit card which had no bearing on their latest purchase from a different card? I remember a few wealthy USA banks and a certain Mr Maddox going down the tubes in the last year, so no comfort zone on whoever owns Pegasus. All a little suspicious but hope I'm proved wrong.

Richard

PaulW

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

I can only speak as I find, we have booked with Pegasus for next June, best prices we have ever had, I have just checked my credit card account, the correct amount has been taken.

As Tom has asked, please do not start damaging rumours.

If Pegasus have put out loss leaders, accept them please don't knock them.

If you have had a problem contact them by telephone, I have found them very helpful.

Flying out with Pegasus on Sunday.

Paul

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 01:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Its always best to you lastminute.com when booking

teatime

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 01:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

I used Barclaycard and no problems, I have also had to contact Pegasus in the past when I cocked up on an on-line booking and they were most helpful.

Have they actually collected the money from Barclaycard yet? As I had a problem with a purchase once when a payment went through 3 times, the company only claimed the one amount from barclaycard and the other two amounts disappeared. It may be a similar scenario.

cooper

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Vidal you can contact Pegasus on this number 0845 0848 9801, dial 2 when prompted for English speaking staff.

Cooper

minertor

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

Vidal, did you use a "debit" or "credit" card. If credit card it's strange that the card issuer won't help.

If you've used a debit card, then it is for you to sort out with Pegasus.

Vidal

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Thanks for your replies.

I am not starting Rumours..I have nothing bad to say about Pegasus, we mostly use them and think they are great, but, having spent the best part of the day trying to get to speak to some one, I was asking if anyone could help. Nor do I intend to be thuggish in my approach, you are being ridiculous to suggest that. Now I have the information you have given me, and thank you for that, I see I would obviously be asking the wrong people at the Girne office..

Minertor. It is a credit card that we used. We thought it was strange too.

We will try again today and see how it goes. It may well be as Teatime says and re adjust in a few days.

To get a statement that has one thousand one hundred pounds too much on one card and one hundred and forty pounds you havent spent on a card you havent used from any company you have done business with is worrying.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

Vidal,

Good luck in sorting it out. I am sure you would be polite now you know the Pegasus office's in the TRNC position.

You must admit some of the posts on this thread were quite strong.

Vidal

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

Hi Flightholiday...arnt they always!!

Absolutely..thanks for the info..Will let you know how we get on.

Vidal.

Smity

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

Just raed this posting cant belive it thougt we were on our own. It has happened to us as well this week. We have booked to come out in april. We thought the transaction was cancellled as the card details agin we thought would not or had not gone throught.We tried again successfully and paid.After reading thisI have just cheched our bank account as we paid by debit card and yes 2 lots of charges. From what I hear its gonna be fun getting my money back

To answer Q13 One of turklins richist familes not suprised itb they keep getting paid twice.

Whatch this space for further developments

Smity

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

PS Pardon the spelling nad grammer I am so annoyed my hands are shaking

joandjelly

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

It is not at all strange that Barclaycard expect you to try to resolve this with the merchant in the first instance. This is standard practice and they will only become involved if there is a dispute, i.e. Pegasus refuse to refund the amount taken in error. I have been into the Pegasus office in Kyrenia a couple of times for different things and the girl there that speaks English is very helpful. I am sure you will be able to resolve it face to face. In my situation where a flight had been cancelled due to snow at Istanbul, they refunded my credit card there and then in the office.

Smity

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

Well not sure how much the phone call cost from the UK to Istanbul, but did get through to the right dept (after 3 failed attempts) language problem I speak very little Turkish. To cut to the chase, if I email the details of the first transation from my bank they will refund the payment. Did'nt say how long it would take. We shall see

Tried my bank first they said not thier problem (suprise suprise)

Keep you posted

cooper

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Guess what ! i have also been billed twice for each flight i booked online last Friday, phoned Pegasus and they have forwarded my details to their account's dept and promised that i will receive funds back in my account within a week.

Cooper, All good stuff )

Vidal

Message Posted:
18/09/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Hi all.

Just to let you know we finally got through to the Pegasus people who have told us the same as Flightholiday msg 14 and Cooper and that they can only explain they have had computer problems and bad weather.

The 'rogue' payment on the other card however, they cant explain and are now talking to Barclaycard as BC class that as fraud. If they can explain how that happened and refund the money sharpish then, we dont want to go down that road with them. We know it wasnt done maliciously. I dont know the first thing about how payments go through a computer but surely old details should not be stored??

Anyway, hopefully all is well.

Just check your statements if you have purchased on-line.

Thanks all.

Vidal

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.