North Cyprus Tourist Board - moving my own furniture from uk to trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > moving my own furniture from uk to trnc

moving my own furniture from uk to trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Cyprus44 Article on Buying Furniture in North Cyprus

Discovery

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

hi to you all i am a new member i intend to bring my furniture over myself in a large van i am not trying to save money it just appeals to me to be on my own for a few days ( to many femails in my house ) the two things i am concerned about are driving through serbia croatia bulgaria ect is it safe i dont want to take the ferry to turkey also what do i need to get through customs in northern cyprus i intend to do the trip in the next few months if the builder can ever finish my villa many thanks frank

simbas

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

hi discovery , welcome to the forum , you are one very adventurous boy, i'm sure someone has experience of self transporting , sorry i don't , where are you building your villa ?

regards , simbas

Discovery

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

hi simbas thanks for the reply my villa is being built at cristal bay breeze if the builders evergreen get there fingers out and finish it they never answer emails and just go ahead as they think as i am a NHBC reg housebuilder in the U/K the build quality of my villa in Bahceli is poor . The information that i require is what paperwork do i need to get through customs when i arrive in Kyrenia do i have to sort this out before i come over also i would like to know how safe are the countrys after leaving Austria untill i reach Turkey there must be someone out there who has brought there own furniture by van many thanks .

ukturk

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

hi discovery

welcome to the forum!!!!

you will have no probs going thru all the countires the only thing you might have to do is give some of the border police some back handers, i would not reconmend to take the ferry from italy to turkey very expensive even thou it cuts your journey time you pay a arm and a leg in tolls on the motorways and a lot of money for the boat

if you intend to bring all your personal belongings in a van, you will need your residence permit in advance to clear your stuff thru customs in cyprus otherwise you will have a problem, i have heard of stories in people giving them back handers but i wud not take the risk!!!!!!

so the only way you can do this is come over sort out your resi visa then drive over

below i have provided a link to the ferry service you get from tasucu mersin turkey over to girne

http://ferries-turkey.com/cyprus/cyprus-en.html

and

http://www.fergun.net/uk/index.htm

hope this helps and good luck

regards

ukturk

Discovery

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

HI UK Turk Thanks for the information but i must ask how do i get a residence permit i will only be using my villa for holidays ect will i need a residence permit many thanks Discovery .

ukturk

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 01:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

hi

the only way you can bring furniture over from the u.k you will need a resi permit its not possiable to do this if you just have a tourist visa, does not matter if you got a house in cyprus you will have to take full time residence to have the option of bringing your goods over, so if you dont intend to do this then the next best solution is to buy furniture in cyprus

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.