North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pegasus Airlines - information & help please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pegasus Airlines - information & help please

Pegasus Airlines - information & help please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

JenAnd

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

This will be our first time flying with Pegasus this weekend. Usually fly BA so know what to do with this airline.

1. Can we take food with us for flight from home. Obviously need to buy drinks after Customs. etc?

2. Check in at least two hours before flight to Ercan?

3. Home bound ( Ercan to Stansted ) is it correct you have to book in 3 hours before flight.

4. Baggage allowance?

5. Can we book in on -line before travel?

Any help / information would be appreciated from all those who have travelled before with Pegasus.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jennie

negativenick

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

1. No - they sell (overpriced !) food and drink on board.

2. Yes

3. no 2 hours.

4. 20 KG, but check your tickets.

5. Don't know sorry...

Nick

millzer

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Jen,

We are flying with Pegasus this weekend too. Our baggage allowance is 25KG, although I believe it changes to 20 KG later in the year.

We flew with them in July and some people were eating food they had brought onto the plane with them with no problems. We will do that this time too, will buy some stuff to eat & drink on the other side once through security.

teatime

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

1. Can't see a problem with that.

2. Correct.

3. Desk don't usually open until two hours before flight.

4. We have 25k in two weeks time, changed to 20k for next years flights though.

5. No, not this end, not sure about the return journey, never tried it.

We have flown with Pegasus many times and must say they have been very good.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Hi JenAnd,

1. Can we take food with us for flight from home. Obviously need to buy drinks after Customs. etc?

- Food be careful from the UK I suggset buy it after secutiry (in case they worry about any pastes or fillings) likewise drink from Ercan so far never been questioned on either so clear the fridge

2. Check in at least two hours before flight to Ercan?

- At flightholiday we say 2.5 to 3 hours (just in case)

3. Home bound ( Ercan to Stansted ) is it correct you have to book in 3 hours before flight.

- We say 2 hours is enough

4. Baggage allowance?

- Depending on who sold you the flight but standard free at present is 25 Kg in the hold (it will change soon)

5. Can we book in on -line before travel

- I do not believe so for international as they have to confirm your travel documents (ie log your passport etc)

ToShakeYrLa2

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Jen, we've done this route half a dozen times in the last year,

1. Can we take food?

Yes get water after customs. Sandwiches etc we make up the night before as usually an early start for us to get to Stansted. Personally never had a problem or been questioned. If you are parking at Stansted allow plenty of time to get from the long stay to the terminal on the bus, at least 20 mins. Lots of shops at Stansted but we get on the train shuttle to the departure area and have our first sandwiches. Not much at departure lounges, some loos and small cafe but loads of seating.

Pegasus in flight price list is in euros!

2.Yes.

3. Home bound book in 3 hours before flight?

Never have, flight is too early! 2 hours is plenty. You have to get your luggage x-rayed BEFORE you can get 'into' the airport to queue for check in. Sometimes queue can be longer to get through passport control if you are unlucky. Not much food in Ercan + expensive, take your own and liquids no prob.

ToShakeYrLa2

Message Posted:
21/09/2009 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

cont..

4. Check your ticket, this is your contract. Cheers...

JenAnd

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

We knew this board would not let me down. Great information & Thank You all so much for your replies.

Live near Heathrow, so easier to get to then Stansted. Have not flown into N. Cyprus for 6 years The on-line ticket reservation (which we booked early December 2008) does not have baggage allowance stated.!!! I presume the Electronic Ticket is all I need plus Passports ? Any other gems of info that we should be aware of?

Jennie

millzer

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Jen,

We travelled Pegasus for the first time last July and was impressed, very nice plane, attentive staff. As has been said, food has to be paid for but most airline food is rubbish anyway so we just bought some in duty free side to take on the plane.

Don't worry it's still 25KG at the moment.

Yes you just need e ticket and passports and in fact last time they didn't even ask for the e ticket just the passports as they will already have you on their system for that flight but always best to have e tickets anyway just in case of a problem.

Pegasus check in counter is at the front far left of the building as you face the building (unless they've moved since July lol!!) so just go into the furthest left entrance and keep going left to the end. Away from the hustle & bustle of Ryanair etc so nice and quiet..... well it was last time.

niftyduo

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Boots on the airside at Stansted do a meal deal, a pack of sandwiches, a sweet and a drink for a very reasonable price. There is a good choice too and it is barely worth the trouble of carrying your own from home.

irishvixen

Message Posted:
22/09/2009 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Jenand

We fly from Belfast to Stansted stay overnight and then flight next day with Pegasus to Ercan.

Boots do the best deal with sandwiches etc.

Watch out for the Pegasus staff who check your handluggage is within the 8kgs if not you will have to put in hold at an extra £8 per kg.

I hope Pegasus will consider flying from Belfast to Istanbul in the future as we have no direct flights to Istanbul that would save us a lot of hassle.

Yvette

ToShakeYrLa2

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 02:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

No trouble to me I don't make 'em. Alright call me mean, but first time we went, family of four, we all had a (very nice) cooked breakfast at Stansted about £7.50 each plus a drink, total £40. Then we bought a sandwich each, crisps etc another £15.

Said I would never do it again. Now we take 2 lots of sandwiches etc eating first at the departure area (its taken us by then 3 hours drive to get to this point and the second lot when we land at Istanbul, fills the time.

And I'm ahead by the price of

a significant number of bottles of Efes

an evening meal for all of us at a favourite haunt

first shopping trip to the Lemar

or a weeks electricity for the aircon

I must go now and turn some lights off somewhere, hang up the used teabags to dry, make some toothpaste 'sweets' for the kids...

flightholiday

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Msg 12 As I said way back in Msg 5 Clear the fridge (I meant make sandwiches or whatever from the left overs) before travelling to the UK.

I wish I was as disciplined as you leave the second sandwich to touchdown!

millzer

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Well I wish we could take some homemade sandwiches, the trouble is they would prob cost me a fortune because as we always seem to travel right on the limit the sandwiches would prob tip us over the edge and we'd end up paying excess baggage on them I've lose count of how many times I've said to my wife that next time we r travelling light!! It just never seems to happen as no sooner i'm back in the UK i'm accumulating stuff to take over again!!

Btw, can someone (Tom) confirm, is it DEFINATELY 8 KG in hand luggage from Stansted???

flightholiday

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Millzer - if you are so tight (on your weight allowance).

You could try to wrap the sandwiches in cling film and put them in your jacket pockets they should go through the Xray fine (not foil or a metalic film). This is not "gospel".

Each airline has different rules on the hand baggage - please let me know who you are travelling with.

millzer

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Good idea Tom, why didn't I think of that! We are flying Pegasus this coming saturday flight H9502 from Stansted.

JenAnd

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Millzer

Had to laugh, sounds very familiar. Every time we go, my husband always states next time out, we will just take hand luggage, walk on, walk off, no hanging about for luggage. BUT while we are there, we start list of what we need to bring next time.....................and it goes on...........if he could take paint, well thats another story !!

Again, Thanks for all your help. Was not looking forward to this flight at all, but now feeling more confident now.

Jennie

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

We take sandwiches and a flask of coffee, (him with me doesn't like airport coffee). I have them in a seperate bag from the hand luggage and eat and drink once we have checked in, I empty the flask and take it for our return journey, never had any problems. At Ercan coming back to UK I put it through full and it wasn't questioned also had two bottles of water.

Another point, I have two replacement knees and always set the buzzer off, at Manchester I was frisked from top to toes twice, I showed the 'feeler' the scars but it didn't stop her, the way it was done really upset me, I am 71 years old am I going to plant a bomb?

At Ercan I just said I had two replacement knees and was told to go through.

millzer

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Jen, yep same as us, start a list as soon as we get there, and yes, I've thought of paint too, but not had any room yet..... maybe next time All my clothes already there so I don't bring any but still always up to limit. Mrs Millzer insistent she has to bring clothes each time as she can't leave any there! Becomes like a military operation, me standing on digital scales - suitcase on head working out weights, god only knows what the neighbours must think. In fact, we even have a name for it, 'mission impossible' (to get everything in), started with mission impossible 1, now on about MI-18 or something!!!

millzer

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Anyway, Pegasus, Stansted, Saturday, hand luggage, 8KG, Yes or No?

flightholiday

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Millser - Sorry Just seen this - Pegasus 8Kg Hand luggae at this time

millzer

Message Posted:
23/09/2009 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Thanks for the advice Tom, as always.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.