North Cyprus Tourist Board - Manchester to Ercan through Thomas Cook
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Manchester to Ercan through Thomas Cook

Manchester to Ercan through Thomas Cook

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

hattikins

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

I have just booked flights Manchester to Ercan with Turkish Airlines through Thomas Cook, June 2nd - 20th, £236 each including taxes. We used them in February and got good prices then, you do have to change planes at Istanbul but on most flights it,s only an hour there which is about the same length of time you have to sit on the plane with CTA. The service on all of the flights was excellent and really does put CTA to shame. If you can be flexible with travel dates you have a good choice of flights as the fly every day from Manchester.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hattkins

Did you do it through the web or Thomas Cook shops?

MC

Barrovian1

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hattikins

Me and the wife have used Turkish Ailines on the last 3 occasions that we have travelled from Manchester to Ercan. Agreed we have had good prices , compatable with yours, but the downside is that one time we had a 6 hour wait in Istanbul - Manchester. Every other time we have had a 4 hour wait.

This is booking well in advance as well. We are going over next month, but this time we are going Cyprus Airways, Manchester-Larnaca.

Bob.

hattikins

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi MC,

I booked through the website, as I said if you can be flexible with your dates you can get a good deal. I originally tried to book for two weeks only but that was about £200 more than the price for 18 days.

Hi Bob,

Yes some of the flights have a long wait at Istanbul but again if you can be flexible you can avoid that, Sunday flights tend to have the four hour wait but most others are just the hour.

Hattikins.

Felicity

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi everyone.

We have been flying to NC for years, and this last year we have used Turkish Arlines.

Depending on when you travel (what day) it can be a short stop-over from Manchester to Istanbul (ie) about an hour and a quater, up to several hours.

I think the Airline is fantastic, better leg room, free drinks, a film to watch, and you don't have to pay for the ear phones. The stop-over in Istanbul, allows you a much needed 'comfort break' - the hubby has a ciggie, and get my beloved Costa Coffee ....bliss!

The flexibility of the 'whatever day' to fly to and from Manchester makes it really easy to book.

We even cancelled one set of flights and rescheduled and we only had to pay a £10 per person charge.

we always book through http://www.ebookers.com. They are really good to use.

Regards

Fliss ...

batterboy58

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Do you have to check baggage in twice or is it automatically changed to the next plane.

John

hattikins

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hi John

Luggage is booked in just once and automatically transferred to the next plane

Hattikins

angel121

Message Posted:
04/05/2008 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi There

We travel to ercan alot from manchester and if you have a credit card you can go on kthy.net the flights are really cheap and only touch down in either dalaman or antalya for 1hr the only down side is no films to eatch pretty basic but better than travelling all day.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.