North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish Airlines-Can you miss a changeover at Istanbul
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish Airlines-Can you miss a changeover at Istanbul

Turkish Airlines-Can you miss a changeover at Istanbul

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Just wondered.

Travelling Turkish Airlines Manchester to Ercan on 10th October and I was just wondering if anybody out there knows what happens if:-

The flight is due in to Istanbul at 17:20 and the changeover flight to Ercan is due out at 18:20. Last Saturday I noticed that the Man-Ist flight was an hour late taking off which, in theory, means it misses the changeover.

What happens? Does anybody know?

I know some people have stated previously that they don't change planes but I do have 2 different flight numbers.

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

The heathrow flight is much the same, only an hour to make the connection. My husband uses this flight all the time and even with a 40 minute delay they have made up the time. They know in advance who is on connecting flights and generally (if it isn't too long) they wait.

It's hit and miss with the luggage though, only once has it had to be picked up the next day. He just takes hand luggage now to be on the safe side.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Just checking the facts with our Turkish Airlines consolidator as they can change.

Tom

IAH Ltd

hattikins

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Yes you can miss the changeover, it happened to us when we moved over here in May. The flight from Manchester was an hour late and we missed the connecting flight, we had to wait until 10pm ish for the flight to Ercan but staff at Istanbul were very helpful.

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Many thanks

airbag

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

It happened to us for the first time this year, when we had our five offspring in tow, The flight was late leaving Birmingham and there was a queue at security just before the gate, mad crush, couldnt get through, waved the last bus goodbye as it moved off toward the plane. Then followed a hideous four hour wait in the small departure area playing I spy! Oh and they didnt manage to put any of our luggage on either flight, had to go back for it the next morning before the kids woke up and realised they would be skinny dipping!

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

If you miss your connection and your connection isn't running late too, you are put onto the 10pm flight to Ercan. If that is fully booked then they transfer you onto KTHY or Atlasjet at their expense, who have departures before and after the Turkish Airlines flights.

Don't assume your luggage will follow. It could be the next days flight before you get it.

Oilman

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Same as message 2 I have done this flight many times over the years and not missed a connection. That isn't to say that it isn't possible of course but I woukld think it a rare occurence.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Following Msg 3 sorry for the delay - got involved with a Turkey and Egypt trip (hopefully lucrative).

I asked the following questions:

1] If the aircraft inbound is delayed are they likely to hold the ongoing flight back for a short while? i.e. MAN IST ECN

2] If the client misses the transit flight will they put them on the next one?

3] If the next flight is next day and it is the airlines fault do they provide hotel & transfer?

4] If customers fault they have missed the onward flight I assume they have to pay for any accommodation etc and if the price is low maybe their flights too?

According to our flights consolidator for Turkish Airlines Answers on questions 1-4 were yes

Not good for you on question 4.

Question 5 to follow. NB these types of answers could change within a few hours if the airlne chose to do so.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
28/09/2009 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Flights 2009 / 2010 has question 5 above and it's answer. It was not relvant to the question msg 1.

norma jean

Message Posted:
29/09/2009 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

We have friends who have used turkish Airlines twice. Flights from Stansted. Missed connecting flights both times as flights were late and had to be put up in hotel, no luggage, no meals or drinks provided.

Early flight next morning, four o'clock call, although not got to hotel till midnight the night before.

Very exhausting, will not be flying with them again

finchy

Message Posted:
29/09/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

My daughter came from Stansted to Ercan in August. I think it was expected to be an hour between flights at Istanbul.

Flight from Stansted was delayed by 1 1/2 hours, she arrived in Istanbul late evening were she was told 'flight to Ercan gone' and that was it, not helpfull at all. The next flight was the day after, so after a few hours in the airport TA decided to take her to a hotel. I think that this was only because some TCs on the flight were going mad. She was given some pasta but told if she wanted any water she would have to pay for it from the mini bar.

She arrived next morning with the wheels smashed off her suitcase.

I wouldn't want to book with TA, they are almost as bad as KTHY but what do you do unless you can get a direct flight. My next 3 flights are now all to Larnaca

Brinsley

Message Posted:
29/09/2009 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

It is an enigma that some airlines spend huge amounts of money advertising on CNN & BBC World (TA being one) and seem not to get the basics right. I fly Korean Air next year and hope their 'Excellence in Flight' advert campaign will live up to expectation!

Richard

niftyduo

Message Posted:
29/09/2009 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

happened to us last Sunday but we were put on the later flight, 10ish and given lounge facilities. There was plenty to eat and drink as in any VIP lounge so it past the time nicely.

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
29/09/2009 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

This is very unusual for Turkish Airlines, we have used them for the last 6 years, my husband uses them every single month, and we have had nothing but good service.

Their Ist-Heathrow route is now with wide bodied jets, very comfortable, good food and entertainment, and very highly rated by Skytrax.

They can very easily hold their heads up with the like of Emirates, Singapore, and B.A. (all of which we thought were disappointing).

Shaky

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 01:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Seems strange in all my travels and those of the people I knoe its Istanbul arrivals off Ercan departures on and away you go about 50 Minutes and your on your way to the Central Plain.

Now then

Shaky

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 01:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Seems strange in all my travels and those of the people I knoe its Istanbul arrivals off Ercan departures on and away you go about 50 Minutes and your on your way to the Central Plain.

Now then

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.