North Cyprus Tourist Board - Driving from lapta to larnaca airport and back
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Driving from lapta to larnaca airport and back

Driving from lapta to larnaca airport and back

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Lapta town

» North Cyprus Map

jinyx

Message Posted:
29/09/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I have to pick up some family from larnaca airport on thurs, 1am. Thought we would do a trial run and was ok until past the first big roundabout at Lefkosa and then got totally lost. With no map or sat.nav., and no signs to guide us, after 90mins, we gave up and could'nt even find the border crossing!. I can only find directions for the reverse journey posted on here which, are advised to be read in reverse for going the other way, "not that simple". So could anyone guide me please?, or should I give up and get them a taxi. thanks

newscoop

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

OK it's fairly simple;

"1st big roundabout" turn right. At traffic lights turn left. keep going over the millions of speed bumps to the next roundabout with a huge statue of Ataturk, turn right. At traffic lights on roundabout go straight on. You are now at Metehan crossing. Go through Turkish side and then through Greek, (make sure you have Greek mot and insurance) at end of the road turn right and right again. Stay on this road until you reach T junction, turn right. follow this road crossing one roundabout and numerous lights until you come to a large orthodox church, turn left. Stay on this road rossing various roundabouts and lights always going straight on until you come to a huge roundabout where you will see a flyover, turn right. You are now on the motorway to Limassol/Larnaca. After a dozen ish miles the road forks, take the left fork which is clearly signposted for Larnaca. After that follow the signs. Journey time from the border at that time of night 35-40 minutes.

newscoop

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

By the way; there are plenty of signs from the "big roundabout" and indeed the whole route.

jinyx

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Newscoop, your a bloody star! thanks a lot for your help. ironic is'nt it, I can get here, without a wrong turn, all the way from chester, but can't find my way a few miles down the road. douh!

wanderer

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Newscoop why do you need greek mot and insurance if you are driving on a UK plated car uk insurance & mot?

not being awkward just why are they needed

newscoop

Message Posted:
01/10/2009 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Good question; in that instance you probably don't but best to check.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.