North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anybody out there with a unit on Sunrise Beach Club?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anybody out there with a unit on Sunrise Beach Club?

Anybody out there with a unit on Sunrise Beach Club?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

Gulfmediaman

Message Posted:
14/10/2009 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

We are interested in an apartment on Sunrise Beach Club and would be interested to hear any comments from anybody with a property there. Is the compound well kept, is it noisy or quiet, do owners predominently hire out their units to holidaymakers or do owners spend reasonable time there themselves? Are there any known concerns.

How do you find travel from the UK?

Is it feasible to fly to Istanbul then pick up a domestic flight to Ercan? Currently flights to Ercan from Manchester or Liverpool are coming up at £1600 but only £287 to Istanbul which looks more reasonable.

We are very familiar with south Cyprus and have driven all over the North including the full length of the Karpass and to Famagusta but always through the border at Nicosia. Is it practical to route to Larnaca and then to Bogaz through the Dkehlia border crossing and if so which is the better option, taxi or hire car?

the butler

Message Posted:
14/10/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Ian,

Although I don't own a property at Sunrise Beach Club, I do own a property on another Medview site. I think you will find that some owners rent their properties out and some keep them for their personal use. I have heard that some of the unsold properties are going to be offered as part of a health spa vacation. The site is very well cared for and is Medviews flagship site. It has a snack bar and a gym on site. The site is managed by Medview management services and the fees are quite high in comparison to other sites but you get what you pay for. I hope this helps you make up your mind.

The butlers wife

the butler

Message Posted:
14/10/2009 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Ian,

I forgot to mention about the flights. I am sure that Turkish airlines fly to Ercan from Manchester and also Cyprus Turkish airlines. They are nowhere near £1600 a ticket but you can check out tickets to Istanbul and get a domestic flight to Ercan, just be careful that they go in and out of the same airport.

The butlers wife

Oleander

Message Posted:
14/10/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

And just be careful to find out exactly what the management/common charges are there. They are sky high on Hilltop.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
14/10/2009 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Quite a few for sale , be careful what price you pay quite a range of prices.

Gulfmediaman

Message Posted:
14/10/2009 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

'And just be careful to find out exactly what the management/common charges are there. They are sky high on Hilltop.'

Quoted £1000 pa

High compared to southern Cyprus but we have no knowledge of nth Cyprus levels.

ClareW

Message Posted:
15/10/2009 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Ian,

We have a 2 bed 2 bath ground floor apartment for sale on SBC. It is a spacious size property at just under 89m sq living area. The sale price is £55,000 which includes all white goods (silver colour appliances) and air con throughout.

SBC is a beautiful development which is well maintained and has 3 pools and lovely gardens. There is also a small gym and a clubroom/library for Owners' private use. A spa/healthsuite is under development too. The cafe bar/restaurant is a popular meeting place which serves excellent food.

We are selling our apartment because we have recently finished building our house but we continue to visit the many friends at SBC when they come back here on holidays.

The resort is busier during school holidays as you would expect but we lived there full time and had no problems.

You are correct re the level of annual managment charges but this includes insurance, gardening, cleaning and pool maintenance.

Regards

Clare and Tom

ClareW

Message Posted:
15/10/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Ian

Re travel options, we fly to Ercan from Manchester using CTA. The prices vary during peak times but we pay around £300 each usually. Pegasus fly from Stanstead to Ercan and have exellent offers (£89 return per person right now !). Turkish Airlines have a good reputation but prices tend to be high. Be careful of very long waits in Turkey with them. CTA and Pegasus stay on the ground for max 1 hour and no change of plane. Many friends fly to Larnaca so check websites for low flight deals. We've had good reports re Eurocypria for good price and service very recently.

For this area you would cross the border at Dhekelia as you say. No problems there and much quicker than Metehan at Nicosia. You could hire a car from the South and cross over but the insurance will only be third party while you are in the North so we wouldn't take the risk. Much better to use a TC hire car firm who will arrange a taxi pick up and deliver your car to your door fully insured.

Clare and Tom

Gulfmediaman

Message Posted:
15/10/2009 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Clare W: Thanks for your email. I answered it before checking this site. Ian

finoday

Message Posted:
17/10/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Ian,

We bought at Sunrise (SBC) after looking at lots of developments in both N & S: the apartments are big, well built, and well equiped.

The complex is well laid out and maintenance levels have improved over the years: yes, the fees are high, but there are signs that the management company is being more realistic as fees were not increased this year. The staff on site are delightful people who are extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

A few owners rent, but most are like us and use their apartment as a second home, and don't want strangers using it: as a result the complex is normally quiet and relaxing (can't comment on July/August). We go there about 4 times a year, and have made many friends. It just feels good to be there.

Flight costs are reasonable - we have just booked to go in November from Manchester to Larnaca for £129 return:in June and September we pay around £225. Flights to Ercan tend to be more expensive.

I hope this helps

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
17/10/2009 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Keep your eye on Cyprus Turkish Airways this month. They usually have a great sale on from Manchester at the end of October. August flights for 4 came out at £750 last year.

As for SBC, its a matter of taste. Its looked after and in a nice place. We are nearby and prefer Hilltop but it is a matter of your own personal preferance.

the butler

Message Posted:
17/10/2009 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Ian,

Have you looked on the other side of the island? I have seen all the Medview sites and I think the other side of the island is much prettier and greener. The site at Esentepe is particularly good, well laid out same build quality and it is not managed by Medview management but by the owners choice of management company.

The butlers wife

alanka

Message Posted:
17/10/2009 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

I own on Sunrise. I have no complaints about the complex really. My maintenance charges are £1,700 a year though - £1000 sounds a bargain to me!

My concerns are that we can never get a detailed breakdown of who pays what charges - I do suspect that some people pay a lot more than others (for the same service)??

We have rented in the past, but now prefer to keep it for ourselves. It's a home-from-home for us.

The site provides its own water - although we pay a bit more for it than we would from the water company....

Staff are v nice, there is a small cafe/bar/restaurant (there used to be a larger better one).

It's not 100% perfect (what is?) but it's finished, up and working.

We like to visit around Spring and early Autumn - is quiet which suits us.

Claire - if you had an offer for your apartment last week (via Busy Bees?), I know the people, and they are v serious about buying, just wanted to think about it a bit more - hope it's a successful transaction.

ClareW

Message Posted:
24/10/2009 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Alanka,

We didn't get an offer for our apartment last week from the people you are talking about so I'm not sure who you are thinking about but if you do know someone who might be interested please ask hem to get in touch as we have just been let down at the 11th hour and we're really gutted.

Thanks for your help.

Clare and Tom

eboy665

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

hi we own on srbc , we love the place and have made so many nice friends . was worried because we have 2 boys and thought they would be bored but the resort is getting busier by the year .apartments are very spacious and well built , nice setting and very relaxing. we travel to larnaca via easy jet as the flights are cheap. we paid 185 last 6 weeks hol. transfers are around 80 pounds. and we cross the border at pilar . the complex is quiet well kept and some owners rent and some dont. the fees for 2 bed apartments are around 100 per month . hope this helps , if you do buy look forward to meeting you regards eboy

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.