North Cyprus Tourist Board - Letter to the Ministry of Interior
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Letter to the Ministry of Interior

Letter to the Ministry of Interior

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

elko2

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

I wrote and sent a letter to the ministry. Here is a translation of it in English:

Ministry of the Interior,

Nicosia

Subject: Amendment of the law for Clubs and Associations

Dear Sir,

As you are aware the law passed by the Turkish Communal Chamber in the year 1961 as the law no. 6/1961 regulated the membership of the people belonging to the Turkish Community as to clubs and associations. Indeed the Turkish Communal Chamber had powers to make laws in respect of the Turkish Community only. Therefore the general law Chapter 112 regulating the membership of clubs and associations remained in force. Chapter 112 was rescinded by law no. 45/2001 in the year 2001 and thus removed any possibility of foreigners joining any clubs or associations from that date onwards.

I have been informed by the District Office of Famagusta that a new law for clubs and associations is in preparation. I had the opportunity to look at the draft law in the possession of the District Officer. As far as

elko2

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

I understood it, the foreigners who do have residence permits in TRNC will be allowed to join such clubs and associations. However those foreigners who bought property in TRNC but do not live here permanently and hence not in the possession of a residence permit will not be able to join say a golf club or a residents association of a particular site wholly for social purposes or otherwise. Therefore some changes will have to be made to the proposed new law in order to allow such foreigners to be able to join such clubs and associations. Therefore I would like to ask you to consider the necessary changes to accommodate this situation.

Yours faithfully

Ismet Ustuner

newscoop

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Nice one Ismet; only today some of us were questioning how it is that we golf club members had to join the KKTC golf federation whether we wanted to or not. I quoted your previous posts and no-one had ant idea what I was talking about. (TC'S and Brits)

elko2

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Here is the original text if they wish to use it:

İçişleri Bakanlığı,

Lefkoşa

22 Ekim 2009

Konu: Dernekler Değişiklik Yasa Tasarısı hk.

Efendim,

Bilindiği üzere 1961 yılında Türk Cemaat Meclisinin geçirmiş olduğu 6/1961 nolu yasa ile münhasıran Türk Toplumuna mensup kişilerin derneklere üyeliklerini düzenlemiştir. Zaten Türk Cemaat Meclisi sadece Türk Toplumu ile ilgili yasa yapmaya yetkisi vardı. Bu nedenle genel olarak derneklerle ilgili yasa olan Fasıl 112 yürürlükte kalmıştı. Ancak Fasıl 112, 2001 yılında 45/2001 sayılı yasa ile yürürlükten kaldırılmış ve dolayısıyla KKTC’de yaşayan veya KKTC ile ilgisi olan yabancıların herhangi bir derneğe yasal olarak üye olma imkanı ortadan kaldırılmıştır.

Mağusa Kaymakamlığından edindiğim

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Well done Ismet. If anyone can do it - you can.

elko2

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

bilgiye göre yeni bir Dernekler Yasa Tasarısı üzerinde halen çalışılmaktadır. Kaymakamlığın elinde bulunan Yasa Tasarısına bir göz atma fırsatı bulabildim. Anladığım kadariyle KKTC’de ikamet izni olan yabancılar da derneklere üye olabileceklerdir. Ancak KKTC’den emlak satın alıp da sürekli Kıbrıs’a gelip giden fakat ikamet izni olmayan yabancılar, Golf Kulübü veya belli bir sitede emlak sahibi olanlara ait özel derneklere üye olmak isteyenler olacaktır. Dolayısıyla bu gibi yabancıların da bu gibi sosyal amaçlı derneklere yasal olarak üye olmalarını sağlayabilmek için bazı düzenlemelere ihtiyaç olduğu kanısındayım. Bu nedenle bu açıdan da gerekli çalışmanın yapılmasını rica ediyorum.

Saygılarımla,

İsmet Üstüner

Brinsley

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Ismet

Was this the same 'Interior Minister' that took me aside after the UBP party meeting last Friday having posed the question 'why expatriates cannot vote' and told me 'we' could under the constitution and on replying 'which one, the 1960 one?' turned his back and walked away? If so, the man is not fit for purpose nor office!

Richard

elko2

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Richard,

What did you do to the poor man to make him walk away. Naughty naughty

ismet

Lilli

Message Posted:
22/10/2009 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

All I can Ismet can. say if anyone can get on the case our Ismet can. Well done lets get proactive xxx

Brinsley

Message Posted:
23/10/2009

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Ismet

You know he could not answer me! I had a bilingual USA/Turk as witness to my question and the thereafter reaction. Where were you having posted this meeting to all and sundry?!

Richard

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.