North Cyprus Tourist Board - Which member said to go the girls in the driving School re Residency
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Which member said to go the girls in the driving School re Residency

Which member said to go the girls in the driving School re Residency

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

I just went into the Driving School as stated on here but did not find any girls to ask, there was a woman behind the counter but no English, she called her Manager in

He understood what I meant that I had been to the police station on the 5th and did the first part, and now 4 weeks later I needed someone to go to Lefkosa Immigration office to get my Passport stamped.

(with me so far) he knew that the fee was 175ytl plus stamps plus 60ytl for whoever goes and collects it.I paid that.

Then he said I will ring when its back then you have to give the person around £30 for what ?????

I dont understand as many people have stated on here that they charge 60ytl to do it for you, has anyone been asked for £30 plus more ?????????????

From a very puzzled Sheila

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

I just found the other posting about the girls in the driving school it was from

Nostrdams he quoted as only paying the fee+stamps plus 60ytl why are they saying I will have to pay more when I collect it off them

sheila

shel56

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Why are you paying someone to do your residency for you when it is so simple to do it yourself. I did mine with no problems at all. You are paying money to someone for nothing really................

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Shel56

I have done it every year but this time I have had a few problems and also been in to have a Hernia opp so after doing the first part at Girne Police Station, I thought for 60ytl I could get the girls to do the Immigration part. But they not only want the 60ytl which I paid the guy said I would have to pay around £30 when I collect my Passport on Friday

loulou

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

i think that re driving school was for driving lic

Arek Naw

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Sheila,

I suspect there is some misunderstanding here. There are two girls, Ergunes' daughters who both speak English very well. There is another woman there who does not speak English and it seems that is who you spoke to. When I renewed a short time ago, I paid for each of two persons, TL175 + stamps TL6. On top of that their fee for doing it was TL100 for both, ie. 50 each. I was even given a green receipt for handing over the cash! I have used them on a number of previous occasions without a problem.

Shel56 - if you are happy to queue up for hours in Lefkosa, that's your choice. I would rather pay and avoid it.

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Arek Naw

The girls were not there and when I saw just the woman who doesnt speak English she then called someone else, thats the guy who took my money 175ytl+stamps+60ytl but then he said I would have to pay around £30 when I collect, but he didnt give me a receipt

Now I am worried more money and no receipt

sheila

Arek Naw

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Sheila,

If it helps, the mobile number of the young lady I dealt with, who speaks English well, is 0533 8814792

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Arek Naw

I have just spoken with the girl, she said there is two offices and I went in the wrong one, but that the guy should have called her and she would have gone through it with me, but she is going to ring me back as she said he should have given me a receipt and that there is nothing more to be paid, probably a little bit in his pocket.

Thanks a millions for the help.

Sheila

kazbo

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

I did my residency 5 1/2 weeks ago in Girne. I got to Lefkos at 6.45 this morning and was the 12th person to put my name on the list. While standing at the canteen door a lady from the office next door asked if I wanted to check to see if all the paperwork had been sent from Girne Police Station. I am glad she did as the paper work had not been sent through yet, she also checked on a few more english people and their paperwork also had not been sent. She told me to try again in 3 weeks as they are very busy. So people who are going for their recidency and are told 3 weeks, I suggest you add another couple of weeks on to that then you dont have a wasted journey.

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Arek Naw

I have just run back to the driving school and in facti I had given it to the wrong one, and the guy wasnt there, when they rung him he said well I am doing it and you will get it back Friday, I demanded my Passport back and money as he doesnt do permits etc. went into see the girls and they said he should never have taken your money or passport, so now have to wait until he brings it back and with no receipt I am worried big time

nostradamus

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

The Ergunes office is the first on the left as you turn into the police station road. Confirm that it is 60TL for one and 100 for two. Everybody's choice whether they pay for this or go to Lefkosa themselves. Personally, I have better things to do with my time than spending hours in some stupid government office, never mind the petrol! I have always found the girls to be very efficient - passport back same day or following day at the latest.

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

We have done the residency palaver ourselves for the last 4 years, including doing the state hospital medical tests and queuing for hours at the old immigration office next to the bus station. We started the process, again, this year by doing all the paperwork at the Police Station fully intending to go to Lefkosa to collect our stamps. However, after reading the postings here about having to get to the office at some god awful time in the morning, scrambling for tickets and possible being there all day we just couldn't face it. Last year we did 3 trips from Esentepe and now we have a puppy we don't want to leave him at home with no idea how long we will be away. After a recommendation on this board, we went to Ergunes and handed over our passports and money. We got a call less than 24 hours later to say that our passports were back. All in all, it probably cost no more than it cost us last year in fuel and it was completely stress free. We will do the same next year.

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

I knew it was the driving school but as I came from the top end of the road past the Police Station and went into the wrong Driving School the first one I came to, now I am waiting for the guy who took my passport to give it to me back,plus my money, god help him tomorrow, then I can go to the girls and let them complete it.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

smithy dont sell my sunbed still trying to get a lift for it x richard

smithy

Message Posted:
28/10/2009 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Still here racoonchic waiting for you

smithy

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Panic over went to the other Driving School today and got back my Passport/money etc

Now tomorrow I can go to the right place and get the last part of my Residency done

Many thanks for all the e mail, and what nice girls in the other driving school, will surely let everyone know about them.

Sheila

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.