North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pure bred Alsation - home wanted urgently
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pure bred Alsation - home wanted urgently

Pure bred Alsation - home wanted urgently

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Five days ago, a beautiful Alsation bitch wandered onto our property. It rather looks as though she has been deliberately abandoned, although we can't imagine why, because although malnourished she was otherwise in good condition and had a collar. We have fed her, bathed her, brushed and 'Fontlined' her, and now she won't leave my wife's side and is very protective, staying close to my wife if anyone comes to the house. She has a very docile nature and doesn't bark - likes to sit with her head in your hand. Our friends, who are very 'canine knowledgeable', came to appraise her and told us that she is no more than five years old and is, indeed, pure-bred.

We are not 'doggy' people, anyway, and because we travel away for family reasons, we simply can't keep her.

I telephoned the 'Abandoned Animal Hotline', to see if they could take her, but Kim told me that they can't, as they're full-up. The most she can do is add this dog to their register. Should a British person wish t

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Continued from Msg 1:

Should a deserving British person wish to take on this beautiful, loving and faithful animal, please telephone Roy on:

0533 8772243

0542 8890274

0392 8150394

craig2536

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

why not try calling the local vets, maybe they will recognise the dog, worth a chance.

jfoggy

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

What a good idea Craig, certainly worth a chance. Hope her owners or a new home can be found for her very soon.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Which vet, and how do we know this dog is local (Girne, Lapta, Ozankoy, etc)?

Apart from the 'Buzz Book', how can we get a list of vets for all of TRNC?

Is it likely that an owner who has maltreated their dog, which has either run away, or been driven from goodness knows where (Lefkosa, Gazi Magusa, Guzelyurt?) and dumped, would admit to owning her?

Thanks for the suggestion - we'll try to follow it up.

In the meantime, please rest assured that she is receiving the best of treatment - now, all she wants to do is guard US!

Hector

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

I will vouch that German Shepherds make great guard dogs. They are extremely loyal and make great pets. They are also very intelligent hence finding you, she knew a good home when she saw it!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

It could be that this Alsatian has been British owned. Tonight, we were stroking her and happened to say:

'Give me your paw!' Whether, or not, a *coincidence, she immediately offered up her paw. Thinking *that, we said it again, and again she obliged. How we wish she could tell us what tragic circumstances brought her to us....

Thanks, Hector, for your kind observations!

keithcaley

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Tenakoutou,

There are a couple of vets in the Lapta / Alsancak area, Pertev and Firdez in Girne, and Sibel in Karakum - they usually have pictures of lost animals, or are aware of owners who have lost pets.

If you have a picture of the dog, why not post a 'link' to the picture on the Forum?

If you don't know how to do that, email any pictures to me at keithcaley@yahoo.com.

If you don't know how to do that give me a ring on 0533 830 1835.

I'm quite happy to print pictures and drop 'em off at Vets in my travels... (and I'm sure that others will do the same)

It's also worthwhile sticking a picture up at the various supermarkets - it only takes a neighbour or a friend to spot it

Best regards,

Keith

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks so much, Keith - much appreciated. We want to give her some TLC first - we always try to do that with strays; cats or dogs.

To be honest, we really don't wish this poor dog to be reunited with her owner and condemn her back to a life of further maltreatment, misery and suffering.

If I were ever to come face to face with her previous owner, I 'might prove hazardous to their health'!

Oleander

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

There's been quite a few Brits posting on forums recently begging for people to take their pets because they are returning to the UK and 'cannot' take them with them.

I cannot help wondering what happens to those pets if they don't manage to find them a new home before they leave?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
03/11/2009 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Don't wonder! We personally knew one couple who upped and left for good, simply leaving their dog to roam the streets to fend for itself...

Lilli

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

iya Ten as you know I found a german shepard dropeed on my patio at the restaurant only 5 weeks or so ago. Broken left for dead . Responded to english. To my mind had been beaten. I have loved and cared fo it and he is a king now. My friend said she will take it as her son is so in love with him. I dont know how to post the link but it was headed A Bag Of Bones Turned Up on my doorstep tonight. He is such a beauty and I am going to hate to part with him. Anyway snday I had a lovely guy in for lunch who really wanted him but until my friend returns from UK I cant make that decision. If she still does can I give him your details please

keithcaley

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Lillie: -

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/22072.asp

Lilli

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Thank you my lovely friend Just looking at that picture has made me cry. Keith you have seen him recently does he not now look like a king. He is just so contend, filling out even though it costs me a fortune as he has got used to steak chicken etc.Mixing it now with dried food now I have bulked him out a bit. Ten stick with it we will get him a new home. You have done so much with yours also.This guy is ringing me next week as thats the breed he wants xxxxxxxxx

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 09:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks very much, Lilli - we'll wait to hear from you.

In the meantime, rest assured that this (large!) 'furry animal' is getting 5* treatment!

Denise

Message Posted:
04/11/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

it breaks my heart when i see or hear about a dog (or any animal come to that) being mis treated or thrown out to fed for it's self.

unfortunately this is being done tby English as well, i am ashamed to say. i remember visiting a restaurant some time back and there were 4 gorgeous puppies running around. i learned that English people had thrown them out after returning to the UK. i hear phrases like 'they are my babies' they are part of the family' yet when it come down to it they are just thrown out to become someone elses problem. i already have a dog that was thrown out and i'd have more if i could but don't have the room. thank goodness for people like Lillie and Tenakoutou. i have already taken in another 2 strays and was lucky to place them but the problem seems to becoming worse.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
06/11/2009 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Unfortunately, KARS are chocker with dogs and can't take another one - so, although they'll place a 'lost' dog on their register, they can do no more, other than offer advice. They told me 'waiting time' is 2 weeks - I wonder?!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.