North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sweetwater Bay Completions
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sweetwater Bay Completions

Sweetwater Bay Completions

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Sweetwater Bay North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

rocky

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 255 in Discussion

Ok the other topic was getting a little lengthy now lets share experiences as we enter the final Phase and buyers are completing, it looks like May completions will be August or is there any other news?

jakki

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 255 in Discussion

No - we've heard nothing further - but as soon as we do - we'll post it straight away.

davidoff

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Not sure about dates yet for completion- But I know that there are a few couples moving into their villas in the next couple of months.

Just received word from SWB that they have now started tiling the pools, as when I was out there they were water testing the pools for leaks etc.

They also confirmed that the small squares at intervals along the paths are for trees and they have ordered these.

Apparently the developer has confirmed he will be installing flat screen tvs in the gym and bar/restaurant aswell.

So it looks like we can watch the footie in the bar now- which is good news.

Take care-D

rocky

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 255 in Discussion

I have just an an email from Naomi's team confirming satisifactory registration of contract following the additional fee debarcle we had a couple of months so are we all a littel more secure?

rocky

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 255 in Discussion

re message 4 sorry about the typos I gust carnt spell on komputas

mint1955

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 255 in Discussion

Is this now the thread we are using? I posted on the old one yesterday and thought no one was talking

Can anyone tell me what are the buildings next to Sweetwater Bay on the left as you face the sea? There are shells of properties on the hilltop but not sure if its Seaterra something or other?

Looking forward to going out 29th June and hope that we can meet up with anyone else visiting or living on Sweetwater already.

Sheila & Phil

norths4me

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 255 in Discussion

Hi mint1955

The buildings next to Sweetwater are Turtle Bay. Hopefully work will recommence on them soon.

rocky

Message Posted:
09/05/2008 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 255 in Discussion

If you look on the internet Turtle Bay lsuggest that if they are developing in the valley a pitch & putt course I guess the area is too small for a proper golf course

mint1955

Message Posted:
12/05/2008 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 255 in Discussion

Am I right in thinking there is one couple resident already on Sweeetwater Bay? When do the next people move in? We will be out 29th June for 2 weeks and would love to meet up with others and especially SWB resident or soon to be residents.

Sheila & Phil C41

jakki

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Sheila - Dorothy and Arthur moved in some months ago January I think. We visited them when we went over in Feb. They are in B18 - from what I understand from the Forum some other people went out a couple of weeks ago and joined up. Moira and Keith have actually moved out to NC permanently - they are renting at the moment. Their villa is C38 - we are C34 and have been informed that completion will take place in or around August. Whether Moira and Keith will move in beforehand, I don't know. Once Moira is back on line I'm sure she'll tell us. We shan't go out until probably September but I might make a trip out in order to measure up for curtains etc. and order beds etc. Take care - Jackie

davidoff

Message Posted:
14/05/2008 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just spoke to SWB and all seems to be coming on great!

They have said that they will not be laying down sand on the beach- but will clean it up a bit and be installing a jetty on the beach going out into the sea instead and will create a hard standing area for sun loungers etc.

Trees and shrubs will line the main road and that the front entrance gate will be card operated (like a car park machine where you pull up and put your card in and it opens the gates for you) rather than an electric fob that they were looking into.

They are looking at what to do with the bar as they have mentioned that they have more room than they originally anticipated and are thinking about trying to create some indoor bar area there as originally the bar was only supposed to be a shutter style bar around the pool area with no indoor bar area.

They have said theyve ordered the gym equiptment, sauna and jacuzzi as well as the outdoor childrens playaraea equiptment- which is good news!

Sales have picked up this month and they said they have sold 8 more properties this month alone.

Tiling has started on the pools and the logo to go in the centre should be arriving soon.

They have said that paving around the pool will be a nice cream stone colour tiling to go with the existing stones they are using on site with intermitent terracotta ones to break it up a bit.

Just thought Id let you know the latest conversation with SWB - But dont take everything as gospel as Im only repeating what Ive been told so far.

Take care all-D

rocky

Message Posted:
15/05/2008 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 255 in Discussion

I would think it unlikely that the budget runs to palm trees!!!, anyway are you all asleep I have just come back from a business trip and no one has posted that there are new pictures on SWB site so I had to find out myself. Loby are you stargazing? Perhaps you didnt tell me coxz there isnt an updated picture of my plot thats very thoughtful

jakki

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 255 in Discussion

What's frustrating is that there are up-dated pictures on some properties. For instance B16 clearly has their pool tiled but what about ours!! Some villas have windows some not, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their building schedules.

lobylud

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 255 in Discussion

Sorry about that Rocky, but I thought I'd spotted Lord Lucan and I was over excited.

Thinking about it but didn't you tell us off once for getting excited about new site photo's?

My apartment has got a new photo but it just looks like the previous one from another angle.

Disappointing news about the sand on the beach after being informally told it would be sanded!

The beach area is O.K. at present but it would need a lot of tidying up to make it top class and special.

The hard standing area sounds dubious, I hope it doesn't mean a great slab of concrete put down on the beach. We want it to be in character and stunning.

I wonder how much it would cost to sand our beach, if it's not too much could we all club together?

Good news about a small inside bar area, some people do like to sit inside.

Keep the news and progress reports coming in.

Take care,

Loby.

rocky

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 255 in Discussion

Yes I think Lord Lucan is in NC I saw the following graffiti in Karmi

"Lord Lucan was here" the next day it was crossed out and the following was scribbled underneath "now I wasnt" it makes me suspicious

rocky

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 255 in Discussion

I think the idea of a jetty sounds great ideal for boating, fishing and as a swimming platform as long as it is substantial enough lasts and is more than 6 feet long.. The hard stand areas could be done quite tastefully even tiled rather than concreted. I think sand to cover that large area would be expensive and obviously there is no budget for that. Unless sand is kept clean its not too pleasant after a few years as humans(and morso celebrities) are very untidy and I went to Majorca lat year to what was a beatiful beach about 10 years ago now all you walk on is cigarette ends

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

They said the sand was too expensive and they would need lots also that with the sand it would need relaying anyway from time to time also.

Im sure a hard standing area will look fine as Im sure they will make an effort to keep it in line with the development aswell- whether it be concrete and stone or some kind of decking areaa like Ive seen other developments have done already.

The great thing is that even in our little bay although its mainly pebbles and stone- next doors beach where turtle bays supposed to be is a nice clear sandy beach we could use.

Another option is to take a shovel and wheel barrow next time andd steel the sand from turtle bay beach?

The new photos of the pool being tiled looks exciting!!

Take care-D

kyrenia007

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 255 in Discussion

Keep your shovels and wheel barrows off our beach at Turtle Bay Beach!!!! You are all welcome to come over for drinks though but leave our sand alone! I wish all you Sweetwater purchasers all the best in your new homes.

rocky

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 255 in Discussion

you are unlucky no beaches are private so when its dark we are bringing the JCBs

mint1955

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 255 in Discussion

Can you get from SWB Beach to TBeach easily is there a walk around the rocks?

I can't wait to go out in July and explore the whole area and also to try out all the suggested restaurants etc.

One question is there actually a exisiting village in Tatlisu or is the nearest existing village Esenteppe?

Sheila&Phil C41

rocky

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 255 in Discussion

yes there is a very old village its like the middle ages

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 255 in Discussion

Hi mint,

Yes there is a village in tatlisu up the mountain a little bit.

It has a couple of shops and a restaurant apparently.

But I discovered on my last trip that just up the road by the roundabout you can turn right and go into tatlisu itself or go left and there is a petrol station local supermarket/cafe which has eveything you need and more which is good!

It has a few tables in the supermarket and I think they serve food and drink- But Im not sure exactly what it is??

Esentepe is the next bigger village with an internet cafe, shops and restaurants.

But between us and esentepe there looks to ba some new buildings going up along the main road which will probably be either shops, cafe or restaurant etc- so well have to wait and see??

lobylud

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 255 in Discussion

Using JCB's is too obvious, we'd be spotted.

Now if you all remember that great film, The Great Escape, here's the plan.

If we load our trousers up with sand, walk over to SWB, pull the string, the sand will be on our beach, easy.

I've done some rough calculations and I reckon after about 120,000 trips we should have a very nice top layer.

If we all have a rota of seven days each, allowing for lunch breaks and one day off at Christmas it shouldn't take us too long, maybe a couple of years.

rocky

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 255 in Discussion

Loby r u saying you have lots of room in your trousers?

lobylud

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 255 in Discussion

I don't know, I'll ask jimmy,

Jimmy where's your trousers?

rocky

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 255 in Discussion

presumably thats Jimmy Carter the ex president

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Loby I like your proposals very imaginative thinking!

Do you think we could arrange a schedule to move a couple large rocks off our beach aswell and distribute the remains elswhere!

Ill bring the chisles and work christmas day if need be??

May be Ill have to dust off my extra large maternity dungarees and wellie boots for the job?

rocky

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 255 in Discussion

knowing women they wont be much help if pregnant they will want a year off any work thesedays and be paid so I guess the reference to maternity wear is a claim for respite. Dont worry Loby has big empty trousers the men can sort the beach whilst the women do the cooking and cleaning. We men think it will look nice as it is pure natural.

davidoff

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Oh dear rocky- be careful with the sexist comments they may not go down toooo well!!

As you may get lots of women chasing you round the beach with chisles and ice picks!!

lobylud

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 255 in Discussion

Davina, are you sure it's rocks you want moving off the beach and not a rocky!

jakki

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 255 in Discussion

It sounds like that we don't mind getting our hands dirty in order to make the beach look wonderful - I am pleased and proud to be around (although not yet met) people who have similar views on the environment and how we wish the development to look - no concrete slabs on the beach - wooden decking would look great though - haven't actually been down to the beach - is there any sand at all?? SWB were naughty to tell us that sand would be imported and laid - it's not that expensive is it - any volunteers to go down to B & Q!!!

rocky

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 255 in Discussion

Jacki the beach is full of big stones just like the ones In Arthurs garden if we all wheelbarrrow them up that would clear them. They are not easy to walk on and the suggestion of a jetty is an excellent idea but to make it worthwhile it would need to be a substantial construction I think, how to you get the footings in underwater where it is stony? In Italy it is common for the areas behind the beaches to be lawned which is easy to walk on and cleaner than sand.With Moira injured and Davidoff pregnant they would be very good with a wheelbarrow

davidoff

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

It would be great to have a sandy beach but it would take tons and tons of sand to make it sandy.

But not just that like rocky and n4m have said it is a stoney beach and it would all have to be cleared first before laying sand anyway and youd need skip loads to take it away.

Then youve got all the costs, manpower, labour and equiptment costs to think about.

Even if they layed a few tons of sand ontop it wouldnt make much difference its a much bigger task than people think.

As for the jetty its a good idea and not many developments will get this at all.

But we have got large sandy beaches either side of us so its not too bad as a lot of developments have rocky shores with no sand or even access into the sea properly as you have to clamber rocks to go for a dip which is really dangerous.

Take care-D

rocky

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 255 in Discussion

Hi All I sense from the two forums (or is it fora) that some are frustrated with the lack of news from Yoav or Edith. I have E Mailed Yoav again tonight requesting the SWB update us all on the completion schedule. I have volunteered to post their comments on here so watch this space on Tuesday 20th May!!!

rocky

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 255 in Discussion

Yoav has responded and promised me a reply I can post on the forums tomorrow so watch this space 21st May

jac k

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Rocky

Thanks for your help. I emailed Yoav yesterday too. In the meantime I've arranged a rental property in Tatlisu so hopefully the beach will be safe from whale-type creatures this summer....

Will check out the news tomoro xxx cheers!

Jac

rocky

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Guys nd Gals I am still waiting on a reply from Yoav (is that common???) lets give him 24 hours as I am away on business until Thursday evening.

jac k

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Rocky. Yoav's not replied to my emails either. Perhaps he's busy sticking on the cladding as we speak.....? It is strange for him not to reply 'cos in the past he has been extremely helpful & v. quick to respond. Maybe my rantings have frightened him off....? Until tomorrow.... I must have an answer by then tho' - I have managed to find an apartment in Tatlisu for the whole 6 weeks (or as much as I need) & the owner has been extremely kind & supportive during my stressful few days & I really would like to commit to him by Friday so he can organise his business & I can organise my finances....

Thanks for your efforts tho'. Ttfn Jac x

jakki

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Rocky for trying - we'll just have to wait until Thursday, not unless the SWB site gets updated!!

rocky

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 255 in Discussion

Yoav's response has arrived and I have copied and pasted as received,

I apologize for not replying yesterday – I was indeed buried (ALL SWB urgent issues, trust me).

We are about to issue a personal letter to all SWB phase 2 clients, which (in short) will explain the following:

Due to several issues (mostly to do with the infrastructure – electricity, water, etc), the delivery of phase 2 will be postponed within the 4 months grace period – I.E end of September 2008.

This does not mean that ALL deliveries will take place then, but rather BY then.

We are composing a full list for date “windows” for delivery of each unit, along with the full information regarding the delivery process, which will be sent individually to each client. An exact date and time for each client will follow, once confirmed with all.

Any client that wishes to take possession of his unit at an earlier date (with temporary facilities), can coordinate it with us.

The coming letter will review the full process of snagging, payments, delivery as well as required procedures with the authorities (we are currently still waiting for an exact official information from the Electric company, which is postponing us from issuing the letter for example).

I wanted to avoid a situation where we issue numerous documents to the clients, thus confusing them, but as time is passing, I realize the anxiety and appreciate your approach highly.

Please let me know if you are posting this on the forums.

I trust the individual letters will arrive to all clients by the middle of next week.

Regards,

Yoav

So thats it... please give Yoav and Edith some space so they can get on with the issues

jac k

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Yoav emailed me today & explained that information packs will be issued shortly explaining completion procedure & protocol. He aims to have phase 2 properties transferred to owners by end of September (but many will be transferred before that date). The pack will explain what owners will need to do re: service connection etc. I also spoke to Moira today. She says Hi to everyone and apologises for not emailing - she will endeavour to get on line in the next week or two (she is still off her feet with the broken leg) but sounds very up beat (as ever). She also said my house is looking fab & even further ahead of hers - she thinks that there will be no problem with my dates as she is aiming to complete (& move in) by end of June (as Yoav originally said to me).

So, hopefully, fingers crossed, all is as expected. However, I still plan to rent for at least a few weeks so that I can furnish etc without the hassle of 3 darlings living in a shell.

Thanks to everyone for all you help & support these past few anxious days.

Jac xx

jac k

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Rocky - greatly appreciated.

Sincerley, jac xx

Alexo

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 03:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 255 in Discussion

Rocky,

Thanks for all your efforts, very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex & Linda

jakki

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Rocky for doing this and thanks also to Jac for the up-dates.

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 255 in Discussion

Is anyone from SWB going to be over there 29th June to 13th July?

Sheila&Phil

andysue

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 255 in Discussion

will just miss you me susan and our daughter alex goin for two weeks from the 13th july. regards andrew

mint1955

Message Posted:
26/05/2008 02:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 255 in Discussion

Hi All,

Is there a central point of contact for SWB owners for information /residents association/ forum/newsletter etc etc or is it here and the NorthCyprus Forum?

On NorthCyprus forums Jopelino has posted some u tube videos of SWB etc

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 255 in Discussion

anyone had thier letters

dobbo

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 255 in Discussion

I have had a letter confirming the delivery date of my apartment 119GR ,is to be between 30/7/2008 and 31/8/2008 and I will be getting an exact date over the next few weeks.

Regards

John

dobbo

Message Posted:
01/06/2008 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 255 in Discussion

Also included in the letter that there is to be an an extra payment of £1000.00 for infrastructure contribution water and electric connection, this does not include for meters. I am not sure what to make of this as there is nothing in my contract regarding this item.

Regards

John

jac k

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Rocky

I got my letter - says completion between 22.7 & 15.8 but as Dobbo, confirmation to follow closer to date. My letter also asks for £1000 for 'infastructure payment' - I'm not sure what this is for either - waiting for hubby to have a look in case I've missed something (very possible for me...) but I'd welcome anyone else's views if they know what/why etc... Also got letter from solicitors today giving advice on completion (snagging/payment/service connection) so looks like SW is moving swiftly...

Also, has anyone arranged insurance cover yet? If so, can you recommend any decent, not too expensive N.C. brokers?

Cheers. Hope everyone ok. Jac x

jakki

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 255 in Discussion

Hi All

In relation to the 'infastructure payment' - this may be a matter for the RA - does anyone know if Arthur and Dorothy paid this before they completed? Sorry Jac we haven't even thought about insurance yet.

Best wishes - Jackie

jakki

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 255 in Discussion

I've checked the contract and I can't find anything about this extra payment - does anyone else have any views?

jac k

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jakki - I've emailed Yoav today asking what it's for & I've also emailed solicitor to ask her opinion (just in case I've totally misunderstood the contract) - take care, Jac xx

rocky

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all lets wait for some detailed comments from Arthur and Andysue they appear to know something we dont???

rocky

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 255 in Discussion

Well surely some more Baywatchers have some news by now

andysue

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 255 in Discussion

rocky i have recieved a e-mail not shure who from but asking me to forward it to you .cant repeat what it says . ive asked you onc to e-mail me your address.e-mail me at andyaerial@blueyonder. i will forward it to you along with the latest one from arthur . regards andrew

andysue

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 255 in Discussion

e-mail me at andyaerial@blueyonder.co.uk sorry i forgot the last bit regards andrew

rocky

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 255 in Discussion

I have emailed you and would be interested in the emails one sounds as if it might be threatening lucky I have contacts in the police if its that bad

andysue

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 255 in Discussion

rocky ive sent the e-mails. dont know why you mention police it all to do with this £1000 as you proberbly read in his mail arthur says they can shove it were the sun dont shine regards andrew

lobylud

Message Posted:
07/06/2008 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 255 in Discussion

I've not received a letter yet but for those who have, is this request for £1000 broken down into where it's all going and what it's being spent on ?

Also, if the properties are almost finished are the owners on their last stage payments ?

andysue

Message Posted:
07/06/2008 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 255 in Discussion

i received e-mail from SWBRA ( sweetwaterbay residents assc) saying its another scam to bleed the buyers ! says if its in your contract tough if not tell them to shove it where the sun dont shine . . . coments please regards andrew

davidoff

Message Posted:
07/06/2008 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just to let you know that arthur and dorothy are in the uk at the mo for a while.

If you are interested discussions have started so check your e-mails and follow the instructions I have given you.

Take care all d

andysue

Message Posted:
07/06/2008 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 255 in Discussion

d i replied to your e-mail regarding this new secure site but i have not received any response. arthur and dorothy have e-mailed me to say they will drop by mine for a good chin wag while here in the U.K if they can will keep you informed . . . regards andrew

mint1955

Message Posted:
08/06/2008 02:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 255 in Discussion

How do we bedome SWBRA members as this thread is a little worrying and we would like to be kept up to date with things.

Sheila & Phil C41

rocky

Message Posted:
08/06/2008 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 255 in Discussion

Mint I have not heard either but I guess we will all be members well we must be unless we are happy to be ruled by a small commitee with all the proxies that must never happen.. If it happens as it does it spain these things can get difficult and quite nasty with people obtaining proxies and trying to get a larger share of the vote so on to get things through metings unpopular with others. We all need to agree the rules if we canot attend a meeting we should be able to vote and express our feelings by E Mail.The biggest problem we had in Spain was that the holidaymakers and temporary users had big issues as the permanent residents who enjoyed the complex all year round for the same complex fees wanted restrictions like closing the pool at 930 no noise after 10pm. no towels hanging off balconies and so on. forgettingthat us holiday makers wanted to enjoy the facility as a holiday. I am afraid we all have to remember that we are on a complex and silly restrictions are just just ignored. We did have one excellent rule NO GLASS for drinks by the pool, only plastic broken glass by the pool or in the pool meant the pool had to be emptied, with the cost and future cost of water I rest my case.THis IS a holiday complex with peace and serenity for most of the year we have to all work together on this. It would be interesting to know how RAs work in NC anyone!!

davidoff

Message Posted:
08/06/2008 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 255 in Discussion

Hi rocky,

Send me your e-mail address.

Also you are right to a certain degree nece why we need as many people input as possible on things.

The ras purpose is not solely to put restrictions or be the party pooper but to act and defend the rights of ALL OWNERS and to communicate in many ways with the sales team, developers, and the proposed management co. we will be getting.

SWB is neither a holiday complex or retirement village it is a RESIDENTIAL Resort complex as swb have labelled it and they are right.

And as yaov has declared to me before that it is not a hotel either.

The RA is infact the best way to go for the benefit of all, although Im sure there will be issues that not everyone will agree on buts thats life your not going to get 150+ people all agree on the same thing thats the reality.

If we have no RA or anything in place then it will be a free for all and it will get very messy and lots of problems will arise bigger and faster than you could imagine.

Its like anyuthing you need someone to manage it for a smooth and productive ride!

Thats my thoughts anyway!

take care d

rocky

Message Posted:
08/06/2008 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 255 in Discussion

I guess you are right it is more than a holiday development more of a village but same applies when it comes to rules. To be honest with you if there is a party of drunkens one evening making a noise beyond the permitted noise hours I wont argue with them just join in and agree that too many rules are unworkable. Loby has gone quiet what does he think?

lobylud

Message Posted:
08/06/2008 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 255 in Discussion

I actually agree with both sides on this, we do need a residents association, though I would prefer if it was called an owners association, to look after the needs and requirements of all owners.

We need an organisation that's going to be 'on the ball' and keep the place in top condition and look after our investment, representing us to SWB and the Management Company and with enough clout to make sure our needs are met.

I agree with Rocky that if there are too many petty rules it won't be an enjoyable place to visit and we do all need to work together on this.

For health and safety reasons the pool should only be used during certain hours and it's not impossible that the rules we finalise, at a proper meeting with absent input can not only satisfy the residents but the holidaymakers as well.

One final thought, the Management Company seems to be being dismissed before they have even started.

They need to be given a chance to prove their worth!

If they think they are only going to be around for six months then that's not going to give them much encouragement to put the effort or the money in.

andysue

Message Posted:
08/06/2008 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 255 in Discussion

a freind who owns at turtle bay visited our site yesterday morning and phoned to say its comeing on rapid says its going to be fabulous, the roads have been tarmaced and street lighting installed ,cant wait to see the pics hes took . . regards andrew

lobylud

Message Posted:
09/06/2008 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 255 in Discussion

That sounds great Andy.

Any chance you can post the pics somewhere so we can all see them ?

Loby.

andysue

Message Posted:
09/06/2008 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 255 in Discussion

hi loby yes im shure that can sorted but ill have to get one my mates whos a expert to help me ! whatch this space as they say . . . regards andrew

ronaldo

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 255 in Discussion

Hi All Can anybody tel me how to upload photos on this forum as i have got some recent ones from sweetwater bay

Regards Ron

andysue

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 255 in Discussion

thanks for e-mailing the pics to me ron its comeing on fine by the looks of it. thank god your posting them on here and not me coz i havent got a clue . anyone help him please ? regards andrew

ronaldo

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Everyone just got back from NC had a wonder full time.( once again) For all of you at Sweet water bay .Visited your site on Sunday the 8th June 08 the site is coming on great .If any one out there can tell me how I can upload photographs onto the forum I will post them for you all to look at .

Best Regards Ron . Also Good News Cyprus News Today on Friday reported that Hire cars in the North can now travell South With the permission of the car hire companies. This has been agreed between the two parties on either side of the Island. Ron

rocky

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 255 in Discussion

andysue any chance of you emailing me the pictures, the forums are relatively quiet not sure how many have had letters to date

davidoff

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Some have had letters already so far!

Some are also seeking advice- so I wouldnt sign anything yet until we know where we stand?

take care-D

andysue

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 00:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 255 in Discussion

rocky ill e-mail the pics to you no probs , im over for ten days from july 20 ill take loads with my new state of the art digital camera thats cost a shed load! let me know your plot number ill take pics from in and out side for anyone that asks . . regards andrew

andysue

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 255 in Discussion

im up and running on our new secure site , please be patient with me im not the best computer literate person on here its all pretty new to me . i have to keep asking my thirteen year old daughter to help me! this forum is a doddle the secure one im finding it hard work . i would not of succesfuly managed to get on without davina DEEDEE1 many thanks davina regards andrew

rocky

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Andy Im C32 the least finished (except for the ones not started) the pics on your new camera should be good just read the instructions

kell73

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 255 in Discussion

Hello

Can anybody advise me how to get on the 'new secure site'?

Many thanks

Kelly

andysue

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 255 in Discussion

hi kell type in http://www.totallyproperty.com this will take you to the site i found it difficult and i needed assistance from a member called devina who basically did it for me after i mailed her my details im shure you will be ok im a bit wet behind the ears with all this . look for heading private forums good luck andrew

andysue

Message Posted:
16/06/2008 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 255 in Discussion

hi all new pics on the sweetwaterbay web site, looking very good ,the pools got a SWB logo tiled at the bottom regards andrew.

rocky

Message Posted:
21/06/2008 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 255 in Discussion

Hello Baywatchers- I guess many of you in Stage 2 are getting near to the completion stage. Dont know what happened to Phase 1 ???were they speculators perhaps hoping to make a killing on the front liners when the development is complete?. I think we should share the snagging problems (if there are any!!) on the private forum. If the work is sub standard in one theres a fair chance it will be repeated. We also need a snagging checklist may I ask if anyone has put one together. If so perhaps we could all share that. If not do we have a volunteer?

lobylud

Message Posted:
22/06/2008 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 255 in Discussion

Hi, just a question to Sheila and Phil of C41 (mint1955) before you go out to NC on your holidays.

Why doesn't your villa show on the SWB construction site ?

C40 and C42 is there but not yours !

Just curious !

Have a nice holiday.

mint1955

Message Posted:
22/06/2008 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 255 in Discussion

When I asked Edith at SWB if anything had changed since we were over in April she said "Hi Sheila,I am afraid not as they are working seven days a week to finish existing works but they shouls start soon.

The pools are all tiled now and sauna gym restaurant and bar all being tiled as we speak.

Numbers will be put on the properties on Monday for the electricity company to check on connections.

A few people have offered to buy your plot though, but I promise not to sell it.

Everything is getting very exciting nowso just be patient a little longer. "

We are not expecting to be in there until May 09 so theres no realy rush I guess but it will be nice to see something happening.

Sheila&Phil

andysue

Message Posted:
22/06/2008 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 255 in Discussion

hi all as anyone heard or got any idea about time of completion for us poor folkes at the end of the que in phase three? if its may 09 for sheila and phill in phase 2 it could end up over twelve months for us phase three,ers ! i will obviousley ask edith when we are over next month but as you all know she tels you what you want to here . regards andrew

rocky

Message Posted:
22/06/2008 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 255 in Discussion

Andy I think mint reply said they dont expect to be there until May 09 I dont think they have a compeltion date yet do they?. I dont think they purchased until April this year so its not started yet and obviously SWB want to finish all those in Phase 2 expected to be completed in May 08, these look like Sept completions now. Mine is Phase 3 the date was Nov 08 but I think Jan/ Feb 09 is more optimistic. I was there in April and I dont think anything has been done since then no rush though.

lobylud

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 255 in Discussion

With hindsight maybe phase three would have been better because it will be finished, ours is phase two but it will still be a buiding site.

If we or friends are using it we will have to put up with the builders still being there, you can't expect people to rent it with building work still going on ?

We are going out in August and expected to be staying in our apartment (phase two, end of May) but are having to stay in a hotel instead which we never budgeted for.

Sheila, what did Edith mean that she promises not to sell your plot, is this a joke on her part ?

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Guys we have end Jan in our contract with a 4 month grace period, so not expecting to take control until May.

And yes I think Edith was grinning when she wrote the bit about selling our plot.

If anyone wants photos from SWB then let us know and we will make sure we get some good ones while we are there.

Sheila

lobylud

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 01:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 255 in Discussion

Some photos of apartment 123 GR would be nice and the communal areas.

Thanks.

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 01:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 255 in Discussion

Lobylud,

We will make sure we get loads Getting really excited now and its only 7 more sleeps.

Sheila

andysue

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 255 in Discussion

hi all please go to the private forum for a update on the infrastructure charge iv had a chat with edith today . . regards andrew

steviec

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 255 in Discussion

Hi andrew how do you get on the private forum.

Ta

andysue

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 255 in Discussion

hi steviec , look back at message 83 same question was asked and you can see my reply. i had trouble getting sorted devinia ended up sorting it for me ,im not the best at the computer thingys. the private forum is the best place to read and post important issues that will be of importance to sweetwater owners. if you have problems e-mail me at andyaerial@blueyonder.co.uk regards . . andrew

Alexo

Message Posted:
24/06/2008 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 255 in Discussion

Mint1955

We would appreciate it if you could take one or two snaps of C33 please.

We hope to be out there soon for good look around and a bit of a break but that won't happen until some time in september, so any information, snapshots would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

andysue

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 255 in Discussion

hi alex ,im over for ten days from july 20th . im takeing photos for a few of the ressidents while im there ill thake some of c33 inside and out if you wish. please e-mail me at andyaerial@blueyonder.co.uk so i can e-mail them back to you . . regards andrew

mint1955

Message Posted:
26/06/2008 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Alex we will be happpy to take some for you.

Sheila&Phil C41

Alexo

Message Posted:
26/06/2008 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 255 in Discussion

Hello Sheila, Phil and Andy,

Thank you all for the very kind offer, I have mailed you my e mail address and I'm just looking forward to viewing the snaps now and then eventually getting out there myself.

Hope you all have a great time out there.

Good luck,

Alex.

andysue

Message Posted:
26/06/2008 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 255 in Discussion

hi alex ive printed your e-mail out and filed it with all the rest who have requested photos. i should start chargeing for this ! this new camera cost me £700 ! only jokeing . . . regards andrew

rocky

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 255 in Discussion

Hello Baywatchers tomorow is July who is going out and when and can they update us when they get back???

jakki

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 255 in Discussion

Hi -

Hope you are all well - We are going out on the 11th - 17th September and it has been confirmed that we can complete between the 12th and 16th - but we still have not had a definite date - but it's a couple of months away - so there's no panic!! We have yet to receive an Invoice for the tiling which is the penultimate payment. We have told Yoav that their communications regarding the utility connections has left a lot to be desired, and that they seriously need to improve their act in this respect.

jac k

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

New pics on the S.W. site - looking really fab - can't wait to see it in the flesh, so to speak. Rocky, I'm going out 21st July to 31st August so let me know your site/email/what you'd like pics of and I'll send you what I can when I get back. Jakki, I paid my penultimate payment months ago - last payment due anytime now, but like you, no contact re: exact date only window between early/mid august. I've emailed Yoav asking for specific date as I'm not releasing funds until I know (hanging onto the interest to pay for the apartment I've had to rent 'cos of the delay in completion of the villa). Take care all, hope to see you over there soon...... xx jac x p.s. my friend's over there now, just got email and nearly 100 degrees today.... phew.. x

rocky

Message Posted:
30/06/2008 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 255 in Discussion

Hi jac k andy has a new camera so has offered to take fotos for me but it seems (looking at the site fotos) as if nothing has happened to or place since we were there in April. Our penultimate payment is scheduled for July/August but as we are Phase 3 I guess nothing will happen to ours until they have completed the Phase 2 properties. Anyway thank you for offering.

jakki

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 255 in Discussion

Just wondering actually if anybody else will be in TRNC at the same time as us - we're staying The Malpas.

andysue

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 255 in Discussion

jacki i e-mailed you to say we are over from the 20th july for 10 days it would be nice to meet you , we are saying at our freinds appartment at turtle bay village regards andrew

jakki

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Andrew - I think you've got me confused with the other Jackie - we're over in September - will be very happy to meet up with you eventually though!! I had a look at the SWB site - I have to say I am quite impressed, I think the development looks stunning!!

rocky

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 255 in Discussion

Hi jakki I too think the site looks good one or two baywatchers seem to be moaning but lets wait until its finsihed. Those who dont like it can move on and take their moans with them. For the money it looks like a good site what can you get for that anywhere else in such a beautiful location. I think we should hype it up then more people will buy and the prices go up come on you lot lets be positive...

norths4me

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 255 in Discussion

Just checked out the updated pictures and its great to see it taking shape. I think once complete the complex is going to be amazing definitely up at the top end of complexes that I have seen in North Cyprus. There will always be issues but as long as a line of communication is left open these can be resolved. There will always also be those who can never be pleased but hey you cant keep everyone happy its impossible.

andysue

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 255 in Discussion

sorry again jakki was actually meant for jac k who is out when we are there. ill take some pics for you while over . regards andrew

andysue

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 255 in Discussion

hi all . a freind who owns at turtle bay visited sweetwater bay today he rang me to say he cant believe how its come on from last time he visited the site, says it looks fantastic. said theyve started the footings on our plot at 133 in phase three! his comment on the pool SIMPLY AWSOME! regards andrew

odgy47

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 255 in Discussion

can you tell me how to see updated photos as cant find the link

jakki

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 255 in Discussion

Hi and thanks for the info Andrew - odgy if you go to the SWB site and click on 'construction' you will then see a plan of the site and just click on the property you require to see. Hope this helps.

jakki

Message Posted:
04/07/2008 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 255 in Discussion

I was just having a look on the Private Forum and just to advise that I have left a message inviting the people who have already moved onto to the site who are experiecing problems to come forward and put something in writing so that as a group we can try to help and resolve these issues. Quite frankly I am getting tired of hearing about such things third hand - talk about Chinese whispers!!

andysue

Message Posted:
04/07/2008 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 255 in Discussion

hear hear jakki! when was the last news letter? nearly a year ago, this extra grand they want ive only heard about third hand also. im going to tell edith when over to her face they are pissing people off (sorry about the lingo) regards andrew

mint1955

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 255 in Discussion

Hi we are in NC at the moment and have spent a few hours talking with Edith and Andy about many of the comments and complaints that have been mentioned to us and on the forums. We also have an appointment with Mike Armstrong RMS on tuesday and again we will be putting questions to him that have been mentioned.

We do have the infrastructure charge written in our contract and are happy with the explanation given which is on the SWB webpage. We feel that it is far better to have found out about the old infrastucture pipework now while SWB are able to do something about it for us all rather than us being in the hands of the Belladiseri (sorry cant spell that) when something goes wrong when SWB have left site etc. We dont have to sort our own electric meters etc as these are being supplied but I will double check that.

The date for commencement of the management charges has not been finalised and this is something I will bring up on Tuesday but as far as we are aware we are to pay SWB £300 for the first 6 months and during this time RMS will be contacting us all re the following 2 years. The £720 bond is held in case of non payment and will not be used and returned to us if the property is sold. The yearly fee of £720 for the first 2 years is fixed. I will be asking what will be in place as a cap or % rise after that.

We have no reason to doubt what we are being told by SWB and our advice to everyone is to speak to Edith or Andy directly if you have concerns so that you can get the facts rather than hearsay and half truths. SWB is going to be fantastic when completed and the management company have been chosen to represent us and deal with any problems which then allows us to enjoy our investments.

rocky

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Mint thanks for the update. In your posting you mention the infastructure charge is included on the swb website, were you told this or did you check this out? if you did can you tell me how to find it? Glad to hear you are positive about the development ,balances against the moaning minnies I guess. Currently I am on the fence I remain positive about the success but could be converted to a moaning mini, am waiting until my trip before I comment on second hand info.I dont see how anyone can predict future percentage rises and would a cap be wise. If we agreed say 7% increases and only 2% was required what would the increase be?. I would like to see that the RA has management accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis to establish how prudently the financials are being managed. I am an ex banker and have knowledge of accounts (perhaps not expressed in ntls) are their any accountants purchasing perhaps we could have an audit committee or something similar.( a monthly fee of course?????) I am always unsure what non profit making means if there is income of £250K for example and expenses come to £100K surely the partners/ directors could purely increase their own benefits a bit like our politicians. Have you seen any latley loby?

mint1955

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 255 in Discussion

The explantation for the extra infrastructure charge is on the homepage sorry if I confused you. I guess if its not in contracts then not sure where you stand but I still think I would rather pay now than worry about what we will be charged in the future when the site is up and running and it cannot cope.

The management company RMS is non profit in as far as we pay the £120 to them as their fee and the rest of the £720 per year is for the upkeep of SWB. Andy has a full workup of the site costs plus breakdown of expected future costs i.e electric gardening cleaning etc etc. There are also many plans and services that they wish to have available for the residents but this will be with consultation.

No general rules i.e. animals on site, swimming pool times, music or party curfews etc etc have been set up as far as we are aware but again I will check the full detail tomorrow as it states in the pack they want to work with us rather than set out unachievable rules that will cause friction. Not sure how the contracted out services such as shop bar retaurant etc will work yet but they will be under licence rather than purchased outright.

I will be asking RMS tomorrow about their accounting to us and input procedures we will have in choices etc of plans throughout the 2 years. There is no offical Residents Asscocation that is why SWB have appointed RMS after consulation and individual residents can of course work with RMS with suggestions and questions, as has been outlined in the introductory package we have been sent.

I agree they do have a load of optional packages and that is where they will make their money but it does'nt mean we have to use them if we don't wish as these can be supplied on an individual resident basis.

We may have totally missunderstood the purpose of the self elected "Residents Association" as we assumed it was a social group to allow us to meet each other online and discuss concerns but then those concerns to be taken up with SWB or RMS, not a place to vilify companies like SWB or RMS or blacken individuals names without proof or reason etc.

Facts please and if the official answers are not ok then I can understand the moaning and griping but these issues still need dealing with professionally as this is the only way for us to protecct our investments.

davidoff

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Sorry that you feel that some areonly on the forums to be moaning minis as that was not the intention.

I still feel that swb is one of the best on the island and Im sure it will look great once completed- but thats not my concern.

As for the RA - It was only ever intended that a handful would try to get the ball rolling in that direction but it hasnt quite materialised yet.

Im not having a moan here but the fact is as for electric metres - I hope we do get them on completion like swb have said as many people are on 2-3years waiting lists in NC due to shortage of supply and are having to pay a flat fee per month of 115ytl to the electric companies which is around £40-50 pm.

jakki

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 255 in Discussion

Very well said indeed Mint - and Rocky my Arthur (chartered accountant) will write a response in relation to your message. Let's face it people the RA doesn't look like it is going to happen does it. There are people living on site (and we know they mean well) who have yet to produce anything intellectually newsworthy. I am sure that they are frustrated if the issues they have with SWB have not been resolved, but I think the time has come where we have to work with SWB and not against them, we'll not get anywhere otherwise. It's also frustrating for us isn't it not being in TRNC and watching the development grow. I'm sure Andrew and Jac will no doubt report back on their return (or indeed whilst in TRNC) about the development and I look forward to hearing from them - Thank you Mint and please try and have a pleasant stay. With best wishes to all - Jackie

norths4me

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 255 in Discussion

mint1955 Thanks for the info and hope you have a good holiday. If you get the time could you manage a few pictures of our apartment? I did send you an email but not sure if you got it before you left. Enjoy

jakki

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 255 in Discussion

Hi, it's Arthur, Jakki's partner. Have had a look at the document from RMS. The grammar is woeful [not what you'd expect if they're trying to impress], and how £120 is 20% of £720 escapes me [I'm only a chartered accountant !]. However, I would say the following:

1) Their fee is £120 [or £144] per property, which with about 130 dwellings equates to £15600-£18720. Clearly they hope to make a profit with the add-ons. I don't have a problem with this, but why come out with the non-profit making nonsense?

2) It's right that monies need to be paid up front. If the property owners don't pay management fees in advance, how can bills be paid? I likewise don't have a problem with the bond, as long as all monies are properly accounted for.

3) There are a number of purchasers who will be full time residents. It seems sensible to me [if they are happy to do so], that they keep a watching brief on what is going on with the management of the site, keep the rest of us informed, but let the management company do their work. If they don't come up to scratch we can kick the management company out. In this day and age, it should be possible to keep [most of] us up to date via e-mail.

In order to keep this relatively short I'll post another mail regarding other issues, but I think we should give these people a chance. We're going over early September, and I'll ask them a lot more pertinent questions.

Arthur

jakki

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 255 in Discussion

Well, me again [Arthur]. I think [and hope] SWB will be a great site. I do have to say though that communications from SWB are dire- why didn't they put out a full explanation of the utility connection costs rather than residents having to prise it out of them? It also doesn't help when you ask questions and get nondescript replies with pointless add-ons such as "the view from your balcony is great".

What we ALL need to do is post useful information on the forum regarding progress on the site. It would also help if any problems are shared [frankly , balanced and without emotion] so that others can watch out for the same problems/issues on their properties.

Above all, lets be positive about SWB- I haven't seen any other development on the island where I'd rather be. I very much hope my confidence will be vindicated and that we'll all be happy bunnies.

norths4me

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 255 in Discussion

Arthur

I agree with you about the development it has the potential to be fantastic. Unfortunately I also have to agree about the lack of communication from SWB it has really been their downfall and has allowed rumour and speculation to run wild.

I have been waiting for some answers for weeks now and when I get replies from them the answers I am waiting for are always missed out it is very frustrating and annoying.

I think it is very important to listen to what others have to say whether it be residents or SWB about the site and the construction etc but you have to make your own conclusions. I was across in April and checked over our apartment and overall I was very pleased with what I saw, they were flood testing the balconies prior to tiling to make sure there were no leaks. Also all plumbing pipework was blanked of and was getting pressure tested also a good sign. It is early yet but hopefully I will not be dissappointed once everything is finished so far so good.

As said earlier there have been some issues but hopefully we can resolve all.

With regards RMS I agree we have to give them a chance and not shoot them down before they have started. They made a mistake by not telling us that this is their first project in TRNC and trying to impress with their flashy info pack which backfired on them.

SWB need to come forward and let all the residents in Phases 1 & 2 no when their water and electric will be connected to the main supply, let everyone no when the meters will be connected and that will stop all the speculation. Its that simple

andysue

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 255 in Discussion

well said jakki couldnt have put it better myself. ive been going on and on about SWB lack of comunication for six months . it took a phone call to edith two weeks ago from me at some expense to find out what this added charge was about, why i had to post on the private forum her explanation instead of them telling us is beyond me, when i asked her why i had to ask what it was about she said she was sorry but she thought yohave had e-mailed us all !me susan and alex ( thirteen year old daughter) are very excited about our appartment and happy we have bought at SWB but the PR leaves a lot to be desired . . . regards andrew

rocky

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 255 in Discussion

well thats quite a few postings for today but it is always the same people posting who are the mystery buyers in Phase 1 then? Come on Baywatchers lets work together SWB should be the best on the Island . Its in all our interests for it to be so perhaps we need to educate the developers and their teams that good communcaction is the key. I think we do need a sub commitee to meet regularly (tis possible conferencing by phone) to review the management of the finances and in particular any bond arrangements no payments should be made from any group accounts without at least 2 signatures. One signature is a risk...

Alexo

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 05:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 255 in Discussion

Hello Mint,

Read your posts 116 and 118 and several others that were posted in response.

I would just like to say that these were the most refreshing bits of reading I have come across on the forum in quite some time.

You make some very good points but most of all you are actually there in TRNC and at the Sweetwater development so therefore they do carry some weight and are a lot more accurate than some that have been posted. You are so positive about the place and what is happening there; sure you raise some issues that have come from your conversions with the people at Sweetwater and also from your own observations.

Lets face it this a fairly major development and it is being undertaken during a period of massive inflation in just about everything that is associated with the construction industry including the raw materials and it is not being constructed in the Uk or Europe where there are established skill sets, so a few leaks and a few errors are to be expected and remember, if they are finding leaks, it means they are actually testing and mistakes that are discovered can be remedied.

Anyway let’s hope this is the way forward with more and more people going over on inspection trips or whatever and reporting back to the forum on what is actually happening over there.

Before I finish I would just like to share a little story with everyone.

A friend of mine has purchased a property at Polaris World, Murcia, Spain, he went over there in March after a delay of just over a year to sign the final documents and receive the keys etc.

His wife stayed for an extra week or so to arrange for the curtains, blinds and such and complete the furnishing, this was in march of this year and as I said previously the property was already a year late in delivery, I spoke to him last Saturday June 5th, and he is still waiting for the utilities to be connected, so maybe we are not in such bad shape.

By all means let’s not be blinkered here but do let’s have more factual postings and less of the guessing game.

So Mint, I hope you both have a great time during your stay, look forward to more posts from you all.

Keep the posts coming folks.

Regards to all,

Alex and Linda.

davidoff

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

I agree that those with factual informationand first hand knowledge need to come forward now and express their views individuallywhen possible -instead of the use of go betweens.

I do admit that lack of communication or sometimes too much communication and honesty can cause anxiety and uproar.

We are all in this together regardless and people will always differ in opinions, feedbacks and responses.

At the end of the day people have a right to question where and what their money is being used for? And evidence of this? Its only natural!

take care d x

jakki

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 255 in Discussion

Hear Hear, Divina.

Lets see more openness and fewer hidden agendas. For better or worse, we have all invested in the project. If we see anything [good or bad] we'll report it. We have already said how we're appalled at the lack of communication from SWB, but we can't criticise them if we as a group aren't prepared to communicate freely and fairly. So come on any enthusiasts or gripers, be open BUT BALANCED and express your views.

Jakki & Arthur [C34]

dobbo

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 01:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 255 in Discussion

When I visit the site next week I am going to fill the pool with a hose pipe and be the first to use it and then sit in the bar and have a beer and toast everybody's good health.

Cheers

Alexo

Message Posted:
11/07/2008 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 255 in Discussion

Hello to all,

We are looking for some help here, we will be over at Sweetwater for a couple of weeks in September to check on the unit and we were also hoping to sort out some furniture etc ie curtains, blinds, soft funishings and whatever.

So we would appreciate any help and advice with who to see and where to go.

We will be staying at a Hotel in Girne but we will hiring a car and would be willing to travel round the Island, so long as we know where to go.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Good luck to all.

Alex & linda

rocky

Message Posted:
11/07/2008 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Alexo been doing research myself you will receive many recommendations and some are due to backhanders the most helpful firm I have found by E Mail you can contact through http://www.homepack-interiors.com. I am thinking of having wrought iron beds made with larger than normal floor clearance (35cm) helps with storing cases under many suppliers can make what you want. Good luck when you are there can you get them to do some work on plot c32

mint1955

Message Posted:
11/07/2008 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 255 in Discussion

Hi All,

We had a good meeting with Mike from RMS and he is already in email contact with many so please can we all share answers here.

He is really onboard with managing SWB in conjunction with input from the owners.

Correction to an earlier post from me re meters these will be sourced and connected by SWB but the charge will be forwarded to us. Apologies for my misunderstanding earlier ( I did say I needed to confirm my understanding). The infrastructure charge is to include bringing water and electric to site and Kibtec and water have already been onsite checking and marking plots etc etc. These are expected to be in by completion of site but this cannot be confirmed as yet. The obvious bonus for us with SWB organising meters is that we do not get hassle of the authorities and will hopefully not have to suffer paying builders rate electric etc. But this is NC so watch this space LOL

Will post more on our return and we do have photos for all that requested them.

Sheila and Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
12/07/2008 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 255 in Discussion

thanx mint thats more like it lets be positive have they started yours yet?

davidoff

Message Posted:
12/07/2008 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Thanx mint for the update and cant wait to see the latest pictures.

take care d

mint1955

Message Posted:
14/07/2008 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Rocky,

Yes we managed to watch them clear the site, mark out the site, dig then they were pouring the cement into the footings. By the time we left it was really moving on a pace.

We now have a silver coin in the cement for luck

Sheila&Phil

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 02:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 255 in Discussion

Lobylud I have pictures for you but dont have an email address mail me on mint1955@blueyonder.co.uk please

Sheila&Phil

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 255 in Discussion

Matt&Ang I have photos of your plot for you please email me your address to Mint1955@blueyonder.co.uk

Sheila&Phil

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 255 in Discussion

does anybody think the bond money is a bit much considering everone will be paying the anuall service charge upfront also this is a new site and everything in it is brand new and will be under defect period any any unexpected breakages will be at swb cost not residents also to that you will recieve it when you sell your property as i intend to never to sell it and also keep my payments up to date so my bond should never be used i am basically giving away approx £600 as i will never see it again would everyone like to comment on this and if everone agrees the charge is far to high considering it is new site and everyone is paying up front to get in touch with swb/rms/legal team and air there views and maybe have it reduced to a much smaller amount andif it needsincreasing in the future then rms/residents will deal with it then.

regards lee

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 255 in Discussion

Sweep

Simple answer, There is no need for this bond its a piece of nonsense. I have written RMS and told them this also. I for one will not be paying it regardless of what they say. Also if its included in their contract that they produce then I will not be signing it.

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 255 in Discussion

Sweep

Simple answer, There is no need for this bond its a piece of nonsense. I have written RMS and told them this also. I for one will not be paying it regardless of what they say. Also if its included in their contract that they produce then I will not be signing it.

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 255 in Discussion

oops

Hit send there before I was finished. As you have said and I have pointed this out to RMS, sweet water is a brand new complex and after completion of said complex sometime in 2009 SWB are then liable for EVERYTHING for 1 Year so there is no need for a bond. They have also said they could use it in case of non payment of fees. If they cannot get the fees they shouldn't be in the job and I would certainly not be happy at my money subsiding a non payers.

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 255 in Discussion

couldnt agree more i think if we get enough people behind this and put all our views to rms/swb/legal teams i think we could have major influence on reducing the costs as an individiual i think my views to rms/swb will fall on deaf ears and be brushed aside as a group representing residents who will be deciding rms future on wether they continue to manage swb they will have to listen and do something as if i was rms i would not like to get of on the wrong foot and start with a bitter taste as i for one do not like spending money on something which is not justified and the reasons for the bond request is not good enough if someone doesnt want to pay service charges then management company should persue them as would happen in the uk every one should pull together on this one and all take a stand against the bond money.

rocky

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 255 in Discussion

When I was in a previous complex in Spain we had to subsidise non payers and it would have been sensible to have a bond. It is not easy in Foreign countires to pursue non payers in Spain it seemed to take years to try and obtain ownership of the properties owned by non payers. I was there 13 years and we were not succesful in obtaining monies from non payers in that period. I would be prepared to pay for an upfront up front bond but would propose 3 months only. That would provide an adequate emergency pot against a few non payers. Ths should be held in a Trust account and not under the control of the management company. Perhaps we should seek legal opinion as to what action we as a residents association should take to obtain monies from non payers and protect the money in this Bond. Is it possible to register a debt against a property? I doubt it if the title has not been sorted.

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 255 in Discussion

hi there thanks for your response i think a small amount is justified as you never know what is going to happen but certianly not £600 could you enquire as to what we could persue legaly and to put pressure on rms on this situaion if you think about it all that 12month service charge paid upfront for the first year and only minimal outgoings due to defect period at swb cost not residents surley there will be a pot of money left over after the first year and so on which could be used for emergiences also possibly covering any shortfalls due to non payers if you think about it most homes have been bourght as holiday homes and will only get a limited usage so its not like we a running butlins with thousands of people coming and going absuing facilitys and wearing the place out ther will be a limited amount of occupiers at one time using the facilitys a couple of times a year i just carnt see were all this emergency money will go except sittingin a account till eterntery.

davidoff

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that I have decided not to help in the setting up or running of the RA anymore due to a variety of personal reasons.

But I do still feel that an official RA or owners group is still important for the future of SWB.

In future I will be posting as an individual property owner and not that of a representative for the RA.

Take care all-d xxx

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 255 in Discussion

Hi All

1st year of operations there will be limited gardens or plants to look after. All that RMS will have to look after will be the pools and communal facility s of which will be contracted out to a professional company. They will pull in 100K + for that from fees. Why do they think they need another 100K + as a pot amount its ludicrous.

Sweep 2 things in your post I would like to pick up on. Firstly its £720 they are asking for the bond and not £600.

Secondly we do not have to try to influence RMS to do anything. We are the owners and they will be employed by us. If we do not agree with what they say or their ideas provided there is a majority we will tell them not ask them. This has to be made clear from day 1.

Davina

Sorry to hear of your decision but I completely understand.

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 255 in Discussion

hi norths 4 me appricate your quick and informative response couldnt agree more and i hope other owners feel the same as well can i suggest all owners who agree on this topic contact rms and advise them of there view on this and let them know ASAP as i for one will not be paying a 720 bond as 12 months upfront is more than enough for the site to function, how do we get sometihng together to let them know as a group how we all feel for the ones who agree.

andysue

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 255 in Discussion

hi davina , sorry to hear you wont be part of the RA , hope you are ok regards andrew

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 255 in Discussion

Sweep

I think if everyone contacts them and informs them that they are not paying the bond then that will get the message to them. I have already told them this as I no have others. The problem is there are so few of us in touch with each other that at the moment we can only do this as an individulal.

I have also told them that I will be paying my fees in advance and on time as I would hope would others and have said that after the initial 12month grace period 2010 when SWB are liable for everything a bond of some sort may be an idea, this would then allow RMS the time to settle in to the job and no exactly what the costs of running the site will be and allow clients confidence to be built regards their newly established company because as we are aware RMS do not at present manage any other development or private villas in North Cyprus SWB will be their first despite what it says in the Glossy brochure they send out.

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 255 in Discussion

To all has anybody snagged there property yet and if so how did you find the quality, did you find anything major or just minor cosmetic items to put right or was it that good you didnt even produce a list ?i am due to insect mine early sept and would know how people have got on with the snagging process and is there anything all residents should know about.

rocky

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 255 in Discussion

Davidoff does this mean you have cancelled the private forum as it appears it is not accessable strange I thought you would have told us

davidoff

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Rocky sorry yes I have a while ago was about to let people know but unfortunately had to stop what I was doing to watch the cat fight on eastenders Im afraid.

Myself and the administrator on the forum had decided that it was in the best interest to close the forum site as it was not being used for what it was originally intended.

Take care d x

Alexo

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 255 in Discussion

Hello all,

I know this post is not related to the issues that are currently being discussed i.e. the money for the bond etc but it does seem to be the one that is attracting the most readers, so here goes.

I shall travel to TRNC in September via Istanbul and would like to have a stopover there, most probably on the return leg.

Has anyone stayed in Istanbul and if so could you please recommend any hotels, restaurants, places to see and so on.

I would appreciate any help or advice that you may offer.

Good luck to all.

Alex & Linda.

rocky

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 255 in Discussion

Has anyone drawn up a snagging list to help us with the snagging?

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 15:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 255 in Discussion

http://www.bozzle.com/hd_Snagging.html

This site has a checklist that might help prompt thoughts as to what to look for. Plus a tick sheet as well.

I was talking to Andy SWB and he already does a snag list I think its 2 or 3 times getting works done in between and has a list etc he works to which he then does one last time with you on handover.

norths4me

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 255 in Discussion

Yoav has told me they snag each property 3 times before inviting each client to come over to snag so hopefully eliminating the majority of problems before we arrive.

davidoff

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all,

Thanx for the info N4M thats good news.

Take care d

lobylud

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 255 in Discussion

Wow, that's some snagging list on bozzle, very comprehensive.

One question, if SWB snag three times why would RMS charge a fee for snagging your property ?

With both Companies being connected surely they would be doing the same snagging twice, meaning when RMS come to do it they wouldn't find anything wrong ?

Not troublemaking, just a thought.

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 255 in Discussion

Hi John,

My take on this is SWB do their 3 or however many snags as the job is progressing before the final handover. Then we can go to NC to do the final snag ourselves or if you can't get out then you can appoint an independant person from offsite (all the better I guess if you can get a reccomendation) or you can appoint RMS to do it on your behalf. Now as you wouldnt know the independant any more than at this stage you know RMS I think I would go to RMS as at least they will be onsite and they will have some clout being onsite to get things sorted and moving quickly as they have a relationship and can liase directly with SWB etc. They would be working for you and have a vested interest in getting it done to a high standard so they can have a good relationship with you when you take your keys.

Although SWB have appointed RMS they are not the same company.

regards Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 255 in Discussion

thanks all - it seems that there is no need to draw up a snagging sheet as they are available. I did wonder whether Arthur who has already moved in could have helped us by pointing out the main problem areas. I did invite him to help on this on the private forum but that was cancelled so I dont know if he read it. If Keith is reading this I assure you it was conlilatory (if that show its spelt). Good luck with the Phase 2 completions although Phase 1 is still a mystery to me. I have to wait to Phase 3 so hopefully everything will be OK by then.(Smiley face)

rocky

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 255 in Discussion

welcome back Loby where have you been( to NC) or are you shortly on your way there?

lobylud

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 255 in Discussion

Hi,

I've kept out of it for while, just sitting back watching people getting tetchy with each other just because they don't hold the same views.

This is a shame because at the end of the day once SWB is finished we are all going to have one helluva good site and it will be a shame if there's going to be fall outs and nastiness all over comments placed on an internet forum.

I personally think the communal charge is quite steep at nearly £14 per week but I haven't seen the costings so it's probably only an estimated guess at the moment.

The bond also seems excessive with one of the reasons being if somebody doesn't pay they've already got their money.

Why my money should be tied up if somebody else doesn't pay is a little baffling. Nevertheless in the second year we do get 50% of it back and the interest is added !

As long as nobody can do a moonlight flit with our money it will be used for the common good - it's still too much though.

Sheila, my point about the snagging is that from what you say it looks like Andy snags for SWB and if he's competent he'll probably be also doing the snagging for RMS as well, so doing the same things twice !

I'm going out to NC on the 10th August for two weeks staying in Bellapais (for all you burglars out there reading this, Loby Hall will be occupied, so don't even think about it). If any SWBayers are in NC then and want to meet up, give us a shout.

Phase 1 is also a mystery to me, if phase 2 is going to be finished at the end of September, you would expect lots of phase 1 people to be sunning themselves in finished properties as we speak !

Take care,

Loby.

lobylud

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 255 in Discussion

To all you SWB photo addicts.

There are individual plot photos been added and it's looking good.

They are dated 10th July and when some photos appear it usually means a flurry of more photos soon after.

Sheila of Mint55 yours is there and Gaynor (secretly watching) yours is coming on rapidly.

norths4me

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Loby

I'm getting wound up again its looking good

mint1955

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 02:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks for letting me know about the picture and we finally have our flag on the construction map. It does mean though they need more money

Loby, I agree it would be daft for the builders to do the handover snagging check and if I use RMS I will expect them to use an independant but that is something to check nearer the time.

Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 255 in Discussion

mint welcome to the construction page SWB seem to progress with each plot very quickly and then when they receive the stage payment they stop, mine has not progressed since April when I made the last payment. As the next payment is now due I guess they could progress further although the emphasis must be on completing Phase 2. Or even Phase 1?? Hopefully we will all be happy by summer 09.

lobylud

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 255 in Discussion

Rocky, if your villa hasn't progressed since April how can they be asking for the next payment ?

I saw Rambo in town yesterday, he doesn't half look like you, you could be brothers !

Seriously, if people look on the SWB price and availability section, there's not that many properties left to be sold, mainly the penthouse apartments.

rocky

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Loby swb have not asked for my payment yet although the contract said July so who knows they are trying to get Phase 2 done. Does Rambo look like me? I wont put my picture on any forum otherwise all the woman will be chasing me. Depends who it is whether I slow down or not. I may have upset Davidoff a few months ago with a sexist comment so I have to be careful now.

dobbo

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 255 in Discussion

Hello Everyone

Just got back from a weeks holiday in North Cyprus today. I visited the site twice I was very impressed it looks great. I was going to snag my apartment when I was out there but unfortunately its not ready yet. I thought the build quality looked good and there was plenty of work going on. I think the design of the site works really well and the location takes some beating. All in all I was happy with what I saw and cant wait to go back when it is finished.

jakki

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 255 in Discussion

Sorry to be negative at this stage particularly after reading what dobbo has to say, but as we are completing in September an up-dated photo of our villa would have been appreciated!! The development still looks amazing though. Does anyone have any idea when that development opposite ours is going to be completed?? It looks such an eyesore.

jakki

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 255 in Discussion

Rocky- they could simply have forgotten to ask for payment. I e-mailed Yoav about one month ago regarding the lack of photos/progress [they had just started glazing]. I said we had not seen any progress and presumably tiling was still outstanding as I assumed this would follow glazing. Yoav replied that glazing followed tiling and they had forgotten to send an invoice. In the words of the Diana Ross song, "I'm still waiting". We are supposed to take possession 12/16th September [SWB wanted to hand it over in August,but I don't fancy frying], so if I don't hear anything further by the end of this month I'll put a rocket up their backsides as I will be distinctly unimpressed if it's not ready when we go there.

Arthur [C34]

rocky

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 255 in Discussion

jakki with the credit squeeze and low activity in sales it is my own view that many developments may not be finished for sometime. I remember Spain in the late eighhties. The development opposite could be protracted but I dont know perhaps it is worth visiting the web site to see how many remain for sale. Regarding my own at SWB the contract states the next stage payment is due this July but obviously they cant ask for it yet I dont think they have completed all the work for the last payment made in April. I thought it should be plastered for the third payment it aint yet and I am not sure what the stage payments are as the contract is not that specific.

davidoff

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 255 in Discussion

Hi rocky,

The norm with off plan developments all over the world is that it consist of possibly 3 or 4 stage payments for example: reservation/1st stage payment, next payment at foundation stage, next payment due at roof level and final payment upon completion.

Normally at each of these stages you will be issued with a site engineer report declaring the stage of build and that an inspection has been done also and the developer will ask you for your next payment.

But saying that I dont know what your contract for swb states regarding payments and stages as it may be different?

Hope this helps.

take care d

mint1955

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 255 in Discussion

On SWB website it says.....

1000 GBP Reservation deposit per property

20% minus deposit within 14 days of contract

20% completion of foundations

20% completion of concrete and brickwork shell

20% completion of tiling

20% keys handover

The site opposite that looks like a ghost town we believe it to be a SANTE FE development that has gone bust!! We got that info when we were out there.

Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 255 in Discussion

Thnks guys and gals yes those details are in my contract but I still dont understand what constitues the completiion of each stage. Does tiling mean all internal and external for example?. I made stage No 3 payment in April yet the outside walls are still brick and block so should it have been plastered before the payment?.

norths4me

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 255 in Discussion

Tiling means everything, walls floors and in our contract it also states the kitchen must be complete as well

We paid our 3rd payment once the shell was complete inclusive of all plastering

norths4me

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 255 in Discussion

Sheila

The site opposite us is Turtle Bay Beach and the builders are Santa Fe.

Apparently the people purchasing there have been told that the company have had to pull out to finish other sites first and will be back to to complete at a later date.

I hope so

jakki

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 255 in Discussion

SWB have not yet sent us an Invoice (despite asking them to do so) for the penultimate payment 'payable upon completion of the windows, doors, plumbing and electrical wiring' - we'll give them a gentle reminder towards the end of the month.

jakki

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 255 in Discussion

Just read norths4me's post - I hope so also - really don't a view of a scene from Rambo for too long!!!

rocky

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 255 in Discussion

I have had an E Mail from Yoav after querying the completion date on my property in Phase 3. He has confirmed that they will not meet the November 08 date but expects December or January so it looks like 09 to me.

rocky

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 255 in Discussion

Is anyone completing in August??

rocky

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 255 in Discussion

not many takers for August then how about september, just watch the postings now

davidoff

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 255 in Discussion

Hi rocky,

I think Im November- does that help??

take care d

jakki

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 255 in Discussion

Hi - We're September hoping for the 12th - although no confirmation as yet. My Arthur sent Yoav an e-mail yesterday relating to the same and to advise him that we still have not had an Invoice for the penultimate payment - at the time of writing - still no response - so frustrating particularly when time is going by quite quickly now. I can't remember if Andrew is away in NC for one or two weeks - can't wait for news!!!!!!!!

sweep

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 255 in Discussion

ROCKY yes i am completing in sept hopefull if all defects are complete also my parents are on the same date, double whammy!

rocky

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 255 in Discussion

Hey thats three completions in september things are moving fast

rocky

Message Posted:
25/07/2008 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 255 in Discussion

Friday evening July 25 I cannot get into SWB website any others havng probs

jakki

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 255 in Discussion

Just a quick up-date - recently heard from Yoav that things are looking good and that our villa is still on track to be finished by the 20th August.

lobylud

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 255 in Discussion

My apartment is also supposed to be ready by the end of September but I'd rather it wasn't now due to the fact we won't be using it after that this year and I will have to pay the final two installments.

I'd rather keep the money invested and have it finished later in early 2009.

As anybody seen the other posts on the electric charges ?

They seem extremely high when no one is there !

What about the satelite dishes, what's the latest on them ?

sweep

Message Posted:
29/07/2008 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 255 in Discussion

what are the charges for the apt ie elec,council tax does anybody know exactly how much we will have to fork out each month even if you dont go there.

jakki

Message Posted:
30/07/2008 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 255 in Discussion

I think that in relation to the satelite dishes, room is available on the rooftops of properties to enable a small dish to be installed without everybody having to see such an ugly thing sticking out. I have read on other threads that electric and taxes are high in NC. Should we start a new threat and ask specifically for such charges, many Brits reside out there permanently, or perhaps SWB residents already residing out there could read this and advise us.

andysue

Message Posted:
30/07/2008 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 193 of 255 in Discussion

hi everyone, had fab time in north cyprus , to be honest i didnt want come home! jakki, john, davina,richard,alex,kelly ive got pics to e-mail you all but please bare with me i will have to get my computer boffin nigeal to come over from southport to do it for me ! ill ring him in morning. im not posting anything on this open forum about our site or anything relateing to it ive met mike armstrong and had good two hours with him. please e-mail me and ill give you all a update. regards andrew

jakki

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 194 of 255 in Discussion

Well done Andrew - can't wait to hear your news!!!!

mint1955

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 195 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Andrew,

I have sent my details as I would love to hear the update on both the site and your meeting with RMS. Plus any photos of course

Sheila&Phil C41

lobylud

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 196 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Andrew and Sue,

Nice to hear you had a great time in NC.

I've sent you my e-mail address and look forward to looking at the photos and hearing all the latest news.

john.

homebird

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 07:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 197 of 255 in Discussion

Hi to all,

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading all the info you have all been posting over the last few months - its been a great way to learn what has been going on, so thank you all for that - we are phase 2 and buying one of the penthouse appartments, and judging by the photos its looking near completion, and we are really looking forward to it being ours.

after reading andysue's post, we would be interested to hear how your meeting went with Mike Armstrong, so would appreciate a quick e-mail from Andrew if that is possible, Thanks Anne

mint1955

Message Posted:
02/08/2008 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 198 of 255 in Discussion

Welcome Anne,

Pleased to see another buyer on here. I am sure Andy will give you his update soon.

I was out there a few weeks back and its looking really great and after talking to Andy things are moving on a pace.

If you want to email me direct for a natter just click on my name on the left.

Sheila&Phil C41

loraine

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 199 of 255 in Discussion

Come on now ,let's be honest about this , we personally were told we would be in for May of this year, after our visit in Feb, and still it goes on and on

We are losing money daily on storage because of this. All has been a

let down for us When we do move in we want the facilities , we would have purchased a caravan if we wished for the gypsy life

So don't believe all you hear ,the powers that be SWB just cannot put a date to

anything Maybe when the water pours out of our taps ,the electric light glows

and the last mixer machine has left the site,

Maybe then we will start to believe we are coming to the end of the saga of

SWB.

We really hope so, lets just keep our fingers crossed and support Arthur &

Dorothy also Keith and Moira ,these are the people that we should listen to,

At least you'll hear it as it is.

jakki

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 200 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Loraine -

I can understand your frustration - I am guessing your contract states that completion should have taken place on the 31st May 2008 but SWB have four calendar months grace period. Did you really have a personal written guarantee that your place would be ready? We should all be wary when it comes to electricity and water connections, I for one will not be holding my breath, SWB only have to provide temporary infrastructure facilities 'in the event that the final infrastructure is delayed due to reasons that are not under the vendor's control'

loraine

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 201 of 255 in Discussion

When we signed for our property we signed a contract that we have upheld

we expect the other parties to respect the same,

What is in our contract remains personal to us , yours could well be different

and that is the problem that is running around the complex.

Maybe some have been given free air con ect. ect. ect. I'm sure you understand where I am coming from.

It's all down to the individual on the contracts made at the time.

I think you mean well, but I'm afraid you seem a little towards SWB .

I will tell you this , there is nothing in my contract about temporary infrastructure

in the event of delays.

Also I'm sure every purchaser would welcome news coming out of SWB so

they can plan and decide on decisions to be made in regard to shipping ect.

Remember most purchasers looking forward to a May of this year have

had to sacrifice because of delays.

rocky

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 202 of 255 in Discussion

Loraine even builds in this country, Spain and others are delayed and in this financial climate we should be thankful that SWB still appears to be proceeding. I am still waiting for my builder at home to finish off the odds and ends he left the site in Feb!! Lets be patient a few more pounds for storage of furniture probably means that you are renting. I am sure there are some super rental deals available at the moment and your new property will be ready within the grace period and it will be brand new well nearly.

jakki

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 203 of 255 in Discussion

Loraine

I don't understand what you mean by "a little towards SWB". The fact is that we have been as critical as anyone else, particularly regarding the lack of communication from SWB on infrastructure charges, completion delays etc. Our property was supposed to be ready by the end of May likewise, and from the photos Andrew has sent, ours still has some way to go. We have been told our property will be ready by 20th August, but we will not come over for completion until 11th September [our choice as we had been asking for semi fixed dates forcompletion since the beginning of April]. As for temporary infrastucture, it's in our contract under clause 6 [i.e. early in the document]. I don't believe the vendor would not include a clause absolving him from responsibility if electricity and water connections were beyond his control. I appreciate that you are no doubt renting, and it is far easier for us as this will be our holiday home, and we are not waiting to take occupation to have somewhere to live.

rocky

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 204 of 255 in Discussion

who is Lorraine? which plot is she buying? why are there no complaints from the Phase One buyers or were these agents/speculators?

mint1955

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 205 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Rocky,

Not sure about SWB but phase one of a build is quite often just the laying out of the site, the show plots etc Then the next phases are the sales ones in stages. So maybe no one is moving in until phase 2?

Lorraine I am a little confused as to why we have to "support Arthur &

Dorothy also Keith and Moira ,these are the people that we should listen to,

At least you'll hear it as it is."

I havnt seen any of them on the forum asking for help so not sure what support they are looking for?

Sheila

jakki

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 206 of 255 in Discussion

Re : Insurance Quotes -

Unfortunately I have mislaid the quotes given by RMS but as I remember they were quite reasonable. Another member kindly gave me details of a broker called Steve Dickinson apparently he comes out and examines the villa (structure) pool and contents his tel. no. is 0542 873 1231 anyone heard of him?

Best wishes - Jackie

mint1955

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 207 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jakki,

Always worth a second quote let us know what they say. I would forward RMS papers but am at work at the moment maybe mail Mike and get him to resend for you.

Sheila

jakki

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 208 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Sheila -

Don't worry about sending the paperwork, it's here somewhere!!! Will keep you advised about quotes. Thanks - Jackie

jakki

Message Posted:
11/08/2008 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 209 of 255 in Discussion

Hi all -

Thought that I'd bring this one closer to the top as it was lingering on page 5 - with only nine days to go before our villa is ready - still haven't received the penultimate invoice (tiling as SWB call it) - Andrew kindly sent us a picture of our villa when he was over in NC a couple of weeks ago, not much had happened to it since our visit in February - ah well but we did notice the addition of an exterior wall!!!!!

mint1955

Message Posted:
11/08/2008 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 210 of 255 in Discussion

When are you going over Jakki? Last time I had a mail from Edith things are really moving and she was talking about white goods and cleaners have been booked etc.

Sheila

jakki

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 211 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Sheila - we are going out on the 11th September and hope to complete on the 12th. I did get an e-mail from Edith a couple of weeks ago informing me about the cost of the granite worktop. Haven't heard anything since. We have always been informed that the villa would be ready by 20th August, however, it isn't convenient for us to be in NC at that time.

Jackie

mint1955

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 212 of 255 in Discussion

I bet you are so excited next May seems forever away.

Out of interest how much are the granite worktops for the villas?

Sheila

jakki

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 213 of 255 in Discussion

I think that once Christmas is out of the way - May will come quicker than you think. The granite worktops are £880. Sheila if you were me would you start taking things out there? You know bedlinen, lamps etc. We will be staying at The Malpas because beds will have to be ordered but I want to make a start and put own stamp on things.

Jackie

mint1955

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 214 of 255 in Discussion

If it were me I would be working out just how much I could get in "his" suitcase plus as much extra as possible.

I know you can buy everything you need over in NC but we all have our favorites so I know I will be taking a lot of stuff with me.

Sheila

jakki

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 215 of 255 in Discussion

Thanks Sheila - my thoughts exactly!!!!

jakki

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 216 of 255 in Discussion

Thought we'd bring SWB back to the front page. Our property is supposed to be complete by 20th August yet haven't been invoiced for tiling yet. Perhaps it's a good job that we didn't take them at their word and go out there in August, we visit 11th-17th September. Anyone else visiting at that time?

norths4me

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 217 of 255 in Discussion

12th October for 2 weeks staying at TBV

cyprus4us

Message Posted:
17/08/2008 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 218 of 255 in Discussion

We are going out on the 12th Sept. for 3 weeks. Hope to complete on 16th or 17th. Cant wait. Hope to see you there.

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 219 of 255 in Discussion

New photos on Sweetwater Bay website. Does anyone have any news?

Sheila&Phil

jakki

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 220 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Sheila & Phil - just seen the new pics!! We have no news - apart from the fact that our villa will not be ready by tomorrow!!

jakki

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 221 of 255 in Discussion

Hi cyprus4us - I note from your profile that you are from Essex also - are you nearby?? We are Leigh on Sea. I also note that you are purchasing C31 - your villa has been ready for ages hasn't it.

Best wishes - Jackie

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 222 of 255 in Discussion

Even more new photos tonight although not sure c39 has the correct photo of its kitchen unless the plan has changed it looks more like an apartment layout to me.

We now have 2 pictures yippee

Sheila&Phil C41

cyprus4us

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 223 of 255 in Discussion

Yes Jackie we are fairly near you, Canvey Island. We could have completed in July but it wasnt convenient so asked for new date, 17th Sept. Its been a long time, cant believe its actually happening now.

jakki

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 224 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Sheila & Phil - Congratulations!! - your villa is really coming along isn't it. I think you're right about the photos on C39 - the kitchen is nothing like the one you'll find in a villa - Cyprus4us where are you staying in NC? - Jackie

ps. I also see that Rocky's place is coming along.

cyprus4us

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 225 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jakki, we r staying in afriends apartment at Chelsey Village for a week, then hopefully move into C31 for 2 weeks. What about you?

jakki

Message Posted:
19/08/2008 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 226 of 255 in Discussion

We'll going over on the 11th and returning early on the 17th. We're staying at The Malpas Hotel. Our property was supposed to be ready tomorrow - well that's not happening and we just received a revised date (about an hour ago) with completion looking to go ahead between 15th and 30th September!!!!!! This is further compounded by SWB originally planning to fit baths when our contract and our e-mails have always referred to 'wet-rooms' but we have to say that Yoav has gone out of his way to try and sort things.

rocky

Message Posted:
22/08/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 227 of 255 in Discussion

so its nearly september how many actual completions so far

jakki

Message Posted:
22/08/2008 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 228 of 255 in Discussion

Showing my age, dare I say as many as Freddie Titmus' toes.

Arthur

mint1955

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 229 of 255 in Discussion

I just have to ask who is Freddie Titmus?

Anyone know if JacK is back yet and is there any news from onsite?

It seems forever since we were out there.

If anyone is going out soon please could you take a photo of C41 for us.

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 230 of 255 in Discussion

Fred Titmus can be googled!! he was a cricketer for Middleswex and England a bowler I think with a reduction in toes. Who on earth is Jack can he be googled?

rocky

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 01:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 231 of 255 in Discussion

whoops cant spell Migglesex

jakki

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 232 of 255 in Discussion

For those who don't know, Freddie Titmus was a spin bwler for Middlesex and England. He lost a considerable number of toes in an accident with a speedboat in the West Indies whilst on a cricket tour for England. Miraculously, he was able to resume his career, and played first class cricket well into his forties.

jakki

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 233 of 255 in Discussion

We have enquired with Edith and RMS (but waiting for a reply) regarding the fitting of a key system so that the electrics in the villa can only work whilst the property is occupied. Obviously we want to avoid a situation where friends have used the villa and we are left with a huge electricity bill from the air conditioning being left on all the time. Has anyone else enquired about this, and if so, what was the likely cost?

rocky

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 234 of 255 in Discussion

Jakki can the electronic system work on all doors coz one can access and leave the C type villas throught he door from the terrace??

jakki

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 235 of 255 in Discussion

What we meant was a system like you find in most hotels.

rocky

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 236 of 255 in Discussion

Yes Jakki I know the system but can it work on all entrances do you know? or does it work only on the main door?

jakki

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 237 of 255 in Discussion

The idea is to have a panel just inside the front door into which the key [or at least a plastic card] has to be inserted before power comes on. Logically it can only be inside the front door.

rocky

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 238 of 255 in Discussion

so if one enters and exits through the first floor door then the electrics and air cin can be left on? it was this thought that made me think the single door system was a no goer

jakki

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 239 of 255 in Discussion

Re : Insect Repellent

We all know that Andrew has suffered terribly with bites he received on a fishing trip - there has been a lot of talk about insect repellent on this forum with Avon's So Soft being the favourite - just checked on Avon's website - it is currently on sale at half price - I haven't tried it myself, but I have placed an order - just thought I'd let you know.

Jackie

jakki

Message Posted:
24/08/2008 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 240 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Rocky,

The idea is that unless you go in through the front door, and put the key card in the electric panel, none of the power will operate. Therefore if you enter through any other entrance, no power will be on.

As an accountant, that appeals to me!!!

rocky

Message Posted:
25/08/2008 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 241 of 255 in Discussion

Jakki re insect repellant there has been much debate on the avon product previously but apparantly when people have gone out there many use the local product called VAPE.

rocky

Message Posted:
25/08/2008 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 242 of 255 in Discussion

Jakki if one closes the main door with the electricity on I guess one can leave and return through the upstairs door leaving AC and electrics on if it is not wired into the system??

jakki

Message Posted:
25/08/2008 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 243 of 255 in Discussion

Not certain- just want to have some options that stop the power being left on whilst property is empty.

jakki

Message Posted:
26/08/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 244 of 255 in Discussion

Rocky is this VAPE available at supermarkets/chemists??

Has anyone heard from RMS lately? Are they on holiday or something?

rocky

Message Posted:
26/08/2008 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 245 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jakki I guess VAPE is widely available if the locals use it,When I go out later in the year I intend to try it Of course then the little bighters may be in hibernation. Perhaps someone could advise when the biting season is. Not sure where you buy but chemists & supermarkets make sense to me.

lobylud

Message Posted:
26/08/2008 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 246 of 255 in Discussion

Hi everybody,

Just got back from NC after a two week holiday, Stayed at the Bellapais Monastery Village, really nice hotel and the the food there is fantastic.

SWB is coming along at a rapid rate now, our apartment went from being basically a shell to the floor laid and floor tiles put down in just a few days.

I thought there would be no way to finish by the end of Sept. but with a month to go they won't be far off and ours is the least finished.

The communal areas have really progressed with being not far off just needing the internal fittings ie the bar, jaccuzi, gym equipment etc. to complete that side of things.

The internal pool though probably needs a rethink. At the moment it's an outside pool with a tiny internal bit, not great if you want to swim inside in the winter periods.

Met Mike Armstrong of RMS and had a long frank talk with him. He came across as knowledgeable and keen for the project to succeed. I told him until proved otherwise he has my support.

Somebody mentioned the electric turnoff when you leave the property. Andy of SWB has already sourced a firm who will fit one of these at a price. Apparently they can be programmed to leave the fridge/freezer etc. on when you leave and everything else not required turns off. What happens to property with more than one exit will have to be answered by somebody else.

Also bath screens and shower cubicles are also being trialed.

I don't normally get bitten but this time I had bites all over and my wife who always gets bitten escaped scot free. The stuff I used from home didn't stop the bites or give relief from scratching.

I took lots of photos but it is difficult to match up other peoples properties but ask if you want them forwarding on.

Loby.

rocky

Message Posted:
26/08/2008 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 247 of 255 in Discussion

welcome back Loby I thought you had been quiet. You seem to be bouyant after your trip thats good we need the positve vibes. Many people have gone quiet no doubt there will be loads of news with many completions expected next month. with the photos you took can you identify the plot numbers? with the bites did you try this stuff called VAPE?

jakki

Message Posted:
27/08/2008 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 248 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Loby and welcome back!! Rocky is right, it is great to hear 'positive vibes'. We have eaten at the Bellapais, food is very good and can't forget the gin and tonics at sunset!! Anyway, if you could forward pictures, when you get some time, you know we're all waiting!!

Jackie

rocky

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 249 of 255 in Discussion

loby your name is in lights thanx to me on the top 14 restuarants thread

lobylud

Message Posted:
28/08/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 250 of 255 in Discussion

I will forward on pictures when I have some more time, haven't stopped since I've been back, so will try to do it at the weekend.

Didn't try VAPE so don't know what it's like.

What I did though was spray my skin with some stuff till my wife told me it was supposed to be sprayed into the room. oops.

Now that I'm famous rocky, will you still talk to me ?

Be aware that there are quite a few speed camera's in the built up area on the way to Tatlisu. Also remember that the signs are in kilometres and your speedo will be probably be in miles per hour. I couldn't understand why cars were slowing down to a crawl till I remembered.

Somebody told me if you get flashed they get you on your next entry to NC .

jakki

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 251 of 255 in Discussion

Any news on SWB in general? We fly out Thursday week [11th]. Still don't know whether the tiling will be complete, let alone the property as a whole.

We hope [& think] it will all be worth it in the end, but the delays, and more importantly the lack of information is becoming increasingly frustrating.

mint1955

Message Posted:
31/08/2008 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 252 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jakki,

Just noticed the home page for SWB has new photos on it but no new ones on the individual pages.

I hope you have a great time when you are out there would you be able to take a photo of anything new happening at C41 please.

Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 01:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 253 of 255 in Discussion

Hi Jakki have a great time in NC. Be careful as there will be several removal vans moving everyones belongings in. Tomorrow is September 1st, the 4 months are up now are we all getting exited? Many people are not posting now so come back baywatchers lets get some positve stuff on this thread.

jakki

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 254 of 255 in Discussion

Rocky- the four months is actually the end of September [1st May was only on the SWB website, not, I think, in contracts]

Regards

Arthur

jakki

Message Posted:
01/09/2008 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 255 of 255 in Discussion

New pics on SWB site (individual units)!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.