North Cyprus Tourist Board - Looking to purchase an apartment in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Looking to purchase an apartment in TRNC

Looking to purchase an apartment in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

Flossy

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

Hi to everyone

I am a new member to this forum. I will be visiting the TRNC this week to look at buying an apartment. My husband and I have decided to take a trip to this beautiful part of Cyprus. We are currently in the South. I have done some research on the internet and like the look of Turquoise Bay and Turtle Bay Village in Esentepe. If any one has purchased from these sites please could you give us an insight into any pitfalls we may encounter (i.e.) are the developers and management companies there reputable. It does seem to be a bit of a mind field buying there, so all guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you Flossy

stevie-d

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

I can highly recommend Donaghy&Beyler opposite Astro supermarket in Girne.

They will give you expert advice.

stevie-d

rtddci

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Flossy,

Be very, no, extremely careful before buying property in the North especially anything that is not completely finished, connected to water and electricity with a meter and the owner has the title deeds in their name. Just browse this forum to read the many many tales of woe. Visit http://www.hbpg-trnc.net (home buyers pressure group) and http://www.brstrnc.com (British Residents Society) AND pay them a personal visit BEFORE you agree to anything property wise and get their advice. I'd like to tell you about trusting advocates, estate agents and the legal system. I'm afraid I can't. Enter the names of the sites you like in the Google search box at the top of the page to see what has been discussed about them. Even if positive comments bare in mind my first piece of advice re completed, electricity etc.

Martin

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Flossy

Pay heed to rtddci's advice.

I can recommend you look at the website http://www.northerncyprusproperties.co.uk for some background info on buying in North Cyprus. If you go on to speak to Peter at this site you will find him extrmely knowledgeable. He was a UK dentist who now resides in NC. Other people on the site will also make their recommendations.

Good luck

Mark

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

Hello Flossy

and Welcome! If you are looking in North Cyprus you are obviously discerning people with impeccable taste!

Have Emailed you off-forum

All the best

Jo

valentineremovals@hotmail.com

Flossy

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Thank you, i will put them on my list to visit.

Flossy

denali2007

Message Posted:
13/05/2008 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

We have an apartment on the Seaterra site at Esentepe, and although the company are not perfect, they are one of the better ones to deal with. Also, the site is finished, and there is an owners forum which is very active and works hard to improve the process of buying and maintaining the properties. There are a couple of apartments for sale on there at the moment and you would do well to view them and perhaps one or two of the fully furnished ones also. I am sure the company - based in Girne - would be pleased to arrange this for you.

I have looked t the Turtle Bay and Turquoise Bay complexes and feel that the Seaterra site is better laid out and has better overall views - only my opinion, so please don't jump on me Turtle Bay/Turquoise Bay owners.

You do have to be careful as has been said - get yourself a good Lawyer and do your homework whoever you buy from.

Good luck, and enjoy.

batterboy58

Message Posted:
14/05/2008 00:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Get in touch with Wendy at http://www.northcypruspropertyadvisory.com she will help you by accompanying you on visits to complexes and give you ideas that you would not necessarily think of. We found her help invaluable, there is no pressure and no fee charged and no obligation. We bought on Seaterra Bay.

John

slimboy62

Message Posted:
14/05/2008 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Flossy

I am speaking as an owner on Turtle Bay Village and can only speak as I find - brilliant builder - greatly satisfied with apartment - finished early - think site will be great when completed - only down was the landscaping taking a bit longer then planned - but when builders are finished on site approx June/July then I am sure all will pick up and everyhting will then fall into place. This site is only 15mins from Kyrenia so is pretty central and it has its own shop on site. Also 5mins from new Golf Course and is quite near to Esentepe village. Please visit and make up your own mind but we are more then happy.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
14/05/2008 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

My husband and I agree with what Slimboy says. All the best

Flossy

Message Posted:
14/05/2008 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your valuable information, i will be in TRNC later today and have taken notes on all your advise. Will make sure i do a lot of research before buying. Thank you all, and will let you know how i got on when i return.

Flossy

wacky01

Message Posted:
14/05/2008 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

Flossy,

I have bought an apartment from Boray at Kucuk Eronkoy near Essentepe, walking distance to the proposed new marinia.

Apparently there are still 14 apartments left for sale. They have all been built, only waiting for the new owners to choose kitchen and bathroom fitting to suit their own taste.

The quality of the build is excellant, they are worth a look.

http://www.borayestates.com

Happy hunting.

Chris

Nunu1

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 01:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Flossy, I would recommend Meridies estate agents in Karakum very friendly and professional! They have a website http://www.meridieshomes.com ask for Sophie Butcher. I would recommend taking a look at the Palm bay view site it is very impressive!

Good luck!

Nunu1

maggie

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Flossy, I would recommend Fikri Terkan Construction, they are a long standing builder. They have really good apartments, very spacious and are very reputable, I know a lot of people who have bought off them, including myself, even the locals buy off him. Any problems they rectify them right away, if you need any more information contact Margaret.Hushon@Kier.co.uk

Infinity

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

I have to agree with Flossy, the apartments and customer service provided by Boray developments and estate agency is second to none, before you buy any property have a look at Boray's developments this will give you an excellent guide line on what to expect for your money and the type of quality in materials, build and size of apartment you should be looking for from other developers.

info@borayestates.com 00903928222919

Regina

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

Hi I am new to the site and have been looking at the new apartments Off plan for the Esentepe Golf Apartments Construction Co Sevilla anyone know much about them or the prospective site ? .... The Villas are completed thus far, I liked the look of the apartments as they are smaller blocks 2 garden apartments at the bottom and a Penthouse on the top...

Just like to know if anyone knows about these and if they are in a prime spot... most have been sold some still left...they would be a good investment I feel.

Obviously close to the Golf Course which I have heard a lot of Good comments About so far...

;0)

Cheers Regina

hammer

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

Hi I am selling my 3bed garden apartmentat at sea terra Bay. it has a great outlook of mountains and the sea about 50 mtrs away with unobstructed views of both. email me if any interest

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Regina,

Sevilla are a really nice company and they are really very helpful - I have worked for a property company and dealt with them frequently - Sinan the owner and Birgul the lady in the office - really nice people. They are a good buy and great value for location - they are located on the mountain side of the road, and behind the villas they have built, but still on a slightly elevated site, and far enough away from the road. It is literally two mins drive from golf course. Ground floors are £49k and top floor one is £65k. If you want to see more then you can paste this browser.

http://www.propertyclubinternational.net/property-index.asp?Project=222

TheSaints

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

Fikri Terkan Construction have some very good properties with excellent quality finish and in good locations. I am passing on this recommendation as they were recommended to us and we bought from them. They have an excellent reputation and are very good and quick if you want any changes making to the propery prior to purchase as we did.

snakes

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

Flossy ! talk to Kaz at North Coast Estates Girne ! I spoke to him last week about apartments he has that are amazing value for money and very well built and a great location ! sea and mountain views etc

Wiser

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

My mother has a large 130m2 3 bedroom apt master with en-suite situated in Alsancak with communal pool for sale for £48,000. Village and all amenities within walking distance, also 4 minute walk from main bus route to Girne.

PIPIE

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

Strange this post , if you look at dates posted ? i'm confused

perfectpete

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Flossy,

If im not mistaken Imperial Construction have turkish title apartments in lapta. A friend of mine has just been over looking to buy but decided to upgrade to one of their bungalows. I think the website is http://www.imperialcyprus.com

Good Luck and be careful!!!

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

Before buying please look at the HBPG website: http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/

If you are in TRNC please come along to the HBPG surgery every tuesday at the Pia Bella Hotel, Girne 12-3pm for help and advice

Sibel

PIPIE

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Still cannot understand why today's postings look at the dates everyone !!!!!confused .

fazo1

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

Hi flossy if still intrested my friend has built appartments in esentepe over the road from turtalbay village he has 2 bed penthouses and 3 bed ground floor finishes are verry high standerds and he is also offering 50 % mortgages fixed at 5% over 10 years you would be verry impressed

rtddci

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

PIPIE

Desperate times it appears..........

PIPIE

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

rtddci .

Ah!!! that explains the posts then . Having said that i do know of an apartment that is for sale that comes free with a Granny , up to date walking stick and a 20 year old cat !!!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.