North Cyprus Tourist Board - I Love It Here, Let Me Know If You Do Too!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > I Love It Here, Let Me Know If You Do Too!!

I Love It Here, Let Me Know If You Do Too!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 71 in Discussion

I am fairly new to the T.R.N.C (and to Cyprus44) and I have been having a great time roaming around exploring and meeting new friends but during my first few visits onto this website I encountered quite a bit of negativity. This negativity seemed to come from one or two regular members who seem to make it their mission to bring others down. I invite all you happy North Cyprus residents who love this place as much as I do to share some of your positive experiences here with me. I must stress, I am strictly looking for happy positive people only please. All you doom and gloom merchants (you know who you are) can stay well away!!

NB xx

Quarmby

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 71 in Discussion

If you only want to listen to good things and not face reality I suggest you go and join the 'Happy Clappy Board'

everon

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 71 in Discussion

merhaba, NoveltyBubble, I love it here! "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands !!!!!!!!!!! xx

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 71 in Discussion

One or two regular memebrs? I think more than that. Maybe your bubble will burst one day when you have been there long enough. Thought you knew where you were not wanted you said so yourself last Friday on another thread where you throwing a strop.

parkview

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 71 in Discussion

WE LOVE IT, TRNC is not without its problems but tell me where is - Shangrila? people forget why they came in the first place, quality of life comes to mind.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 71 in Discussion

Big Al,I too love this Island.Had holiday home for 10years now retired here for over a year.

There are a lot of stupid moaning minnies,take no notice.

I'm sure there's so many more of us that love the climate,temperatures,well too cold at night now,maybe too hot for a month in the summer....what the hell you can virtually guarantee that.

Better than the weather back home.

Yes,officialdom can be frustrating,and there is some corruption.

Better than those robbing lying British MP's.

Enjoy a bottle of brandy at ca£3 a bottle,and meals out much cheaper than UK.

Flowers all year round,exotic fruit from your garden,2or3 crops of peas/beans a year.

Enjoy Al like I am doing

Mike

cooper

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 71 in Discussion

No matter where you maybe, Life's what you make it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvMoRVrqx_I

Cooper

walkerscott

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 71 in Discussion

ı have lıved all over the world and vısıted many other places and ı can tell you wıthout a shadow of a doubt that north cyprus ıs a lovely place to lıve.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 71 in Discussion

For those wanting to go back:

Most of UK under water because of flooding.Just seen News,my lovely town of Llangllen,the river Dee at it's highest.

Harriot Harman,Deputy Leader of the Labour Party,etc. Going to court after an accident.Crash,charged with dangerous driving,using a mobile phone,etc.She is a solicitor,and going to court v.Metropitan Police.

SHE is in charge of UK when Brown is away.

The debt of UK is the highest ever.

Enjoy UK

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
19/11/2009 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 71 in Discussion

Harriet Harman will be prosecuted for allegedly driving without due care & attention and driving while using a hand held mobile phone in relation to an incident on 3rd July 2009 (she bumped another car) A spokeswoman said "Ms Harman strongly refutes the allegations & will deny the charges".

She will apologise and say she played by the rules!!!

geronimo

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 71 in Discussion

Count us in, we LOVE it here and now into our fifth year!

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 71 in Discussion

Woodspeckie, I say hang her from the nearest tree..

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 71 in Discussion

Your bubble hasnt burst yet novelty but give it time.

There is much wrong with the Uk but there is an awful lot wrong here as well, I divide my time now and do not intend to die here, I will be off in the next couple of years.

nannycyprus

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 71 in Discussion

Hi. We Love it here. Been here 2 years on Christmas Day. Lovely people, lovely climate and I have lovely work colleages too. Hi to you all at Sunny Lane!! Oh, and I nearly forgot....What a social life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apples

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 71 in Discussion

NB, Sounds like a great start to your time in N/C. This thread is so refreshing as so many people are fed up with all the doom and gloom that we seem to see from the same old miserable trouble making faces.

Yes, many of us do understand that unfortunately some people have had a bad experience but s**t happens everywhere. We are coming over next week for a 6 week period and we can't wait, great weather, restaurants, people and a lot cheaper cost of living, doesn't sound does it !

stilluvithere

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 71 in Discussion

I have lived here for 7 years and I stilluvithere. Unlike some I have only encountered small problems which may p--- me off at the time but hey this is Cyprus. If any of the gloom and doom merchants can tell me where they KNOW life is perfect I wil pack my bags and go but that place doesn't exist

TinLondon

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 71 in Discussion

Despite coming from a NC background, I don't think I could ever settle in the TRNC, the UK may not be perfect but it’s stable and practical. I know many people who have tried to make the move from the UK to TRNC and have only survived for a few years at best. Having said that, it's obvious from this forum that many have made the move and are very happy, I think what it comes down to, is what you expect from life? If you have a simplistic outlook on life and it's just sun, sea and sand you’re after then NC is fine. Personally, I like to live in the real world and not be cut off from reality, I enjoy my morning rush to work, I like my internet, digital TV, electric and water supplies to be working everyday, driving to work shouldn't be like a live or die experience, my supermarket to stock everything I need at reasonable prices and I don't need to worry about being ripped off by every other individual. As they saying goes... 'it's not my cup of tea'

zanky

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 71 in Discussion

I have been here almost 14 years and still love it. Always something happening - never boring, great social life. Have just been back to UK for the first time in 2 years and people there are so miserable and trapped indoors. The UK is a young persons place if you have lots of qualifications and ambitions but so many have no chance to get anywhere. It is so money orientated everyone struggling to buy, buy, buy. Even children are not given time to just be kids they are pushed to achieve all of the time by schools and parents.

Rodzilla

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 71 in Discussion

Not to mention all the little mugs who think there from South Central or Harlem making it unsafe in the UK!

Deniz1

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 71 in Discussion

Me too i am very happy here some people have to moan i suppose but whatever makes them happy.

cooper

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 71 in Discussion

Us Brit's will always find something to moan at, its when we stop moaning youv'e got to worry )

hattikins

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 71 in Discussion

Love it, Love it, Love it, as with anywhere else it is not perfect but it's the closest I'll get to heaven this side of the pearly gates.

girne 29

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 71 in Discussion

Come on folks,

Its not about being negative about the UK and comparing it with NC.Its about what experiences you have had in NC compared to other places that make you decide its the best.

Apart from Mikelapta, no one has shared any of their positive experiences with Noveltybubble.

He wants to know what experiences have made you decide its great ,not just be told that it is.

You could say ,for example ,that eating out in NC is better than anywhere else that you have been too.Or that the climate is better than elsewhere, the beaches.the walk round the old town.

Or maybe a combination of things that in isolation are not the best in the world but when combined are.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 71 in Discussion

As most of the longer serving members on this board know, I have a passion for the TRNC and its people and I have had the privilege of living and working in a lot of other countries but the TRNC ticks all of the boxes for me. Nowhere is perfect and if you think the TRNC is corrupt then I will tell you now that the EU is corrupt, the UK is corrupt but the difference is between sophisticated corruption of which takes sometime to surface and basic corruption which everyone can see as it happens. There is not one country that I have lived and worked in where I have not encountered corruption.

AJ

stilluvithere

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 71 in Discussion

In that case, Find that apart from a small minority the Cypriots are warm and generous. It is great to be able to plan a bbq and for best part of 8 months a year know it isn't going to be rained off.

I get out of bed, make tea, go out to the patio, generally the sun is shing and I look south to the mountains and north to the sea.

The fresh vegetables from the market, taste as vegetables should.

The cost of housing, I don't know what my 3 bedroomed house in 1 donum with a swimming pool would cost in England but certainly a minimum of 3 times here.

Having a trip to the Karpaz and going back in time. To mention but a few of the things that make me happy to live here

girne 29

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 71 in Discussion

AJ

why mention corruption, its supposed to be positive experiences only.Share those experiences that have enabled you to tick all the boxes.

mamachina

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 71 in Discussion

I love getting up and seeing the sea and the mountains - sometimes a really blue sea, sometimes gray, but always lovely. I like the nice people, and thats all races here, not just Britis!! I like the fresh veg - not vacuum packed or from Kenya!! Fruit in season - so much nicer than all the year round! LOVELY potatoes - except when Im on a diet! Interesting folk around too! Great social life compared to the one we had in UK - we were getting really "stuck in the mud" - and hopefully less so now - I leave that to our friends to say! Yes, its great - we've had probs, but who hasnt?

apples

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 71 in Discussion

Congratulation NB you seem to have turned your original negative experiences of this forum around. It is good to see someone who won't let the miserable doom mongers grind them down as they have they done many times before and its always the same old face, NB I am glad to see that you will not be cyberbullied.

I also have have recently been using this forum again after stopping for a long while because every time I came on line and said how positive my experiences of N/C I was shouted down.

Fair play to you, keep it going

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 71 in Discussion

Hi there Guys and Gals.

I would like to say thanks to all the people who have written here about how much they love North Cyprus and shared their positive experiences with me and the rest of us. You have restored my faith in the Cyprus44 community after the 'moaning minnies' and 'doom mungerers' tried to bring me down to their way of thinking. Lets all keep sharing our happy times with eachother and drown out those few grumpy old sods who thrive on inflicting misery on others.

Together we can defeat them.

North Cyprus Rocks!!

NC x

waddo

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 71 in Discussion

As the saying goes "Ive been around a bit", bit of an understatement really but what the heck. Point is of all the places Ive been around in - this is the one for me. Just love the TRNC and its layed back, out of date, years behind, barter system, friendly people, lovely food, autistic drivers, blatantly bent laws, dodgy road systems, coffee shops that are safe, slow attitude to life, shortage of "that thing" you desperately need - then don't need at all once you have it, medical facility's, happy smiles and honesty!!! What I don't like is that I am finding it impossible to learn Turkish because of a hearing defect and old age that stops me remembering things - it is the only thing I would like to do now, be able to speak to local people in their own language and be correct and understood!

Different country, different climate, different people, different lifestyles, different food, different language and different everything else - course its not for everybody. It is for me!

crofter

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 71 in Discussion

Waddo.......our sentiments exactly. We have been here over 7 years now and never once have we wanted to leave. Now we have the icing on the cake as the family have followed and we have our grandaughter here.....who at 5 years old is fluent in Turkish, well as much as a 5 year can be! We all love the TRNC.

louthlass

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 71 in Discussion

In our 27th year here in the North, 31 on the island altogether. Last went to UK 10 years ago, never again. Very happy here. You'll find moaners wherever you go. They would complain wherever they lived.

measey

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 71 in Discussion

hi stillvithere.

nice to read some positive learning to dodge the doom and gloomers.

Hector

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 71 in Discussion

"You'll find moaners wherever you go. They would complain wherever they lived."

Have you actually read the terrible experiences of many on this forum? Ever wondered why there is a Home Buyers Pressure Group? I am genuinely really pleased for those that can live in the TRNC with nothing more than the minor hassles of life in general. I wish I was one of them.

measey

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 71 in Discussion

hi stillvithere.

nice to read some positive learning to dodge the doom and gloomers.

measey

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 71 in Discussion

quite right.

measey

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 71 in Discussion

hows hector

Troodo

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 71 in Discussion

They have taken my country away from me, I was once proud to be British.

The people here are fighting for theirs, and I am proud to stand with them.

Until they are daft enough to let in the EU that is.

Troodo.

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 71 in Discussion

TinLondon - message 17

I understand that you are from a Cypriot backround, I have read some of your previous posts & all that you seem to be doing is slating off NC. Why ? What is your problem? Why do you come over to NC?

Enjoying London life is fair enough I myself was born & brought up in London but never at any point did I speak badly of North Cyprus... Yes I agree that things are not perfect here and I am fully aware of the corruption that goes on.

I have been living here now for 3 years and yes we've had a few power cuts but never been without water & once you get to know where to eat & where to shop you will be pleasantly suprised..

There are pos & cons wherever we choose to live, for me NC is fine, crime rates are low, people are friendly, enviroment is great.

I would rather pay a few quid more in a supermarket than risk being robbed, shot or stabbed...

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 71 in Discussion

contd...

The thought of burglar alarms, car alarms, rape alarms and everything else thats goes along with living in such a wonderful city makes me feel sick..

Noboby actually speaks English in London anymore its becoming a second language!!

Also try & bare in mind the circumstances under which NC has been devoloping over the past 30 years, we have come along way and yes we have a long way to go, people like yourself & I need to help educate & support NC with the experience & knowledge we have been fortunate to aquire from London...

Constructive comments are always welcome

OldDogs

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 71 in Discussion

Length of Sentence ------------------ 8 years

Regrets --------------------------------- NONE

girne 29

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 71 in Discussion

noveltybubble

As you have only joined this forum a few days ago ,would in not be a good idea to wait a bit before talking about drowning out people.

Cyprus 44 is for everyone with a connection or potentially future connection with TRNC.If you dont believe that ,then might I suggest you join the Cyprus Forum where intolerance appears to be the rule.

I enjoy all posts positive and negative.Both tell me what to look out for.

I enjoy the to and fro with GC supporters

By the way I thought this thread was for people to share their good experiences only,So why so many negative posts about the reasons we hate our ex homeland and so few actual reasons why we like our new homeland. The thread was not "The Uk I hated it there,let me know if you did too" Some are correct ,we just cant help it, just got to moan and whine about something.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 71 in Discussion

waddo

Ref. message 30.

You and me are singing from the same hymn sheet.

AJ

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 71 in Discussion

Grumpy Old Man (Girne 29)

I just want to clarify that if people wish to say negative things about the UK to highlight the positive aspects of living in North Cyprus in comparison, then as the instigator of this thread I accept those comments whole heartedly.

As I said in the first message this thread is for happy positive North Cyprus residents only please, doom and gloomers not welcome so go and ruin someone elses fun. We are too happy, your wasting your time here pal.

Keep the TRNC dream alive people!

NB xx

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 71 in Discussion

Hector

' I am genuinely really pleased for those that can live in the TRNC with nothing more than the minor hassles of life in general. I wish I was one of them. '

Well your not so stay of my positive thread please Hector!

Havent you read the title of the the thread and the first message?

Keep your nose out of it sonny jim!

girne 29

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 02:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 71 in Discussion

mes 44

"I just want to clarify that if people wish to say negative things about the UK to highlight the positive aspects of living in North Cyprus in comparison, then as the instigator of this thread I accept those comments whole heartedly."

By all means do that ,but if ALL thats happening is that my country is being slagged INSTEAD of talking about NC then I can comment,

In 4 posts I cant find one positive experience from you about NC, so you should ask yourself the question "Havent you read the title of the the thread and the first message? " rather than Hector.

As you wish to moderate who says what on your threads.tho I think you should read the Forum rules ,I will happily agree with staying off your threads,please do me the same courtesy on any of my threads as you will then be " wasting your time here pal." so it would be better to "Keep your nose out of it sonny jim!

Oh and I aint your pal and Hector aint Sonny Jim. just as I am sure your name isnt Johnnycomelately

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 71 in Discussion

Lighten up Grumpy Old Man! Take a chill pill, do something anything just relax. Have you nothing better to do? Anyway who the heck is Johnnycomelately? Is that a joke because if it is I dont think Jimmy Carr has got anything to worry about ha ha!

Oh and what has it got to do with you what I call Hector? Is he your boyfriend or something? I think he is big enough and ugly enough to respond to me himself if he wants, dont you?

And as for me having not posted any positive experiences in 4 posts that is because I asked people to TELL ME THEIRS. "Havent YOU read the title of the the thread and the first message? " My plan was always to wait a few days, get some good vibes from people and then start telling people my own happy stories. All good things come to those who wait!

NB xx

apples

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 71 in Discussion

This is a really positive and fun thread except for one or two of the same old faces trying to spoil it for everyone else. H & G why don't you stay off this thread as you have not a good word to say as usual. There can only be one worse thing than putting up with your constant moaning on this site and that would be living with you.

Stop criticising NB he sounds a smashing guy who is still coming to terms with the sad loss of his wife recently.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 71 in Discussion

Hey,you Guys,wasn't the weather so lovely last few days?In the garden,having to water,bananas fruiting again.

Spring bulbs showing,seen daffodils in other gardens!!!

Waiting for 5 for nice glass of wine,and check what else has happened.

Now where else could this happen?

UK.....NAAAAAAAAAAA

Mike

Tatum1

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 71 in Discussion

I LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!

No intention of ever leaving ........... certaining don't miss the UK

britvic

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 71 in Discussion

I Love it their, wish I could get out more often. Today in the North East of England it is 8C I definitely know where I would rather be.

Vicki

Hector

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 71 in Discussion

http://cyprus44.com/forums/1661.asp

Have a look at a not unusual thread.

NB I'm concerned that you have sunk to being simply insulting.

"Oh and what has it got to do with you what I call Hector? Is he your boyfriend or something? I think he is big enough and ugly enough to respond to me himself if he wants, dont you?"

apples

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 71 in Discussion

you must admit NB is quite funny and the old fellow seems to have a good sense humour !

mikki09

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 71 in Discussion

Just childish

Why does everyone have to say these sort of things on here. So some people like it here and some people prefer the UK each to there own.

Yes there are alot of things I don't like about Cyprus but if you have decided to live here learn to put up with there ways if not go somewhere else. What I don't understand is that the people that have lived here for years seem to do nothing but moan about the country, so maybe this is there way to justify why they are here but really do not want to be but have no choice. Just a thought.

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 71 in Discussion

Hi Guys.

Just returned from a few days stay up the Karpaz. I drove all the way to Golden Beach and the Andreas monastery at the end. What an unspoilt paradise I have found in this island. My Bettie would have absolutely loved the place. I'm sure she was with me all the time. OK the guest houses I stayed were definitely a world away from the plush hotels my wife and I used to stay in on our travels but ever since she left this world I made a vow to get out there and embrace life and be at one with nature and the Karpaz is the closest I have come yet to feeling free and unburdened. What a beautiful place.

I am so so happy that I made the huge life changing decision to live in North Cyprus. This is the happiest I have been since my Bettie was taken from me. I am no spring chicken anymore but I wake up excited everyday about what I am going to see and experience next!

I'm loving it here in NC, let me know if you feel the same.

NB xx

nurseawful

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 71 in Discussion

NB,

I am glad that you had a good time in the Karpas it is lovely. What a nice man you are, your wife must have been very proud of you. I was almost in tears reading this.

I love it here as well we have been here 5 years miss the family sometimes but when we do see them it is quality time.

Wishing you a long and healthy life. Chris

mikelapta

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 71 in Discussion

Big Al,yes I reckon the Karpaz is a little bit of heaven.Not sure about that new harbour and complex.

Can imagine the Yellow Welliesclogging the little roads with their 4x4's.

I've just posted about the garden 1st.December..I just love it here.

Mike

simbas

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 71 in Discussion

Nearly in tears Chris , i was . What a lovely man !

simbas

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 71 in Discussion

Hi Big Al , i'm so glad you enjoyed the Karpaz , it really is raw and unspoiled as yet . We dont live in NC but we have a place in Bogaz , so it's not so far for us to travel when we just want a little peace and quite .

Enjoy your life in Nc Big Al , Simbas

Corbo

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 71 in Discussion

By the way how do you get to Karpaz from Lapta without using unpaved roads. I went the other year and got a puncture after a few miles in a hired car.

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 71 in Discussion

Thanks simbas, mikelapta & nurseawful for your lovely comments.

It's nice to see there are still some good people out there.

All the best

NB x

minertor

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 71 in Discussion

msg 60; Corbo. Girne, Lefkosia, Gazimagusa, Bogaz, Karpaz: motorway nearly all the way, boring but..., whatever suits.

Tony

Corbo

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 71 in Discussion

Thanks for that..boring or not, I'll go for that.

simbas

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 71 in Discussion

This is the way i use , Girne , turn right at Tatlisu and right again follow the sign to Magusa , over the mountain rd , at end , turn left , go right to end of rd {Iskele }, then turn left and follow the signs , almost a straight rd . Its a bit shorter too .

Good luck , Simbas

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
01/12/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 71 in Discussion

Corbo. I did the same 2 years ago I went the coast road, had to have a new wheel on the hire car.

Oilman

Message Posted:
02/12/2009 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 71 in Discussion

NoveltyBubble there are loads of moaners on this site but I guess it is the same bunch who'd be moaning if they were in the UK too. It is great here and if the people who moan really prefer sitting in traffic jams and having marauding yobs trampling over their lives maybe the UK is the best place for them?

the butler

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 71 in Discussion

Corbo.

Simbas is right, much nicer run going to Tatlisu and take the new road over the mountain. The roads are good now and it is definitely quicker as well as more picturesque this way.

The butlers wife

gardenmaker

Message Posted:
03/12/2009 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 71 in Discussion

i have been coming here for 26 years and living here for 7 i have been a TURKISH CYPRIOT national for 3 years say no more

NoveltyBubble

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 71 in Discussion

Another beautiful day in sunny Kibris! Aaah how I love this place.

Had my first Turkish pizza the other day.... yummy

NB x

nurseawful

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 71 in Discussion

Yes the sun is shining on us once more. I know we really need the rain, but health wise the sunshine is so much better for us all.

Hope you continue to enjoy life the way you are now NoveltyBubble.

You always make me appreciate the things that I take for granted reading your posts.

Chris

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
08/12/2009 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 71 in Discussion

Arriving there on Saturday but just looked at the weather forecast, heavy showers, looks like I am bringing my mac and umbrella, would you suggest my flippers too?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.