North Cyprus Tourist Board - Directions to Tektan please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Directions to Tektan please

Directions to Tektan please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

proger1

Message Posted:
20/11/2009 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Could someone please give me directions to Tektan from Catalkoy.

I have tried to follow the directions on previous posts but either I was once a commisioned officer in the armed forces and therefore had my map reading skills surgicly removed or I just don't know my way around Kyrenia enough yet.

I have seen directions around Pia Bella and down the high street to the crossroads but pleae forgive me, I need the idiots guide.

It would be very much appreciated, Thanks

Paul

ianwfs

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

On the assumption you mean the Tektan shop that does all the spares.

Go down the high street, and past the crossroads that I think you're talking about (Two jewelers and a bank on the corner). Continue down there for about another 4 or 500 yards and turn left into a narrow road. If you come across the Tektan retail shop on your right, you've gone about 50 yards too far.

The Tektan spares shop is about 50 yards along the road. It's set back, so you won't see it till you're on top of it.

You can drive there, but to be honest, if you don't know the area, it's probably best to park at the top of the high street and walk down.

phylray

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Go down the main street of Girne to Socrates, (I think) and turn left. It is on the left hand side a few yards up

proger1

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

When I say idiots guide, I really do mean idiots guide.

Which high street?

When I go past Karakum Lemar from Catalkoy I come to a large roundabout. Start from there, do I go straight or left.

When I mentioned the crossroads in my earlier post I was trying to point out that neither that or the high street reference meant much to me as I know several roads going into Girne but I don't know which one would be the high street and also I don't recall any crossroads that jump out of my memory.

Apologies for trying to be sarcastic when asking for help.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
21/11/2009 01:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Straight on from there. About a mile further on, just before the next roundabout there is a turning into a car park. Either go there and pay 2TL, (you might have trouble turning right, so you may prefer to do a U at the roundabout. We're only talking of about 50 yards), or take the third exit at the roundabout and follow that road down to the side of the castle and park for free but walk up a steep hill!!

The "High Street" is the 2nd exit off the roundabout. It's one way and only wide enough for one vehicle.

The crossroad I was referring to is about 300 yards down that road, about half way to Tektan.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.