North Cyprus Tourist Board - Moronic Hunters out in force(Karsiyaka)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Moronic Hunters out in force(Karsiyaka)

Moronic Hunters out in force(Karsiyaka)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Mindy

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I was siitting on the terrace this morning enjoying the lovely weather with my sister, she is here for a few days holiday, hunting going on nearby, when suddenly a very loud bang and pellets from a shotgun hit my sister in the back. I am so furious at this incident, my hubby ran to the ravine to let them know what they had done, but they went away sharpish. I called Police and they arrived quickly from Lapta. This is getting ridiculous now when it is too dangerous to sit outside, I also found a pellet on the kitchen work top which had come through the open window. My sister is ok but was a bit shocked to say the least, she had a raised red mark on her back. It could easily have been an eye.

Tootie

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Mindy, The same happened to me today. Its out of control!!

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/26575.asp

Tootie

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

We had similar a couple of years ago - my husband was reading a newspaper and a pellet went through it. The police were called, arrived, greeted the hunters like long lost friends and went away after telling the hunters to move on. Needless to say that they didn't but the Police had only gone around the corner and came back sharpish after hearing more shooting. This time the hunters did move on and we haven't had problems since.

Mindy

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Tootie

Wonder if anything will be done if a baby or toddler gets hit. As long as they have their few hours out being Rambo sod everyone else.

Tootie

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I've no idea.

From what I have heard this season so far, 1 hunter killed and several injured and they still dont give a rats ass. Im not anti hunting, It is a way of life from where I come from in the UK but I really think it needs to be better governed here!

Hector

Message Posted:
22/11/2009 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Gun handling & safety about as good as their driving!

girne 29

Message Posted:
26/11/2009 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

What do they hunt,cats, dogs or lizards?,cant see much else. The little birds havent enough meat on them to be worth hunting. Sorry ,meant killing.

For those bird lovers,the EU is taking a hand.Looks like ROC and others are realising that joining the EU has obligations, like protecting Europes bird life. Too many places think that because wildlife flies over or lands in their country ,the wildlife is theirs to do as they please.Maybe they killed bird was destined to land in my garden.

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=48974&cat_id=1

Hope I come back in the next life as Birdzilla the 50ft budgie,see if they like hunting so much when I sit on them.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.