North Cyprus Tourist Board - ebooks available to purchase written by kibrissibel
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > ebooks available to purchase written by kibrissibel

ebooks available to purchase written by kibrissibel

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Do you fancy reading a romantic comedy featuring Turkish Cypriot characters? Or a comedy-mystery? Why not buy one of my ebook novels and support a Turkish Cypriot novelist to raise awareness to the TRNC and the existance of Turkish Cypriots? Instant downloads to PCs, iPods, iPhones & ebook readers. My first novel, Fourteen Days Later, was shortlisted for the Harry Bowling Prize 2008 and received a Highly Commended by the Yeovil Literary Prize 2009.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Sibel Hodge

see this link for reviews and purchases http://stores.lulu.com/sibelhodge

racoonchic

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

ill have one as long as theres sex intrigue and a hero in there [shedding] his inhabitions.,;'[

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
04/12/2009 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Yes, it's got all of those things included and a lot more ;)

Pipie

Message Posted:
05/12/2009 01:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Well done Sibel !!!

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Thanks Pipie.

There are very few Turkish Cypriot writers, if any, who write commercial fiction for the women’s market. I'm taking a leaf out of Stephen King’s books and selling my comedy novels online as ebooks.

Sales of ebooks are rapidly increasing. With the demand for new technology we have the Blackberrys, iPhones, iPods, laptops and ereaders, which all support ebook download technology. We even have big companies like Amazon introducing a whole new website for their Kindle ereader range. Now you don’t just have to be tied to your PC to read an ebook, with our busy lifestyles you can read them on the run. They are also environmentally friendly, saving tonnes of paper. In fact, Stephen King is only selling his new novels online as ebooks.

cont...

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

I’ve always wanted to write women’s fiction. As a little kid, I was always scribbling stories. In the UK I was too busy in the rat race, paying the mortgage, to have enough time to actually concentrate on writing. But when I moved to North Cyprus three years ago, I finally had the time, peace, and the beautiful scenery to give me the inspiration I needed.

My first novel, Fourteen Days Later, is a romantic comedy with a unique infusion of British and Turkish Cypriot culture. I wanted to have Turkish Cypriot characters so I could bring awareness to North Cyprus and let the world know that Turkish Cypriots do actually exist. Unfortunately, there are not enough Turkish Cypriots with the medium and opportunity to do that. Hopefully, this is a way to get the message out to a global audience. And if my novels were picked up by a mainstream publisher to produce in paperback, the potential would be much higher.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Written in a similar style to Catherine Alliott and Marian Keyes, Fourteen Days Later is My Big Fat Greek Wedding meets P.S. I Love You. Everyone is aware of Greek characters from the successful film MBFGW, so why not promote Turkish Cypriots in the same way? I am planning to write a sequel set in North Cyprus. Fourteen Days Later was short listed for the Harry Bowling Prize 2008 and received a Highly Commended by the Yeovil Literary Prize 2009.

The Fashion Police is my second novel, and the ending is set up for a series of novels featuring insurance investigator, Amber Fox. I wanted a female character who was feisty and larger than life, yet, like many of us, was aware of her flaws. It is a screwball comedy-mystery, combining murder and mayhem with romance and chick-lit. Written in a similar style to Janet Evanovich, it is Myron Bolitar meets Bridget Jones.”

My novels can be downloaded from: http://stores.lulu.com/sibelhodge

Many thanks

malsancak

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

now at http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/2009/12/06/sibel-hodge-north-cyprus-author-of-the-fashion-police

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Thanks very much malsancak!

Sibel

http://stores.lulu.com/sibelhodge

malsancak

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

No problem kibrissibel, hopefully you'll go to the top

Mellie

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Sibel kindly let me read the first 3 chapters of her book 'Fourteen Days Later' and I have to say it was a really good book for the ladies (or gents) who like a good Chick Lit. It is well written and really funny, but I guess I will I have to buy the book to find out what happens in the end

Hope you do well with both your ebooks Sibel.

smithy

Message Posted:
06/12/2009 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Good luck Sibel worth the read

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
09/02/2010 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

New review of my novel, The Fashion Police

Hot Gossip Hot Reviews book blog is a fantastic blog for readers who are looking for the latest gossip on new authors, e-publishers, and indie work from small-press. The blog site also won Best Romance Review Blog 2009. They have recently done a review of my comedy-mystery novel, The Fashion Police. Here’s what they said:

“In this cleverly written Ebook By Sibel Hodge, the reader is taken on a variety of plot twists with a missing fashion designer, crazy mobster stalkers, and a police officer on the war-path. Sexy Amber Fox is on the case and it will take all her female wit and feminine ways to stay ahead of the game. The novel was entertaining and enjoyable. A recommend for anyone.”

You can check out Hot Gossip Hot Reviews here http://hotgossiphotreviews.blogspot.com/

For more reviews, previews, and purchases of The Fashion Police and my first novel, Fourteen Days Later, please see http://www.sibelhodge.com/

Happy read

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
09/02/2010 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Sibel: Who proof-read and/or edited 'The Fashion Police'?

I only ask; because, for some obscure reason, my 'E's' don't get through to your email address.

Please PM me if you're reluctant to 'air' the answer to my query!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.