North Cyprus Tourist Board - Flights from Manchester to Ercan
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Flights from Manchester to Ercan

Flights from Manchester to Ercan

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Triumphman

Message Posted:
29/12/2009 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Have been using Larnaca for the past 2 years but thought we'd try Ercan in 2010. Realise the time is longer with the stop over in Turkey but apart from that has anyone got any comments about using Ercan in preference to Larnaca, e.g. how are the flights, reliability, do you stay on the plane in Turkey, how long is the stop over. Also any avice on which airlines are best. Thanks Steve.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

From MAN only choice is KTHY. You will get better choice of service from Stansted with them and Pegasus.

Personally we use them whenever we return to England, which for me is rarely.

For us there is no difference, sat on tarmac in Turkey for up to an hour or sat in taxi for an hour travelling to Metehan.

Then of course there is the difference in flight cost between south and Ercan but add on the taxi cost from the south.

Also depend on number travelling. If 4 people, especially including ankle biters then it may work out cheaper to fly to south.

Whatever, I will not give money to south. Some will say you do not!! However there are landing fees, airport taxes, car park etc, all indirect costs.

Yes, I am biased. I pack the wife off once a year at Ercan for shopping trip and to see family. Would not have it any other way.

newlad

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Ercan is a no,no for me from Manchester to expensive,

Paul.

newlad

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 00:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Just booked Manchester to Larnaca for March for £160.00 return for one no extras,

Paul.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

It depends when you book.

Last year 4 flights from Manchester to Ercan in August with KTHY cost £760 RETURN! Flights to the south were over £1000.

KTHY have a sale every year in October which makes the cost almost half. You can pick your hire car up from the airport and usualy have a higher bagage allowance. Even if your over, if your early you usualy get through without paying any extra.

We stay in Turkey for anything between 20 and 50 mins depending if anybody is bording there.

The flights are basic with no TV but have always been on time for us.

If you miss the sale then flights to the south are usualy cheaper, and more choice in flight times and days.

We prefer to fly to Ercan and that is always our 1st choice but cost sometimes makes us go south.

TheSaints

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Always fly to Ercan from Manchester, normally approx £550 give or take a few quid return for two of us, I don't mind paying that at all, not bothered if we have an hour or a few hours in Turkey we don't have the Taxi and green line crossing to do etc, if I wanted to fly into the South I would have bought a place there........

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 01:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

In the end if your property is in the North and in the main areas then time difference door to door is negligble. Your only concern then is cost.

Can you get to Larnaca plus the cost of transfer to the North for a significant price saving over flying into Ercan and the cost of getting from the airport to where you are staying?

If the answer is no, then support KTHY and fly into the North and support the local economy.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 07:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

i use cta from manchester and if you book early can get some good deals.

last few occasions ive flown from stansted (i live in manchester) ,ive booked early enough and choosen dates where i get exttra time there.....this summer i flown a thursday to 2 week on the sunday so i gained a few extra dates,

best one for next july 1st to 18th for £80 each return from stansted,so we travel down have beakfast and add apporox £60 for car parking

kav

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

It would be great to have a competively priced flight to Ercan. I have the benefit of the London Airports close to hand but at the popular times are far too expensive. There is a substantial difference in cost especially if there are a few of you travelling together. Would much prefer to support KTHY but the pocket has to win sometimes

dozza67

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

KTHY are not the only airline to fly from Manchester to Ercan. Turkish Airlines fly every single day. I know they are more expensive but that is down to the TRNC Government. Turkish Airlines are by far more comfortable/better staffed/superior food/ and all round 100% better than CTA who are rude, the seats are extremely uncomfortable (the padding is virtually non-existant) Would only fly with them if I had to.

As for Larnaca, I don't care what anyone thinks but we think everybody should support this country if they live in it.

wanderer

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post 10

Turkish airlines excellent I have used them from Brum

You have to get off at Ataturk and change planes but no problem's you are transit passengers,so no visa cost(£10)

Make sure on the connecting flight details usually an hour but sometimes a day so be careful with on line booking

Costs are as cheap as Larnaca without the surly GC customs

newlad

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Dozza,

Would love to support the country by flying Ercan and have on a couple of ocassions.But it is just so expensive,

Paul.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
30/12/2009 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Msg 1

Call Alan @ flightholiday 0871 855 2925 - he is covering while i'm away (part time today and tomorow)

He can arrange Turkish Airlines flights at the drop of a floppy hat or Xmas cracker crown.

Tom

IAH Ltd

info@flightholiday.co.uk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.