North Cyprus Tourist Board - Exchange Holiday Homes
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Exchange Holiday Homes

Exchange Holiday Homes

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Pogle

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Some of you may have seen my postings looking for a homeswap for holidays in the UK, unfortunately I couldn't find anything suitable via the board.I have recently joined http://www.exchangeholidayhomes.com and have managed to get exactly what I wanted for a forthcoming trip to the UK. It is for owners of holiday homes/2nd homes not a homeswap in the traditional sense. You pay Exchange Holiday Homes a fee of £67 per week per property booked through them.

It would give owners of second properties here a chance to go somewhere else for a change or for those who live here to find a property in the UK for visits home. The site explains all, may be of interest to some.

jfoggy

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Pogle for bringing this holiday swap facility to our attention. Just what we have been looking for! Looks really good and affordable.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

wat about wife swap or child swap not that i would but just a thought

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Why not try a proper house swap for holidays? We completed a swap in October last and had a fantastic time. 5 bed villa with car in Dublin in exchange for our villa. All it cost was a registration fee for a database with over 39,000 homes for swap. We are doing this again this summer. Looking at a house in Mayfair for 2 weeks and house outside Dublin for following 2 weeks. Fantastic holiday experiance.

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

We had to spend 9 weeks in UK this summer so I emailed just about all my friends and old work colleagues to see if anyone was interested in a swap. Managed to do a house/car swap for 2 weeks, a couple of house sits for another 3 weeks and a couple of car swaps. It worked out very well with everyone being happy with the arrangements and nobody had strangers staying in their home/using their car.

Pogle

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Mr Vince, which company did you use we may try a straight home swap in future. The Mayfair place sounds good! Also, some homeswap agencies only let you swap your primary residence and not your holiday home.

The holiday home swap works for us as we have a house here and an apartment we let and you are not restricted to taking a holiday the same time someone wants to use your place. We have a family from Edinburgh coming to us in August and we are staying in Surrey in July. Fingers crossed it all works out!

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Hello Pogle

We use http://www.homexchangevacation.com

Cost are £16.95 for 3 months subscription. Last time we swapped we paid the fee then cancelled, only to start up again now. If we are lucky we will cancell our subscription again before we have to pay again.

Pogle

Message Posted:
05/01/2010 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Mr Vince

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
08/01/2010 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

We have now just concluded booking 2 consecutive swaps. 2 weeks in june in Dublin, 4 bed house and Renault Clio car then followed up with 2 weeks in a 3 bed Mews in Mayfair with a VW Golf. All for £16.95 registration fee and access to over 40,000 swappers world wide

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.