North Cyprus Tourist Board - Applying for first TRNC driving licence
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Applying for first TRNC driving licence

Applying for first TRNC driving licence

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

andrew4232

Message Posted:
15/01/2010 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

after reading many threads on this topic,and am still a bit confused, but i now need to do myself so if anyone would be kind enough to throw some light on the process i would be very grateful, as it sounds like a visit to lefkosa again but where in lefkosa ? and is it like the resi where you have to start the process here on girne

i look forward to hearing your feed back

batgirl

Message Posted:
15/01/2010 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Firstly you have to have your residency then armed with the relavent photo copies , completed form & cash you have to go to Lefkosia it is not difficult or you could contribute to the black economy and go to "the girls at the driving school"

Maz

Message Posted:
16/01/2010

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

You can go into Girne in the first instance to find out what you need; get a form and complete etc. That could be the most reliable first point. I assume you know where the Girne Office is. You have to go to Lefkosia later. I ended up going to Lefkosia anyway, because of a mix up in Girne, but I think they are operating a little better now.

Finding the office in Lefkosia is a little confusing, but info can be given, or maybe some kind soul could take you there.

decanddyl

Message Posted:
16/01/2010 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

You have to go to Lefkosa for your initial TRNC licence and then subsequently you can renew at Girnie. As stated above you will need your temporary residence and photos and money. Been a while since we went to the office but would not like to give you misleading directions as we ended up at the vehicle licencing office first and having waited in the queue for an hour after which we were informed we were in the wrong place!

Like everything else you have to go back a few days later to collect your licence and it is not the same office but one downstairs.

JaneG

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

We are going to apply for our Turkish Drivers licence this week. We know we can get them for different lengths of time - does anyone know the cost for the different amount of years?

Thanks

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

this article is quite helpful actually... http://essentialcyprus.com/driving-licenses-north-cyprus

batgirl

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Cost -2yrs 200tl / 3yrs 300 tl dont know about 10 yrs

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

10 years is 500 TL.

Directions - Take dual carriageway from Girne to Lefkosa, go straight ahead at 'boulder' roundabout. Keep straight through mini roundabout and a number of traffic lights until you are at a set where you see Maxuum Car Sales on your left hand side. Go straight ahead at these lights and take the next left at the Turkcell Offices. Follow this one way street to the end. The driving licence office is straight ahead on right hand side (about 50 metres) in a block of apartments. You will see a car park on left hand side, park there.

Hope it's still there - haven't been for a while...

barbieb

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

My advice to you is to go to the girls at the driving school, they charged when we done ours about 50 ytl, we did a 10 year license as we intend to stay in TRNC and two weeks later charges doubled, so we got a bonus, it really does depend on how long you intend to stay, and our license was ready in 48 hour, no problems, and definately no waiting or getting lost.

Also I don't know how many people know this but our English licenses are only valid for 30 days in TRNC and after that we are not covered or insured, police may turn blind eye as it is impossible to get license without residency but it is a chance we take.

Hope this helps.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.