North Cyprus Tourist Board - Looking for a mattress, or better still the loan of some furniture!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Looking for a mattress, or better still the loan of some furniture!

Looking for a mattress, or better still the loan of some furniture!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Cyprus44 Article on Buying Furniture in North Cyprus

Pippie

Message Posted:
17/01/2010 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi all,

Hubby and I have to vacate our apartment early Feb and our furniture won't be arriving from the UK to go in our new place for a couple of weeks after that. I don't want to have to buy a load of furniture we're not going to need, and I've been thinking we might 'slum it' on a single bed and a couple of deck chairs and buy in the bare minimum of cups, bowls, pans and a bit of cutlery.

So, does anyone have a cheap single mattress or a couple of deckchairs to sell cheap?

Trouble is we'd still have to sell the bed off when our other furniture arrives cos we won't have room.

So, ... a better solution, if you rent out now and haven't got a booking any time in February, would you be interested in a baby sitter for some of your furniture - in other words, would you be willing to loan us a bed, a couple of chairs and some kitchen utensils??? May be we could contribute something towards the cost.

Thanks anyone.

Vidal

Message Posted:
17/01/2010 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

I think you might be better off trying to get a cheap B n B deal till your stuff arrives. By the time you have found some furniture, collected it, moved it in then have to return it and move it out again, then unpacked your stuff and moved that in..phew!

Or find someone who needs a house sitter..Which dates are you talking about?

Pippie

Message Posted:
17/01/2010 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Vidal, from 5th Feb, probably a couple of weeks (if the shippers are on time) but I'm already going to be paying for the rent on the new place from then so I didn't really want to be paying out much more - that's why we thought of may be buying in the bare essentials and 'slum it'. We've slept on the floor before when doing up our house back in the UK so ...!!

Vidal

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Do you have garden furniture in your container. If not you could buy a couple of sun loungers with foam mattresses and a garden set here and use those till your stuff comes. They do cheap kitchen utensils and pans in 1001 which would tied you over.

Pippie

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Hey, brilliant idea about the sun loungers - any suggestions where best to get them from?

And, where is 1001 please?

nurseawful

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

1001 is in Girne. If you go down the High street and turn left at the crossroads it is along there on the right, it usually has odds and ends out on the pavement.

Chris

Pippie

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks for that.

Does anyone know where I can pick up reasonably priced sun loungers - may be they'll be in the sale given the weather today!!!

nurseawful

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Pippie

I believe there is a basement shop near the new Harbour that sells sun loungers at a reasonable cost. I think it is in the bottom of an apartment shop, unfortunately never been there so can't give exact directions. Sorry

Chris

smithy

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

also Aladdin's Cave are very reasonable for loungers and this time of the year barter

Pippie

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Thank you. Where is Aladdin's Cave.

Barter! I've tried that and we usually get scowled at. Is it actually possible? May be we've just tried to be too cheeky - remembering the time we were on Bodrum market in Turkey and got things for a fraction of the price. I've found it doesn't seem to happen like that here.

booitsme

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

When we were waiting for our container to turn up we spent 5 weeks on airbeds (borrowed from neighbours) sitting on garden furniture using a garden table (ditto) and we just bought 2 of everything ie 2 knives, forks, spoons, 2 plastic plates - ideal for picnics now. If you have a container coming to your place along with the added bodies that entails make sure you have pleanty of mugs, cakes and biscuits. That keeps them all happy and keeps your taxes down on your goods We got a couple of cheap bed sets from the shop next to 1001 in Girne whcih we use along with that we brought from UK. I'm sure if you explained your plight to your neighbours they would be glad to help out. Good luck

Pippie

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks, that'll exactly what I'm expecting we'll do. Just like when we used to go camping as kids ...!!!

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
18/01/2010 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Hi

We have a double inflatable airbed (with pump) you can borrow until your furniture arrives. we are in Ozankoy.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.