North Cyprus Tourist Board - Time For A New Direction For TRNC?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Time For A New Direction For TRNC?

Time For A New Direction For TRNC?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 34 in Discussion

1. The Orams case will eventually just be a footnote in the history of the island.

2. The TCs need to use this ‘reality’ check as a basis for finding not just their voice for their cause but also for a new direction. For too long the TCs have been in the ‘yolk’ of everything Western. The irony is that in 2004, when the GC threw a spanner in to the works of the Annan Plan – and the EU still allowed the GC to join – it should have been clear then that the TCs were neither ‘White enough’ nor ‘Christian enough’ to be a part of the EU – and were “bought off” with a Euro 259 Million ‘one off payment. This point is further illustrated by the manner in which Turkey’s membership is being handled by the EU and in particular the statements made by the French and German governments

Cont'd...

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 34 in Discussion

3. For too long the the TCs defined the Cyprus problem in terms of ‘peace, security and reconciliation’ whereas the GCs were always planning to undermine the fragile TRNC economy as they had done for the previous 30 years prior to 2004. It was only the failure of the TRNC leadership to see through this perversion of the ‘political process’ that has brought the TRNC to this juncture.

4. The GCs agenda has not chnaged in 60 years or more – it is the total domination of the island politically, economically and culturally. Their preferred option is to have a TC free Cyprus. Their hope is that by crippling the TRNC economy those TCs who will have had enough will emigrate to either other parts of the EU or to Turkey – leaving this beautiful island to them. This has been and continues to be their strategy.

Cont'd..

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 34 in Discussion

5. The time has come for TCs to take a good look around them and decide whether they ‘want to join a club in which they will always be 2nd class citizens’? A political solution should not exclude a TRNC north – independent of and free from not only Greek domination but also EU domination. There are many more new opportunities for a free and independent TRNC looking East and to its roots than looking West and forever in servitude to the hypocritical values espoused by the various organs of the EU including but not limited to the ECJ and EU Parliament. I recall in 2004, the EU Commissioner saying it will reward the TCs for voting yes in the referendum – and if the GCs vote against the EU will lift the international sanctions aganst the TRNC. What has in fact happaned? Exactly the opposite.

Cont'd...

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 34 in Discussion

6. If there ever was a time for the TCs to define their own destiny – it is now. This half-way house of being inside but yet outside the EU is both offensive and tiresome. It’s like being slightly pregnant – inconceivable yet real! The TCs have all of the burdens of the oppressive laws which the ROC can invoke and yet no access to any meaningful representation to defend itself. In short, it has the worst of all worlds.

7. There is a new world order emerging. North Africa, Middle East, Far East and Russia offer not only new horizons but also new opportunities for the most beautiful part of the Jewel of the Med.

Cont'd...

Tiggy

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 34 in Discussion

Long winded twaddle. Read all this before.

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 34 in Discussion

8. It is time to negotiate from strength and not weakness. Time for TCs to recognise their roots are Eastern and no matter how many Western Cultures they adopt they will always be ‘outsiders’.

If the current talks fail and it seems likely they will fail, then the next step for the TRNC should be to move forward to greater international recognition and slowly but surely establish their own realities. As for the alleged GCs claim to land and property – a compensation fund should be established and over time net of TCs assests in the South ‘pay off’ what maybe owed.

9. There is no point in renewing nuptials when the divorce was acrimonious as could be and where one spouse demands are not only unreasonable but include punishment in perpetuity for crimes of their forefathers! A VELVET DIVORCE is in my view the best way forward. It has happened before Checkoslovakia, Kosovo.

Cont'd

Tiggy

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 34 in Discussion

Deleted as per rule 3.

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 34 in Discussion

Cont'd...

Recognition will come – the 56 countries of the Organisation of Islamic Countries has already indicated that they would move towards this if the TRNC was boxed in by the EU. Even the USA has indicated it will not support further sanctions against the TRNC.

10. The GCs have never acted in good faith. The EU has followed suit. How many more knocks must the TRNC take before its people wake up to the realities that its destiny lies in the East and NOT the West!

Enjoy

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 34 in Discussion

Tiggy:

Engage yoor brain if you can find it before commenting - if you have nothing positive to say better do what you always do - go and play with yourself.

Enjoy

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 34 in Discussion

Deleted as per Rule 3 (Be polite).

Tiggy

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 34 in Discussion

Your usual boring guff. You would also be better off doing something more interesting with your pinkies....

Go out tonight and have a laugh and not be stuck in front of your PC, attention seeking and boring the backsides of us forum users.

await another one of your top notch put downs!!!

LOVE YOU.

XXXX

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 34 in Discussion

PLEASE LETS KEEP IT CIVIL GUYS.

Moovers post is very constructive and i want to let it run.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 34 in Discussion

You have typed similar garbage in the past.....your are a little two faced.

Name calling at your age.....DNA....not bad....like that one.....

I suppose your little side kick will be along soon to give you a little back up. NOt needed this end!

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 34 in Discussion

Tiggy:

I see it's hard for you to betray your roots.

Reading anything more than sentence without pictures is difficult for you.

Nevermind hey, keep taking the tablets and who knows one day you might even act like a human than the bafoon character you seem to be proud to display!

This is a forum for all perspectives - but guess that's just a little too hard for you to comprehend.

No point putting you down with words - it would be kinder to put you down like a wounded animal but then it would be a waste of a lethal injection!

Keep trying my Irish intellectual - one day you might get beyond writing a whole sentence.

I won't be holding my breadth

No doubt you will come back with more of your self-delusional wit

Enjoy

Tiggy

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 34 in Discussion

OK No1. point taken. Sorry I must be a brainless twat!

Back on track now. My opinion is that we have read all this guff before and MOOver 321 is just trying to stir up things.

MY OPINION.

newlad

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 34 in Discussion

Patrick,

Bit over the top and uncalled for in my opinion,

Paul.

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 34 in Discussion

No1Doyen:

You know your friend Tiggy - and you know why he is saying what he saying I am sure you know exactly what I mean and if you don't then you ought to!

You are apparently a 'forum admin' person - shouldn't you look at the rationale of Tiggy's lack of decorum?

Perhaps you have one rule for your 'friends' and another for other posters?

Enjoy

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 34 in Discussion

Well done Tiggy for apologising.

Paul lets leave it there please.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 34 in Discussion

Moover. I'm really surprised by your comments (mess 17).

"Perhaps you have one rule for your 'friends' and another for other posters?"

Where do you get that idea from? Didn't you read my message 12?

Tiggy

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 34 in Discussion

Msg 12 says it all.

Unlike your intelligent 321 self, I like to keep it short. I also do not hide any info from the members info.

Anychance to meet you and insult you to your face ?

cooper

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 34 in Discussion

Now come along folk lets keep this forum civil !!

Brainless Twats )

Tiggy

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 34 in Discussion

Hello Paul,

I usually value your opinion as most others do. Not this time though.

This piece of trash called me a RACIST and kept on about it on the forum. It is easy said but hard to defend.

I did not see anyone giving an opinion then.

Moover321

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 34 in Discussion

No1Doyen:

Let me refer you to the BNP / Asylum debate a shortwhile back - and your postings!

He has apologised and let it be.

His main gripe is not what I write about the TRNC but that I have debated with him about the BNP.

Look back at that threads and you will see.

He dislikes what I write because I challenged him on his racist and anti-Islamic rhetoric.

If you want to write to me off board I will explain in more detail.

Enjoy

Tiggy

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 34 in Discussion

Explain in more detail......Bill you had better be ready for pages of drivel. Nice to know we are friends (never met)

Challenging is one thing, but to slander someone with being a RASCIST is something else. If you had a backbone you would apologise for what you called me.

What you wrote about the TRNC is what we all know....you just wanted to stir up a little crap as you did in the Islamic rant which you went on & on & on & on about.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 34 in Discussion

Moover. My message 12 on this thread said....."Moovers post is very constructive and i want to let it run...

I do not, repeat not .."have one rule for your 'friends' and another for other posters" ...as you put it.

Commenting on one's post in a 'friendly manner' does not constitute friendship in my book.

I will not comment anymore on this thread, because I want to let it run. If you have any problems with my comments then you know where to address them to.

Moover321

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 34 in Discussion

Tiggy:

Enjoy your BNP meeting - you know when the BNP is finally banished (or vanishes) - it will be the only organisation which will have its name as a part of the celebration - there will be a real British National Party

Perhaps to much for you to comprehend?

lol

As ever Hope is better than hatred!

Enjoy

swannee7

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 34 in Discussion

For heaven's sake! We've only just got C44 up & running again and what could have been an interesting post/thread suddenly went downhill and the 'bad boys' have come back to haunt the rest of us. Please DON'T use this Board as a whipping place. It's a Forum - a place to discuss, pass on info, share ideas etc., and I'm sure Izzet never intended for it to be used for public slanging matches via the internet.

Moover 321: couldn't you have held back rather than taking the bait? Especially after going to all the effort of typing such an eloquent thesis? Silence really is golden.....

Harold2555

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 34 in Discussion

I will warn once, anymore insults and name calling on this thread will get that person banned.

Harold

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 34 in Discussion

calm down tiggy , take heed of the warnings , no point in getting banned , xx

winslow

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 34 in Discussion

Mover321

As always well said mover and I agree with everything you say regarding the debate. Though I would like to add that our people do understand the realities and the bias that has been displayed to us and Turkey with regards some member states of the the EU. What İ personally object to as a T/C as I have said before is. During these negoiations there seems to be only one alternative being pushed forward you must both reach agreement and join the EU and live happilly ever after all and all with this undertone of blackmail. That if there is no agreement the TRNC will colapse into the sea of oblivean with no hope of future prosperity for our future generations. This is a foreign perspective unrelatable to the present consensus of the people on both sides as recents polls are showing hardliners views are becoming more prevelent with their ante reunification retoric. con.

winslow

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 34 in Discussion

con

Much of their claims regarding the inability to reach a consensus regarding the negoiations are being borne out. İ respect some of the arguments put forward regards the benefits of EU membership. But we are two peoples and no matter however you try to gloss it over we cannot reside together and share power ethnic partisanisam would prevail at all levels on both sides no matter how many checks and balances were implemented. Trying to create Cyproutopia by these two men from the same political background ‘do not a nation make’. There are alternatives there is not just this one way, one measure just this one final chance? A Velvet divorce two Soveriegn States Taiwanisation etc.I do feel they have fallen behind the times and are not considering what the people now seem to want. There was a reason why people on this side voted against Talats government it was not just economics.

Con.

winslow

Message Posted:
29/01/2010 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 34 in Discussion

Con.

There was a reason we voted 'hardline nationalists', and that was simply that not everybody desires reunification and not everybody feels or cares about this sense of urgency on both sides and the Annan plan is still a sore point not just for our side but also the ROC.

The other alternatives and views should be disucssed more openly within this context by the politicans and I believe there would be a feeling of relief on both sides. We have been negoiating for years and it always ends in tears. İts just to difficult sadly there’s just to much bad blood. İ know İm not the only one and it is not acceptable to portray those opposing it to be made out to be fighting democracy we are not. True democracy is the will and desire of the majority of the people and not the desire of the few who I hope do not want their own aspirations to succeed for their own political and personal goals.

Winslow.

swannee7

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 34 in Discussion

Winslow, msg.32. These are good points and I think you've hit the nail on the head in stating the obvious - i.e. that too much bad blood exists between the 2 sides - something that the politicians (especially those down south) will always play on. They have nothing else to work with so they keep the old pot stirred and topped up. Result? A weak solution!

Oleander

Message Posted:
30/01/2010 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 34 in Discussion

Moover you have committed the crime of posting a thread that might make some people stop and think about the situation they find themselves in now and what lies in the future.

Far too many just do not want to do that. They want to keep their rosy specs on and go and have another pint and enjoy the 'sunshine and the view' and hope nothing changes in their lifetimes.

If more of them were younger with young growing families, they might take a very different stance.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.