North Cyprus Tourist Board - Many thanks Pegasus (and a warning to us all)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Many thanks Pegasus (and a warning to us all)

Many thanks Pegasus (and a warning to us all)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

colly

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

I was travelling on the Stansted Ercan flight via Istanbul SAW. I was in the front seat and had Pegasus equipment above me so my cabin bag was a couple of rows behind me. We landed at Istanbul SAW and as usual many people alighted, I was busy texting my pick up to advise arrival time. After all the Istanbul passengers had gone I went to move my bag a bit closer for arrival at Ercan, imagine my horror when my cabin bag was not there.

We managed to establish that there was a bag still in the locker that did not belong to anyone so it looked like someone had picked up the wrong bag (even though it was nothing like my bag). Now a sickness feeling came over me as in the bag was the works laptop, a camera, a phone, my favourite sunglasses, my PG Tips and worst of all my car keys. The car keys being an essential part of me getting home in just 3 days time.

So, a message of thanks for the honest Turkish passenger who took my bag on its excursion to his house before realising that

colly

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

he had the wrong bag. It was 4 days before he could get it back to Istanbul, not in time to stop the 200 mile trip my son had to make to bring a spare set of keys but return it he did.

A real message of thanks to all the Pegasus staff that helped me to be reunited with my cabin baggage, even though technically it is not their responsibility. In particular Ros at the Ercan airport ticket office who was liaising with Istanbul , Peter, based at Stansted travel marketing services who responded to my email while he happened to be at Istanbul and followed up the missing bag and 1st flight services who look after the lost baggage for Pegasus at Stansted.

Perhaps a warning for us all then. Keep an eye on your baggage even when on the plane. Always have identification in the bag, I used a print off of the flight particulars. Finally, always keep your passport very close to you. Fortunately on this occasion I did but I have been known to put it in the cabin bag

colly

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Also worth noting that you are unlikly to get any travel insurance payout in such circumstances as the bag is considered to be with you and as such would be considered that it was not looked after properly. It happened before at Heathrow to us. We put our luggage in the trailor of Purple parking and someone ahead of us took our bag instead of theirs and insurance did not want to know. We did get that bag back as well but 2 months later after the people managed to trace us from a prescription that was in the bag.

cooper

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks for sharing that with us Colly, just goes to show there are still some honest and decent folk out there.

Also well done to Pegasus.

Cooper

Whistler

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Yes thanks for that. I would mention that I have noticed since we started travelling with Pegasus, that on landing in Istanbul, the stewardesses always come around and go through the lockers, asking people if this or that bag is theirs and I can never understand why.

loulouis

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks for sharing that with us Colly . Thats what I love about North Cyprus . Most of the people are very honest and genuine .

Loui

eastendjoker

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Pegasus are a class act and i can only see it getting more difficult for CT airways,living where we do near Stansted i dont even look at other carriers anymore.

girne 29

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 02:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

whistler.

'stewardesses always come around and go through the lockers, asking people if this or that bag is theirs and I can never understand why.'

To check nobody has got off the plane and left a bag containing who knows what.

fishh

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 09:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

hı colly thıs ıs mandy the lady you came to see ın the Gırne pegasus offıce so glad that your bag was found and great to hear you praıse the staff.

colly

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Sorry, very amiss of me please except my apologies I forgot to give a name mention to Mandy who, despite the office only looking after ticket sales phoned Istanbul and put me in touch with the Ercan office. I was really concerned that Pegasus staff may not have been concerned about the bag, I could not have been more wrong they were brilliant.

Many thanks all

col

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Nice to see someone take the time to write something positive on here - well done Colly and a BIG WELL DONE to everyone that helped you.

G

smithy

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Pegasus have always been very helpful, I use them all the time

phylray

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks for that info. - good to know something positive. Have used Pegasus a lot and think they are

extremely good value. Will be flying with them again next month with a friend.

wanderer

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Girne 29 the reason that they check its a security issue just as airports unattended bags etc

On the Pegusus service front left my laptop on the plane at Istanbul handed to the ground staff and tanoy message for me to go to customer service there was my computer it was identified as Roberts computer so passenger list checked and I was called full name inspector Poirot would have not done as well

Also Ryan air found a wallet on a flight it was on same surname but not me but they rang two days latter to see if I knew the Andrew who's wallet it was

flightholiday

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Glad to hear that it went so well considering the circumstances - this is the service that we have come to expect with Pegasus which is why I tend to push them from IAH and we try to give even more service from here too.

Colin - Thanks for reminding us all to keep an eye on our bellongings wherever we go.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.