North Cyprus Tourist Board - Away from Girne, how can we locate members' areas without a good map?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Away from Girne, how can we locate members' areas without a good map?

Away from Girne, how can we locate members' areas without a good map?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Map

swannee7

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Wonder if anyone has come across a well-defined map of NC that CLEARLY shows the district names west & east of Girne ? The road/tourist maps we've seen are somewhat indistinct and cramped, to say the least. It would be nice to be able to immediately identify an area - e.g. Tsatlitsu, Dogonkoy etc (apologies if names not spelled correctly!) through an 'area index' or similar, and for each district name to be well highlighted. Just a thought. Any budding cartographers on the forum ???

ianwfs

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Somebody hasn't heard of DC and his map!!

greenman

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Try her for Dutchcrusader maps

http://www.allcrusades.com/

hansdoeleman@allcrusades.com

Jeannie

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

ianwfs - much as I admire Hans' skill at cartography, I feel swannee7 may be looking for something a little more up-to-date

Or does he do these, too?

J

greenman

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Yes, here, Jeannie

http://www.cyprusdownload.nl/index_2.html

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/24387.asp

Follow-up of this thread: http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/23238.asp

Dear all: After I made a TRNC Tourist map on a printed A3 (front and back: West and East TRNC) I've now finished a one-sided TRNC map (100 cm x 80 cm). I included all suggestions made in former threads, but I decided to wait for the finish of the new by-pass and the Northern coastal road. Well...

Unfortunately I lack the money to have this map printed and finding a sponsor (to cover my expenses during the whole process of this mapmaking) has not succeeded yet.

I may make the map available via the Internet and on mobile phones (for a small contribution).

P.S. RE msg1: my map has now new options (if published on the net): click in a certain grid and you'll be shown all villages/towns in that quadrant. Or click on a village/town name and you'll be shown the exact location of that village/town.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks all - particularly you Mr Doelman

swannee7

Message Posted:
01/03/2010 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Dutch Crusader - I somehow knew you'd have something up your sleeve! A man of infinite talents! I gather you're fairly friendly with Mr. President (!) so couldn't you make approaches for a 'government grant' towards publishing costs? All in the interests of promoting tourism and the TRNC of course! I haven't yet accessed your link suggestion (msg.6) but if your map is up to date and has all the district names etc in place, I find it incredible that you're lacking in sponsorship. You've saved someone a hell of a lot of work after all!

Thanks all.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.