North Cyprus Tourist Board - Information about Amy Villas and the area of Karsiyaka please ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Information about Amy Villas and the area of Karsiyaka please ?

Information about Amy Villas and the area of Karsiyaka please ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Skoops

Message Posted:
02/03/2010 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Hi

We are hoping to book 2 villas in Karsiyaka through Amy Villas. All seems to be ok but can anyone please confirm / reccomend them as a good outfit ? Also having not visited the area before we are trying to find out the suitability of the area, We want to have a fairly quiet holiday but our kids ages 12 - 17 are going to want to have some activity in the evenings not discos but bars / restaurants. Also trying to ascertain if car hire is essential (have been told that it is not possible to hire mini bus in North Cyprus). We were hoping we can walk to beach/bars and restaurants or take taxis etc - Again any information would be really gratefully received.

Many thanks

Mike Carter

joandjelly

Message Posted:
02/03/2010 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Cannot comment on Amy Villas but can give some information about Karsiyaka. A lot will depend on the location of the villas but there are a couple of beaches with bars which you may be able to walk to or at least get a dolmus during the day. There are a number of restaurants/bars in Karsiyaka and a holiday village with some water slides and evening entertainment (Club Simena). I would recommend you get a hire car as it will make your life a lot easier.

rigsby

Message Posted:
02/03/2010 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Skoops,You can hire 7 seaters from several hire companys.

fosterscan

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Hi scoops

You will need a car from karsiyaka not just for the restaurants and bars but for everything else. it is hard keeping both 12 and 17 years olds happy anywhere you go , but the trnc especially but there are plenty of things to do and see but travel is a must .imho others may not agree

Skoops

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Thanks for your reply. The villas are called Red bay and Hafez...not sure if you know them? We have been told we can walk to the beach/bars & restaurants from our villas-i think hire car will be the best option. We will be flying into Larnaca- Would you reccomend we get hire car from the airport and drive to Karsiyaka or get transfers and ask car hire comapny to drop cars of at villas ? Can you suggest a good car hire company for the area please ?

Many thanks

Skoops

Skoops

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Rigsby

Thanks for this

Skoops

Sazna

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 06:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Hi i suggest a transfer it makes life much easier.

Vidal

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Skoops

If you email Umit at greenvalleycy@yahoo.com They will tell you everything you need to know.

They will pick you up from the airport and drop you at your villa and either have your car (He has a seven seater) waiting or bring it soon after.

Really nice family, him and his wife both speak English and are a mine of info.

In my opinion, you have to have a car to be able to see the Island. There is so much to see and places to go you'll be spoiled for choice with a car, bit limited without.

gingernut

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

hi,

if I had a choice of areas I would go a little closer to the center, Alsancak has alot more to on offerin the way of entertainment i think but i would still get a car.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/ is another site for villas

darren

natnatallie44

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Hı Skoops

We booked a vılla through Amy Vıllas last year. We were really pleased wıth the servıce they provıded and the vılla was just as descrıbed on theır websıte. We dealt wıth a very helpful lady called Jane who came out to see us on our fırst day to make sure we were happy and knew how everythıng worked ın the vılla.

I would recommend you take a taxı transfer dırect to your vılla as the streets ın North Cyprus are not all that well sıgnposted. At least ıf you let Amy vıllas arrange your taxı to the vılla, you know you will be taken straight there and not be driving around getting lost after a long flight!

Karsiyaka is a very picturesque area and is an ideal location for a peaceful holiday, there are bars and restaurants close by but you will need to hire a car to fully explore the area. We use pacific car hire every time and never had any problems with them.

rigsby

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Skoops,I once used Acmenya for transfer from Larnaca,Great service and car hire.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Skoops I think Amy Villas is something to do with Pacific car hire. A neighbour rents his villa out through them. Pacific will collect you from Larnaca and do a deal on car hire for you if you use them for both. Baspinar Cars do the same sort of deal.

fosterscan

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Hi i always hire at larnaca and drive to the north however i would not recommend this on anyone's first visit,as the border crossing with insurance and stamps is quite simply complicated. Also as said before the roads are all lanes (off the main road) and finding any villas could take awhile and after a long flight and transfer that can be a pain hope this helps.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Skoops,

Amy Villas are very professional and will only rent the very nicest villas.

stevie-d

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Skoops. I have a Villa in Karsiyaka and we rent through Amyvillas, we as owners find them very proffesional, Villas Red Bay and Hafez are in the same small estate as mine, beautiful mountain views, ideal location.

stevie-d

stevie-d

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Hi again Skoops forgot to mention we would highly recommend http://www.birdrentacar.com we use them everytime I know they have 7 seater cars for hire, they also know where the villas are.

stevie-d

Opinion44

Message Posted:
16/03/2010 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Why don't you hire two cars instead of one minibus , by doing this you can be more independent.

Pacific Rent a car, offers 2 cars same as 7 seater rate.

http://www.pacific-rentals.com/

info@pacific-rentals.com

wanderer

Message Posted:
16/03/2010 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

If its your first visit tie it all in with Amy they know where the villa is and other people will possibly not

They are owned by the guy who runs cyprus44 and as you see from above they have some good references

As a personal point I would not like do the border crossing out of choice as the greek side are a pain going back especially if you have 40 cigarettes (serious)

Taking a South car north leaves you on third party insurance on a £30 k plus people carrier I would not want the financial risk

North cars for the North & South cars for the South

If I drive in the South I hire a car

The North cars are easily identified from the south ones

chezzi

Message Posted:
17/03/2010 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

I can recommend Amy Villas, very proffessional and hassle free service.

Chezzi

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.