North Cyprus Tourist Board - Right To Buy my property, what will be the cost to complete
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Right To Buy my property, what will be the cost to complete

Right To Buy my property, what will be the cost to complete

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

BatteryBoy

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 01:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

I have been told I am getting my right to buy soon. How much does or should it cost. I paid £110,000

for my property. I dont expect any one tobe correct to the £1 but someone should have an idea.

Many Thanks Battery Boy

Groucho

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 05:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

An arm and a leg are as near as damn it!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

All the messages listed on your profile don't give sufficient details for anyone to be able to answer your queries - i.e., cost of tax on property/dogs/car.

You must thrive on hassle if you want to bring the latter two!

the butler

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Hi batterboy,

When you say you are getting your right to buy soon, do you mean your permission to purchase is about to be issued, or do you already have this and do you live on a complex? I am asking these questions because getting permission to purchase does not automatically mean you will get your title deeds if you live on a complex. We received our ptp in October 2008 but we are no where near being offered out title deeds. However, if you have been told your title deeds will be issued soon, the cost I believe is 3% of the purchase price. It has been much lower than this but I believe the government has put them back up. It may pay to wait until after the elections, as who knows the government may discount the transfer tax again.

The butlers wife

BatteryBoy

Message Posted:
04/03/2010 02:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Many thanks to the Butlers wife. I am glad there is some one out there, with commom sense.

I should have said in my question, I have been told that my permission to purchase is granted and they

will be starting my deeds process. Once again Butlers Wife, Regards Battery Boy

CyprusChill

Message Posted:
04/03/2010 04:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

BatteryBoy. Just hold back, chill out and be cool.

Even mention me to your solicitors ? related im sure.

You will have to spend a few bob on build and area completions.

Find others to complete at your cost and terms, at this point your builder is insignificant.

He needs you more than you need him.

Feck him. And may he wait many a year and the silent solicitors that pretend.

For us ( £££ ) the longer the better.

Groucho

Message Posted:
04/03/2010 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Batteryboy,

Sorry if my flippant response was less than helpful.... it's just that an arm and a leg is just about what most people end up paying one way or the other. So many hidden expenses creep out of the woodwork.

Have you taken possession of your villa?

I think TKT and CC are referring more to the additional costs in bringing a new build up to scratch, which once the builder has handed over possession to you appears to be a variable and often lengthy process where the new owner gets so bemused they end up paying for stuff that ought to be controlled within the terms of your contract but seems impossible to progress in that channel.

Doing remedial work once you've made all you stage payments is pretty low down their list of priorities..as there is nothing in it for them but costs. If you withhold final payment, on the basis that your contract says you are entitled to do so, then often the builder won't progress to deeds issue.

Groucho

Message Posted:
04/03/2010 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

This bone of contention is often where the erstwhile good relationship with your builder goes pear-shaped, often never to get back to good terms... so be a bit careful. There is a right way and a wrong way to handle this difficult time.

Nobody knows the right way!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
04/03/2010 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Very sound advise groucho, it is best if possible to keep your builder sweet, or they just become awkward, same as in GB......

BatteryBoy

Message Posted:
05/03/2010 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Once again thank you all for your input. Yes I have bought my villa, done the snagging and all is fine.( so Far ). Just about ready to make the move over there. Done the container and local shopping for all the nitty gritty stuff. You will se more of me searching for the local tradesmen, best shops, who to buy water from etc. So please be as helpful as you are at the monent. I can be a pain in the ars, when it comes to buying, as I have my own electrical contracting business, and always looking for the best price.

Once again many thanks to you all.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.