North Cyprus Tourist Board - how is diana beach? Anyone been there?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > how is diana beach? Anyone been there?

how is diana beach? Anyone been there?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

kamaks

Message Posted:
18/03/2010 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

How is diana beach? Saw the sign post anybody been? Is it clean etc???

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
18/03/2010 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

The beach bar etc is open from June. A local sailing club uses it all year. It is NOT the best around!

Tony

kamaks

Message Posted:
18/03/2010 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

any reasons why its not?

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
18/03/2010 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Was there today. Whilst maybe not the best beach, it is also not the worst. The staff are just starting to tidy the beach up ready for the tourist season. Nice sheltered bay, gently sloping beach so even when you are 50 yards offshore the water only comes up to the middle of your thigh - ideal for children. Haven't eaten there so can't comment on food or prices.

Paul

Maz

Message Posted:
18/03/2010 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Been there a couple of times for special sailing days, and don't like the restricitons:

1. The boss who rents the bay and restaurant is rude!

2. You cannot take any water or food on to the beach - you mjust buy his.

3. No picnics in the car park either! No setting up of your own tables.

4. And I cannot take my dog (of course, some might say)

But if you want to hire a sunbed, eat in the overpriced cafe and get a tan on a beach with safe swimming - then go.

LisaCedyNZach

Message Posted:
18/03/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Before I start I have been to loads of fantastic beaches over the past 6 years...

I couldnt remember Diana Beach until I read Marie B's description, then it all came flooding back.

We went one day at about 4pm, the man shouted at us to pay for the beds, and my 3 year old who had no need for a bed was charged. At full day rate. The sun loungers looked like a painter and decorator had borrowed them . I had a packet of crisps in my bag for the little one and was told I had to buy from the cafe!!needles sto say never been back.

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

I thought that it was against the law to not allow people to bring their own food to a public beach. Only if you were using hotel facilities could food and drinks from outside be banned by them.

compass

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 01:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

The truth is you just have to face up to these people because the laws of the TRNC are on your side.

We went there last year and picniced on the beach amongst the sailing boats(which were not in use as the sailing club had closed) and of course were asked to pay, even though we were lying on towels on the sand.

I said no, as we weren't using any of his facilities the law says there should be no charge and I said so. He threatened us with all sorts including the police, but I pretty much ignored him and he left us alone after a short while.

We stayed a couple of hours as the rain clouds were forming, but would you believe it another British family arrived at that time and as soon as their bottoms hit the sun beds he was there with his hand out. They explained that they weren't intending to stay as the rain was coming, they only wanted to check it out for the next day but he insisted and they actually paid him. They handed over the fees for 4 sunbeds then left after 5 mins - crazy

piggy

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 07:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Where is Diana beach!

Maz

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Diana beach I suppose is technically Catalkoy! It could be absolutely fab, but I am afraid that although the guy who runs it is out of order, it hardly makes for a pleasant day out to 'fight ' him - as others have found to their cost.

Trouble is that tourists don't know the rules, and this guy is extremely fanatically about his own. He is also extremely rude to the staff - I have seen it with my own eyes. Needless to say, I don't recommend it, nor go there myself unless it is something to do with the sailing Club.

Pity, as places and people like this ruin the reputation of the island for hospitality and welcoming tourists.

Tootie

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Where can one find out the truth about these laws?

I was told last year at Escape beach I could enter the beach or even park my car in the car park without paying "I think it was 20 Lira"

Maz

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

yES, Tootie, you are right about Escape Beach and all the others that charge for admittance. The law states (I believe) that you must pay for umbrellas, sunbeds etc,but NO charge for admission. Trouble is that these people are bigger than you and I and theyhold out because they know that just about everyone else will meekly part up with their money.

Had I been part of the family of 6 that I had, I could not afford one day on the beach at the kind of money one gets here. I know there are authorities which raise their heads from time to time and try to set the matter to rights,lbut it is not often enough or loudly enough.

Maybe it is better to vote with one's feet (or is it 'bum')

newlad

Message Posted:
20/03/2010 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Give Diana beach a wide berth.We visited last year and where completeley ripped off,

Paul.

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
20/03/2010 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Paul I agree with you. Also as MarieB says be careful at Escape beach, I have been there a few times, it is a rip off especially with the price of drinks on top of the beds and umrellas

Ian

newlad

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Also the service at Diana beach was apalling,and the beach filthy,

Paul.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.